Old 11-02-2005, 10:00 PM   #31  
Ima bundle *' emotion

My day in summary:

Things I'm proud of:
-Did 18 minutes of exercise: 1 mi of Leslie Sansone Brisk Walk (good b/c I didnt want to do anything)
-Kept within day's caloric range (under/at 2100; more than 1950)
-Recording ALL food today

Things needing tweaking:
-Still allowing emotions to dictate my day (was so emotionally exhausted I didnt do much but concentrate on my diet)
-Wayyy under day's needed water intake (only drank one cup!)

Rosie
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:50 PM   #32  
Ima bundle *' emotion

I'm in for the exercise minutes challenge; My goal's 140 minutes for the week (I can't do daily). 18/140 done so far.

Julie: Sorry to hear about your stomache...hope you're feeling better

Elisha: Hope you get the house you want; sorry about your eating fiasco yesterday; hope today was better; yes my mother actually said i wasnt getting employed cause im fat...i think she's the LOL

TBJ: Good going on sticking to your minimal junk food diet

Betani: Hope your cold goes away soon so that you won't have to take that icky medicine and will feel more energized

MissGreen: Great goals; congrats on your loss so far

Wnnab: You aren't late for the challenge; take things one day at a time- habits are learned. I'm sure things will look up once you get the hang of things

MsRD: I'll try to make my stubborness work for me; but its hard. Good going on achieving your day's goals!

Don't kno if I'll be able to do personals each day. But it was fun writing to everyone who posted today. "See" ya tomorrow!

Rosie

Last edited by Extrinsic Rapture; 11-02-2005 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:11 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Evening everyone....
Missgreen & Wnnabthin

WOW ... lots of great comments. Unfortunately I don't have time to respond to everyone tonight (I've been procrastinating about doing homework for four nights now... and Saturday is coming), but I will try to keep up to date and let you know what's going on with me.

Yesterday, I ended up not journalling, because after I posted last night I had an "extreme hallowe'en treat attack" and didn't want to face all those calories ... so I just DIDN'T do it. I think I will use a book and just figure out the calories on line... maybe I'll JUST DO IT then.

Today wasn't too bad, although I did have I drank only 32 oz of water so far... okay I'm off to grab a big cup of herbal tea (counts for water).

I went for a brisk 15 minute walk during my morning coffee break. I'm going to try to go twice a day... my current walking partner isn't too reliable ... so I'm trading her in for a new one

Elisha .. Yup ... okay I'm in for 420 exercise minutes by next Tuesday, November 8th. Thirty minutes a day IS DOABLE. 15/420 todate

I'm doing some real "soul" searching about the real reason for my weight loss goals. It get's pretty obvious when you're 100 pounds over weight that there are health issues. And like I said "I'm old" but I'd like to get older ... and be healthy, happy and pain free. There's other things too, I'd like people to see me for who I am and not have to judge me on my "lack of control" over my food, I'd like to be seen as a confident and successful person, and face it there is definate prejudice in peoples' minds when you are obese. I'd like to think that I could get away from having to worry about what I eat by developing good life long healthy eating and exercise habits. I know I do enjoy eating healthy and exercising and enjoy the way it makes me feel when I JUST DO IT.... not just the euphoria (sp?) or high after exercising ... but the way that it makes me feel to be in CONTROL and SUCESSFULL at something that's important to me, personally.

Rosie Hang in there chickie.... You know that you can do anything that you try to. Don't let MOM get you down. It's funny, as a child I remember always knowing that I could do anything if I just tried hard enough. I know that it wasn't my Mom or Dad telling me those things, but I believe we all have "help" when we need it - so listen to your own intuitions and remember you have us all of us cheering you on. I'll never forget when Elisha finally told us about her "first big girl job". I know alot of my comments previous spoke about the attitudes towards heavy people, but attitudes are changing and people do look beyond the surface ... a lot of my comments are based on personal influencies when I was growing up... like I said "I'm old".

Hmm ... I said this was gonna be short :rofl3: I know verbal diahreah (sp)... I'm off to hit the books.... by the way I did jot down my food, exercise and water before I logged off here.... All is good in the world.

Last edited by JoyG56; 11-02-2005 at 11:17 PM.
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:22 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Exclamation Weight Loss Tip #20

Ever get the urge to snack on something crunchy while watching a movie or working at your desk? It might be part reflex and part hunger, but there's also something really satisfying about the act of chewing. Instead of reaching for chips or other high-calorie, high-fat snacks, try 2 cups of air-popped popcorn, 3 rice cakes, 1/2 cup of unsweetened cereal, or raw vegetables. You'll get the crunch you need without the calories!
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:03 AM   #35  
Voluptuous Vixen

Talking

Miss_Elisha: There was this episode on Oprah, about these people who thought they were SOOOO UGLY, they hated themselves, and its stopped them from living. Although, these people were REALLY good looking... Of course, I'm fat, and that to a lot of people its not beautiful... but to me, when I see overweight people, I think the opposite. And I think, overweight people are down on themselves unfairly, and wrongly, more like I am too. And its just not right.
In the past 2 years, I've taken HUNDREDS maybe even thousands of photos of myself. lol Its become one of my part time hobbies. I LOVE to record myself on webcam while I'm exercising, because it motivates me to exercise more... and then I watch it, and see how I can improve. But part of the transformation process, is the goal to feel more beautiful and to see more beauty in myself, and to feel happy and free and healthy of course comes first... but feeling ugly due to the weight, is an old, long time habit... and I just think it turns into a trap, and when someone feels ugly, they just get deeper in it...
I think its a huge thing with women and their weight. So I am putting a lot of effort on a daily basis on trying to feel pretty, HEAD TO TOE, not just on the head and face! lol
Most fat women have the prettiest faces, I've noticed, but they neglect the body... I'm starting to gain a new appreciation for the love and admiration of my body.
I think positivity and self love multiplies itself, and makes you want to love and pamper youself more. And thinking youre great and feeling great has to start somewhere.

Hey Joy! My moms bday is June 1st also! I love Gems! I'm doing the soul searching thing too. I drink tons of tea too. Have you ever tried Chocolate tea? I'm about to order some online. I'm a recovering chocoholic, I'm doing low glycemic, so I've detoxed the kitchen from things that are bad. I believe in, controlling the environment, because controlling the self takes a long time. But the environment is much easier to control, and it helps to eventually control the habits. I learned it from Dr Phil.
Oh my gosh, 420 minutes by Nov 8th? haha I think I can do 100 mins. But maybe not... maybe 60? I'm going to try anyway. If I did 420 minutes... I'd have to buy myself a gift. lol

MsRD: Thanks for the new challenge! I'm also glad youre finding your power and finding new ways to get remotivated! ME TOO! I'm about to get my 20 mins minimum for the day! Its not the 1 hour like I want, but I've definately made it a #1 priority to do the 20 minutes. I re-evaluated my daily priorities, and I'm seeing exercise as being as valuable and essential as going to the bathroom or eating.
If I slack off for 3 days, I feel it, and I start feeling negative and like I'm going backward.

Extrinsic Rapture: Hi Rosie! You know... things are changing. And some people are asleep to the movement. Plus size, full figured, bbw's are MUCH more admired and accepted and in demand... I joined a bunch of the BBW dating sites online, WOW, what luck! SWAMPS OF MEN! WORSHIPPING MEN! HOT MEN! lol And I met one, WHO ADORES ME and my shape and size and he knows my weight! WHo loves bbw women! NOW I know you didnt say anything about boys... but, its all relevant. Love and career, go hand in hand. The process of finding a job is the same as finding a guy! lol And I notice people think, I need to lose weight to start dating, or to do this, or that. Funny, we're in the JUST DO IT challenge. I don't think any weight should stop anyone from being gorgeous and successful. So as far as getting a job and being successful, I promise you, weight will not be an issue in the corporate world in NY. You'll totally get quality work. I have some curvy friends out there who rule the corporate world. So don't worry about it.
missgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:06 AM   #36  

OK ladies...

