Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Happy Tuesday feathers!

I swear, I really think theres something in the air. Actually, my mom was telling me about this "theory" she heard on the news the other day. We all know about the big 2012 and it supposedly being the end of the world. Well they are saying the way the planets are aligned right now (they shifted or something?) is causing everyone's moods/emotions to be out of wack. Supposedly its making us as a society feel very discontent. And it will continue to get worse until 12-21-12. Then we will have 100 years of peace after the planets "realign"..Guess thats what they are saying lol Just a fun random piece of info I thought I'd share. I always feel better when I can blame my weird moods and mood swings on something

Second day back on the dieting wagon. I love how good it feels just knowing I am back on the wagon. I feel like even just one solid month on plan could do wonders! Taking a break was def. needed. It was becoming too much!

Krampus Love how we are the same height, weight and live similar lives on the weekends hah

Wildflower I am the same way! I am very affected by my surroundings so when the weather is rainy or cold, it takes A LOT to get me motivated to go out and run. I would much rather run in 90 degree humid weather than cold rainy weather!! I feel for you

Lacey Marie What a cute name! Sounds southern. Where are you from? You def belong in this forum and don't feel hesitant to ask any questions. I am sure there is nothing you could ask that hasnt been asked at 3fc over the years, so no worries!

Claire Oh im so jealous! London! Vienna! I want to visit !!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #197  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Claire - I did my teacher training in London also - many years ago. Where will you be training?
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 145/139/117

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

Diane I actually was born in Texas! We moved since then, but we're back here now. However, I learned to talk on the East Coast, so no accent here! And it's good to know I have another excuse for my being miserable other than "I didn't get enough sleep."

Dorian Don't worry, the sodium DEFINITELY had to do with the water retention hence the water weight...And I'm the same with the whole "weekend splurge" thing...and I agree, I have GOT to stop with that...

Claire Hang in there! I agree with Diane--I'm jealous!

Wildflower I've been there (perfectionist and failure), I know how it sucks But great job working out!! Every bit counts And Claire's right, maybe try readjusting your diet? It may help... and the weather definitely sways your emotions! However, I do love running in the rain...just not when it's freezing

Krampus I know what ya mean about the weather! And I should learn from you...I FREAK out after a binge!

Well, today was okay... I had a really nice plan but I screwed up... It doesn't really qualify as a binge, but it wasn't smart. Leave it to me to do so on my FIRST day here

BUT I WON'T STOP!!! Tomorrow's a new day, and I just got to think of the future... I think it may help if I take the time to correct everything triggering my overeating...

1) I always eat after school. Every day, I'm hungry, and often I think to myself "It's just habit to eat as soon as you get home," so I wait. 45 minutes later, I decide to have a snack. But then once I start, I don't stop. Again, black and white, no gray And then I'm not hungry for dinner but I have to eat 'cuz my family gets paranoid that I'm not eating enough...
2) I need to start at the START of a week, not the middle... so I'll try to finish this week up okay-ish, and start the real deal Monday!
3) Weekend breaks... gotta stop. I think I'll just eat a bit of chocolate daily to stop cravings, like maybe a chocolate covered coffee bean? Best Easter gift ever!
4) DEHYDRATED! Enough said

So I'm sorry if this seems a bit long, I can't really tell... YOU ARE ALL INSPIRING!!! Keep it up!

Last edited by lacey marie; 04-26-2011 at 05:01 PM.
lacey marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #199  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Well after a super nutritious dinner of salmon and veggies, I housed a brick of chocolate last night, putting calories just over 2000 for the day. Got up this morning and felt rough, went for a run, and the effects of the chocolate were definitely there. It was one of the worst ever and an uncomfortable reminder that eating well = exercise doesn't suck. On the bright side, after my run I was down in weight from yesterday, putting me at 130.7 lbs/59.3 kg this morning. And I'm wearing my German H&M size 34 (36 in France/Spain) dress without discomfort, so all feels right with the world.

lacey marie Welcome to Featherweights! It can feel discouraging when you're all gung-ho about a new plan and mess up the first day, but if you don't let it get you down you win. Can you change your routine so that after school you're not home thinking about eating? Sometimes that makes all the difference. It's hard and I too struggle with binging from time to time. Hope you'll stick around for a while

Dianne We may be similar heights and weights but our shapes are so radically different! Glad you feel good about being "back on the wagon." I do too (when I'm not overeating, hehe)!

claire That does sound super stressful...I suppose everything sounds more glamorous when I'm on the other side of the world feeling homesick for the West and jonesing for a European vacation, ha. Stay safe in LDN!

Wildflower I'm so sorry you feel like you've failed, but you really haven't. Stopping dieting doesn't mean you've failed at anything. That's the same logic an anorexic person would use when they are upset they cannot weigh less than, say, 90 lbs. You are exercising and keeping your body in shape whether you're losing weight or not - please don't forget that! *huge hug*
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #200  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Ugh. Broke off my fast early because my body was just NOT having it -- my cold is getting worse. Definitely lost control a little bit at dinner with a huge slice of lemon tart. I feel a bit ill from all the food I ate. It'll be okay as far as my daily total goes -- just under 1,600, not enough to actually derail me -- but I still feel sad about losing control after a few excellent on-plan days. It's from social anxiety (dinner with someone I feel awkward around for complicated reasons). I need to make sure that doesn't happen again.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

laceymarie, Welcome! Don't get down about today, just pick yourself up and do better tomorrow - that's all you can do! YUM at chocolate covered coffee beans!

krampus Glad you're feeling at peace with yourself today, regardless of the chocolate. It's always nice to have some validation of your efforts through well-fitting clothes (especially if the scale is being difficult.)

lackadaisy I'm sorry you had a hard time at your uncomfortable dinner - I'm glad you can step back from what happened, analyze it, and pinpoint what triggered your excess eating. You've been doing a great job and I hope it doesn't discourage you!

---

I weighed 131.0lbs this morning. I've been right on track with eating and jogging and whatnot. Hoping that it pays off by Saturday, because that stupid swimsuit is in the back of my mind all the time.

I bought one of those mi0 things (little bottle of flavored liquid to put in water) - I love it, I have peach mango and I've been drinking MUCH more water because of it! I don't like the entire packet of Crystal Light in my water so it's nice that I can make it not so heavily flavored.

I ate the ears off of my chocolate rabbit last night, and I ate the bottom of it tonight -- calculated the calories into my daily allotment. (The entire thing is only 280 calories) I'm proud for only having a little tiny bit of it each day -- less that 100 calories worth.

Have a wonderful night/day everyone!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:45 AM   #202  
MasterHarper

I have a weird attitude toward Easter chocolate - I prefer to eat it as quickly as I can, then it's gone and I can get back on track. Your way is probably far more logical Dorian!!

Anyway, I only got one egg, although it was a big one with some yummy Baileys liqueur choccies. But it is gone and I can get back to my diet. I didn't weigh myself this morning - I will have a day of being good, then weigh myself.

DH and I are decorating our bedroom all this week so we have packed the kiddies off to my parents', moved all our stuff into their room so our bedroom is empty and we are sleeping on the sofabed downstairs - which is surprisingly comfortable although a little small. It is a full double (4'6") whereas most sofabeds are only 4' - but ours is a king size bed so we are feeling a little cramped.

We have stripped the walls, had the ceiling plastered, had new blinds fitted and sanded all the paintwork - my job for today is to paint the door, the skirting boards and the door frame.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #203  

Height: 5'8

Dorian wow, ironwill! I could never do that. Even as a kid I used to wolf down my Easter eggs to 'get them out of the way'. My brother used to eat them if I didn't eat them quick enough! No wonder I feel the need to eat everything as soon as I get it! I'm slowly training myself out of it now, and have told my boyfriend what he can eat, and how much of it, so I don't feel the need to eat it before he does. hehe

Robsia I'm doing a MFL primary (German) PGCE at Kingston. I seriously considered Anglia because my family lives in Chelmsford but they got a crap OFSTED report and all the NQT jobs are in London / Surrey at the moment, I heard. That and I thought running along the Thames would be nice :-)

PS: good luck with the decorating!

Laceymarie I love chocolate covered coffee beans. My boyfriend still doesn;t believe you're meant to eat them (?!) but I love them!

Krampus Wow size 34, that is mini! Well done! I am a 36 on top but my hips / massive thighs won't allow anything below a 38 on the bottom!

Lacksadaisy Don't be too hard on yourself, we all have off days

I had an off day yesterday and have got one word to explain it... PMS. NIGHTMARE! Chocolate was not safe in our flat. I read in my mum's copy of Foods That Harm, Foods That Heal (great book!) that PMS chocolate cravings can be a sign of magnesium deficiency, so I hope I can get it under control with magnesium powder! I did go swimming though, and I'm doing interval training (prep for my 5k) today.

Marks for yesterday : 7/10 could do better!

Have a nice day
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Claire When I'm PMSing I would probably sell anybody for half of a brownie -- I crave chocolate so, so hard. VERY interesting about the magnesium, I will have to try that the next time I'm struggling!

Robsia I think the only thing that made it possible to eat a little bit of that rabbit at a time was the fact that it's cheap chocolate - I break my piece off and set it aside, then wrap the rest back up and put it away (in the kitchen) -- then I take my piece of chocolate and go into my bedroom or the living room to eat it. Once I eat it, I realize it wasn't as good as I thought it would be in my brain and don't really want anymore. (This would not happen with Lindt or Godiva or Ghirardelli. I would proceed to eat the entire chocolate rabbit, regardless of where I left the rest of it. )

---

I guess that weekend weight is gone, because I weighed 129.0lbs this morning. I cried a little out of joy - haha. I drank lots of water yesterday, but definitely ate under my calories, which I'm a little worried about. I hope that's not why I weighed so little, because I'm pretty hungry today and I will surely eat all of them today. Dinner yesterday was only a bowl of cheerios with sliced strawberries and almond milk because I was feeling a little nauseous.

