Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:09 AM   #181  

Height: 5'8

Krampus and Lacksadaisy Maybe it was something in the air but I am having a self-pity party at the moment too. I compare myself to all my friends, the models in Cosmo, the models in the sports magazines I buy... Nightmare! I am now thinking I should be trying harder to lose weight, this is always the self-pity circle I get in... Diet --> lose a bit ---> like my body ---> compare myself to others ---> hate my body ---> diet. Gah!

But Daisy, good that you found a perfect dress!

Krampus - chin up!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #182  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Ate at an awesome "healthy" fast food place for lunch, but I felt a bit twitchy-neurotic about it because the item I ordered doesn't have nutritional info online. I got the breadless version of a 430-cal egg & eggplant sandwich and left half the hummus and the egg yolk, which according to proper subtraction would have me at 230 calories for the meal, but I KNOW that's not right. I absolutely hate when delicious, small establishments don't have nutrition facts available. It shouldn't matter, because large chains lie about that stuff all the time, but my control issues need that fake peace of mind...

Anyway, I'm just sharing that because I recognize it's unhealthy to be overstressed about portion sizes of healthful food, but it's one of those inevitable consequences of calorie-counting. Whether I ate 250 calories or 450, I wouldn't have killed my day, so I should just log a higher number and move on.

Happier news: found out after I ate that there was a 2.5k race sponsored by my school happening just half a mile away. I ran there just in time to start and, while I didn't even come close to a top finish, partly because I didn't know the course and held back a bit more than I should have, I did finish in the top half! And on a hummus-full stomach!

Last edited by lackadaisy; 04-23-2011 at 04:55 PM.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Well, gang, my 5K was today and I got through it (this was my first race!) but my time SUCKED. I'm so disappointed. However, part of this was not my fault. We've been having a lot of thunderstorms here lately, and while the rain stayed away during the event itself, it rained heavily all week prior and then even all night and morning prior, only stopping pretty much at our start time. This was a trail run through woods and fields, and the trail was absolute muddy messy soup in places! It was all a lot of us could do to simply avoid falling. Add that to the fact that I only learned that the path was a wooded hiking area a mere 2 weeks ago (up to that point I thought it was on the bike path near the event site, not in the woods themselves), and you can imagine that I was not exactly training in the proper way. I've been getting kickin' times on road, bike path, track, and treadmill runs for months now, like between 12 and 20 minute miles on average. I hypothesized I could finish the 5K in about 45 minutes max. Sadly, no, I was just over 50 minutes. I am beyond sad. Trying to stay positive and upbeat about it, but I can't help but be disappointed in myself.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:18 AM   #184  

Aww Kat - that is still a really good time for the conditions! Mud etc really slows you down. I know how you feel about being disappointed with your times, I am the same but I really think you did well all things considered. Besides, you know given the proper conditions you can defo do it in 45mins max. What about finding another 5k to do really soon to prove to yourself you can do it? Running really has upsides and downsides, best to get back on the horse as quickly as possible and experience the upsides!

[BLacksadaisy[/B] haha great that you randomly ran a 2.5k, ledge!

I have started on the Paul McKenna things, doing a lot of work on my body image at the moment. The CD gets you to visualise yourself as the person you want to be and make the image really vivid and then step into it. I haven't started on the hypnosis yet but I have trying to only eat when I'm hungry, and so far have been doing OK. I have really found I am hardly ever hungry, two meals a day maybe at most.

I started my triathlon training yesterday too. It isn't until 28th August but we are off on holiday for 3 weeks in August so I thought I'd get a headstart. Went for a 4.6 mile run yesterday (had to change my GPS to miles to understand the training plan), today an Easter hike with my bf's whole family and tomorrow cycling is on the agenda! When the Paul McKenna thing asks me to visualise the person I want to be, I always visualise two things. One of them is crossing the finish line for this triathlon, so fingers crossed!

Have a nice Easter Sunday everyone (mmmm I have a Lindt chocolate bunny waiting for me to bite its head off!)
Old 04-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #185  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Had a huge banquet dinner last night -- enjoyed myself with appetizers and risotto, but held back on alcohol (half a drink), dessert (fruit instead of creme brulee and cookies), and other dishes I knew would be condensed trouble. Estimated my calories at ~800 for the night and made it within my calorie budget for the day. And I weighed in at 118 this morning!
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #186  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Binged last night, up 3 lbs this morning as a result. Not sure what triggered it?! Oh well, back to the regularly scheduled programming today. Instead of trying to "detox" or compensate I'm just treating today like another day.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick update, I've been MIA enjoying a fabulous weekend with the boyfriend. Drank WAY too much alcohol last night, had a gnarly hangover all day today.

BUT on Friday I got on the scale just for fun AFTER eating dinner and weighed in at 129.8lbs. I still can't quite believe it, and I know that I'll be up tomorrow because I just ate and ate and ate alllllll weekend long. But I have no doubt I'll be seeing 129 sometime this week. Good thing too, because the pool at my boyfriend's townhouse is opening next weekend, and we're all grilling out and getting in the pool. Looks like I'll have to get a bikini sooner than I thought.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:19 AM   #188  

Krampus Good attitude!

Dorian Well done! Woo bikini time!

I had a lovely hike yesterday with my bf's family. I did eat schnitzel and potato salad, and strudel but I was hungry when I ate all of those things so technically it was allowed! The entire Lindt bunny (100g) I ate in the evening probably wasn't though, but hey, it was Easter!

Today I went for a 17 mile bike ride before breakfast and then weighed and measured myself. I listened to my Paul McKenna mp3s last night (my boyfriend took the piss) and I feel really chilled out about the whole thing. Really positive about my body today, which is nice! I am going to start a 3fc blog to chart my progress with intuitive eating and triathlon training I think, but under a different name because I wouldn't want my friends to know how obsessive I get... They would defo think I've lost the plot!

Today I have a picnic in the sun and then me and my friends are doing a 'Come Dine With Me' (TV show where each person hosts a dinner party and the guests rate it out of 10) evening but I don't have to cook! Bonus!

HAve a great day everyone
Old 04-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Good morning, feathers!

lackadaisy - great job on keeping what could have been a binge/splurge meal into something that you worked into your allotted calories!

krampus I like the idea of just eating normally after a binge instead of panicking and trying to restrict. I've read before that it's best to eat something small and light about an hour or two after binging to keep your metabolism up? (I don't know about your binges, but after mine I'm so full and uncomfortable I usually go to sleep -- probably the last thing I should do.) I also read back to your post about tucking your stomach -- I do that all. the. time. And all I can think is, if only my stomach looked this flat, I would actually be acceptable-looking. I understand, and I'm in the same place -- this up, down, all around weight gain/loss is a mind-f**k that is wearing me out. I hope you're feeling better about yourself today.

claire I have a chocolate bunny from my mother that is taunting me! I hope I can eat it slowly with a piece or two a day -- it's hollow, cheap chocolate and apparently the whole thing is 280 calories -- if I can manage to stretch it 3 or 4 days I'll be happy! Glad to hear you're feeling positive about your body -- and starting a blog!! Very awesome.

---

I clocked in at a not-so-hot 131.8lbs this morning. I really don't think I had THAT many calories this weekend! What I ate on Saturday was maintenance... except then I drank a lot of alcohol. Like... a whole lot. Too much. Okay, I did have a lot of calories this weekend.

On Sunday I had 3/4ths of a Bojangles chicken biscuit (my hangover would not allow the whole thing to go down my throat) and my mother cooked Easter lunch (YUM home-cooked southern food), then the boyfriend and I had pseudo-Mexican for dinner (we went to On The Border.) -- I guess my hangover was better because I had a big ol' margarita.

I'm hoping that some of that 131.8 is water retention for the RIDICULOUS amount of sodium I had this weekend, plus I couldn't manage to "go" this morning before weighing in. Hoping that tomorrow is better and that I can let myself slide my ticker down to 130lbs.

I've decided that my weigh in day should be Friday, since I perform beautifully during the week and then cheat on the weekends. I used to clock my weight every Monday, but I'm so heavy on Mondays! Fridays seem like the better choice. But truthfully, I've GOT to cut out this free-weekends thing that I've been doing, because it's seriously hindering my weight loss. I would really, really like to see 125lbs by Memorial Day, since that's the first day of my vacation with the boyfriend.

And can I say that I am completely DREADING this pool party nonsense this upcoming weekend? Swimsuit season snuck up on me! Ugh! I can't wear a bikini yet!

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Last edited by Dorian5; 04-25-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Good morning Feathers!!

Wow, it feels like it's been so long since I've posted in here! I have been intuitively eating and it was working out. However, my weekends have been wayyyyyy too crazy. Although I have been having fun, the drinking all day and all night every night of the weekend, coupled with the bad eating that goes along with that, has caused me to feel guilty and ready to start "dieting" again. Which basically just means being more mindful and calorie counting. I have been pretty good keeping up with my running 2.5 miles 4-5 times a week but as we all know, exercise can't outdo horrible eating. Therefore, I am back on the wagon of calorie counting and keeping drinking (without the bad eating) to one day a week. I am excited to be back! New goal is to lose 10 pounds by August 1! Short term goal is to be at 127 point anything (could even be 127.9), by Memorial weekend I am guessing I am around 132 right now. I will weigh in on Wednesday!

I haven't read all the previous posts of the April forum but I hope everyone is doing well!! Weight loss and even maintenance is a constant challenge! We can do it feathers

Last edited by Dianne042425; 04-25-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #191  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

All riiight, knocked off 3 lbs overnight. 131.4 this morning. I lucked out this time - in the past, binge weight has stuck for weeks! Yesterday I made a point to go for a long walk up steep hills at lunch and went for a short 2.5-3 mile jog after work. It's really annoying having to stop at railroad crossings when you're in the zone and going at a good clip.

The weather is really, really lovely here - about 70F/21C and sunny with a light breeze. Southern Japan tends to have about 3 weeks of "pleasant spring" between "long horrible winter" and "disgustingly humid summer." I'd compare the climate here to the Deep South in the US.

claire ACK I am so envious of your life, really and truly! Strudel <333

Dorian5, *huge hug* It really, truly sucks sometimes, but we are still so much better off than 20 pounds heavier. I keep having to remind myself of that. I "count" Friday weights more than Monday weights for that same reason...weekends I consider a victory if I'm only up 2 pounds come Monday morning.

Hey Dianne! Nice to see you around. Weekends are my downfall too, even without drinking much. Intuitive eating was a bust for me; I've spent too much of my life overweight or yo-yo-ing to really be ready for that kind of change.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #192  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Hi everyone...I think I'm starting to see the light after several pretty down days. The past 6 months of dieting and starting to fail has really taken a toll on my self esteem. I feel like such a failure about everything and have just been so down about it all. Not to add, giving up on dieting the past few weeks has made me want to eat everything I've been denying myself since September....stuff I would never eat much of or care about is suddenly a huge craving that I'm binging on...I need to stop this before I start gaining what I did manage to lose back again.

FWIW, I am a huge perfectionist who doesn't take failure lightly, especially something I've always thought was manageable for me (weight loss). I suppose this is a learning experience in humility.

On the positive side..I've had the energy to work out, and I've been doing well on that side. I'm 4 workouts in to "New Rules of Weightlifting for Women", I've been getting a run or two a week in, and I've gone back to yoga now that my school schedule has changed to allow it.

I'm loving the weight lifting and the yoga again. Running is still...eh, It's okay when it's warm out but I really don't have anymore motivation for running in the cold. All this cold rainy weather has definitely got me down too, and knowing I have to walk to and from work in the 30 degree rain for the next week is really just depressing.

So, I'm a giant ball of sunshine. I think I might just start up one of those blogs here so I don't whine in this thread all too much anymore.

Keep up the great work everyone!
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:08 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 145/139/117

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, and I'm a senior in high school. My exercise is pretty good, I have physical activity that I count as a workout about 5+ hours a week. My eating though...formerly I developed bulimia, and symptoms of anorexia, but I never was underweight. This was after an entire childhood of binging all the time, though. However, even though that was a few years ago, I still have the issue of eating everything or nothing. I can't find a happy medium, and I guess I figured it was better to binge than starve? I don't know... So I'm here to develop a healthy relationship with food and along the way lose a good 25 lbs. I eat pretty healthily if you exclude my binges. So I will be working on drinking more water and eliminating binges, especially the afternoon urge :/ while making sure I don't start eating too little. 'Cuz take away my binging and sometimes I don't eat enough. Like I said, I'm black or white with no shades of gray...

So I'm sorry if it doesn't really seem like I belong in this thread, I didn't really fit any where else, so I hope to start my (hopefully short) weight loss journey here!

<3 lacey
stats on side

Last edited by lacey marie; 04-26-2011 at 02:10 AM.
lacey marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #194  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

lacey marie - of course you can be here! I remembered the first ime I tiptoed into the Featherweights forum, worried I still weighed too much and still disbelieving that I could call myself a Featherweight. Been here ever since, although there was a brief foray into Maintainers - but I never really felt like I belonged there.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:56 AM   #195  

Dianne I completely understand your zig zagging between intuitive and dieting, I do the same thing!

Dorian You'll get there soon! Weekends are bad for me too, too much temptation. My worst nightmare is to be the boring one sitting in the corner eating nothing...

Krampus Haha don't be envious of my life, it is a complete chaotic mess at the moment! Relationship/friends side of my life is perfect at the moment, so logically the career/study/future side is a nightmare! So ist das Leben

Wildflower chin up! I think we all have periods like that, where everything is just mehhhh. Are you eating enough calories in your diet phases? Constant deprivation is linked with low moods. I don't want to bang on about it, but you should download the Paul McKenna CDs if you fancy trying something new. They really help with body confidence and the mental side of weight loss. I think they'd help even if you want to stick to calorie counting and not intuitive eating.

Lacey Marie Welcome!

Today is my last day off work (boo! back to school tomorrow!) so I am going swimming in a bit, and then food shopping. Until the swimming pool opens at 12 I am stuck doing my student loan application. I am moving back to London to start a teacher training course in September, so I have to sort out all the loan / criminal record check forms. They drive me mental and remind me why I hate England, grrr.

As you can tell, I am not amused at having to go back home (I love my life here!) but if I don't train soon, I'll be stuck working as an unqualified teacher forever because I will never leave Vienna. My bf has plans to work in America within the next three years, so I can't do teacher training here (takes too long!). Also, the British training would be good in case I ever have to move back home for family reasons. Still sucks that I have to leave the boyfriend/friends/school/colleagues I like so much to go and live in stinky London

Hope everyone is in a better mood today!

Last edited by claire0412; 04-26-2011 at 05:00 AM.