I was so busy yesterday with interviews(i am actually looking for p/t work after 10 yrs at home!) that i just wasn't able to post.

As for the excercise challenge--i have to say i am such a gym rat. I am there everyday almost 2 hours. I know you're thinking, ok 2 hours? I have made so many friends there we get to gabbing on the treadmill and i actually forget i am done and just keep on walking! lol

QOTD--I haven't and will not lose weight for a man, a job or anything. Its never happened that way and never will. However, I did lose weight for my kids. The days I refused to go to the pool because i felt huge and that all the other mothers would judge. All the amusement park rides i couldn't fit into. All the roller skating and laser tag games i sat out of because i just couldn't move. Those days are over! To me, losing weight and eventually reaching my goal means i can actually say yes to my children and live for them instead of sitting on the sidelines wishing i could.

OK so now that ive cried a bit....as far as food...did great yesterday. One of my mini goals is to ease up on the cheese. I swear I was a mouse in a former life! lol I controlled that yesterday.
Water--ladies I read what all of you posted for me about the water. I am going to try to keep a bottle with me at all times. I'll let you know if it works...if it does, anyone can do it cause i HATE water! lol

Well time to wake up the kids for school....

Connie
scale_challenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:16 AM   #37  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default OK...Time to Post!!!

Good Morning Chickies...
Because it IS a good morning whenever the sun shines! I've been sitting here reading all of these posts, but I've been thinking about exercising! Now...isn't that ridiculous? I should be down riding the bike, but decided I would post!

WAIT JUST A MINUTE HERE...I AM GOING TO STOP RIGHT HERE AND GO EXERCISE for 20 minutes!!! I'll be back!!!!

OK.........25 minutes later!!! I DID IT!!! I JUST DID IT!!! And I feel so much better....25 minutes on the bike! Lookit that smiley face!! LOL!
Yea me, Yea me!!

OK...For the question of the day:
What do you most want to accomplish by losing weight and why?
I feel like I'm repeating myself because I've been doing these challenges for quite some time , but for many of you, I'm a total stranger just like you are to me, so here goes:

1. To look better and wear a size 10!
2. Because my family's history is full of heart disease, obesity and diabetes.
3. Because I want to be fit so I can continue to do things with my DD when I am 60 and 70 years old.
4. Because I want to climb more mountains!
5. Because I don't want to end up in a Nursing Home (which is where I work) because I never took care of myself!
6. Because I don't want to end up with orthopedic problems and I want this Plantar Fascitis to go away!
7. Because I have never been below a size 14 in my whole adult life and I want to prove to myself that I can do it!
8. Because I deserve it.
9. Because I have failed so many other times at weight loss and given up...this time I will not give up!
10. Because I believe I can JUST DO IT!!!

I'm sure there are a million other reasons, but those were the 10 I could think of this morning!

My goals:
To lose 5 lbs by Thanksgiving and another 5 by Christmas! That way, I will be back down where I was at the beginning of the summer and then at the New Year, I can start to really kick it up a notch!

You all have been so inspiring to me with all that you have said and done! I'm so proud of each one of you for the work you have done and the weight you have lost (even if you have gained some back)!

Exercise Challenge by next Tuesday: (Does today count?) OK...I'm going to really step out here and say that I will exercise EVERY DAY for at least 20 minutes until next Tuesday! But I am going to TRY to get in a total of 160 minutes

Gotta fly chickies...DD needs to get to school!

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:08 AM   #38  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Default 22 Reasons You Might Stay Fat

This was posted on the journals a few weeks ago, I believe by happytx, but I am too lazy to go through all of those journals to find the reference for it! But no matter where it came from, this list is certainly something to think about.

1. You are still looking for a quick-and-easy solution to weight loss.
2. You think that diet and exercise are the only essential factors in weight loss.
3. You have not identified the psychological reasons that drive your eating patterns.
4. You have not learned to manage or heal the psychological reasons that drive your eating patterns.
5. You have a fear of or resistance to growing up and becoming a full adult.
6. You use food as a reward or a treat after any or all stressful events.
7. You think you can lose weight without making exercise a regular part of your day, every day.
8. You think you can lose weight by doing it “your way.”
9. You expect to lose weight without making significant lifestyle changes.
10. You refuse to learn to become a good receiver as well as a good giver.
11. You have never learned to be effectively and appropriately assertive.
12. You have not learned to express your anger in a healthy, honest fashion.
13. You have not learned to be self-nurturing except with food.
14. You are excessively self-critical.
15. You resist or refuse to take responsibility for your life.
16. You resist learning to love yourself.
17. You resist learning to love your body before it is thin.
18. You have not faced your inner fears of being thin.
19. You are certain that spirituality (a connection to a force greater than you) is irrelevant to weight loss.
20. You think you can lose significant weight without the support of others.
21. You have deep emotional wounds that you refuse to explore and heal.
22. You are not prepared to have weight be an issue that you will have to face each and every day of the rest of your life.

O.K., now you have some incredibly important information about yourself and what is blocking your weight loss. You now have a choice. You can get depressed and go into denial or avoidance and eat or you can choose to make a renewed and informed commitment to your growth and well-being. This decision could change your life and your body for good. Decide. You can do it.
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:21 AM   #39  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Awesome Elisha! Thanks for posting that list! I know there are at least a few of those items that apply to me!
Julie
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:59 AM   #40  
Bound and Determined

Good Mooooorrrrrnnnning Chicks!

What a beautiful day it is here in north-central West Virginia! The sun is shining, the air is cool and crisp (but not freeze-your-toes cold), I've got coffee, and I'm in a good mood!

I'll start out with comments, then move on to updates on yours truly.

Julie: WOOHOO! Way to go on the biking! And I know that a couple of us may be repeating ourselves on these questions/discussions, but I think that's ok. It's good to reaffirm your reasons for losing weight! It will help remind you of what you're doing and why, and that can help keep you on track.

Connie: 2 hours a day in the gym!?! Egads, woman! But hey, it's a good thing, so keep it up! I didn't know if you wanted to be counted in our exercise challenge or not, so I didn't put you in the tally. Which is perfectly fine--the whole point is to give those of us who aren't working out enough something to work towards and a reason to get off our behinds, so if you've already got that base covered, there's no need. Kids are a great reason to get healthy--that's part of my reasoning as well. My parents have always been overweight, and I know that the lack of healthy eating and exercise in my youth contributed to my unhealthy lifestyle now. I don't want to do that to my kids, I refuse. As for the water... stick with it for a couple days and you will acquire the taste. If not, you could always use unsweetened tea, Crystal Light, or some of the new calorie-free flavored waters, like Fruit2Oh or Aquafina Flavor Splash, or make some KoolAid with Splenda instead of sugar, or add some lemon, lime, or orange to your water. Lots of options!

Missgreen: My former job was managing a cosmetics department, and I absolutely love being girly and making myself feel pretty. I'm all about wearing nice perfume (read: I had to go half way across the country to get the perfume I want!), makeup, high heels, manicures, pedicures, facials, the whole nine yards. Ask anyone--almost all of the rewards I give myself are of the girly variety! What I'm trying to say is, I agree. We can, and SHOULD feel pretty no matter what we weigh. I might weight 215 pounds today, but I'm stinking H-O-T! And my wonderful BF, Steve, tells me every day! The truth is, guys *love* curvy women! At the bowling alley every week, all the guys let me go first, and I say it's because they want to look at my butt. Yep, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Joy: Thanks for adding the crunchyness tip! As an added bonus, I'll add a little tip of my own: to add flavor to air-popped popcorn without all the calories, add some LF Parmesan cheese--yummy, and a lot fewer calories than butter! Good job on the walking--15 minutes is a start! When my calories start to go bad my journaling always disappears too. Perhaps that is something we should focus on--journaling *no matter what.*

