Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #31  

Hey ... I'm still here in TN, where it is very hot. Raining right now, storming actually, and supposed to cool down by Wed into the 80s instead of nearly 100. That will be a little better, at least we will be able to breathe when we go outside.

Taking today off .... actually, taking several days off. Had whole family over yesterday for Father's Day and daughter's 40th BD. We were in NC last weekend so missed Father's Day. Came back Monday and went to Dr. with bloodclot in right arm. Then had Ross and Jenna Tues-Thur. Between the trip, the kids and the party, I'm exhausted, need major restoration time. Don't know why I do that to myself - dumb, dumb, dumb!

Joanne, sorry about the baby bird and I know how you feel about the new email account. I just had to get a whole new notebook computer with Windows 7 and it's a brand new experience. I was just getting comfortable with XP. Now I have to go back and forth from XP on the desktop in the bedroom to Windows 7 on the Notebook in the livingroom. Confusing and expecially when I've had a Darvocet! LOL

I'll be back, and hopefully it won't be so long this time. I'm just so tired all the time.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:49 AM   #32  

Hi meme-and everyone. Things are really getting done upstairs -2 rooms painted. I keep moving things a little at a atime. Tenant painted the stenciling in the hallway-kids probably ruined it so she had to paint, Getting my brakes done. Bye for now. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #33  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody- The computer problems may be settled. Had a problem yesterday. Spent about an hour with support guy who finally gave me a number to Dell who wanted 60 dollars to help me. I said thanks but no thanks. My son came over when he say I was having a meltdown. It took him about one minute to fix it..Tomorrow Bright House is sending someone to fix a small problem with the T V. The picture freezes now and then ,but, the audio stays on.. weird problems we are having all of at once.
We finally have had two evening of rain. I don't care if it rains every day for awhile. We need it.
Today I need to go to w/m and then I will think about some more chores to get done..
Have a good day..Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:21 AM   #34  

Glad to hear your computer problem is solved-it;s so frustrating.
We got trim at HomeDepot and I put on the first coat. I also got great bargains yesterday=3 outfits at Salvation Army for 15-Alfred Dunner, Talbot, Coldwater Creek, Briggs, Old Navy. Funny.
going to gf's for lunch-she has a pool. Getting stressed. It will be good to relax. I don't want to mention this to you Joanne, but we have the heat on. Just for one day-Mima
Old 07-01-2010, 10:21 AM   #35  

Default Hey There

The heat on.. my ac never stops.. This has been the hottest month ever.. The Bright House TV man is supposed to come sometime before noon. The picture freezes at times although the audio continues..
Maybe more rain today. We will take all we can get.. I live on a hill, sorta, so we are never bothered with flooding.Some areas are already having a problem.. Not much news this way so I better get busy . Back later..Joanne
Old 07-02-2010, 06:32 AM   #36  

PTL we have more than eough points to get 2 free tickets for our trip to Denver for the wedding.
Went to my gf's house for lunch but it was too cold to swim. Had such a nice time.
Never heard of Bright House. We have satellite and it sometinmes doesn't work when there are storms-mostly at the campground.
Happy 4th of July and Happy Canada Day, Anne. mima
Old 07-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #37  

Default Hey There

Bright House must just be down here.. I like it better so far than Verizon.. And it is less money for the same and more that we were getting.
Everybody have a good 4th.It will be quiet at my house.. I don't think the town will have fireworks this year. Nothing has been mentioned.
Joanne
Old 07-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #38  

Good morning everybody. Sorry to be gone so much, but I have been working a lot, and I just don't have the energy to sit and post. I have been reading, however.

Mima - Canada Day was a good day. Although I didn't do much. My brother and SIL came on Wednesday night. We went to Tony Roma's for some of those delicious RIBS, and then came back and played cards. They went back home the next day. Sure enjoyed that visit.

Glad your house is coming along. Are you looking forward to moving in upstairs, again?

Joanne - glad your computer woes are just about behind you. Nice that your son could help you out. I had to take my computer into the shop a couple of weeks ago. Had some kind of malware on it. Apparently my antivirus was NOT working, although it said everything was ok. So you never no!

Meme - I guess you have just been you usual busy self! Hope you did take some time to do NOTHING but rest. I don't mind Window's 7 but sure didn't like Vista. I think XP was still my favorite.

Not much is new. Summer is here - some days are rainy and cool, and some are nice and warm. Next week, looks like it's going to be a very HOT week. Not looking forward to that so much. Don't care for that hot weather. Like it around 78F - perfect.

Where has Tammy got to? I wonder if Kate got a job? My goodness, so many questions lol

Have a good week. I will be working 4 days next week.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #39  

Yeh-where are Tammy and kate?
It's going to be in the 90's all week and we have this big thing at church-outside, Hope they move it in esp since we will be in Colonial costumes.
It was 63 in the apt. Yes, I am dying to move upstairs-they didn't work til today because Eddie wasn't feeling well-but they are doing a beautiful job.
Brad and I painted the front of the screen porch at camp-=then it got too hot. That porch looks good and it will be so nice.]
My old neighbors were at Bob's cookout and Jessica and Caleb-he's so cute . She will be having her baby at the end of the month. We had a little shower for her because we won't be there next weekend. It's in RI.
She even loved the used clothing I found-but it looked new.
And Lily never cried=she is going to have red hair for now. What a sweetie!!
Bye for now Mima
Old 07-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #40  

Default Hey There

After being in the 70's and 80's for four days now it is in the 90's.. Already I am wishing for rain to cool us off.. This has been an unusual year.
I am still having some computer problems. They darn thing keeps me from getting on line and then I have to spend about an hour with a support person to get it fixed.
Seems like we have lost Kate. I hope she is well. Tammy and Meme must be busy.
I decided to not eat anything after dinner(5 P.M.) and it seems to be helping I have lost a few pounds. I hope I don't find them again. That's the way it is with me.
I hope you all are having a good week. I seem to stay busy here in the house.. It is too hot to do much outside..
Joanne
Old 07-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone!! Yes, I am still alive and kicking here in Florida! It has been an unusually stressful beginning to the summer months here. I have gained back 5 pounds and am having a difficult time getting back to a low carb lifestyle....but I do keep trying! My FM has been extremely unmanageable...very difficult getting up in the morning. I tried a new therapy called ETPS....a TENS type unit that uses a direct current to the nerves. It works great for me but is too expensive for regular treatments. I am going to go through the posts to see what I have missed. I hope everyone is doing well! Missed you all!!
Kate53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #42  

Nice to hear from you Kate-this has also been a stressful summer for me with this apt and moving back upstairs. Which may happen this coming weel. Meanwhile I am involved in a church Festival and I have a colonial costume and it's hot here-after 4 days of 90's, it's in the 80's.
Couldn't sleep well last night/
I orderes crocs specially made for things like plantar fasciitis which I have again. 22 with shipping. Crocsrx.com
Hope you feel better Kate. But glad you posted,
I went for a haircut and she was talking about her upcoming divorce. She asked me how short amd I told he but it came out shorter, It will grow out. Kinda funny-poor gal-her husband left her.
Mima
Old 07-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #43  

Another visit to the forum....I'm trying to be more conscientious about staying in touch here! Mima, I hope the move is going well. I had to renovate my first house here in Florida from the smokers who owned it. We even had to have the vents cleaned....you might want to ask Stanley Steemer about that service? I had to use the saline nose irrigation this spring for allergies as well. It really does work but you have to be diligent about doing it every day. I've never heard of Bright House either....must be a west coast Florida company. Is it broadband? Sort of like the Comcast we have available here?We just recently switched from Direct TV satellite to AT&T Uverse....we like it much better! We bundled our phone, internet and television and we end up paying less. We had the same problem with the satellite going nuts during heavy rains and t-storms.
I just hate that I have gained 5 pounds. I am trying to stay away from all the carbs but for some reason I just don't enjoy lunch and dinner without something starchy like whole wheat pasta or brown rice or some sort of potato. I just am not that big of a meat lover and find it difficult to pair that with just a salad. I would rather have just a huge salad with a big hunk of whole grain, crusty bread. The other issue is sometimes we don't eat until 7 at night because hubby gets home from work late. I would like to not eat after 5-6 pm myself but it never seems to work out that way. By the time I eat, clean up the kitchen, walk the dog and shower the bug spray off me, it's around 9 pm. Hubby goes to bed early because he goes to work at 5 am....I feel like a live-in housekeeper! Not a great way to live but what can you do? I still haven't found any part time work either. I have been knocking around the idea of doing another business but would like to stay away from doing anything involving food. I was actually thinking of opening a premium pet food store....cater to all those people from Vero Beach who spend lots of money on golf and their pets!
Off to run some errands. I hope all is well with everyone. I haven't heard from Tammy lately but based on her Facebook page, she appears to be doing well. I'll check back tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:59 AM   #44  

Good morning-we got much needed rain yesterday-had to move all inside except for the goats and ducks. We made cute yarn dolls in our room. Still only the church kids -they were wonderful!!!
I have a cold-so congested, wheezy. need zinc.-it's at camp so I will get some more.
We are having a church picnic today and the sun is out!!
Can't find the perfect bedspread yet!!
Bye for now. mima
Old 07-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #45  

Good morning everyone. Mima, have you tried Home Goods for that bedspread? We have one here in Vero that is fabulous.....one of my favorite stores as a matter of fact. I have gotten some great deals on home decor there. I bought a beautiful duvet cover for my guest room comforter there.
When it comes to decorating, I like to see and feel whatever I purchase before buying it but I'll bet you could find some great bedspreads online.
Not much new here. The weather is still hot but the humidity seems to be subsiding. We have to remove two dead trees on the front property and replace them. This was a tough winter for some of the more southern species. I lost my Royal Poinciana and a Foxtail palm. We'll replace them with something a bit more cold tolerant I guess. Just had a short walk with the dog....we try to get out early before the heat gets too unbearable. Queenie has been doing very well so far this summer. She doesn't care for it when iut gets too hot.....and neither do I! Off to get some weeding done. Hope all is well with everyone.