Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 12:44 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

RRB2 and welcome back

giddybridetobe-looks like you are off to a great start-enjoy!!

sci-yes this is one of the best programs that I've ever done, don't get me wrong, Love TurboJam, but weight lifting heavy is the key, I have found on my rest days, I do Cardio Party 1,2 or 3, and I up the intensity, found that also gives me a great sweaty time also. sci, are you thinking of starting this program, or just visiting? Either way hope you stop by often.

Quick question-I'm on the 1st week of Lean, and after completing 4wks on both the Burn and Push, without having any major pains or hurts, all of a sudden, my left leg, upper thigh is cramping up so bad, wakes me from a sound sleep, I do all the proper warm up/cool down, even spent a bit of extra time with those runner lunges on my left side. All day today I can feel the muscle in my upper thigh is so tight, I hope that pain doesn't come back, that was aweful, I can remember when I started power walking, at my higher weight, I would get the same muscle spasms, now that I'm lighter and alot more fit, I thought those spasms were over. One other thing, I also have really bad spider veins. I do not want to give up CLX, it's something that I really do love and look forward to doing everyday. I plan to make a dr appt, after Christmas/New Year, but I was wondering if anyone had this problem, or might have some advice. Thanks-so glad it's Finally Friday-Have a great one everyone
Old 12-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #32  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone! I just finished my third week of the burn phase! I am loving how strong I feel after each workout. I'm wondering if anyone else does the 'burn intervals' and other cardio dvds more often than the book says to? I've started thinking like a body builder, and I'm so excited to take my first 30 day progress pics! I might even post them here, if i don't get too embarrassed! lol

I really miss turbo jam! I had a good run with it, but had to stop because all those knee lifts injured my right hip somehow. I was doing cardio party 3 (my fave next to fat blaster) and during the cross cross knee part i could hear and feel a popping noise in my hip when I would lift lower my right knee. And being the stubborn person I am I continued until it became excruciating. My hip hurt for weeks afterwards! Then it finally started feeling normal and stupid me did cardio party 3 again this time I did as little knee lifts as possible and here I am again with a hurt hip. Unfortunately, I've decided that's it for me. No more TJ My stupid hip even aches when I try to run and I can't be having that, I'm training for a half marathon in June. So I will just do what I did last time and take lots of ibuprofen and ice it regularly.

I'm just glad I can still get my Chalene fix from CLX!
Old 12-21-2009, 09:02 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 124/124/110

Height: 5'2"

So I just finnished my first week of the program and turbo jam (Which I love) has nothing on CLX. I feel I get a better work out with this program so far than any others that I have tried. Instead of taking two days off I am doing an extra day of cardio with turbo jam....that is a nice break compared to CLX. I'm just excited to get to day 30 to see what kind of results I am going to have.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 182/161/153

Height: 5'7"

I have a question for all those that are in the Lean phase or have completed the Lean phase. Did you lift any heavier than you did in the push phase or about the same?

I have adjustable 25lb weights that I've maxed out on several of the Push exercises, particularly lower body ones. I begin my last week of Push today.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #35  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

bossybritches -- I lift a lot LIGHTER during the Lean phase than the Push phase, and so does Chalene. You're still lifting during Lean, but you're doing movements WHILE you lift, so the muscles are working a lot harder. (For example, doing a tricep extension while in a plank position... or bicep curls while standing on one leg ... SO HARD!!)

For most of the exercises all through Lean, Chalene & co. are lifting only 10-15 pounds. I lifted even lighter because I'm not as strong as them (yet, anyway). Don't worry, it's still a great workout -- I was astounded by how quickly my muscles tired out while using what I had started to think of as light weights! So anyway, I really don't think you'll need heavier weights until maybe when you do Push the next time around.

Last edited by Skyra; 12-21-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #36  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Hi
I have not posted in awhile I just bought CHALEAN EXTERME and am getting ready to start soon....I am in my THIRD round {midway} of DOUBLES of p90x
I am planning on figuring out some sort of DOUBLES program with CHALEAN I am somewhat addicted to Cardio Kickboxing in addition to the p90x program and have gained so much MUSCLE I am a little paronoid to try this new program ....TELL ME ITS GREAT.....PLEASE!!!!!
Old 12-25-2009, 01:36 AM   #37  
Still pushing to ultimate

S/C/G: 153/CT/135

Height: 5'6

^^^Well this program is geared towards gaining lean muscle mass. I dont think youll gain much more then what you already have from doing p90x twice but u will probably lean out more with Chalean. If you are worried just tone it down during the 2nd phase (Push) and u should be alright. I have toned up my body and lost inches and weight with this program. People say that during the Push phase you dont really lose much or stay the same but Im playin with almost a 2lb loss and this is only my second week You are my height and weigh 128 thats great!!! Ive never been that weight due to muscle but I would like to see 129 once in my life....I just know it would take a lot for me to get there.

I have a love/hate relationship with Push phase. As I see that my body is changing from the increase in weight...the increase in weight is killing me softly...lol!!! Im lifting right along with Chalean and even a Lb heavier here and there. I love that this phase is pushing me but its tough
Old 12-27-2009, 04:50 AM   #38  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Guh... all this sugar over Xmas is screwing me up! Tried to do Burn Intervals today (at the same intensity as usual) and felt very dizzy -- normally this never happens unless I eat too much junk food -- as soon as I get out of my parents' house I'm going back to lots of fruits & vegetables! Can't wait! I am FINALLY starting to believe Chalene when she says "You are an athlete", and now that I'm starting to reach something resembling "athlete" status, I don't want to throw it out the window.

hope you're all doing well...

Do you think of yourself as an athlete?
Old 12-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #39  

I agree all that sugar and fat, recks havoc with your body, trying to stay away from the junk, I really do feel better when I eat healthy. I just need to remember that when I go into the kitchen!!

I've continued with my exercise, in fact I think it is helping me to stay away from the junk as much. I'm also trying to not only think like an athlete, but trying my hardest to eat like one. I know this Christmas was ALOT better, eating wise than last year. This year my stomach doesn't want all that heavy stuff, makes me feel like a lead brick is in there, just need to remember that feeling, BEFORE I eat something naughty!

Hope everyone has a Safe and Very Happy New Year, and is doing well.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:04 AM   #40  

Go Chalean Go Chalean....Im praising this woman. I knew that I would get bored with this program and it still on a daily kicks my butt. I am half way thru the program. This is my second to last wk of Push then on to Lean and my body feels so great. I can see and feel the changes. Im trying so hard to encourage my friends and family to get on board but since I live away from home and they havent seen my results yet they're just like blah!!!
I praise running to help me lose weight but my body has tighten up so much with weight lifting and Im not getting the bulkness that I always fear. And I am one to advocate that not all women get bulky but if I was just weight train daily by isolating muscle groups I do (done it in the past, just my body type). However with this program Im not getting those results. Im getting the same results I did when I did boot camp a few years back and lost a lot of body fat and was the smallest ever. I LOVE CHALEAN EXTREME
Sorry I had to go on my soap box and praise the women but if you stick with it you will see some great results. I cant wait to get home to show off my hot bod when Im done with this program...haha!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #41  
fake it till you make it!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

I am new to this...I bought Chalean Extreme this summer. I used it for awhile but stopped when I went back to work. I want to get started again with the new year and thought this site would help me stay motivated. When I was doing the program, I loved it! Hope to stay motivated this time.

Last edited by mageorge; 12-29-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #42  

Question Question

I just ordered CLX and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I have one concern. I am way overweight - 237lbs. I sporadically worked out in 2009 doing cardio and Zumba classes but never saw any significant weight loss plus or minus 10 lbs over the course of the whole year ( My eating was not in check all the time.) I was told and after much research learned that weight lifting is the key. I've never done much lifting which brought me to Chalene's videos. I cancelled my expensive gym membership, purchased these videos, and will purchase my weights this week. However, i am worried that I may be too overweight to begin this type of workout or to see any results from it. Should I have gone with Turbo Jam and then progressed to CLX? I am so pumped about doing something other than cardio - I hope I can jump right into CLX and incorportate some kind of cardio. Your thoughts? Just really looking for some direction, inspiration...assurance.

Thanks!

Update: Traced my package this morning and it is out for delivery!!! UPS never comes in our neighborhood until 5pm or later but today is the day!!! Excited. I'm going to give this my all.

Last edited by ThinIn2010; 12-30-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:27 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 168/ticker/14oishhh

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Institches21 View Post
RRB2 and welcome back

giddybridetobe-looks like you are off to a great start-enjoy!!

sci-yes this is one of the best programs that I've ever done, don't get me wrong, Love TurboJam, but weight lifting heavy is the key, I have found on my rest days, I do Cardio Party 1,2 or 3, and I up the intensity, found that also gives me a great sweaty time also. sci, are you thinking of starting this program, or just visiting? Either way hope you stop by often.

Quick question-I'm on the 1st week of Lean, and after completing 4wks on both the Burn and Push, without having any major pains or hurts, all of a sudden, my left leg, upper thigh is cramping up so bad, wakes me from a sound sleep, I do all the proper warm up/cool down, even spent a bit of extra time with those runner lunges on my left side. All day today I can feel the muscle in my upper thigh is so tight, I hope that pain doesn't come back, that was aweful, I can remember when I started power walking, at my higher weight, I would get the same muscle spasms, now that I'm lighter and alot more fit, I thought those spasms were over. One other thing, I also have really bad spider veins. I do not want to give up CLX, it's something that I really do love and look forward to doing everyday. I plan to make a dr appt, after Christmas/New Year, but I was wondering if anyone had this problem, or might have some advice. Thanks-so glad it's Finally Friday-Have a great one everyone
Hello
That awful pain happen to me also and i found out it was one of the days i was drinking less of my water. i was a bit dihadrated and that can happen then.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:29 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinIn2010 View Post
I just ordered CLX and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I have one concern. I am way overweight - 237lbs. I sporadically worked out in 2009 doing cardio and Zumba classes but never saw any significant weight loss plus or minus 10 lbs over the course of the whole year ( My eating was not in check all the time.) I was told and after much research learned that weight lifting is the key. I've never done much lifting which brought me to Chalene's videos. I cancelled my expensive gym membership, purchased these videos, and will purchase my weights this week. However, i am worried that I may be too overweight to begin this type of workout or to see any results from it. Should I have gone with Turbo Jam and then progressed to CLX? I am so pumped about doing something other than cardio - I hope I can jump right into CLX and incorportate some kind of cardio. Your thoughts? Just really looking for some direction, inspiration...assurance.

Thanks!

Update: Traced my package this morning and it is out for delivery!!! UPS never comes in our neighborhood until 5pm or later but today is the day!!! Excited. I'm going to give this my all.
A very Happy Yes to your question. You will see amazing results with this program. I do follow the program, as mapped out, but on "rest days" I add TJ Cardio Party. Make sure you get in your water, and making good food choices will help you all the more. Good Luck and Enjoy CLX, "Time to Get Extreme"
Old 01-04-2010, 01:54 AM   #45  

Hey everyone just checking in on how everyone is doing with Chalean. I have one more week of the Push phase but might do 5wks like I did with Burn. The only reason is becasue it will be TOM the last wk and I want my measurements to be as accurate as I can get them. Plus one more wk wont kill me as I really like the Push phase. I didnt expect to see a lot of progress as far as wt loss during this phase but if Im right on track I might be around a 3-4lb loss. Thats good for me as I get down this low its usually harder for me to lose weight. I am however excited to change it up and see what Lean phase brings. Ive tried to talk a lot of my friends into trying it but no one is taking me serious. They see my progress and loss but everyone is afraid of bulking up!!! Its not happening!!! Well enough ramble...Hope everyone had a great New Year!!!
Closed Thread