Rosie: 140 minutes is a fine goal! The point is to set a goal that challenges you, but is still realistic. It's not realistic for me to say I'll exercise daily either, because I know it isn't going to happen. But hey, 18 minutes is a good start! Keep it up and you'll have 140 minutes under your belt in no time! And it is hard to keep up with the individual comments every day, and we all know it, so if you slack off sometimes, no one is going to tazer you (we save that for slacking off on the diet and exercise ). It happens. But if you can keep us updated on what's going on with you, and post comments when you can, that's great. Heck, I hardly ever used to post comments, and no one kicked me out! Then I got a job not doing much of anything but sitting in front of a computer all day, so I've got considerably more time to comment now. Perhaps the same could happen for you, you never know. Can I ask, just for curiosity's sake, what field are you in?

MsRD: WTG! Sounds like a "green" day for you (to steal TBJ's terminology)! Are you in for our exercise challenge? As for eating out... it's not so much being tired for me, it's mainly just a time issue when we go out. Since we live about 25 minutes from town, if we go home, we usually don't go back out, so if there's something to do in town, it's so much easier to just eat out. We really are trying to cut down on eating out, both for financial and dietary reasons, but this week has just been a real bear. And now with the upcoming trip to Cincinnati, it's not going to get any easier. I will have to really focus on watching both the quality and the quantity of the food I'm eating. Once we get settled into our house, Steve and I are planning to have a regular night out, with an actual decent meal rather than fast food, but keep it down to about once every other week or so. I'd much rather do that anyway than waste my calories on fast food.

OK, did I get everyone who posted since my last post? I think so! If not, just yell at me. I'm feeling talkative today (Obviously), so it won't be hard for me to find something to say.

Now, on to... ME!!!

I did pretty well last night, at least for me. I had a few too many dried apricots (I love those things) for a snack, but it's fruit so I'm not too guilty about that. Dinner was Subway, as I predicted, but they were out of turkey (can you believe that?), so I had roast beef instead. The nutrition chart says they have the same calories, so it's all good. And some baked potato chips, since they didn't have any SunChips. *sigh* Guess I'll have to go to Quizno's if I want SunChips with my sub. Anyway, at the football game (which we won 45-13, Go 'Eers!), I skipped food in favor of hot chocolate, since I was freezing. I did, however, have 2 small bites of Steve's Philly cheesesteak hoagie. And if you know me, that's an accomplishment, because cheesesteak hoagies are my favorite.

Lunch yesterday was ok, but there was still that Halloween candy issue. I had a mini Butterfinger, a mini KitKat, and a few Hershey kisses with almonds. It would have been worse, but the rest of the office picked out everything but the Krakle bars and the plain kisses, neither of which I'm crazy about, so I suppose that was a good thing.

Oh, and I was hungry when I got home, so I had a little bit of chicken broccoli rice casserole that Mom had fixed for dinner. Like I've said, it had chicken, broccoli, and rice, therefore my mom thinks it's completely healthy. Even if it is smothered in cheese. But it's a step in the right direction, so I'm not really complaining. If I complain, she'll just stop cooking altogether, so I'd rather not.

Today, I'm already a little over my calorie budget, and I haven't eaten anything entirely bad. Coffee with skim milk, 1/2 a bowl of LF granola cereal with skim milk, and whole wheat toast with peanut butter. Lunch is more of the chicken broccoli rice stuff, only with more chicken and less stuff this time. I have an apple for a snack, oh, and a Diet Dr. Pepper--yummy!

I don't know what dinner will be yet. This morning Mom was complaining because we didn't have anything for dinner and she would have to go to the store. Umm, did she think to check the freezer? I distinctly remember planning meals for 2 weeks and buying enough food for all of those meals. We have a freezer chock full of food! So I told her to pick something from the list that we haven't already had in the past few days, and if she needed help, I can help cook when I get home.

I am absolutely NOT going out to eat tonight or tomorrow! I have a couple of recipes I want to try, so if I end up cooking, great. If Mom cooks, that's fine too. But I am NOT going out.

And Steve has band practice tonight, so I will be left peacefully alone this evening. Time to exercise! Woot! Yourself!Fitness, here I come! I'm excited! (And how often do I say that about exercise? Not very! This is a good thing.)

