Old 10-03-2006, 12:54 PM   #31  

Smile Im with you all on the challenge!

This will be a good challenge for me because on November 1st Im going to be a bridesmaid. Dh just got me my treadmill so Im sure that will help.

1. Currently 159 pounds
2. I will be walking on my treadmill 30 minutes a day.
3. I do weight watchers flex, mostly about portion control

Im Ready.
SarahMahfoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #32  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

YAY halloween challenge.....I have a couple things planned this month I would like to slim down for

1. 239.5
2. Whatever keeps my body moving- Workout DVD's , My own workout or walking outside. I get bored with just one thing ... I need change up's to keep me moving.
3 WW and just picking healthier food choices
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:56 PM   #33  

Well I did my walking for the day. Hard work for me. I Must be out of shape. Just wondering where in Californina you are Jasmine. Im in Pasadena. And are those weight watchers cakes any good. I just finally found some at the store but didnt buy them.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:29 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Today was OK

Breakfast - Orange
Snack - egg white with bacon bits 1TB/cheese 1TB/tomato/salsa
Lunch - shrimp/chayote/tofu
snack - 2 x chicken sausages/1oz cheddar/orange
dinner - chicken burger/chayote/aparagus
snack - orange

Activity not so much.
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:04 PM   #35  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMahfoud View Post
Well I did my walking for the day. Hard work for me. I Must be out of shape. Just wondering where in Californina you are Jasmine. Im in Pasadena. And are those weight watchers cakes any good. I just finally found some at the store but didnt buy them.
Hello! I am up near Victorville. But I have family out that way. Nice to meet ya! Not sure about the WW stuff!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:07 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone.. I'm up for the challenge. I started dieting/exercising two weeks ago and have lost 8lbs..I don't know if this is water weight.. but we'll see...
1. Currently I am 232lbs
2. I walk 3.25 miles each day.. keeping my heart rate in cardio range
3. I am eating lean meats, fruits and veggies in limited portions.. mostly calorie counting. Also, no pop (unless its diet), and low fat dairy.
4. Today, I had a slim fast drink for breakfast. A turkey sandwich with low fat cheese and mustard for lunch. For dinner, I had grilled chicken, corn, and an apple. I walked/jogged 3.35 miles.

Good luck everyone
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:12 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 156/140/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey sarah and jasmine, I used to live in South Pas and Temple City where I worked as a teacher for 3 years. First job could have been in no better place. I LOVED Caliland!!!

I spent the last 2 days cleaning a friend's house. She is not a real organizer and i did it for her. Bathroom, kitchen, laundry room. 16 hours in total over the 2 days. Too pooped to do anything otherwise. But I am fulfilled at a job well done!!!

Overate yesterday on account of the fact that my period started. Usually find myself face first in ice cream. 2600 cals (according to fitday). Burned 3000

Today: not hungry until later in day due to ice cream feast last night.....
water, coffee, 4 oz steak, one large baked potatoe, 1 tbs olive oil, 2 cups veggies, 8 oz red wine. I have to go to Fitday to see my total. I'll come back and edit with final cals then.

here's fitday....1013 cals.
Burned........... 2600
love ya

Last edited by chrissym; 10-03-2006 at 09:26 PM.
chrissym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #38  

Errrrrrr,
Sad post, ladies.
I set myself up for a bad day of dieting. It all started when I went downstairs to fix the kids breakfast. The garlic bread was sitting there waiting for me to toast it for breakfast. (Crazy as it seems, I love, love, love toasted garlic bread any time of the day) I was so tempted and then the leftover speg. that I had to fix for my son's lunch smelled so good. I had 1/2 a bowl of it for breakfast...Then I had a piece of chocolate for a snack... well how about a few pieces.... like I won't confess. Had tomato soup for lunch (not too bad but it had some kind of creamy base to it so I KNOW it was fattening). For dinner I had more chocolate... Can u believe IT????? Oh and the coffee this morning was a regular Starbucks peppermint mocha. Those are the true confessions of this hunk-o-lard. I didn't get out to exercise either. I'm locked in the school room with my kids homeschooling and they didn't let me out. LOL
But, tomorrow is a new day and I've determined that if I'm going to exercise, it's going to have to be done really early in the am. So, my plans are to set the good ol' alarm and get up and make myself go walk.
Please endure me, I really haven't dieted before (at least not over a two week period) and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I've just started this thing and I'm trying to realize how many calories I've been eating... too many!
Thanks for the comments and lets all support eachother! Yahoo!!!
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:55 AM   #39  
I AM healthy!

hI SUGARBABY! I am proud of you for wanting to try though, that is the first step, the second is making up a goal, you said cal counting. That sounds good. I LOVE garlic bread too which is why i do my best to not keep it around! lol Maybe start thinking about what you do like to eat and what would be healthy choices for you for every day. A plan! Like do you like cereal? Slimfast? Me? i could care less about breakfasty stuff and used to be bad and eat whatever(grilled cheese for instance! lol ) Anyhow I had read at a few places about your body needing to detox in the a.m. and fruit being the best thing to do that and kick start your day so i do that now. Usually an apple, banana, orange, grape fruit, maybe strawberries or blueberries if I have them and blend them up and that is my breakfast! Okay lunch, what about slimfast? Or whole wheat bread with turkey breast? Soup is always good too but look at the can. Start an account at fitday.com if you havent already. I just found it aweek ago and I love it and wish Id found it sooner. Start thinking about what youd like for dinner and plan for a few bad days. Dont over do it at once or youll get frustrated and quit. Just a few pointers, if you need any help, give me a holler! Also for motivation, i have read alot lately on how very bad being fat is. It is not a cosmetic issue. It can become a serious health issue.

