Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 09:47 AM   #31  

good morning!! Today it is supposed to be 76 degrees!!!!
yeehaw!!!! I did my training run/walk yesterday for 20 minutes. According to my training program I am supposed to go for time the first 8 weeks and distance the last 4 weeks. Today I will be riding my bike sometime. (if the wind cooperates)
Shoulders and left thigh are a little sore, but it feels kind of good, if that makes sense! Yesterday at the grocery I bought a huge generic bottle of ibuprofen and some iceehot (like ben-gay but not as stinky IMO)
How is everyone else? What do you all do for fun, besides exercise?
I crochet and cross-stitch, and I am also reading The Chamber by John Grisham. I don't know how I missed that one when it came out 5 or 6 years ago. I think I was moving here from ND and didn't have time to read it or something.
Gotta go read the paper!
take care!!!
luv
lauri
Old 04-14-2002, 09:49 AM   #32  

I almost forgot:
t-girl I enjoyed the tae-bo and got really good at the basic, and moved to the advanced, but I didnt' care for all the floor work during the last half. I liked the actual kick boxing stuff.
Just my opinion, I could be wrong...
bye now!
Old 04-14-2002, 02:27 PM   #33  
Mooz

[SIZE=4][FONT=courier new][COLOR=seagreen][B][I]

Hi Girls!!

Hope you are having a great weekend.

I have done my first walk and will hopefully be doing another at 8.30. Eating is OK so far.

Lauri - I do linedancing for fun and it is good exercise too. I love books but I always fall asleep when I start reading so I could never read a whole book! and that book you mention sounds very long!!

T-girl - glad you are sticking with us.

Patty - I don't always drink enough water and it's not because I don't like it but I just forget to do it sometimes. (Psst - hope Semo isn't listening - remember the challenge woops!!)

Semo - How are you? Where are you? Nice day isn't it? Hope you are having a good weekend and not getting too much work to do.

Jen - Hope all is well and call in when you can even if it is only to say a quick 'Hello'

Billiesrosie - It must be hard for you with your hubby being away a lot - that is something you and Jen have in common and Lauri has experienced it also.

DON'T BE AFRAID TO ACCOMPLISH WHAT YOU DREAM. DON'T BE AFRAID TO HOPE FOR BETTER THINGS. YOU ARE WORTH IT! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Last edited by mooz49; 04-14-2002 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2002, 04:29 PM   #34  
Give Peace A Chance !

Hello gang, I'm loving all the support going on in here. You guys Rule!!!

Just passing through to say if you don't have your taxes all fixed up for tomorrow. here's a friend of mine that might be able to help ya out.......

Old 04-14-2002, 05:55 PM   #35  

Taz, I am ROFLMAO!!!! That was hilarious!! Fortunately we have done our taxes AND spent our refund check!
Thanks for the

lauri
Old 04-14-2002, 08:08 PM   #36  

hi all, i have had a good weekend i rode my new bike yesterday not far about 35 min i am going to try to ride every day if the weather permits and slowly increase the time. i have been drinking lots of water 90 yesterday but only 60 today,my eyeballs are floating,lol!!! lauri,i do all kinds of crafts and i love to crochetand i am a artist,i just finnished a picture of my grandson,he was sleeping and sucking his thumb,CUTE!!! i like to read but i cant put it down till i finish ,lol got to go see yous later.tami
Old 04-14-2002, 10:51 PM   #37  

I really do like the kick-boxing part better, didnt know the advanced had more floor work did you ever try tae bo 2, I think it came out last year?? I wanted to see about that. Well I am doing good walked and did tae bo today. It is humid in here.. my goodness, talk to you all later

Latisia
Old 04-15-2002, 02:50 AM   #38  
Mooz

Good Morning Girls.
The sun is shining here in Ireland and I don't think I have ever been in as much control and it must be down to reporting back to this computer of mine every day to get my daily dose of inspiration and motivation.
I will be going for a walk this morning after I get my youngest out to school and get my mother up and going.

T- girl and Billiesrosie you girls are doing great and you are motivating the rest of us to get up and do something. YGG

Taz - As I told you before you brighten our day. I do hope Lauri didn't hurt herself too much laughing at you

Will call later.

Take care all.

Anne

SUCCESS IS NOT A DOORWAY, IT'S A STAIRCASE - Dottie Walters

Last edited by mooz49; 04-15-2002 at 04:48 AM.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:22 AM   #39  

Is it really Monday already? ugh LOL!!
I may have to take a mental health day this week sometime. I rarely get physically ill, so I rest my brain on my sick days!
Anne, I am glad you are sooo PUMPED!!!
I am somewhat in control as well, mostly with my running program. I get excited just picturing myself finishing the 5k. This keeps me going.
Right now in my spare time, I am crocheting some doilies for my friends. I love to crochet, and I usually just give the stuff away. Last year I made scrunchies and hair bun covers like they were going out of style. Everyone at work with long hair has them in almost every color. The nurses like them because they color coordinate with their scrubs.
Yesterday for the first time I tried fat free Fig Newtons! omg!!! These are wonderful!! I also like the fat free Pringles. Now if we could just formulate beer so the alcohol didn't metabolize as fat that would be progress!!! I would SO be in heaven!!!
Gotta run! Sorry if I jump all over the place with my subject matter! It's all the energy I have I guess....
T-girl, I have not tried the tae-bo 2. Let me know if you do, and how you like it. Have you been to www.taebo.com ?
Luv
lauri
Old 04-15-2002, 09:49 AM   #40  
Give Peace A Chance !

Talking

Good morning, Good morning!!!! This is a glorious day to be alive and losing weight with all your friends!!!

I had to pop in here since I consider you guys my friends too. I came to lose a pound or two with you guys. Let's crank up the celelbration and get this weight loss party started!

If anyone knows a few tricks teach them to me I am in a big slow metabolism stall right now, better known as a plateau.
But I persevere!

I hope you all are having a blast of an OP day and i'll peek in later to see all the cheering and good times as you spout off all the pounds lost over the weekend.

Indy, I'm glad you got a laugh out of that crooked tax dodger. I don't think weight loss has to be a dull and boring thing do you?
I have a fun time everytime I check in here.

Mooz: As always, much respect girl for running a tight well oiled ship up in here. I love this place!!!

Old 04-15-2002, 11:29 AM   #41  

Good Morning Girlfriends! I ended up NOT having to work the weekend because we got a big rain that put everyone out of the fields. I really would just as soon gotten it over with but you take the rain when it comes.

Didn't do to badly over the weekend eating wise. Worked on the 'ol arms with the weights. My jeans are feeling tight tho, so I need to watch much closer. A big hello to everyone and love the graphics.

Hey, I love crafts too, alto I'm at a stage right now that I just like to own all the stuff to do them with. However, I am not getting around to actually doing anything with them. This friend and I have a contest going, she who dies owning the most wins. I used to crochet and do cross stitch all the time then went to putting quilt tops together and actually hand quilted one. Now I'm collecting things to do cards with and one stroke painting. I keep saying one of these days........

Chat later - Love you gals.
Old 04-16-2002, 03:12 AM   #42  
Mooz

FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS

GOOD MORNING Taz, Semo, Lauri, Patty, Jen, T-girl and Billiesrosie.

Are we going to sort this problem out once and for all girls?
Life is too short so lets not waste any more precious time. We are going to change our lives for the better by eating healthy foods, getting some form of exercise every day (even if it is only a little) and TREATING THIS ONE AND ONLY BODY WITH THE RESPECT IT DESERVES

Anne
Old 04-16-2002, 05:16 AM   #43  
Mooz

[SIZE=4][FONT=arial][COLOR=darkblue][B][I][U]OK GIRLS HOW ABOUT - EVERYONE UPDATING THEIR PROFILES AND TELLING A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THEMSELVES SO WE CAN ALL GET A 'PICTURE' IN OUR HEADS OF EACH OTHER.

ONE THING EVERYONE COULD DO IS SAY IN THEIR BIOGRAPHY WHAT THEY WEIGH AND WHAT THEIR TARGET WEIGHT IS (a healthy target - not an unhealthy skin and bones target) AND EACH PERSON SAY 'I WILL get to XXX pounds'

It's worth a try and it can't do any harm.

What do you think?

I have already done mine.

Anne

Old 04-16-2002, 09:23 AM   #44  

hi there!!! Geez. mooz you're sooo bossy!!! I kinda like it
Anyhow, I will update my profile later on today.
I don't know if I mentioned this, but I am at a stinking plateau. Hopefully my running will jump start that. I run a little more each time I get out. Remember I have never been a runner so any little bit for me is quite thrilling....
Yesterday was the Boston Marathon, I can't even run 2 minutes. let alone 2 hours straight!!! Mercy sakes!!
Well, dolls, I must be goin... love ya and where the heck are SEMO and Patty??
Lauri
Old 04-16-2002, 10:18 AM   #45  

Hello Ladies
I've been feeling a bit under the weather. My stomach is still giving me problems. I have one more test this thursday. The meds the doctor gave me are getting me sleepie. So i can't take them during the work day. So then my stomach starts to ache. This is something that i'm probable going to have to deal with for the rest of my life. The one thing i need to start to manage is the stress.

Lauri - I'm sure the running with get you off of that plateau. Just keep it up. Your doing great...

Mooz - I'll update later on today.

I need to get back to work. Drink that water....
talk to you all later.
Closed Thread