In other news... we're not leaving for Cincinnati until early afternoon on Saturday, so I will be able to exercise Saturday morning, and we should be back late on Sunday, so perhaps I can exercise then too. Although I may not exercise Sunday, since we've got bowling, and if I exercise today, tomorrow, and Saturday, I'll most likely use Sunday as a rest day. Yep, that's the plan. OK, so let me add up my forecasted minutes... 180 minutes. That's my goal. I didn't exercise yesterday, but I did make a deal with a friend to do 20 crunches before bed, and I DID! Yay Me!

I'll post our exercise challenge minutes in a separate thread, but right now I've gotta run--meeting time! Have a lovely day, chickies!
~Elisha
Old 11-03-2005, 10:01 AM   #41  
Bound and Determined

Arrow Exercise Challenge

Minutes are listed Actual/Goal

Joy: 15/420
Rosie: 18/140
Missgreen: /100
Julie: 25/160
Elisha: /180
TBJ: /140

Group Total: 58/1140

Last edited by miss_elisha; 11-03-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:14 PM   #42  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Ah, good morning, it is a nice day here and I have some serenity at the moment, for which I thank God. Mornings are beautiful in this part of Honolulu. It's pleasantly cool, with a nice breeze wafting in off our lanai. The sun is morning-golden and the light is soft. Mmm.

Hubby and I watched "Legend of Zorro." Funny movie! I thought it would be a no-brainer, but the humor was witty. Hubby and I really liked it. Sometimes movies surprise you that way -- "Pirates of the Carribean" and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" were the same way for me.

My exercise goal for the week is 140 minutes.
Group goal: 58/1140.
Personal goal: 0140.

Elisha -- Good for you for doing well at the game. Hot chocolate sure is a better choice than buttery popcorn and a sandwich and a pop and a hotdog and some fries and more and more and more! Isn't it depressing how many calories hotdishes can have? Cheese, broccoli, and rice go so well together, but, ah, the fat! I posted some relatively healthy hotdish recipes in the Vegetarian recipes forum. They are nice and goopy, so they have that hotdish feel, but they aren't too bad.

Julie -- Heh heh, wtg on your "aha" moment and exercising. I am so rooting for you to reach that size 14. Just imagine the new clothing options. You will have so much fun! You have to share that moment with us, 'k? How far do you have to go?

Connie -- What a touching story about how you feel about your children. And cheese, yep, hard to stop eating the stuff. Apparently it does have an addictive chemical (casomorphine SP?), which explains why it's hard to give up the stuff. So many people I know, in the vegetarian community and in the better-eating community in general, say that they wish they could stop eating cheese. I'm with you on the goal to cut down on the stuff.

Miss Green -- Hey, it's nice that you have so many pictures of yourself! A lot of us don't... it's sad not to see pictures of us with our loved ones.

Joy -- Ooo, your goal about being pain-free as we age made me realize that I have that goal, too. My parents have diabetes and bad joints. Other overweight seniors I know have joint pain, exhaustion, depression over their bodies. And then there are my husband's grandparents, who grow and eat their own organic vegetables and go for a walk every day. They are in their late eighties, and fine. Wouldn't it be nice to grow old in that way?

Rosie -- You are way realistic about exercise. You'll reach your goal. Good point about emotional eating... I just had a problem with that yesterday. A lot of us seem to know that we have problems with emotional overeating, but what can we do about it besides thinking and talking? I am looking for advice rather than the chipper ol' "Exercise instead! " because that idea is NOT working for me.

MsRD -- Good for you on your successful day.

Wnnbthin -- Welcome. Dressing rooms... stores should put curtains in front of dressing rooms, so that we can draw back the curtain AFTER we've changed clothes. That little change would save so many women emotional trauma.

Well, those are the comments for people who've posted as far back as the "reply" screen records. If I missed anyone, sorry!

AAAAAAAARGH!

(What was that?)

OOOWWWWWW!

(Huh?)