Hi Chris and Neesy!!

Okay ladies so today was my fast food day. The fat grams are off the charts but the cals rolled in at 2052. So i am happy about that. The fat % was 37.

1/2 a fruit smoothie for breakfast, i had to run out the door to catch the bus! 2 cups of Coffee with 4 sweet n low and some creamer. Lunch was at toms, a burger place and at fitday I just input as close to what I could find as possible, fried onion rings(6) french fries, a 1/4 pound cheeseburger with vegis and condiments, diet coke. Dinner i feel a lil bad about cause I did run out of chicken til payday on thursday. I had 9 oz of rigatone, 1 cup of sphgetti sauce and vegis, no meat, 2 small homestyle biscuits with 2 tsp of 1/3 less fat butter. I am scared to look at the scale tomorrow! haha Really good on my walking though. 125 minutes today!!

Chris that is close to my aunt in Diamond Bar. What state are you in now? That was nice to help out a friend, lots of exercise too! Dont forget to try not to go under your 1200 though hun! Sounds good ladies!!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:00 AM   #40  

I came to my dads house. Here for the week. Way overate tonight and all were talking about is whats for lunch and ice cream, candy corn. Help. Im debating on taking the week off but that would make me feel guilty. I already feel like Ive failed. I guess I could try back tommorow on eating healthy.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:06 AM   #41  
I AM healthy!

Just get up and try again! My eating today wasnt too healthy but hey its my eating out day. Treat yourself once in a while!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:11 AM   #42  
Spurs Chick

S/C/G: 214/206/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMahfoud View Post
And are those weight watchers cakes any good. I just finally found some at the store but didnt buy them.
Hi, Sarah - I get the carrot cake ones, but I'm over in the UK so i don't know if they are any different here. I love them, they have this frosting on top that makes me feel that I'm being bad, when I know I'm not!

Good luck with the diet to all those who are finding it tough - try not to beat yourselves up about one bad day, and really try to forget about it all the next day and try again. Too many times I have thought the next day "ah well, I've broken it now, I may as well not start again till next week", and then eaten more than ever.

I had another fairly good day, calories were 1300, but I was annoyed at myself for not getting to the gym of taking the dog out on a long walk - it was pouring with rain all night. I did some abs exercises though, and I'll try again Wednesday at the gym.

Sign in again tomorrow!
FionaMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:15 AM   #43  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Oh sugarbaby, I feel for you I really do. I never really dieted for more than two weeks either, but I saw myself almost naked in a full length mirror, and that was my AHHHHH moment. This is my advice to you:

1st take it slow. Go to fitday.com and log in your daily food intake for 5-7 days, see what the average is for that time frame, then cut out 250 calories for the first week, then the second week go to 500 calories. If you try to cut everything out all at once it is more likely you will burn out.

For exercise start with 15 minutes of intentional workout, each week add 2 minutes until you make it to 30 or 35minutes when you start feeling comfortable with 30-35 minutes then add 5-10 more minutes.
Go for a short walk try to be brisk enough to get your heart rate up, but don't over do it.

Drink water. (I am a water junkie) It does so many good things for you. many people lose without drinking the reccomended 64 oz per day, but I say what can it hurt.

Create small daily goals for yourself. Mine this week is to take my multivitamin and B complex vitamin everyday, last week was no ice cream, next week will be clean my house "until it shines like the top of the Chrysler building!"

Write things down in a journal, I keep a simple chart in my journal I break it up for the days of the week and then :W.E.E.D. (water, exercise, eats, Daily goals) by logging stuff down I see what has worked and what has not worked. I also started keeping a list of positive things in my life my goal is 21 per week. some times it is hard other times it is easy but it has worked for me.
Weight loss takes time, but it is time worthwhile. We may have days that we are tested, **** we may even fail, but put that day behind you and start fresh in the morning it is afterall a new day.

And remember just because you think you "were bad" at one point in the day doesn't mean the whole day is lost. You can do it, you are worth it.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:20 AM   #44  
Rose

S/C/G: 156/150/135

Hi, I finally have time to get back on. My husband's birthday was this past Sat. and then on Sunday we had people over for the Bills game.

You ladies have been doing so great!!! I love reading these threads, they are so motivating.

I have been around 1300 in calories but I haven't been working out. I am planning on taking a cardio class today after work. Thank goodness my gym has a day care!

I love the WW lemon cakes with a cup of tea!
Rose2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #45  
Rose

S/C/G: 156/150/135

Nawchem -- they are my kids- David is 2 and Eve is 5 soon to be 6 on Christmas Day
Rose2 is offline   Reply With Quote