Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Not entirely sure why I weighed in at 131.2lbs this morning... I'm hoping it's simply because I am (yet again) experiencing my TOM, even though it just ended a week and a half ago. I am on BC pills and I forgot to take both of them over the weekend -- I never would have guessed that it would start my cycle over after just having it.

Was hoping to be 130.0 even on Easter, but now I'm thinking I might have to be okay with 130.9. It's just a little frustrating that I was 130.6 last week. 130 is just important to me, because that officially marks my weight loss at 20lbs, and that feels special.

When I first started my weight loss journey, I planned on being 115lbs by May 30th. I didn't take in to account that it would be so hard to pry this weight off the closer I got to goal.

Now I'm just hoping that I can get to 126lbs by May 30th, and that it looks good enough on me for when the boyfriend and I go to Pasadena, CA... I would really like to feel at least a little confident in pictures from our vacation, and I'll probably need a bikini by then since the (uber fabulous) hotel has a pool.

It's funny how last night I was thrilled to button some jeans and this morning I feel like I'm house-sized, just because of the number on the scale. It doesn't help that the two chicks that sit with me in my work cube cannot possibly weigh more than 115lbs each, and both are a couple of inches taller. (Sometimes I still struggle with comparing myself to other people )

---

lackadaisy -- good luck with IF! I used to never be hungry in the mornings, and now I am ravenous when I wake up. I made a rule to eat breakfast at work, that way I can't go back to the fridge/pantry to eat more breakfast. Once my oatmeal/cereal/yogurt/fruit/whatever is gone, then breakfast is over.

indiblue -- can't wait to hear about your trip!

Have an awesome day, everyone.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #167  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Everyone is doing so great! Thanks for the continued support.

Clare - those rules make a lot of sense, I'll have to look him up as I've never heard of him before.

Mayday - glad you are feeling better! It stinks when we get sick as it is hard to stay on plan.

Krampus I completly agree that it's not worth being miserable just for a few vanity pounds. That's really where my mindset is right now. I know many people quote Jillian Michaels by saying, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" but I am not sure I agree entirely. I think I am slowly accepting that I'd rather being unskinny and not hungry and crabby all the time.

My exercise plan is going along...yesterday I got up early before work and went to the gym to do a day of "New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women". It's a 6 month program for building strength that I am just starting. I did that and then ran a half mile on the treadmill. At lunch I went out and ran 2 miles outside, and after work I did a 90 minute Iyengar yoga class. Kept calories high (1800), but plan to drop them down to 1400-1500 today as I won't be doing weights.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #168  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

OK, I'm just jumping right on back in after a few weeks away.

I ran the London Marathon last Sunday so, as you can imagine, with marathon training, I was not trying to lose any weight - I last weighed myself aboutr four weeks ago at about 149, but my clothes were loose so I figured I was losing fat but putting on muscle. I ate what my body wanted.

Got back from London and weighed myself Monday morning at 144.8, which was quite a nice surprise. Have been good all week and this morning was 143.8 so well on the way to a skinny summer.

My aches and pains are just beginning to subside so I might try running this weekend.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #169  

S/C/G: maintaining at 125-130

Robsia, congrats on the marathon! I watched the Boston on monday (and then I stopped for a donut on the way home ), such a great accomplishment!

The past few years I've been eating every 3ish hours, but I'm not sure it's really working for me anymore. Might check out this IF thing... I've seen some intruiging ideas and data on it recently so maybe it's something to try. I'm off to do some research!
parafilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #170  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Robsia, I'm so impressed by your marathon!! It's one of my goals to one day run a marathon, but I'm still a long way from that goal.

Hour ten of my fast, and I'm definitely feeling hungry. I have to say, though, the fact that I know I'm fasting intentionally and not just depriving myself of dessert was great for resisting amazing double-chocolate cake from a decadent local bakery -- the kind that is 500 calories per thin slice -- at an event I attended this evening.

It'll be an odd-but-useful experience to sleep hungry, and with luck I will be sufficiently energized by "fasting mode" (and caffeine) to go for a run and Zumba class at dawn.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:19 PM   #171  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Annoying weigh-in this morning; ate totally clean all week long, keeping calories under 1500 every day (under 1400 every day except Tuesday!) with consistent if uninspired workouts. Weighed in at 59.1 kg; last Friday was 59.0 kg (130.3 vs 130.1). Going by how I feel, I guess you could say I feel about the same as I did last Friday but I'm considerably less excited about it.

Oh well, not the end of the world. I wish I had a pool or gym available to shake up exercise. Maybe I should just eat less?

Congrats on the marathon Robsia! That is well impressive!

lackadaisy Report back on how literally running on empty goes!

parafilm I'm not an IFer but I tried it for a few days. I loved being able to eat huge meals on it. Maybe it will be the change you need to feel better.

Wildflower That's a whole lot of exercise; very inspirational! I can't wait to have access to a gym.

Dorian5 We are twinned in our "dammit, I wanted to get under 130" disappointment...you're surely not house-sized but I know the feeling. I had "planned" to be 115 by March 18 but um yeah. It never works out exactly how you want it...
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #172  
Corporette diet

krampus I definitely enjoyed the huge (450-cal) lunch I had earlier today. I also think this is necessary for me to jumpstart my loss as I'm stalled at 119.5 again after my dip into 118s.

Drinking tea right now in the dining hall, studying with friends who are eating bagels and amazing cookies (my favorite kind) right next to me. This is actually mildly torturous but I'm holding strong. Considering taking a couple cookies to break my fast tomorrow, but then remembered why I don't eat them: not because they're "impermissible food," but because they're very high in calories and not worth the exchange for other food I could have. SO.

But I think I need to leave and study alone and away from food now. Maybe in a library. Wish me luck!

Last edited by lackadaisy; 04-21-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:50 AM   #173  

Height: 5'8

Robsia The London Marathon is an absolute dream of mine! Well done I only want to run a marathon once (I think), and defo in London so all my family can watch! I bet the atmosphere was great!

Lacksadaisy I know what you mean about feeling hungry, sometimes it is nice. Since I've been eating only when hungry, I've felt hunger pangs I haven't felt in years. I eat as soon as I feel really hungry but to know I can still listen to my body is good!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:57 AM   #174  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

It was an amazing experience, but it was very hard. Before I did it I had thoughts of maybe doing another one. Afterwards, it was "No way am I ever doing that again!"

And yet the 21-mile run I did in training was nowhere near as bad, and that is a long way in itself, with no crowd to cheer me on.

But I finished it, much as I desperately wanted to die from about 16 miles on, and here is the proof (a few pics): http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...0&l=bf72f5742c

Last edited by Robsia; 04-22-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:05 AM   #175  

Height: 5'8

You look considerably less tired than I did, and I only ran a half! Here is the proof (for a limited period only! Excuse the stupid face!) Be proud of yourself that you can look that chilled while running a marathon!

Last edited by claire0412; 04-30-2011 at 09:55 AM.
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #176  
Corporette diet

I felt really dizzy before class at 10 (hour 23) so I ate about 100 calories of half an energy bar. Feeling better, still hungry (which is good) and sticking it out through class and my planned workout before lunch at 1 pm.

Really upsetting weigh-in this morning at 120.0... I hate these fluctuations and how they seem to plateau every couple of pounds.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #177  
Staying the Same

I'm a little tipsy, and posting here to report a very happy NSV - that I survived a birthday party with alcohol without drunk eating afterward. I have avoided drinking because of drunk eating, and I just didn't do it tonight. Calories were probably in the 2000-2200 range for the day so I'm not expecting to see a loss on the scale, but I am just happy that I handled tonight gracefully (and without too much liquor - 2 nice, small bourbon on the rocks because I'm so MANLY)!!!

Robsia Very cool photos! You can't tell by looking that you felt like death. Congratulations again! A full marathon is incredible.

claire, your man is a supermodel and you look fantastic!

lackadaisy Fluctuations or whatever they are really suck. I'm stuck at 130 and will probably be up in the morning. Sigh. I hope you see more promising numbers soon.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #178  
Corporette diet

Finished my semi-fast (I "cheated" with 100 calories of Balance bar at 10am) at 1 pm after a light workout -- 2.6 mile jog and a pilates class -- and had a fairly light lunch of tilapia, sauteed spinach, cucumber, and a small portion of froyo. Snacked on a cookie at 4pm (the kind I restrained myself from yesterday) and am having a fairly light dinner of veggies, tofu, and lettuce. Oddly, I feel satisfied on so little food, but I think it's because my digestive system shut down for about 20 hours.

I think IF might work for me -- though I'll have to be better about sticking to a full 24 hours next time to develop better blood-sugar-control. I think I'll plan on doing it Monday through Tuesday next week, and I'll definitely check in to let you girls know how it goes.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #179  
Staying the Same

Weight was up about 1 kilogram after yesterday. I probably ate 20 dill baby gherkin pickles in addition to salty entrees, plus booze, plus going over loss calories, blah blah. I'm not going to freak out about it. Finally "went" and headed out for a pleasant 30 minute jog/run. Breakfast was plain yogurt and oatmeal with coffee and water.

So logically, I came home and felt great and decided to take self-timer photos to see how I'm doing. And sadly, the verdict is the same as always: I saw the pictures and thought "man, I have a SH!TTY body." I have no boobs, no butt, my waist is stubbornly disproportionately wide, and my belly shows no signs of going anywhere. If I grab all the fat around my middle between my boobs and my navel and tuck it under itself, only then do I have anything resembling a nice looking stomach.

Sorry for the pity party. Just having one of those stupid hypercritical moments, plus it's annoying I haven't lost any weight in a week despite fixing habits that needed changing.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #180  
Corporette diet

Krampus, I totally sympathize with how you feel. I went shopping today and felt terrible about my body -- I suddenly didn't like my waist, my shoulders, the pooch of fat below my waist. Afterwards, I went to see a play and kept thinking about how thin the actresses were... and so on. My disappointing weigh-in this morning didn't make me feel any better.

But there was no need for any of that! We are our worst critics, of photos and in mirrors and in life. I received a shipment of clothes I ordered a few days ago afterward, and was heartened to find that 1/2 the size S dresses were too big, 1/4 were too small, and the rest fit perfectly. Most of my order is going back (of course), but the perfect dress I found reminded me that it's the clothes, not my body, on which I should broker no compromise.