EEEEEEEEAAAAARRRRGHGHGHGOWOWOWOW!!!

(It's that blasted tazer! Must be punishment for my completely awful disgusting failure yesterday! Um, the day involved a used car salesman and emotional overeating. I need to deal with the emotional overeating, and "do something else instead" isn't working for me. Advice would be appreciated.)

*TBJ rubs her sore butt and glares at the tazer.*
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:25 PM   #43  

Another pretty good day here!

Elisha...totally fine not to include me in the exercise challenge...that one i do have beat as i LOVE to go to the gym.

Don't worry ladies, I may have the exercise thing down, but man is that candy the kids have calling my name. lol I will resist...i will resist

As for the water...not a great day, but I actually do drink plenty of the crystal light stuff in water..does that count? please please say it counts lol

OMG I had a small...tiny really...amount of cheese today...TBJ...thanks for helping with my addiction theory..I KNEW IT! LOL

Well its time to make dinner....so far so good, but night time is my worse time just like so many of you...so we shall see....

Connie
scale_challenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:56 PM   #44  
Ima bundle *' emotion

My day in summary:

Things I'm proud of:
-Did 23 minutes of exercise: yoga/cardio; thats a personal week's total of 41/140 min.
-Recording ALL food today (no matter how mischievous)
-Actually did something today! (Searched for jobs online; gotta apply to them tomorrow)
- Got in all 66 fl oz of water!

Things needing tweaking:
-Had wayy too much pizza (i usually let myself eat whatever I want on thursdays but I went toooooo far with 5 slices!!!)
-Still not emotionally sound (heck, I don't think I ever am) but I'm just feeling REAL alone

Well aside from that, I look forward to tomorrow and Saturday. I plan to go out. Well friday is errands day for me so I HAVE to go out but Saturday I get to chit chat with an associate. I'll have to lower my cals tomorrow to balance things out; wish me luck with that one

Rosie
Old 11-03-2005, 09:33 PM   #45  

Hello!

Is it Thursday already? Yikes! I splurged and bought myself a new pair of exercise shoes....and it really makes 30minutes w/Leslie much less painful! Speaking of exercise, put me down for 240 minutes for the challenge.....and I did 30 minutes yesterday and another 30 today.....60/240

Rosie....good going on the exercise. I think it should count double when you exercise when you don't want to.....hmmm?

Joy.....420 minutes? Wow! and double Wow, because I know you can do it! Thanks for the good weight loss tip......I used to chop up celery and eat it while watching tv and it was always just as satisfying.

MissGreen.....We aren't in a race to see you can rack up the most exercise minutes.....we all have to be aware of our own limitations and concentrate on consistency instead. You are so right in trying to develop a positive self-image....just because we feel we have 'failed' in the weight control aspect of our lives should not mean we are less of a person in any other way.

Connie....I am so impressed with your exercise regimen! when it comes to exercise, I am still a work in progress I hear you on the cheese.....so totally addictive! I have been buying mozzarella string cheese.....it is all individually wrapped and only 80 calories and makes a perfect snack!

Julie......You made me smile when you stopped everything and went to exercise! You broke the 'not exercising cycle' ....doesn't it give you a tremendous sense of power!

Elisha....Wow! The 'reasons you might stay fat' really hit home with me! Just by seeing it in print gives me areas that I know I should work on....just to be a better person.

TBJ.....ha! That tazer can sneak up on you! I can really relate to emotional overeating.....it just happens, and no matter how I try to make myself stop, my hand keeps shovelling food in my mouth. My only answer is to purge your house of unhealthy snacks and treats.....at least then you will be overeating on semi-nutritous stuff....hopefully, minimizing the damage.

Calories today came in at 1500.....according to my calculations, that amount of calories (plus exercising every day) CONSISTENTLY, should equate weight loss. Patience has never been my strong suit, so I have to remind myself that healthy weight loss happens slowly and steadily.....rapid weight loss means losing water weight or muscle tissue, rather than fat. I'm still aiming for a 5lb loss by the end of November.....a very do-able goal!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote