Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

It's been kind of a busy day. I woke up after 5 1/2 hrs sleep stopped up and couldn't go back to sleep. I forgot to take my Melatonin last night so FBG was a little higher than it would have been if I had slept longer.

I wanted to go to the nail salon to get my nails done and I also decided to get a pedicure. I thought they didn't open until 10 am and learned when I got there that they open an hour earlier on Friday and Saturday. While sitting there having the pedicure which felt sooooo good, I decided that I'm going to start doing that on a regular basis... maybe every other month. She did such a good job and I think taking care of my feet and circulation in my legs from the massage she did is well worth it especially now that I'm dealing with diabetes. Plus the way it makes me feel sure is worth treating myself to such pampering. Tomorrow is going to be another pampering day as I go to get my hair styled for the weekend. Makes it nice getting ready for church to not have to worry with doing my hair. Will be setting up for regular Saturday hairstyling too. I think getting my eating under control is helping me to feel better about taking care of myself in other areas.

Years ago when I was dealing with diabetes, I had a book called Fit for Life. The author recommended eating fruit in the morning until Noon and then eating your food from noon until 8 pm and then eating nothing after 8 pm. I showed the book to the doctor I had back then and he approved it. Then I ended up going on Richard Simmons diet because I started working nights with my husband. I always said that if I ever got back to living normal hours that I would do this. I'm still doing WW, started doing it with the Fit for Life theory with a little twist this morning. I made me what I call a homemade fruit cup with Activia Lite yogurt and added a teaspoon of chia seeds which came to 2 pts for breakfast. I really enjoyed that and I loved the "light" feeling of a light breakfast to start my day.

It was nice to see everybody dropping by.

Y'all have a great Friday evening and weekend.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #32  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I think I put on the wrong big girl panties yesterday because everything went awry during the day. The good thing is that a good sleep helped a lot. So did dropping three pounds of water weight overnight! BGL was 5.3 this morning too.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #33  

Ruthie - Congratulations on the 3lb loss of water weight and the BGL being down.

My FBS was back down to 113mg/dl this morning although I went to bed late and got up about 5 and 1/2 hrs later to go to the beauty shop.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:57 AM   #34  
Come on Spring!

Pea soup is on the hob and the rest of the ham is going into sandwiches for a Church meeting at noon today. It'll be a long time before I buy another ham, especially a 9½ pounder!

I have the Church meeting to navigate at lunch today but should be OK. I'll have a half sandwich, lots of veggies and ignore dessert. The woman who is making dessert has a filthy kitchen so it's easy to avoid her stuff.

Today's exercise will be shoveling because it's still coming down! This is how it should be in January!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #35  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default back home again.

Got to x-c ski 3 days in a row. Have been getting LOTs of activity. Ate pretty well, although yesterday was "high" carb for me (about 50g carbs) partly due to the fabulous dessert after supper. We went away for the night yesterday, DH did some night skiing and we went out to a very lovely restaurant, everything home made, so they dealt with my citrus allergy very nicely, and the seafood was wonderful. They had a flourless chocolate truffle cake that we split for dessert, so didn't have much, and it was fabulous. I am sure I can make a version with splenda, as the sugar is mixed with the melted chocolate etc, and isn't used for bulk. I might try it out for my dad's 80th in april.
Stuck to plan today. Sugars are good, fbs 5.7 and 5.4 last two days. No spikes yesterday in spite of the treats.

However, Emotionally have been wrecked. I was having some difficulty Friday, something about work came up and I was so upset, (which I sometimes express more as anger than sadness) and I didn't cope with it all so well. Then when it came up again on Saturday when a colleague called to follow up I really lost it. Crying and just unable to manage. Thats when DH and I decided to go away for the night. We threw stuff into a bag, and took off. Getting outside and away from things helps a lot.
It felt a little like pms, the problem is real, but not huge but for some reason coping skills are just offline.
HOpe that is better for a bit. Will be in the big city for 3 days, leaving early tomorrow, for meetings, so my exercise will be walking from place to place.
Not sure how the food stuff will be though. Always a bit worried when others are in charge of my food!
Have to pack yet, and its getting late. Hope to do more than dump and run tomorrow night.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:43 AM   #36  
Come on Spring!

Mad, I know the feeling of not being able to cope as I'm going through a bit of a rough time myself - accounting, not people problems. Getting away with DH was a good idea. Are you off to The Big Smoke for three days? I hate having other people plan my food too but sometimes we just have to suck it up.

I am still dealing with the "ham syndrome" and am freezing the rest of the pea soup in single servings. I could eat pea soup three meals a day and that is very dangerous. When I'm in town today, I'll stock up on veggies as the crisper is pretty bare. Dill pickles aren't really a veggies, right?

BGL was 6 this morning and my ticker and I are not speaking until she stops lying!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #37  

Height: 5'2"

Been struggling along this passed weekend. Dealing with lots of emotional stress and basically ate anything that wasn't nailed down. Getting back on track today. Hoping to relose the 3 lbs I lost last week and gained back ove rthe weekend. Work is extremely stressful and people keep harping on how we are only here for 6 more months until we are laid off doesn't help at all. Trying to be positive even though the ending of a job that I love is difficult.

Going to go shopping at the fruit and vegy store after work to stock up on my heathy items before th threat of lots of snow on Tues nite into Wed. Hopefully work will be closed. It is amazing how much $ I save making an extra trip to a separate store just for vegys. I think I save about $25 a week!
Well need to get back to work. Check in tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #38  

I got this from a friend today and thought you especially who live where it snows a lot might get a laugh from it like I did.

I just got off the phone with a friend from Northern
> > Wisconsin.
> >
> > She said that since early this morning the snow has
> > been nearly waist high and is still falling. The
> > temperature is dropping below zero and the
> > north wind is increasing. Her Husband has done
> > nothing but look through the kitchen window all
> > day. She says that if it gets much worse, She may
> > have to let him in.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #39  

Just checking in. Mad Getting away with DH was a good idea. Hope your trip goes well. I don't like it when someone else is in control of me food either.

Ruthie I have some ham I need to do something with too, but it was cooked with sugar on it and I am afraid to eat any of it. It sure has been calling my name lately. So far I have not answered lol, but can't say I won't.

Lindy I hate it when I have one of those days or period of days when I want to eat everything in the house. Maybe it is the stress is caused by the situation with your job and maybe for now you just need to do your best to maintain and not worry about being perfect on a diet.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #40  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THAT'S FUNNY TRISH ~ thanks for the chuckle -- you know we do that here all the time; only from the inside lookin' out ... I tried that FIT FOR LIFE THING; didn't mind fruit for breakfast now and then, but had to alternate it with a heartier one after awhile. Some of the ideas in that plan were hard to stick to (for me anyways); but nothing wrong with taking the good ideas and incorporating them into your WW plan though -- I do that all the time ...

Our temps have dropped to -15C about and I wish we would get a little more ***** to keep us warm, but don't let my landlord hear that or he'll get upset, 'cause he has to pay for all the snow removal ... I have a beautiful blue shovel on my front porch that has a huge snowflake dangling from it and it says ... LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW ... hehe ...

RUTH ~ I think dill pickles are veggies since they are made of cucumbers, but they are a bit high in salt too; three baby dills are only about 5 calories though and as long as you don't eat too many, they might be OK; same goes for olives too, I guess.

MAD ~ hope you have a nice relaxing trip so you can rest and recoupe from work issues; have a great time ...

HI LINDY ~ it's hard when you are losing your job; been through that a few times myself. Just keep on, keepin' on; that's all you can do really. Maybe you can start looking for a new job now and head them off, so2speak -- would serve them right, I think! We also buy our veggies at a different store and save a bundle too ...

