Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220 Jan '11, 199 Try 2/186/160

Height: 5' 8"

I got 2 miles in this afternoon on the dreaded treadmill this afternoon because I didn't make it out this morning. I am heading out of town next week but I hope to hit the hotel's gym treadmill to keep it going.
NTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220 Jan '11, 199 Try 2/186/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope View Post
I did a 5K this morning. I improved my speed significantly from the one I ran on July 2nd.

Tomorow is my long run. I am actually looking foward to it! I had been so nervous before my last few long runs, but looking back I had no difficulty with them.
Congrats on your race yesterday - and your long run today. Wow - lots of running! Might wanna take it easy tomorrow.
NTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:56 AM   #18  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

HELLO RUNNING PEEPS!

I ran my Marathon in May .....really easy peasy...slow and steady...never hit a wall ....*how could look how slow I ran* with a time of 4:50

Tehehehe! It was an AMAZING experience! So much fun and so relaxed!

I am training for Marathon 2 which I plan to do the opposite! PUSH MYSELF and totally demolish that time!

I have a half marathon in 13 days and my training run of 14 miles last week was 2:04 so I think I'll do 13 really well~!

Just wanted to pop in and see what everyone is up to!
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:03 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Hi everyone! I'm happy to report I RAN for the first time in 2 weeks since my left foot/ankle started killing me!

30 minutes/probably about 3 miles. It was a nice, easy run and I didn't try to push it.

Normally I would run every other day, but I really want to be super slow in building my mileage back up. I'll probably do 2 days of rest in between running days. No more than 35 minutes this week, 40 minutes next week per run if all goes well.

So happy to be back in the saddle, especially after back-to-back injuries
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 200/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'6"

Can I join in?
So, I don't really like to run, but it's such a great workout for me. I enjoy it once I'm in it, it's all the mental walls I have to get through the first mile or so. My longest run was 7 miles, but I was in the groove, and doubt I can do that again for a while. My run right after that was barely 4 miles, and I had to stop a couple of times. It's a little harder for me cuz my kids are with me all day. I either have to push a stroller, while my oldest bikes, or go down to the school and run the track, while they annoy me being bored..haha. So I don't get to run nearly as often as I would like/or should.
Oh, and I have to ask this really embarassing question to some avid runners. Does anyone have to battle runner's trot? Gross, embarassing, but most times, not all, but most, I have to make sure I run on a course where I can stop and "go". haha. Have you delt with this? And did it stop being a problem? Thanks
BakingChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #21  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone!

envelope ~ good for you for finishing the 5K...that is awesome! It sounds like everyone else is doing good, too.

I am now up to running 1.5 miles without stopping at 5.0 mph and 1.0 incline. I am sllllooooowwwwwlllllyyyy inching my way up to 3 miles. It's weird because my legs feel like they need to run and be moving the next day after I run. It's like the treadmill is calling me, lol. Once the weather cools off I am excited to run outside. I really enjoy it and I want to do it every day, but I'm scared I am going to hurt myself. I might rollerblade tonight so I can still get in some great cardio and then just run every other day.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I'm training for my first 5k in October. I'm creeping along here reading posts from you seasoned runners...

The heat KILLS me, so I've been running indoors for the past while. Can't wait until fall!
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #23  
I am in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozentusic View Post
I'm training for my first 5k in October. I'm creeping along here reading posts from you seasoned runners...

The heat KILLS me, so I've been running indoors for the past while. Can't wait until fall!
Me, too! But mine won't be a straight 5K because it has 10 obstacles thrown in there, so I won't be running non-stop. My goal is to be able to run 5K before the race, though, that way I know I could do it if I needed to. Good luck to you! I can't wait for the weather to cool off so I can run outdoors, too.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #24  

NTexas - Mondays and Thursdays are my rest days...Mondays I am definately ready for a rest!

twinmommaplusone -
Your 1/2 will be easy for ya! Sounds like your time has really improved.

indiblue - so glad you are feeling better!

BakingChick - Welcome!

Emme - on my Thursday rest day I am itching to go out and jog. Sundays are my long run, so on Mondays it feels great to rest.

fozentusic - Welcome! I ran my first 5k last Oct.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Ran my longest run EVER last night. 7.5kms! It took me 60 minutes, including a 5 minute warm up and a 10 minute cool down. And I discovered that I pulled a groin muscle again when I woke up this morning. Boo...
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 200/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'6"

I decided to time myself when running the other day. My 3 mile time was 28.25 minutes. It went pretty well, I am by no means a fast runner. Then I decided to go an extra mile - only one cuz the kiddos were antsy to get home (we were on the track at school). I wasn't truely in the mood to keep going so I decided to walk a lap, sprint a lap, walk a lap, sprint a lap. It felt pretty darned good
BakingChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #27  
I am in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozentusic View Post
Ran my longest run EVER last night. 7.5kms! It took me 60 minutes, including a 5 minute warm up and a 10 minute cool down. And I discovered that I pulled a groin muscle again when I woke up this morning. Boo...
If you are training for a 5K, then I think you are there after reading this post!! LOL! Good for you!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 145/131.5/125

Height: 5'3"

Well i had been out of commission for a bit because I got ahead of myself & pushed myself too hard and far running on the beach & pulled muscles in my calves Note to self: take it easy running on the beach/sand when you aren't familiar with it!

Anyway, I got back on the wagon last night after 2 weeks of hardly ANY running or exercise. I ran 4 miles in 38:04. Not too shabby I guess. I am not the best judge of myself though.
nikkinouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Which is better for weightloss?

Trying to increase speed on the treadmill?
or...
Trying to increase the amount of time running, not worrying about speed?

Just FYI I currently run on my treadmill at 2% incline at 5mph for about 20 minutes, then slowly up my speed to 5.5 and stop at 30minutes and speed walk on a steep incline as a cool down. I do this for about 6-10minutes, or when I hit 3 miles total distance, whichever comes first.

Thanks for the input!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #30  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymcfatty View Post
Which is better for weightloss?

Trying to increase speed on the treadmill?
or...
Trying to increase the amount of time running, not worrying about speed?

Just FYI I currently run on my treadmill at 2% incline at 5mph for about 20 minutes, then slowly up my speed to 5.5 and stop at 30minutes and speed walk on a steep incline as a cool down. I do this for about 6-10minutes, or when I hit 3 miles total distance, whichever comes first.

Thanks for the input!
For me...it's the latter "tryin to increase the amount of time...., not worrying about speed.

I still could care less about speed. At my age (44), it's almost a miracle that I can even run at all, much less finish 20 miles in a week! Especially after years and years of destroying my body (smoking). Time...the more TIME I spend sweating, the faster those lbzzz came off...period...hands down...WOOT!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote