Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Dianne042425 Id love to see befores/ lowest weight pics! Thanks for the compliment! Im pear shaped so I usually never have to worry about the upper body unless my weight gets reaaaaally up there ( like my starting weight). My current measurements are 34-24.5-37.5. I would be sooo happy with 35" hips! Id die lol.

ann71 Great job on the painting! Ive always wanted to take on a project like that. Go you!

philana Im BIG on non-food related, weight loss treats ( just look at my siggy). Totally go for it! 15lbs is a huge accomplishment!

Dorian5 You are going to be hot, hot, hot in that swimsuit. Make sure you post pics although I know we are still a few weeks away. Also I totally feel you on the discussing the diet with the boyfriend. Mine says he doesnt mind and tries to be a good listener but makes it known he preferred my shape the way it was when I was 15-20 lbs heavier. I dont understand how bc I feel theres been a DRASTIC change for the better but he loved all the soft curviness I guess... Im happy I have 3fc too.

Mortonpixie Great job on the run! Im an aspiring runner although I ve just been doing a whole lot of walking lately . My bf just bought me some of the reebok toning shoes so Ill be doing a lot of walking/ running. I heard that walking is better for de-bulking ( i made up a term, lol) really bulky, muscular legs so that has been my cardio of choice lately. Sorry about the facebook drama hopefully you can work it out!

ferretgirl Zumba seems like a GOOD time. I always see the advertisement for the DVDs and want to order them. The ppl on the commercial look so fit and toned and like they are having a blast but.... I guess thats kind of the point lol. Hope you continue to enjoy it.

Ive been MIA for the past couple of days... Started a new voyage into a (potentially) 30 day raw fruit and vegetable detox. Since thursday Ive only consumed fruits and veggies, I did have nuts on the first day but Ive since cut them out. Today makes day 3 and Im actually feeling really good. I was having some serious issues with " going" but ever since I started my detox its been like clock work. And already pounds and inches have been literally disappearing... Its actually a little scary, ha!. Has anyone ever tried anything like this?

I must admit my attempt at this was two-fold. While I am genuinely interested in the detox component and giving my digestive tract a boost, I know this will also be a super fast, moderately healthy way to get to goal. Ive done a ton of research and watched some vlogs on youtube and it seems to be really effective and the weight loss is sustainable as long as you dont go stuffing yourself with all things fattening once you are finished. I have enough energy to get through workouts and the day in general, Im not hungry as long as I keep fruits or veggies around, and I can literally eat as much of them as I want so no calorie counting.

Not sure how long Ill stick with it but Im going to commit to 7 days at a time and evaluate whether I want to go for another 7 after each week, with the end goal being 30 days. Luckily I truly love, love, love fruits and veggies and Im actually really enjoying indulging without thinking of calories, carbs, and sugars while watching the scale go down. Im even eating banana "ice cream" which just consists of blended bananas and whatever fruit, nut, or spice u want to add to it. Its just like soft serve, delicious, and dairy & sugar free! Im loving feeling full but light.

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to share!

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 07-10-2011 at 02:55 PM.
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #62  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Ugh. Lost the plot one day short of three weeks binge free. Feeling gross all weekend long + being constipated + rather sudden onset of moving-related stress = trying to solve a societal problem using long division aka food. I could sort of feel the binge coming on all weekend.

Weight is up, will go down, I just wish I didn't have this latent stupid habit lurking!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #63  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I just shouldn't weigh myself. I'm 3 days in with 1500/1200/1500 cals. Excersised 2 of those days. But I've seriously not lost an ounce. I don't understand it! Though the last time I was coming from a worse place, hadn't done sports in forever and had been eating a bag of chips a night. This time it's not that bad - maybe that's why I should be a bit more rigorous? 4 days. If I still haven't lost any by then I'm gonna flip. Though technically I'm already a bit spooked by this :P

Oh, I've drastically upped my protein intake (within those calories) because I'm going to be excersising more on weights and such. Could that cause the slow start?

Have to say though that I feel great - like I'm full of energy and such. So it's not all bad!

(sorry for the self centered whiny post here)

Last edited by philana; 07-11-2011 at 01:59 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #64  

Krampus Its ok girlie! Back on the wagon you go!

Philana What type of exercise are you doing?What is your carb intake like?

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 07-11-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

philana-- stick with it! Spa sounds ahhhmazing

skinnyelle--I'm intrigued by the fruit/veggie idea! I just tend to get very low on energy without protein. I am known to go crazy around nuts, esp almonds, so I don't know how that would go... either way, keep up posted.

krampus-- Yep.. Me too. Different reasons, but emotional eating nonetheless.