The clothes I'm wearing to the office were buried in my closet (no doubt I was "cleaning" before the boyfriend came over at some point and just crammed them in there.) Anyway, I washed and pressed the outfit, excited to wear it since it was missing for a while. They're fitted gray pants and a matching vest. I always thought the outfit was kind of sexy (but not in a vulgar way, in a office-setting kind of way.) But now that I'm wearing it, they don't feel sexy anymore because they don't cling to me, hip-and-thigh. I guess that's probably better that I don't look like I'm poured into them.

Have a great day everyone!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #205  
Semper Paratus

S/C/G: 181/~ticker~/130

Height: 65.5''

Hello feathers, long time since Ive been here...at least thats how it feels, maybe like 2 or 3 weeks!

Well here I am in all my 128 glory (for now at least), I was happy to see that on the scale since TOM was upon me last week and I was at 130.2. :/

I would like to be down to 125 by next Tuesday since that was my starting goal (although now its changed). I dont know if that is going to happen, we had a potluck at work, and I was trying to be good but everyone kept pressuring me, so I gave in a little.
Had a tortilla with some meat lettuce tomatos and cheese and some enchalida casserole (which killed my whole diet) and a cookie with a little bit of ice cream afterwards. I couldnt even eat all the ice cream, it was really rich.

All this chocolate talk!! I didnt get anything for easter (which is a good thing). I think I just ate all the sweets I need for like a month, with that cookie and ice cream. I havent had a truely 'off day' since the 26th of March, so I think its ok.

---
Anyways,

Dianne--I really do think something is in the air, I was feeling really down last week and it seemed like quite a few people I know were in a bad mood or were upset. :/

Lacey Marie--Welcome! I didn't feel 'at home' here at first either, but I realized that I fit in the best here than anywhere else.

Ill try to post a little more often, but Im off for now! cheers!
lilmonstervictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #206  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Today sucks so far. Calories were ~1550 yesterday and I "went," but somehow my weight was up a whole kilogram this morning. I had a really hard time getting out of bed and something is wonky; I've already eaten almost 1000 calories and it's not even 9:30 am. Scarfed down a couple pastries and barely remember doing so.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:55 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Hey guys!

Back from our vacation. We were in Bhutan ^_^. It was awesome, but as much as the weather back home in India sucks and as crazy as this country is it's very nice to be home.

I'm trying to stay off of 3FC these days. This is only my second post since I arrived back a few days ago. I was spending way too much time on here and my calorie counter and I think removing myself completely from the diet thang for the past week has been tremendously healthy for me. I ate sensibly while on vacation and we got a lot of walking in every day, as well as a 5 hour uphill climb a few days ago which was incredible and exhausting. I probably ate too much yesterday, but I'm not worried about it. I haven't been calorie counting, just watching portion sizes and carbs, continuing IF (one month in and I'm so happy!), and did my usual 30 minute run this morning. I weighed myself on the scale in the gym in our complex today which I tested for accuracy with a 5 KG weight and I was 57.6 kgs with clothes and shoes on. I'm estimating my clothing/tennis shoes to weigh a pound, meaning I'm around 125-126... which is great.

I'm going to try to maintain this WOE/lifestyle for the time being so I may not be around as much for a bit. Hope everyone is doing well, will check back in soon.

Oh yeah, and a job interview tomorrow morning and another one next week!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #208  

Height: 5'8

Krampus Oh no! Try not to make yourself feel guilty about it, it'll only make it worse... Are you due on? I'm due to get my period in 2 days and I have been so hungry recently, maybe that is why?

Indiblue Glad you had a nice holiday! Sounds lovely, I am very jealous! Your new WOE sounds like a good idea, sometiimes I think we all stress too much...

I was meant to go swimming today but I have no energy and I think I had strained my sartorius muscle. It would be fine swimming I think but I can't really bothered to go and am hoping a rest day will be good. I can't afford to miss a week or so of 5k training just because my thigh muscle is being weird (it does hurt though!). On the plus side, I did an awesome HIIT training sesh yesterday and am well excited about the 5k.

My intuitive eating thing is not going great, I have to admit but I'll keep soldiering on because the two alternatives suck (gaining or calorie counting I mean).

Have a good day
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Just popping in to say I'm alive but busy this week. I hope everyone is doing great; I haven't had a chance to read backwards today. I'm doing a very regimented training thing right now for my next 5K, which is in June; this time, I want to do it RIGHT and actually get my speed up to snuff and work on my endurance, and even though I'm not training that hard yet, I feel like I'm working out constantly now because I'm doing more work outside and more classes away from home. Haven't weighed in a couple of days, but my food's been crummy this week; hope to get that back on track after the weekend. I think my household grocery planning just randomly got out of whack somehow. Ah well, these things happen! Plus Easter dinner didn't help.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #210  
MasterHarper

I'm a bit miz right now as our town's annual 10K which I have done for the last two years is on a week on Sunday and I can't do it as I still have tendon damage in my foot from the Marathon.

I know it's silly, but it was the first race I ever did and it kind of means something to me.

We have been decorating all week and the room is starting to look really good. We have almost finished papering, the fan-light is up and outr sliding wardrobe doors were delivered today. So tomorrow's jobs are to finish the papering, install the wardrobe doors and touch up a few spots on the skirting board before the carpet is fitted on Saturday and then I think we're done!