Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:30 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Lightbulb 21 day challenge

Good morning everyone!
I had a long think about the 21 day challenge last night. It occured to me that I was taking it for the wrong reasons. Being new I wanted to "fit" in and jumped at this as a way.

But I'm not in a rut. I'm losing weight slowly but surely, just like I planned. I will reach my first mini goal next Monday (5 lb. weight loss in 5 weeks) unless I completely lose it this weekend.

I joined the forum to have somewhere to vent when I slipped and to get a pat on the back when I succeeded. That's working well for me and I think I will just continue to post in the weekly chat and in threads with which I have some experience I can pass along.

I will need a challenge when I get within 5 lbs of my goal and that's when I will look to the group to see if there is one happening.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!!!

Yesterday was quite a bit better and the scale is back down to 142. Not quite ticker weight, but at least I'm back on track.

Dagmar I just want to say that you joined this forum for all the right reasons!!! We need to vent once in a while and we need a pat on the back when we succeed! Good for you to recognize this. I am really looking at the 21 day thing half-heartedly myself. I just need to get my brain on the right track and my body will follow.

Jane my older yellow lab used to "escape" when we lived at our old house. He'd run right across the street to the neighbors house and they'd put him in their backyard with their 2 dogs. I know why he'd do it--they kept their dog food heaping with food! He'd proceed to eat it all (had to have been 10-12 cups or more!). Their kids would bring him home after school and then I would feel bad when feeding our other dog, so I'd feed him, too. No wonder he went from 75 pounds up to over 100! Once we got our fence replaced with brick, he was put on a diet and is now a svelte 75 again.

CanadianMom my younger lab will eat just about anything, too. Egads! Once he was lapping up the "water" in the toilet bowl and it turns out the toilet was stopped up. Oh, gawd, yuck!

Kylie hopefully your day went as well as mine did. I feel re-energized after having a good day!

Jen congrats on 6 months!! And yes, our hubbies do get spoiled, don't they? Sometimes I think I have 3 children instead of the 2 I gave birth to.

Susan my DS would love a cat or a small dog but we are big dog people. I don't know where he came from--he's a leftie and we're all right handed in our families. Very strange!

Hi to everyone else. Have a great day!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:36 AM   #78  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

One dog and one cat. They're friends.

One of my cats wandered off to cat heaven this past summer. Sad to see her go but she lived a good long life. My other cat misses her but gets on well with my dog.

They have miles and miles to wander. I live in such a rural area that my cat comes on walks with us sometimes. She kind of skulks behind. Pretty cute.

My dog is of undefined breed. Mutt definately but a mix of chow and shepherd. Some have said he looks like a belgian terveran (he does). Total goof as I have described. He is all belly and fluff.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #79  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Awwww...I want a lab! I have a little brother/sister pair of teensy weensy mutts. They're Chi/Poo, or as I like to say, Poochis. LOL! I was looking for one small dog, since we're renters and have a tiny yard, and I saw them on craigslist for free! They are my BABIES!! 9 months old now and really good dogs...not too yappy for such tiny things. The boy is a fluffball of undeterminate origin (their mom was really a poodle/terrier mix of some sort, but looked like a normal, tiny, white poodle. he looks nothing like her), and my girl is the runt and an exact replica of their full-blood chihuahua daddy.

And I always considered myself a big dog person!

So, I'm doing pretty well this week. Still wasn't really exercising at all till yesterday when i had an epiphany of sorts. I was at the grocery with my three boys and they were behaving like monkeys the whole time. Mommy was seriously going to have a breakdown. At the checkout, they were going insane, running everywhere, so I grabbed them each by the arm and yanked them onto the floor and told them to "Sit! Sit! Sit!", when a woman walking past told me to "Calm down and take a deep breath." Grrrrrr! I told her to mind her own business and raise her own kids, but when I got to the car, I just started bawling. I'm just so stressed sometimes and I feel like I never get a break. I was offended and embarrassed. On my way home, I was thinking that I seriously need to get on some anti-anxiety meds or something, before I lose my mind. But then I got to the house and just felt like I HAD to go running. Like a smoker niccing out for another ciggy. HAD to. So I dropped my son off at b-ball and took the little two to the school and ran the kiddie track while they played for about 30 mins. When I got home I felt so much happier. I know all about endorphins, but never noticed the effect so much. I didn't feel like I was walking into my dark, dirty cave, like I susally do, but felt motivated to turn on some lights and start cleaning.

So, I'm going to ease back into running for my mental health and of course, I won't mind the by-product of losing weight and shaping up. I really feel like running regularly could keep me from needing meds. (I've never had any before BTW) When I used to run a few years ago, it seems like I remember being not quite as stresses.

And as a bonus, I was actually down a bit this morning. Down 1.5 # since last Friday...not too shabby! I was down to 145.5 last Sat and Sun, but I felt like I was STARVING and I'm fine now. Maybe the nutrition and stuffs catching up, cause I'm not as hungry all the time.

OMG!! I just went back a page on accident and thought I lost this whole post, then I hit undo and it came back!!! Yay!!!
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:09 PM   #80  

midearthseeker so sorry to hear about the meltdown at the grocery store. I'd NEVER tell a stranger in the store to "take a deep breath" (although I have wanted to tell some of their children to behave! LOL). You didn't say if it was a frequent event or not, but it was with my kids until I started this habit: after I parked the car, I'd turn around and admonish the kids to remember that they were in a public place and that any poor behavior would be witnessed by others and that I expected them to be on their best behavior. For some reason it always worked! Anyway, good for you to go running! I wish I had that drive!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #81  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi everyone. Thought I'd keep in touch although I feel like I've nothing to contribute or even to really say at the moment. I'm being good - not perfect - but good enough. Made some really bad choices today but i feel like I've had a bit of a breakthrough because instead of throwing in the whole day I've just totally changed my planned evening meal and I can still come in at under 1500 and shouldn't be hungry so that's worth doing. Need to do some exercise though.

I spent the day in the same office as today. I decided to pretend nothing ever happened cos I can't be bothered with it all and was more than happy to adopt my approach!

It's a holiday weekend here and I made a conscious decision to spend it on sorting my house out - big declutter and spring clean. That probably translates as wasting a lot of time lounging around and checking things out here!
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:57 PM   #82  

Doughnut~you did the right thing to ignore the !
Old 05-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I made a chocolate cake today and do not feel guilty cause the cake (with out icing) is 113 cals for 1/12 of cake and the hubby loved it said it was one og the best ones I have made! Oh yeah with Betty Crocker french vanilla frosting it came under 300 cals.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 168.5/167.5/140

Height: 5' 1"

There's nothing like mowing the lawn to keep one out of the kitchen. That's how I spent my day, riding around our lawn, mowing. Who would have thought it'd be so relaxing, sitting out there just thinking. Now I know why my dad likes doing it.

A bit of an explaination on why I was doing the mowing. A couple of weeks ago my dad had surjury which has put him out of commission since then. And then this morning he had a colonoscopy. Poor guy just can't get a break. With it being my weekend and having nothing else to do I figured I'd take the chance to learn how to drive our riding lawn mower. Luckily, I picked it up quick since it doesn't take much to lose control. Well, we have a huge yard (several acres) and it took myat least 4 hours to go over it once. Since it's been a while since it's been mowed so I had to go over it twice. So in the last 2 days I've racked up over 6 hours of mowing time. And to be honest I loved every minute of it. Plus the bonus came in that I didn't think about food, which was nice.
Dawnslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:15 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Smile Beautiful weekend!

Good morning! It's Saturday here and going to be a beautiful day.

Dawnslight Hope your dad is going to be ok.

The lawn mowing sounds like a great way to relax and have a bit of time to yourself. I find I'm able to stay OP a lot more easily if I can get a bit of time to myself every day - even if it's only 10 minutes sitting with a cat on my lap.

What do the rest of you do to relax and destress? And does it help you with your dieting goals? to

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:13 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I was planting onions and thought hmmm ... so I had sardines and onions on a ww roll ... delish!

DS#2 helped me change over the office this morning. So I'm sitting at my new keyboard, speakers and huge monitor at my new desk that's actually big enough for all that stuff! It's great!
I was straightening file drawers but it was too nice .. I went outside.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Hey, all.
Just checkin' in. While my goal this past week was to continue to go to cardio-kickboxing, I didn't make it. I did, however, make my weights and cardio goals.

Classes are really hard for me because I'm pretty shy. I feel better with my iPod lifting weights and running on the treadmill. I think the class is one of those things that's "good for me" and I should do it. How about that as a starting point for success???

HAHAHA!
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

OMG~ I did my regular workout this morning of 90 mins and we also went for a walk to the hardwear store to look at bahthroom stuff for when we redo i. That was 2 hours plus 2 hours in the store all pushing the doubble stoller with 60 pounds of little ones. My legs are a little tired but I am better off than I thought I would be
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:22 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Somehow today I've managed to develope a headache. Yuck. So ... I think I'll start next week's thread and had for my little bed.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote