Old 10-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang

thanks for all the encouraging words. it really helps and some days man do I need those encouraging words ;-)

I think I am just worn out - I'm sure y'all can relate.

I did do 3 miles this morning even tho I did not feel like it. I used the older 5 mile dvd and did the 2 fast miles and then the 3rd mile with 2 lb handweights in each hand.

Zeta - CONGRATS on doing 4 miles! AWESOME!

Kim - CONGRATS on your first 4 miles too! AWESOME!

Blackdove - I usually use 2 lb or 3 lb handweights when I use them. I don't think I've ever walked with 5 lb weights. You're gonna love the Walk Away your Waistline set!

Liane - I would be dancing a jig in those size 8 jeans! whooohoooo CONGRATS!

hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #47  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi..New to this forum...

Hello to all,

I'm new to this forum as well. I started these videos last week by doing 1 mile for the 1st 5 days, 2 miles Saturday, 2 miles Monday and 3 this morning. I definitely have not hit the mark were I'm psyched to exercise in the morning...I still have to make myself though I know the 'rule' is that any new behavior becomes a 'habit' in 2 weeks.....

Let's see how tomorrow goes....!
Fab4two
Fab4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:04 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'4"

I wish I had the energy to work out in the morning, but I like my sleep too much. I'm most motivated to doing my walking right after work (which, most days, is around 4:00 or 4:30. *love my job for that*

*bites nails for new DVD to come*

Cathy: I thought about getting 2 or 3 lb hand weights, but I was afraid of getting used to that too quickly--but that was in reference to doing just arm lifts, etc, not really in correlation to the walking dvds.
blackdove95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:20 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'0''

Hiya ladies!!

Fab4two - I totally understand where you're coming from. I try my best to make it the first thing I do in the morning, but I always get sidetracked by other things. It doesn't matter when you get it in -- as long as you get it in somewhere! Welcome!!!

I did the 4mi Super Challenge again today -- I found myself just boppin along today, unconcerned with the time. Yesterday, I was like geez, why is this fourth mile not over yet! LOL.

Hope everyone had a good day!

Cassie
ZetaMD2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #50  

Good Morning Gang

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs dvd.

Fab4two - welcome! you are doing GREAT! I've beend doing this for years and I still have to MAKE myself get up and do it. If I don't get it in at 5 am I just don't get it in - something comes up during my lunch hour, or I'm in a rush to get home and start all the goings on around here, so 5 am is what works for me. but yea I would much rather sleep longer

Blackdove - I agree - whatever time works best for you is the best time to do it. hope your dvd gets there soon.

Zeta/Cassie - CONGRATS on 4 more miles! so glad you were able to "boop" along today that's awesome!

hope everybody has a great day:
hugs,
cathy
Old 10-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #51  

Hey hey all!

I got the WATW dvd today and decided to try it out--the whole thing! Man, I was sweating within 10 minutes. I'm not sure if I'm doing the waist belt thing right...maybe I'll be able to tell tomorrow?

Either way, the only parts of this that my coordination just couldn't figure out is the back and forth side-steps and then the tap outs with the belt reaches. I was like, huh?

Nevertheless, it felt good to be moving for that extra 15 minutes!

Hope you guys are well today!

Last edited by blackdove95; 10-22-2008 at 07:27 PM. Reason: just a little clarification...
Old 10-23-2008, 01:10 AM   #52  

Hiya ladies!

Blackdove - Coordination escapes us all sometimes! You are not alone. But after the first few times, you get it down. Congrats on getting that 3 miles in today!

Cathy -- I can't imagine working out at 5am -- mainly because I need to be out my door, on my way to school by then (pre-rounds at 5:30am). Thank god this rotation ends on FRIDAY. LOL. Congrats on getting that 2 miles done! I might need to invest in the Hips and Thighs DVD.

I only got one mile in myself today. I've got a big test on Friday and a skills exam in the morning, so I figured I could play catch up on my mileage this weekend. I've done 41 miles of my 50 mile October challenge so far. It looks like I'm going to get them all in -- with some to spare! I might have to aim higher next month.

Have a fabulous day ladies (since it's already after midnight!).

Cassie
Old 10-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #53  

I had to skip yesterday because I went to a memorial service for my friend's grandma.

Today I did my WATW, and I love it! I love just pushing myself through the last mile. After I showered, I weighed myself and since the last I weighed myself, I've lost two pounds! I'm so excited about this. It means I'm that much closer getting to my goal for the new year!

Hope everyone else is doing okay! It's been quiet around here for a couple of days.

Last edited by blackdove95; 10-25-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 10-26-2008, 03:23 AM   #54  

Hey ladies,

Don't ya hate when life gets in the way of your workout? I had a final on Friday, so I was up late at school Thursday studying for it and then Friday after I took the test (and proctered a 3 hour long anatomy midterm for the firsties), I just zonked out in bed.

But I'm back on it today! 4 mile super challenge complete!!

Blackdove95 -- WATW is by far my favorite!!! I'm glad you're liking it too!!

Until tomorrow ladies,
Cassie
Old 10-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #55  

Hello! Newbie here. I have been lurking on this forum for a little while now, and wanted to say thanks! I have just been walking on my treadmill and was bored to tears. I found this site and read so many good things about WATP that I ordered one from Netflix. I think the title is Express? Anyway, I did my first walk this morning and WOW. This is totally what I needed! I did the one mile easy walk (but without the band - need to get one) and the first mile of the 2 mile walk before I was exhausted.

Thanks again for helping me get to the new me!
Thunder Thighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Thighs View Post
Hello! Newbie here. I have been lurking on this forum for a little while now, and wanted to say thanks! I have just been walking on my treadmill and was bored to tears. I found this site and read so many good things about WATP that I ordered one from Netflix. I think the title is Express? Anyway, I did my first walk this morning and WOW. This is totally what I needed! I did the one mile easy walk (but without the band - need to get one) and the first mile of the 2 mile walk before I was exhausted.

Thanks again for helping me get to the new me!
Welcome to the forum!!!! I'm glad that you're enjoying WATP. Isn't Leslie so great?
Old 10-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #57  

hey gang
i started off the week well and then thursday and friday "life" got in the way. yesterday i cleaned house for 6 hours so that was my exercise for the day. tomorrow i plan to get up at 5:00 and do some miles.
hope everybody is having a great weekend.
hugs
cathy
Old 10-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #58  

Welcome, welcome Thunder! LS is so motivating; I love the dvds! Everyone here is so nice too and very supportive.

Today, I did the WATP, 30-min walk. I have a thing that I have to stagger the vids so I don't get too bored.

I wonder if anyone here or knows of anyone who's actually met Leslie? I imagine she's just as lovely in person as her dvds, but maybe that's just me?
Old 10-26-2008, 11:23 PM   #59  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hello Everyone. I am gald to be here and am having a blast reading everything here. What a total wealth of information and what amazing support I am reading here.

I am a 30-something Mom and started my new life about four to five months ago. I began walking two months ago + and have added spurts of running to my walk. I find it's really helping with lots of things. My daily "trek" is about three miles. Two miles is walking and 1 mile is running. I break my running up into pieces so it isn't all at once.

Anyway, I wanted to stop in and say "hello" and tell all of you how excited I am to find this site. I have been blogging on another site for several months but it is pretty slow there. This looks like the place for me.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #60  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey--also I am an IPOD addict when I exercise. Does anyone know if there are any downloads in the Itunes store specifically for fast paced walking?
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote