General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #46  

Well, I have this compulsive behavior of pulling down my shirts all the time because I'm afraid my belly is going to show. Even when the shirts I'm wearing are clearly long enough to cover everything, I still stretch them down, "just to be sure". Once I lose all this belly fat and get more toned, hopefully this behavior will go away.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #47  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 327/237/180

Height: 5'3

Paint my toe nails without having to get in weird positions to do so. Also not using the bend in my knee{leg} to hold the polish bottle. LOL I know thats sounds aweful.
gypsy137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #48  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy137 View Post
Paint my toe nails without having to get in weird positions to do so. Also not using the bend in my knee{leg} to hold the polish bottle. LOL I know thats sounds aweful.
I decided I'm going to paint my toenails this summer. I haven't even TRIED since I was in high school and I only tried once - I'm 42 - that's a LONG TIME of no pretty toenails. Doesn't help I have the oddest toes See here for a visual:

http://melissaslife42.blogspot.com/2...-my-shins.html (too funny, I wrote that a year and one day ago. And wow - my feet were so chubby!)

Wonder if I will still paint them like a 2 year old with being unable to keep the paint ON THE NAIL!!!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 04-11-2012 at 10:36 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #49  
Weightloss Rock Star

Height: 5'5"

I would LOVE to not compare myself to every other girl in the room to make sure I'm not the biggest. I notice this most often during dance classes because we're all wearing light clothes foe good movement and there are lots of mirrors. Even so, it DOESN'T MATTER!!! I'm there to enjoy my body and use it.
Anssett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #50  
Sarcastic Non-Chick Chick

S/C/G: 360/192/150

Height: 5'7"

Seat gauging is a big one, but as a sort of tangent to that? Bringing my own seat belt extender when I fly.

Yeah. For serious. I had my own that I'd stow inside of my suitcase (I one-bag, so everything's a carry-on). I had a complicated sequence of top-secret moves to get it from the outside pocket of the bag to my pocket, and then to slip it out and into place without drawing too much attention to myself. I was like a very fat, very clumsy ninja.

Flying at 360+? You better believe I had an extender. And thankfully, I also had my mom in the seat next to me, so I didn't have to freak out too much about encroaching on her space. Flying at around 320-ish? Extender, if only just. Kind of disheartening when you've been on plan for four months, and you still need the stupid thing. Flying at 239? I might've been the only person in coach who was happy about how roomy the seat was! No extender.

Sitting like a normal person. I like to have my leg curled underneath me, or drawn to my chest, or resting on something. I climb. It's like I'm allergic to the floor or something. This worked fine at my low weight (high school) in the 190s. This was less fine at 360. It's now mostly fine again, but I still have to be a little careful. But I can now still usually sit like a freak.

The lift-the-belly wash. You guys know what I'm talking about. Or some of you do, at least. You know, the thing where you lift your belly when you shower because otherwise you just know it's gonna get all gross. I hope I get to the point where I don't have to do that.

Shopping at Lane Bryant. I'm starting to get close-ish to that point, as I'm now in their 14s. It's a little daunting, as Lane Bryant/Fashion Bug/Torrid have been my mainstays for ages (less Torrid after they became a more expensive Fashion Bug, but still). I don't think I actively consider shopping other places now, and that'll be an adjustment. One I'm glad to make, but still...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5"3

I always get a cushion to hide my stomach and how my tights become HUGE when i sit down.
Also I would have to wear baggy clothes, or be self-conscious about how the clothes I'm wearing make me look fat.
And the chair thing actually happened to me at school in front of the WHOLE HIGH SCHOOL, it was so embarrassing.

Last edited by WilloW176; 04-11-2012 at 09:09 PM.
WilloW176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
I once broke part of a barstool at a Christmas party. At my husband's boss's house. Everyone heard the "crunch" and turned to stare at me. How embarrassing. I wasn't even anywhere near my highest weight! I've even lost 30 pounds since then but I'm still big enough for that to remain a possibility.

I'll have a better attitude about clothes shopping when I'm a smaller size. I'm not sure if I have a chip on my shoulder or what, but I just get extremely annoyed and irritated every time I step into a store with clothes. I wonder if they'll have anything that will fit me at all, let alone be somewhat flattering. It's really a pet peeve of mine to go into a store and see an entire wall of clothes, and realize that the teeny little section of only 5 or 6 racks is plus size, and then when I dive into that find out half of it is maternity. Although I suppose that's better than entering a store I've never visited and finding out they don't carry plus sizes at all.

I'm hoping I won't hide behind hoodies anymore. When I get smaller I'm going to make it a point not to buy them.
You won't even go near a hoodie. I use to be the same way. I like fitted clothes now. I don't like them even a tiny bit loose on me and you will feel the same way.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #53  

I had a friend in high school years ago that would tell her boyfriend a smaller size to buy for her (if he was buying clothes as a gift) and then she would return them for the larger size that she was. Heck, he could see what she looked like and knew how big/small she actually was. The size is just a mental thing with us.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #54  

I haven't tried to paint my tow nails yet since losing 28 lbs. I think I might try that tonight. It always hurt my belly to bend over to do it before.

Last edited by lyv33; 04-21-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #55  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

my family has what we like to call 'the campbell buttcrack' it shows no matter what we wear, and at my size it is hard to find a belt that fits, so to cover the problem, i buy high waisted jeans, and i wear very long shirts, sometimes i will even go to ross, or fashion bug, or wherever, and buy a dress, then cut it down so it is long enough for me to move around comfortably without anyone seeing my business. when i am smaller, im hoping that wont be as big of a problem.

at least at a small size i can wear a effin belt!!
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Height: 5'3

Change my outfit eleventy-billion times before I'm satisfied. I've always thought (or maybe just imagined) that skinny women throw something on and go, and always look fabulous. With me, I'm constantly checking for muffin top, back fat, etc.
COchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #57  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I wear a t shirt, suspenders and another shirt, usually a policy shirt untuxked. I look forward to ditching the suspenders and second shirt.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #58  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

How about things I don't do as a fat person that I wish I could do if I were thin?

Being fat, I haaaaate buying clothes. Normally I buy men's pants because they look better on me. All the plus size clothes for women I find are kinda frumpy and "fitted" (just what I want to show off how fat I am with some nice fitted pants). If I were thin I wouldn't be restricted with what I can wear and I would looove to just take something off the rack and know it will fit. Being my size, even certain pants marked my size I can't fit in when I know that that is my size. =(

Being fat, when I am out exercising, hiking some trails. I will often find the nearest bench and "relax" while I wait for a group of skinny people go passed me. I am always embarrassed that I can't keep up the pace.

Being fat, I have to buy men's shoes because my feet are too fat to fit into cute women's shoes. =( I would love to wear cute sandals or heels, but they don't fit =( I would also love to wear boots that go up the knee, but my calves are way too big.

Ok, so most of my gripes are about not being able to wear something that I'd absolutely love to wear one day. =P

Being fat, you'd never see me in a bikini, much less any sort of swimsuit. If I went swimming it was men's trunks and a t-shirt.

I want to be skinny so I can wear whatever I want to wear. =) I love clothes, I just can't buy them for the fat me =/
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/135

Height: 5ft 3.5

I do the sit on the couch and put a pillow over my belly thing. I also tie a light jacket around my waist to look smaller, but I think it makes me look bigger. I remember trying to buy some boots for winter a year or two ago and all of them I tried on would not zip all the way up! Talk about being embarrassed. I avoid short tops, and I hate when my tshirts shrink. I have also put my tops on and stretched them out using my bed post lol. For summer I would buy shorts to go over my bathing suit, or buy the little tie on skirt things, unless I bought a bathing suit bottom that was a skirt....and yeah get a tan. I'm sorry but I think a tan or a healthy color makes you look better lol.
want2bskine is offline   Reply With Quote