General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 09:08 AM   #31  

Here we are again for another great week

The sun is just starting to come out, we had snow last night again.

I put on my hat and winter coat and went out for my walk, it sure felt good to get out, I am hoping that the snow will melt today and I can get out and get on my bike and also get my walk in.

It sure makes it easier to get out when the weather is nice. Well Tracy and Sassagirl I hope you girls are able to get out and enjoy some exercising this week. I am ready for a good week of lots of bike riding and walking.

Have a good one.

Suzanne
Old 04-29-2002, 03:39 PM   #32  

Unhappy Time to walk??

Hi Suzanne and Girls,
Suzanne good for you -- all the walking your getting in. I am having trouble finding the time...I walked 3 times last week, but the weekend was terrible....if I could walk at midnight I'd Have no problem. I really need to work on my time scheduling..to find the time for "me"..with two kids, husband, house to run, and a job...where do I fit it in?????? I still feel good and strong, though...my eating is going real good. Just have to work on the walking...once the weather gets nicer I can walk in the early morning...about 6:15 a.m. But still a bit cold for that. Keep up the good work everyone..and thanks for making me feel welcome.
Karen
Old 05-28-2002, 12:03 PM   #33  

Smile Lighten Up!

Hello Ladies! I haven't been to a forum in almost two months, but hopefully I'll have the time to get back into it. It sounds like everyone is doing so well on their diets. I'm hoping I can get back into a diet. I work as a cook in an assisted living facility for the elderly. So dieting is very hard work. But, I've come on a diet that several of the residents have to be on because of diabetes. It's a very low carbohydrate diet - no potatoes, rice, bread, etc. And of course, no desserts. We do cook diabetic desserts, and they're pretty good. I'm thinking of trying this out even though I'm not diabetic. Can't hurt, right? The reason I got off my diet was because we were spending alot of time at the hospital with my son and daughter-in-law. They had a baby girl. Unfortunately, she was born almost 3 months too early. She was 1 lb 9 oz when born. But now she's up to 2 lb 1 oz, almost completely off the respirator and they're feeding her some high nutrient formula - 18 cc every 3 hours. But now that she's doing so well (the doctors are amazed!) maybe I can concentrate on my own fat self. I need to lose 50 lbs. And at this point I can use all the encouragement I can get. Everyone keep up the good work! Love to you all, Kylesgranny
Closed Thread