Old 08-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #61  

You lucky lady!!! Almost an official RN and only 22! I started late I was too much of a party animal and then I realized I wanted a baby - had him, and then decided to go back to school! Sheesh! I'm behind!

Good job though!
LoseBabyWeight2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 158/156.5/135

Height: 5"8

Wowowow you guys are just full of surprises. That is TOOO funny hahaha!!
Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:50 AM   #63  

Loved Kenpo today!! By fare my favorite workout so far. I wish i could do it twice a week and leave out plyo ... I have a feeling that my weight in on monday will show no change so far. My diet this week was AWFUL!! I started out so good and finished of soo bad!!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I've just read this thread because I've been curious about this exercise. I noticed that you're also talking about protein shakes. Please read the latest Consumer Reports about them. Apparently a number of them have heavy metals in them. This industry is NOT regulated by the FDA. A personal trainer at my gym who is also a nutrition grad student told me that almost all of them have metals and HORMONES as "filler."

If you continue to use them, do not use any more than recommended. Sorry, to bring you bad news.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
Loved Kenpo today!! By fare my favorite workout so far. I wish i could do it twice a week and leave out plyo ... I have a feeling that my weight in on monday will show no change so far. My diet this week was AWFUL!! I started out so good and finished of soo bad!!
I have an awful confession to make. Well, I was down about a pound (would've been more if I hadn't cheated 3 days this week) and last night I went to a UFC party, drank some beers, had some oreos...

I am UP 2 pounds from Friday!!!! I am so upset with myself! Like I knew I overdid it but holy cow, not that much. It's not even TOM when I always gain 2-3 pounds... I have nobody to blame but myself. Oh well. Week 3 starting today plus bumping up my 5K run, I'll work at least a little bit of last night off.
Allowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #66  

I have been steering clear of those situations! I am proud to say that I have had no booze - except I might have a beer with lunch today when meeting up with an old girlfriend....hehehe

You know what - I am sure some of that is muscle - having some beer and oreos did NOT make you instantly gain 2 lbs! Just eat clean today, and weigh in tomorrow and you can re-gauge where you at and what you need to do

Nikon - Kenpo left me so SORE! My arms from throwing punches are soooooooooo owey I can barely pick up my son! Hahaha, but it feels good. FEEL THE BUUUUUUURN!
Old 08-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas View Post
I've just read this thread because I've been curious about this exercise. I noticed that you're also talking about protein shakes. Please read the latest Consumer Reports about them. Apparently a number of them have heavy metals in them. This industry is NOT regulated by the FDA. A personal trainer at my gym who is also a nutrition grad student told me that almost all of them have metals and HORMONES as "filler."

If you continue to use them, do not use any more than recommended. Sorry, to bring you bad news.
I'm pretty sure the 3 of us that mainly post on this thread are only using the serving sizes recommended. Will keep that in mind---thanks for the heads up Tejas
Old 08-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

You're welcome. I actually love "muscle milk" which was one of the worst one tested.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #69  

Just finished day 15, Core Synergistics. Also did about a 2.5 mile run this morning. I am pooped!

I still am so awful at push ups. I always have been, but it's just so disconcerting when everyone on the television screen is making it look like a piece of cake and yet I still struggle to do like 2-3 real push ups. Oh well. If I'm not improving at P90X I know for sure that I'm improving at my running haha, 8 weeks ago I could barely run 3 minutes straight and now I can run over 30 minutes straight.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #70  

So glad that today is my rest day, i definately needed this!!

@ LTBW2009: ME TOO!! i am crazy sore today!! The only place i havent really been that sore all week has been my arms but today boy, IM FEELIN THE BURN hahahaha, gotta love it!! Good job on week 1!!! virtual hi five!!

@ Allowat: I agree with LTBW, there is no way in **** you gained 2 pounds after cheating a couple of times, especially since you do the workouts AND run!!! O, just so you know, i bought the c25k app on my iphone about 4 months ago but never ended up doing it. I see that your doing it and you like it so im going to start tomorow. Any tips??
Old 08-29-2010, 08:29 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
So glad that today is my rest day, i definately needed this!!

@ LTBW2009: ME TOO!! i am crazy sore today!! The only place i havent really been that sore all week has been my arms but today boy, IM FEELIN THE BURN hahahaha, gotta love it!! Good job on week 1!!! virtual hi five!!

@ Allowat: I agree with LTBW, there is no way in **** you gained 2 pounds after cheating a couple of times, especially since you do the workouts AND run!!! O, just so you know, i bought the c25k app on my iphone about 4 months ago but never ended up doing it. I see that your doing it and you like it so im going to start tomorow. Any tips??
Did you like Kenpo as well? Haha I always get sore inside my elbows after Kenpo.

Yay for c25k! That app is what I use, and it's so great and easy to use. Well my only tip to you is "know that the soreness will go away." My first 2-3 weeks were really painful, but I had not worked out in months. I was having joint pain where I'd never had joint pain before, and I thought it'd never go away, but it turns out that it ended up all going away once I got used to the running :-) It's an awesome program.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #72  

"know that soreness will go away" got it. Although im still a skeptic about that matter in terms of P90X lol.

Just finished my chest, back and ab ripper x. I found that i "brought it" alot harder this week and my rep numbers were up which made me happy! As for ab ripper i probably only did half of it. I dont know why but i really hate the whole thing. I normally love doing floor exercises and pilates and such, but this one just kills me and even though its only 15 min i cant seem to focus on finishing it!! However, for some random reason, i LOVE doing the wide leg roll ups. I feel like i would be happy just doing those for 15 min !!

As for the weigh in today i foud out that i am 1.5 lbs down from last week?!?! I thought for sure i wouldn't see any improvements. I think that i need to invest in one of those really good accurate scales though because the one i have is a cheapy 10 y/o run of the mill bathroom scale.

How did you guys do today??

Any surprises from the weigh ins?

Keep up the awesome work guys!! I know im feeling so much better already just because i haven't quit!!

Last edited by Nikon; 08-30-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #73  

Back to 155.5 at my weigh-in today. That is .5 pounds down from my starting point. Oh well. I know there's a lot of water retention and muscle building going on.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:35 PM   #74  

What the heck?! My post didn't go through last night? I was at 137.5 on Monday but today I was 136.7!! I don't know which it is, but I will go with Monday since that's weigh in day! So I am down 0.5lbs!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:57 PM   #75  

Wow haha you just made me realize I typed 155.5 and I meant 145.5... Yay for being down 0.5 pounds!!!

By the way everyone, I'm Kayla. Nice to meet ya ;-)