Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 09:37 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Georgie! You just come back here and check in with us often ... we'll keep you on your toes
Old 02-12-2007, 09:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! Welcome to all the noobs!!

The kids are off school today and I'd just love to stay home but work is calling. I had a nice egg white and "sausage" breakfast and am killing time before I have to leave for the office. Lunch is made but the bed isn't.....I did get some exercise in this morning, but nothing spectacular.

I'm one of those Non-Runners, too. Although I'd love to run, my body just won't let me. I guess I don't like getting that winded and my knees really hurt if I do it. I envy those of you who can run a marathon (or mini-marathon)! Good for you.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #18  

Georgie!!

Gotta get ready for work... back later

Had a great bosu ball leg workout...
Old 02-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #19  
gettinghealthy4me

S/C/G: 150/145/125

Hello everyone,
I am Lulu and this is my first day of Phase one. I was looking for a forum to join and I am not sure how this works. I hope that I am not intruding. Just wanting to get this plan and new lifestyle right and have (a lot) of guidence in the process.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #20  

Welcome lulu! We'll help you stay on track!

I love Alabama!
Old 02-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #21  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Nice to meet you, Blue to Blue. I'm still sort of new! The swimming sounds like something to look forward to - glad the sickness is over.

Welcome, Carobelle. Enjoy your "actual workout visits" at the gym! I won't trash diet drinks right now since you don't want to change the caffeine because of schedule, BUT I sure can try to talk you out of them later if it would help! LOL! (Not a fan)

Welcome, Georgie. Just being rested will make a change in your stress level so your food decisions can be better. Good luck.

Well, my measuring morning went pretty well. 3/4-inch each lost from waist and abs so far in the new year, and my arms and legs are slimming.

I'll be working out 45 -50 minutes today, Wed, Fri.

Oops, meant to say hi to LuLu! Best of luck.

Last edited by Whittlin; 02-12-2007 at 11:37 AM. Reason: More to add
Old 02-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #22  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Default watching grass grow and my lazy dog

Losing weight is definitely like watching the grass grow.

So I am on day three of this couch to 5k plan. (Hello by the way to all the people I haven't met yet...I am so new I didn't even know that whittlin' was new). Today's run/walk was awesome. Perfect weather totally doable run but I feel like I got a good workout in. It took about 30 minutes and I must have gone a little over two miles. I measured my road (which is more like a long driveway) the other day and it turns out that it is just about .5 miles so I can measure now. I did that back and forth twice plus a short walk in the woods to cool down.

Anyhow my dog comes with me and he is all gung ho at first but as soon as he realizes that all I am doing is running back and forth he lies down in the middle of the road and waits for me to turn around and come back. He is that sort of dog.

Hi Georgiegirl and Lulu!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:51 PM   #23  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

to everyone new. I've just found where the extra smilies are hiding at (never was quick on the uptake) so you could get a lot of these now . No, there was no reason for that one - I just thought it was cute!

Well I bit the bullet and weighed myself today and I'm nearly back to where I started which is all the incentive I need to get back on track.

Sweet talker - what's happening in Montreal in 4 days? Hope everyone's having a great day.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #24  

Welcome to all the new gals in here!! *sigh* I remember when I was new. That really wasn't too long ago!!! Time passes quick on here, I think

It looks like there's a pretty good mix of runners and non-runners in here. I've dreamed of being a runner; someone who could hop on the treadmill and give'r...but alas, I am one to run for 3 reasons: 1. I'm missing my bus/train. 2: I'm being chased by a bear or other frightnening large animal, or 3: In a sport where you forget that you're running because you just keep thinking "ooooh, a ball! Let's go!!!" as if you are an easily excited puppy. Good ol' field hockey.

I agree hikerchick, the grass might even have a faster transformation when in comparison to me... I am so impatient about weightloss though, and I don't even own a scale! I have to wait until I see it in my body. UGH.

Doughnut: In 4 days I'm going to visit my best girlfriend in Montreal and I'm SOOO excited. We've been planning it for months and months. And there's going to be a lot of eating...and drinking... On Friday, I leave at 9am Victoria time, and arrive at 6pm (time zone change), and that night we're going to a pub crawl at 8pm to kick things off...it's going to be that busy the whole time almost. Going out every night! AHHH!! I must do work now, before it's too late!!! Sorry for the tangent.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #25  
Doughnut

Have a really great time Carey - it sounds like fun. Have you seen your friend since you lost the 20+ pounds? I bet you look very different now.

Last edited by Doughnut; 02-12-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Just wrote and entire post and accidently deleted it!

Well, you miss one day and you totally fall behind on the posts, you girls are dedicated! First off, hello to all the new members, I am new myself and these are a great bunch of losers! They have inspired me and I'm sure they willl inspire you as well.

kudos to those that are using this week to get back on track, I have total confidance in you! And congrats to everyone who had a great week full of healthy foods and wonderful exercise. For all the runners, good on ya! and for all the walkers, walking can be just as effective.

Carey-Have you been to Montreal before? Your going to have a blast, I love this city. Warning though, it's crazy cold here.

Hickerchick- I almost blew water out of my nose when you described your dog.

I had a great week, the first great week in a long time. I kept my calories down and joined the gym and actually went. Staggering the muscle groups when you first start out is a strange experience of pain though. Each of my body parts hurt in different degrees of pain. I ran 4k on Sunday and feel pretty good, minus the pain of course. Funny, I used to force myself to the gym but now that I have a crazy circus monkey on acid aka my daughter, running around the house, it's like having a little break to myself for my sanity and my body. I was looking so forward to weighing myself this morning and then TOM came to visit, I don't know about you ladies but that usually means 2 extra pounds, so I guess it will have to wait for next Monday.

This weeks goals
1. Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day.
2. Go to the gym 4 times this week.
3. Keep my calories under 1400.
4. Continue to check in here and assuring myself that I can do this!

Best of luck on all your goal this week!

Dana
Old 02-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodiumlightbaby View Post
Just wrote and entire post and accidently deleted it!
Don't you just hate when that happens? I've done it myself several times.

Hikerchick~you obviously live in the country!!! I think my dogs would probably follow me the whole time if I were to do that (but I have no intention of running!)

Doughnut~you're too funny! Yes, there are a lot of smilies here!

Whitlin~WTG on the loss!

Lulu~welcome!
Old 02-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #28  
Doughnut

I appear to have verbal diarrohea today; nah - just want to try out some more smilies Ok - leave it now.

Well I wasn't perfectly on plan today because I clocked up 1500 calories rather than the planned 1300 and no exercise. However, it's about 2000 calories less than I've eaten everyday for the last fortnight so that's a step in the right direction.

Anyway it's 10pm here and I am totally whacked so I'm off to bed. Hope you guys on the other side of the pond have a successful evening.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:04 AM   #29  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Hello!

I had a good day yesterday - nice yummy healthy food and a good rest from gym and kickboxing and my knee is just about on the mend

I watched Million Dollar Baby again last night and blubbered for half the film. Again!

Planning the gym at lunch
Old 02-13-2007, 06:49 AM   #30  

Morning!
Closed Thread