Have a great week ladies ... Rosebud
Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #41  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

hi everyone, well here I am in the big smoke. Got to take my sister out for supper and have a little visit with her. Didn't see her at Christmas since I was on call and she was recuperating from having her appendix out. She is doing well now.
Just walked everywhere today, but miss the activity, so planning yoga tomorrow evening. Also going to meet DD, so not sure about where the yoga will fit in. BUt it will.
Ate a lowfat blueberry bran muffin today, (wow when thats a cheat you know its a good cheat at least) but otherwise stuck to plan by taking the lunch sandwiches apart. two other people at the meeting did the same thing, so didn't feel too bad but we had this plate of sad looking bread. The salad was completely gone tho.
TOmorrow is vegetarian pad thai, so I will bring something with me to eat for lunch.
Lindy: I had a friend who worked for the Vancouver Olympic committee, had to stay until after the Olympics, then boom, unemployed. She found it quite tough, staying until the end, knowing there was an end that way.
You keep finding joy in little things. Of course you won't be perfectly on plan all the time, but finding ways to deal with stress that don't involve eating will be part of what you will have to learn to do. I know I really fell apart when my parents got ill, wow, its 2 years ago now. For about 6 months I lost it regarding food, and went from not diabetic on testing 2.5 years ago, to prediabetic 1 year ago. Its not been easy, but I am better at not turning to food for comfort, though like everyone else, nobody's perfect. Don't judge yourself, learn from it!
ttfn everyone.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #42  
Come on Spring!

Scale and ticker are still being stubborn but today they may improve. BGL was not good this morning. I just threw out the last half of a pan of brownies - not that there's any connection!

Today I will definitely stock up on veggies. I ran out of time in town yesterday although I did manage to avoid the frassing Chinese Buffet!
Old 01-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #43  

Rosebud I didn't stay with the Fit for Life fruit in the morning either. Hadn't planned to change it, but got up hungry for something else yesterday and today and ate what I was hungry for since I'm doing the new WW Points Plus, I can do that. I ended up moving the fruit to night time eating last night when I took my Metformin. And this morning my FBS was 102 mg/dl so it would seem that it worked well for my BS. So I will keep my the fruit cup at night and see if it continues to work so well.

Mad So glad you got to spend time with your sister. That is the one thing I miss since I moved so far away from home. Now I only get to see my sister every year or two and the other one none of us hear from any more. So nice when we can get together and visit.

Ruthie So sorry you are struggling. We all go through that and it is a pain in the rump trying to get things back to where we want it. However, don't lose courage, you will do it. I'm sure this is just a phase that will pass. You've done it before so you will do it again.

I ate canned soup yesterday and will have the other half today. I forget that canned has a lot of salt so scale was up a little today which means I will have to drink lots of water today. As I mentioned to Rosebud, my FBS was 102 so the new WW plan is working for me in that area. I really want to get it down around the normal #90. I just might make it eventually.

We will finish the chili I made for lunch yesterday and I've got a small crockpot of beans soaking to cook for tomorrow. Lots of ice/snow etc on the ground and most places are closed here so we have no plans to go anywhere this week. Cold enough for soups, beans etc.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #44  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

We had roasted chicken and veggies for dinner the last two days; took the leftovers and made a nice pot of soup for lunch today -- just adding 1/8 cup of pot barley and brown rice to it; and it was tres yummy (enuff left for tomorrow too). Tonight we had baked fish and sweet tator fries with a nice big salad and sliced tomatoes. Ate much better today; getting back on track.

I crushed up some pretzels and mixed them with leftover peanuts and put them in a tin which we dole out to the birdies each day until they are all gone. DH is slowly polishing off the shortbread and crackers; stashed them up in a high cubby hole so I won't be tempted ...

We had lovely today; so the temps came up quite a bit with that -- about -7C, I think. Glad to hear things are getting better for each of our ladies here. Ya, the key is to just keep on, keepin' on really ... Like MAD says, we all make mistakes; my tactic these days is not to dwell on them; then learn from them to make corrections for the next snack or meal or day.
It does take a lot of experimentation to find out what works best for each of us!

Have a great Wednesday everyone ... Rosebud
Old 01-12-2011, 05:23 AM   #45  
Come on Spring!

"Tasted" a piece of white chocolate last night and was 8.8 this morning. Of course, I forgot my bedtime pills too! Duh!

I did get some fruits and veggies yesterday and cooked a proper supper with turkey sausage, peppers, mushrooms and brown and wild rice. Weight is slowly moving. ** Sigh **
Closed Thread