Time to go find an umbrella.... raging thunderstorms shall not stop me from hoofing it to the gym. Gotta get 'er done.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #66  
say what?

skinnyelle - i'm trying to do 55% carbs, 30 % protein and 15% fat. Since I don't eat meat that's quite a challange. I'm going to the gym 4 to 5 days a week where I do 30 mins cardio (bike, elliptical and rowing) and 30 mins of strength/weights.

I don't know, it must be the increased proteine. Or just because I was already living healthier the last month so the change wasn't so big for my body? Either way - I better be loosing some soon or I'll get massively demotivated! haha

The raw food thing sounds nice, especially during summer time! Goodluck with it, and keep us posted. Curious as to how you'll maintain energy-wise.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Happy Monday feathers!

Claire I totally hear ya on the "putting too much pressure" on ourselves. I constantly find myself doing that. Ive even had strangers who have just met me for a few hours tell me I put too much pressure on myself. I have no idea why! Maybe its the society we've grown up in? I swear I belong in a small town. I just seem to be most comfortable in towns like that

I need to try those brownies of yours!!!

Ann The house looks great! Good joB!!

Dorian Yes, my stress level has been a bit high. I need to relax on it all. Oh gosh Outback. It is NEAR impossible for me to stay away from bread at any resteraunt. We actually didnt end up going. I was going to get the 6oz steak without butter, veggies and a side salad!

I too need to stop talking about dieting. It IS hard when its on your mind almost all the time. I am even thinking about telling everyone I am not dieting anymore. Im sick of the snide comments and just the comments in general. So I hear ya on that girl!

Skinnyelle Wow. Our measurements were almost the same! When I got down to about 128 I was 32-24-37. Thats too funny! We must have similar body shapes. I too gain last in my upper body, so when i start to gain there, I know theres trouble. lol

I am SO curious about this 30 day detox. I did a 24 hours fruits and veggies only detox. Those sorts of things are easy for me because I am a fruit queen!!!!! But I am a little curious. How are you maintaing muscle without protein. Also, how can you still lose weight if you are eating unlimited fruits. Fruit actually is pretty calorie dense. I can put down 500 calories worth of fruit in like 15 minutes. If I had the mindset of all the fruit I want, I woud easily be putting down 2500 calories worth..So how does that work for weight loss if your calories are like 2500-3000??

Krampus Me too girl! I think as we get older and our hormones/emotions start to level out, we wont binge or emotional eat as much.. well I am hoping anyways!

So I messed up pretty bad on Saturday. I know its just one day, but it was my first week and I had already messed up 2 days that week. So that made 3 days. I wanted to lose 1.5 pounds, but if my calculations are right with my calories it will be MAYBE a .8 pound loss. I havent weight yet. Weighing tomorrow. DO you think I could still have water weight from Saturday tomorrow morning? I hope not..

HOpe everyone else had a great weekend!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

I slid my ticker back down, I weigh 124.6lbs this morning, so I'm happily going back to weighing most every day since the ups don't bother me as much as the fear of getting a high weight on the one day I weigh in a week.

I officially have less than 10lbs to lose, which blows my mind.

I'm feeling pretty good about how I'm looking, I don't know if maybe 115lbs might be unrealistic considering my chest size. Right now I'm at 37-26-34 (I have whittled my hip measurements down drastically) and I don't know where 10 more lbs is gonna come from? My arms need some fat gone and that little pocket below my belly button is still a little bit pooched. Guess I'll know when I'm done!

ETA: I totally forgot to tell you guys that I fit into the tiniest pair of jeans I own the other night, a very expensive pair of designer skinny jeans that are a size 26 (they have some give to them) -- I am wearing them to my boyfriend and I's date night on Saturday to see Harry Potter and go eat Red Lobster! I also ordered myself a new pair of platform heels to wear with them! I'll get a picture, totally excited!!!!

---

philana - I would imagine that the reason you haven't lost is the amount of exercise you're doing. When I run or work out, I cannot weigh myself the next day because my muscles hold on to so much water I usually show a GAIN of a few lbs. I have to wait another day after resting to weigh in, and that's when I see a sudden drop. Wait until you weigh in a day or two after resting before getting discouraged. Nice work!

Dianne042425 - I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Take it easy today, drink lots of water/green tea/coffee (always works for me!) and you should be getting all that water weight gone!

claire0412 - We ended up making GIGANTIC salmon filets instead of tuna over the weekend, but that tuna steak recipe is making it into my tummy PRONTO, it sounds AMAZING! Yummm yum yum. I can't dance either, so I do it in the privacy of my living room with curtains drawn and all the lights off so no one sees me doing my Carmen Electra moves, haha!

krampus - You are doing a fantastic job tackling this binge demon that haunts you, 3 weeks is incredible and you've made such great progress! Shake off this slip and get back on it -- I've found that when I am stressed and feel like I have no control of my life, having control of what I am eating is a HUGE comfort to me. Hope things calm down for you soon!

skinnyelle39 - I dig the raw diet, and I especially dig that you are evaluating yourself every week to see if it's something you want to continue, that sounds so realistic and healthy. You're doing great and I'm glad that you're FEELING great too!

ann71 - Your house looks great, I bet you're glad to have it done!!

FatPantsSkinnyJeans - Love the commitment, you go get 'er done, indeed!

Love you guys!

Last edited by Dorian5; 07-11-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #69  

fatpantsskinnyjeans My energy level has been pretty good without the protein from meats. I would assume the carbs and sugars from the fruits Im eating are fueling me. Vegetables actually have more protein than you think. But when I do start feeling lethargic I either eat a huge salad or a few pieces of fruit and Im golden

philana Your diet and exercise looks great to me! Id agree with Dorian5 that it may just be your muscles retaining water. If you switch out one of your training days for a long walk or more cardio Id imagine you'd see a drop. I have a pretty good amount of muscle and I know that always works for me. Most of all... just be patient. As long as you are taking the right steps something has to give eventually.

Dianne042425 We are twins!!! Lol... Sounds like we have a lot in common and thats awesome. Im only on the 4th day and I already have a pretty muscular frame ( maybe too muscular IMO) so Im not worried about losing much if any. Looking at myself in the mirror I actually look more lean as opposed to skinny than I did prior to starting this. My muscles are more visible. But Ill be keeping a close watch on this and weight training to maintain as much as possible. Its all one big experiment honestly.

As far as fruit and weight loss... I thought the same thing too! Im not calorie counting at all and I am literally overdosing on fruit lol... Just this morning i have had a huge mixed fruit salad and two bananas already. But all of the info Ive read on the detox says that because of the digestibility of fruit and veggies you can eat them in abundance and still lose. Ive avoided fruit through my entire process bc I feared the sugar, carbs, and calories until now.

Dorian5 I dig that you dig it, lol! Congrats on 124 and being 10lbs from goal. I am as well and its so nice to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I remember 20lbs ago when it seemed like this day would NEVER come. But one foot in front of the other, one day at a time, here we are

sumire ( I happened to see your post before I finished this one) Im definitely taking a multivitamin Im trying to be very careful about avoiding deficiencies. But thank you for the concern! And Im using a really fresh, healthy guacamole I found as a dip for my vegetables. Its an amazing snack!

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 07-11-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #70  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Happy Monday feathers! Another on-plan week ahead. My weight has been up about a pound for the last week, but I think I may be retaining water before my TOM? I'm not sure, as I quit the pill almost a month ago, but I do know that I have been ragingly angry since last Thursday, which is totally not like me. If I was still on the pill, I would expect my period tomorrow, so maybe my body is sticking with this cycle for now. (And holy crap, feathers, if this level of ill humor is what most women off the pill deal with once a month, I have a new-found respect for all my sisters out there...)

Anyway, just getting my girly talk out there. Today I am excited: I've always harbored visions of my husband and me exercising together, but he hasn't done any actual exercise since childhood, lol. But I think I am starting to rub off on him, because he is now interested in starting an exercise program. I'm going to start him out today with some light strength training. We both lost weight together this year, but as a 6'4" male, all he did was drink less beer and, initially, cut down on refined carbs (though now he eats an enormous slice of pie every day)... and lost 30 pounds. (He was only 10 pounds overweight to start with.)

ann71: Your house looks really terrific! Great work!

philana: I agree that your weight probably isn't going down initially because of water weight from your workouts. I really, really suggest committing to one month on plan, no matter what--whether you're feeling motivated by scale progress or not. At the end of that month, if you have stuck to plan, I think you will be really pleased with your progress. (Even better than one month: two. ) But weight loss and body change really does take time in the beginning. Good job on the protein--I'm vegetarian as well, and I keep my protein levels high to help prevent muscle loss while dieting. It's a challenge, but it has seemed to work brilliantly so far.

skinnyelle39: I do hope you're taking a multivitamin along with your fruit/veg diet! That kind of diet is definitely deficient in B12 (only found in animal products), and almost certainly deficient in iron, zinc, & other things (selenium, for example, if you're not eating Brazil nuts). Since you're not doing nuts, I hope you're having some avocado. The body does need some fat to be healthy.

krampus:

Dianne042425: Good luck with the weigh-in! I'm a total fruit queen, too. I was the pickiest kid in the universe when I was young, but I would always eat fruit.

Dorian5: You're doing so awesome! Rock on, gal!
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #71  

Height: 5'8

skinnyelle The diet sounds interesting, but I think I'd be worried once I started eating normally again that all the weight would come back, and the muscle wouldn't. It is normally what happens to me anyway. Good for you to review it though!

ann The house looks great! Respect for having the patience and finishing it

Philana Three days is too soon to tell, give it a bit longer and then re-evaluate!

Krampus Don't fret, you've done so well so far. Moving is stressful, just put it down to experience and get back on the wagon

Sumire Haha i remember that phase after coming off the pill. Luckily my boyfriend was away in the US for a month and missed it. The rage / sadness / happy / rage cycle was interesting. It is better now though!

Dorian Yay go you! I think you'll know when you\re finished. Sometimes we pick goals that are unrealistic for us, sometimes ones that are too easy. You'll know when you are happy!

I am fighting the urge to go on a quick fix diet to drop a few pounds quickly. I really jut want to stay eating the way I am now, mainly healthy but indulge in a few little treats when the occasion offers them (cake at the baptism yesterday for example). It is hard to shake the diet / no diet / diet / no diet cycle but it is really getting on my nerves so I am going to man up and stay with this for the meantime. I am also starting to wonder how important it is to me that I lose the last 2kgs. I have noticed since I haven't been counting calories, I have been happier, nicer to be around and generally happier with my body. I'm still not completely happy with it though, what a dilemma!

Have a nice day
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #72  

Dianne042425 Id love to see befores/ lowest weight pics! Thanks for the compliment! Im pear shaped so I usually never have to worry about the upper body unless my weight gets reaaaaally up there ( like my starting weight). My current measurements are 34-24.5-37.5. I would be sooo happy with 35" hips! Id die lol.

Can we trade some measurements? LOL. I will gladly give you my 33" hips for your 24.5" waist (so tiny!). That way I'd have some curves. My measurements are: 33-26-33. But I guess we always want what we don't have. Oh well.

Last edited by fitmom; 07-11-2011 at 12:23 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #73  

fitmom I think that was my post originally! lol! Id gladly take your weight in exchange for 3 more inches on the waist!

claire0412 You are very right and it is a concern of mine. Ive done a lot of reading and plan to weight train as well as ease off of the detox once Im done to not experience rapid weight gain. Ill figure it out. Ive never done anything like this so we'll see. I feel like I have the muscle to spare ( especially in the quads). And it may sound bad but I wouldnt mind losing some of it. My legs are built like a sprinters except they are covered with a considerable amount of fat. I wouldnt mind breaking down some of that muscle, burning more fat, and achieving a longer leaner look. But I know it doesnt work like that. We cant dream up our perfect body and then just go get... Wishful thinking
Old 07-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #74  
say what?

Dianne - goodluck with the new week - it's good we can start anew every hour, every day, every week and every month. Cus that's how life goes!

Dorian - that outfit sounds toally hot! So nice to fit into those pants again. Wish I'd have kept any old pants. I didn't. Thanks for the tip about waterweight - I didn't know about that yet, after some extensive googling I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Must be.

skinnyelle - thanks, you are right! I've had an off day today, so will see what tomorrow looks like. Or friday. Or sunday. Either way - the weight loss will come eventually!

sumire - OMG! Poor you. The moods could just be from just coming off the pill, or not... some people tend to have more of a hormone-rage going on than others. I agree, I will stick to a plan. I'm on a 2 month plan for now. Till half of september. But really just on a plan till I'm at goal weight. What do you eat with proteine that doesn't have equally as much fat? I love peanuts, but the fat just eats up my calories like crazy. I am a lil bit more bloated/gassy because of it also. ACK. Hope that passes quickly.

claire - you are right, will do! Hope you figure out what works for you, wether to loose a bit more or just maintain. Either is not gonna be a piece of cake. (pardon the pun)

Thanks you all for the support, I just got here and already am complaining. LOL. But it's nice to get such a warm welcome! Greetings from across the pond (the big one, the small one - it matters none)!

Oh, and I feel muscles in my tummy ache. Under all that fat there's appearantly muscles. I can't remember ever feeling them before! WEIRD.

Last edited by philana; 07-11-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #75  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

claire0412: Thanks for giving me hope that maybe my righteous anger will fade once the initial adjustment phase passes. The moods are better today (though I haven't ventured out yet into the world to see if anyone will piss me off ).

philana: Yeah, it's hard to rely on nuts for protein when you're restricting calories. I don't know whether you have this available to you in the Netherlands, or whether you eat dairy (& eggs), but I eat a ton of Greek yogurt (0% or 2%). It's thicker than regular yogurt and has more protein. Egg whites are also good for low-cal no-fat protein. I eat tempeh sometimes; there's fat in there, so it's higher-calorie, but there's still more protein per serving than with nuts; same for edamame. I've also found some soy protein strips (chicken & beef style) that are high in protein & low in fat. Oh, and lentils are good, too, and reduced-fat cheeses.

I remember getting sore abs for the first time that I ever recalled, last July... it does feel weird! Yay for you!

Last edited by sumire; 07-12-2011 at 10:52 AM.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote