Old 10-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 158.6/154.8/130

Height: 5' 3"

Today I'm starting Week 4 of Insanity and I'm addicted and determined to reach my goal weight and complete this program. I have always attempted to be active, but fall into the "busy wife/mom/full-time job" rut. I want to tackle my yo-yo weight loss/gain and maintain a healthy weight. I love reading success stories, blogs, and motivation forums. I track my caloric intake on dailyburn.com and maintain a personal blog journal.
getfitdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Good for you getfitdiva I'm on week3 and I lost 3 inches off my waist so far and that's with 2 days of TOM "binging". I absolutely love Insanity.
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #168  

hello all!

my name is blu39 and i'm 45 years old, female and very overweight. i'm from the uk and i have started the insanity workout this last week

to be honest, i was all fired up about doing it and i managed to do 4 days in a row but now my motivation just seems to be flagging. i like the workout, but i just get so damm tired each day and i don't have the energy to do a workout now.

i don't know why i'm so tired all the time, i just am and i know that exercise is meant to energise you, but it just makes me want to sleep!!!

its probably my age and my weight, i'm 5'3, small frame and 14st 10 llbs which is 206 llbs.

if anyone has got any advice on how to lose the fat and get fit, please help me because i am so sick of being fat and not being able to wear the clothes i want to wear. i am beginning to look old and haggard and i hate that too!

i like shaun t and his dvd's but motivation is clearly lacking at the moment, so all comments, advice most welcome.

blu
blu39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #169  

Height: 5'7"

Wow! I just tried Insanity today, the Fit Test and skipped to the Max Cardio just to see what it was like. I had to stop not because I felt like throwing up and having side stitches, but because my back started to spasm. This is tough! But I am going to do it at least twice a week. I think I really like this series!
blingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #170  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu39 View Post
hello all!

my name is blu39 and i'm 45 years old, female and very overweight. i'm from the uk and i have started the insanity workout this last week

to be honest, i was all fired up about doing it and i managed to do 4 days in a row but now my motivation just seems to be flagging. i like the workout, but i just get so damm tired each day and i don't have the energy to do a workout now.

i don't know why i'm so tired all the time, i just am and i know that exercise is meant to energise you, but it just makes me want to sleep!!!

its probably my age and my weight, i'm 5'3, small frame and 14st 10 llbs which is 206 llbs.

if anyone has got any advice on how to lose the fat and get fit, please help me because i am so sick of being fat and not being able to wear the clothes i want to wear. i am beginning to look old and haggard and i hate that too!

i like shaun t and his dvd's but motivation is clearly lacking at the moment, so all comments, advice most welcome.

blu
Hi Blu.
How active were you before starting Insanity? If this is your first time exercising in awhile, it might just be a matter of doing too much too soon. The same applies if Insanity is much more intense than your normal workout (if you've been working out already). Maybe try for every other day to start off and see how that feels? Or alternating Insanity with lower impact workouts (there's a ton of plyo in Insanity).
Also, if you're sleepy tired all the time and getting adequate sleep, there might be something else going on. I used to have the same problem--finally went to the doctor about it and found out I was deficient in both iron and vitamin D--deficiencies in either can lead to fatigue. I think the UK has a similar climate to Seattle (where I'm from) and vitamin D deficiency is high here (because of lack of sunlight). Anyway, once I started on supplementation, my energy levels have skyrocketed. It might be worth looking in to.
Good luck!
Another Blu
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #171  

I did the fit test yesterday and the first plyo cardio workout today! I had to take a bazillion breaks. Hope its still effective that way...

I just finished ChaLean Extreme (which I loooved). Do I need to worry about losing the muscle I built with her, in exchange for the cardio, or is the plyometrics enough?

Am debating doing the full 60 days vs a hybrid program.

thanks for any insights.
Transformer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #172  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

I know this thread is old but I would like to resurrect it because I am intrigued by this workout. I have never seen any infomercials on it or anything but I am currently looking for a good solid work out I can do at home and that doesn't take an hour+(I have two children under 4 that don't want to give mommy much time to do her work outs lol).

I have looked into the P90X but hear from a lot of people that it is boring(not sure that exercises are supposed to entertain us anyway) ha, but I just wanted to get some reviews on the insanity. Also can you get it in stores or only online?
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 234/?/140

Height: 5'6

Default Insane and loving it.

I'm entering month 2 of this workout. If you did any kind of sports in HS or college, you'll probably love this workout. It definitely triggers your 'inner sports junkie'. I tried to do this workout back in October and couldn't even make it through the fit test. I'm still struggling a lot, taking breaks, but man, you FEEL this work out.

I don't know about you, but one thing that's always annoyed me in most videos is that the instructor and everyone else is all happy and smiling. Not in this one, they're all sweaty breathing heavily, WORKING OUT!! I love it!!

The best place to check out reviews is amazon.

Hope this helps,

Dana

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschaff04 View Post
I know this thread is old but I would like to resurrect it because I am intrigued by this workout. I have never seen any infomercials on it or anything but I am currently looking for a good solid work out I can do at home and that doesn't take an hour+(I have two children under 4 that don't want to give mommy much time to do her work outs lol).

I have looked into the P90X but hear from a lot of people that it is boring(not sure that exercises are supposed to entertain us anyway) ha, but I just wanted to get some reviews on the insanity. Also can you get it in stores or only online?
VALady78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #174  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschaff04 View Post

Yes let's resurrect this thread! I'm currently awaiting the arrival of the DVD set, and I've been doing the "Fast and Furious" dvd (borrowed it) everyday this week. I bought my set on ebay - got a slightly better deal than on beachbody.com - haven't seen anything in the stores. From the site, the workouts seem to be under an hour.

If the "Fast and Furious" dvd is indicative of the actual program, then Insanity is aptly titled! WOW! But it feels good when I'm done....
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #175  
Veteren Newbie

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 67"

Hello all! Today marks the beginning of week 2 (day 8 of 60) for me with the Insanity Workout Program. I have to admit, it kicked my butt so bad that I could hardly keep up. I think I took more breaks from working out than I did the actual workout during the first week using the videos. Is that bad? For me, that is saying alot. I'm pretty active. I'm a Military Chick, I have got to be active...but I'm tired of the constant yo-yo weight loss/gain cycle that I'm finding myself in. I am hoping that this program will help me lose the weight I need to lose, and get me on track. I know I won't have a problem sticking to it, but I'm looking to get added motivation, and maybe a few pointers to help me out. Good Luck to all!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #176  
Veteren Newbie

Insanity Update! Just completed Day 8 of 60 (Cardio Power & Resistance) and I am pleased to say that I did MUCH better than I had last time.
I'm looking forward to more Insanity tomorrow! :clap:
Old 05-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #177  
There's no fear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Insanity Update! Just completed Day 8 of 60 (Cardio Power & Resistance) and I am pleased to say that I did MUCH better than I had last time.
I'm looking forward to more Insanity tomorrow! :clap:
woooohooo!!! congrats on improving and STICKING TO IT! Nothing wrong with taking breaks as long as you keep on pushing...
Old 05-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #178  
Veteren Newbie

@ Tricia, Thanks for the motivational boost. I've got Pure Cardio on todays' schedule. I plan to push myself a little farther each time. "Dig Deeper" as Shaun would say. It is definately the challenge I've been searching for.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 242/183/160

Height: 5' 10"

I just started Insanity for the second time (last time I got sick about three weeks in and gave up). Did the fit test yesterday. Oh boy, I remember this sore feeling from last time I tried Insanity...

I know last time I did the program I binged pretty much every day because I was super hungry all the time. I ended up gaining four pounds instead of losing, but I felt a ton more in shape, even after just three weeks. I figure if I can control my eating this time around I might get some pretty decent results.

Good luck to everyone else who is doing this too!
oxymoronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:30 AM   #180  
There's no fear...

@ Demona - you're welcome! How did it go with the Pure Cardio?

@oxymoronica - did you get sick the first time you tried it because of the program? just curious. i notice when i do the workouts after eating I feel a little nauseous...not a good idea to eat and then jump up and down!

I'm noticing that I'm eating much more too...this is where Weight Watchers is helping me out big time - I'm less inclined to overeat when I know I don't have the points to do so... keeping track of my intake is so helpful!