Old 11-02-2004, 12:02 AM   #16  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Yay! Day one was a good one. Exercise, calories, water, all good. I had to fight myself into exercising today, but I did it, and that is all that matters.

And now I'm way tired. So I'll be back in the morning. Have a good night, everyone. And congrats on a great first day!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 04:33 AM   #17  

Hey peeps!

Not a terrible day one for me. I ate under 1400 calories and that's with over 200 in alcohol. Not that alcohol is good in itself but it means I'm sure I can get under 1200 a day without it. Didn't do any specific exercise but I did happen to walk at least 2.5 miles and cycle 4. I drank a decent amount of water too.

This time I'm going to actually do this! I don't want just to be not fat I'd like to be slim

When is Thanksgiving?

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:58 AM   #18  

Dill, the actual date is November 24th. What made me think we should in all fairness to ourselves make the challenge last till the end of the month?? (need more time here! LOL)

Today my daughter is out of school because it's election day. Now, why is that? I can't go vote because I would not want her to have to stand in a long line and also I can't go for my weigh in today because I have her here. So, I will weigh in tomorrow and vote later when I drop her off at acting workshop.

Been doing great with the food and water.

I'll check in later. It's hard to post now with daughter home! LOL

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:19 AM   #19  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Day 2 How are you?

I did pretty good yesterday. Even went for a walk on the Rails To Trails path yesterday with Pooh, while we waited on my vehicle at Meineke. Ended up with three actual pedometer miles and two from the WATP. Ate pretty much on program and only slacked on the water intake. It's always hard on my week ends to drink enough water. Back to work today and that means I'll be more disciplined. Plus I'm working a whole week straight, (no days off) and more than likely a double on Saturday, so I won't have a chance to cheat or slack off. Gotta go get this day started. Good luck to everyone. And Donna, we'll be weighing in on the same day, this week. Good luck to you.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:28 AM   #20  

I feeeel good ~da da da da da ~ like I knew that I would ~da da da da da. Got up this morning, did 1 mile WATP and ate breakfast and I feel GREAT. (Except for when I read the scale this morning. I went up 2 pounds since I weighed last month.) But this month will be different. I'm 30 now, time to be mature!!!!! Here is my plan for today:
AM - 1 mile WATP
B - 2 eggs, 2 thin slices of lf ham, 1/2oz. cheddar cheese, 1 slice marble bread
S - FF yogurt, apple
L - either salad or 1/2 sandwich and soup
S - harb boiled egg
D - grilled chicken, salad and some kind of side dish, maybe garlic rosemary roasted potatoes
PM - I'm going to aim for the 3 mile WATP after work (I have never tried it before, anxious to see how far I can get before I drop).
Miss Elisha I'm right behind you with the exception of the substitution of one word. I know we can! I know we can! I know we can! Happy weight loss everyone!!
sparked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:38 AM   #21  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Motivation level: 7

Hmm... I just don't know this morning. I have lots of things to do today (today being my day off), I just don't know what order I want to do them in. Going down to Grandma's in a little while, voting on the way. Mom wanted us to do some sewing--hemming some pants, making some pillows, little stuff, but if she doesn't start fairly soon I'm going to have to miss that session., or move it to this evening. We'll see. Exercise is going to be this evening. Food will be good today, and water.

Umm.... I don't know what to say this morning. There's a lot on my mind, and it's all running together.

Oh! I have another goal for the month: don't weigh every single day! I didn't weigh this morning, hopefully I can stay away from that blasted scale for at least a few days.

Anyway, time to go do stuff now. Everyone have a great day. GO VOTE!
~Elisha
Old 11-02-2004, 10:24 AM   #22  
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning! It's a wonderful Day 2, and I'm so full of enthusiasm! Got up with the first ring of the alarm, which is next to unheard of with me. I LOVE this time change...when 6am is really 6am and not some ungodly hour of the day. LOL.

Got up, and did 1.5 miles of WATP with the stretchie. Went and shuffled my feet on line to vote- I got there at 7am, and didn't get to "pull my lever" until 8:04. Had the new touch screens, and they were pretty cool. You kinda had to press pretty hard to get it to register, so I can see these 800 year olds who were ahead of me struggling to push hard enough to get their vote counted. LOL. Got accosted by a little old letch trying to put the sticker right on my boob- dirty old fart. Even worse, it was a shriveled old woman trying to aim it there. Florida...what a state!

When I left the poll....I went to the Burger King drive thru. Now before you all start yelling at me, all I got was a large diet coke. The stupid soda machine here has been broken for more than a week, and I don't function without my morning caffeine. It's not a pretty sight. So, I spent 1.32 on the 32oz diet coke, and I have a new plastic cup for my water here at the office. I can finally retire the other one I was using.

Got here, had my fudge graham Zone bar, 1/3 cup of Kashi Strawberry Fields cereal, and I just now got back from the ladies' room, having had 32oz of diet coke, and 32oz of water. Well, maybe just 30oz, cuz I can still see a little in the bottom of the cup. Will refill when I am done typing.

813 steps logged so far, too. Woo Hoo. Lunch is chili & brown rice, with a hint of fat free shredded cheddar. Yummy. I need more fruit, but it will have to wait until this weekend, or Monday, when I can go shopping.

Today when I leave work, I have another date with the WATP, and I might even get on the bike for a quick jaunt. Feels good to be moving, even if I am a little stiff this moring.

Oh- Lucy- Chickarina soup- Click here & scroll down to the Progresso Italian Soups....it's a chicken soup with meatballs, small pastina, celery & carrots. You can add extra veggies to it- we add a little parmesan cheese because, well, hubby is italian, and if you can't put parmesan cheese on it, it apparently isn't worth eating!

Time to refill the water and get my journal entry written. I'll be back after lunch!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #23  

Heya

Just a couple of questions you might be able to answer
1. Does herbal/fruit tea count for water?
2. What is a good cheap and low calorie way of getting protein?

Thanks

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:26 PM   #24  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Chickies! Well last challenge sucked.. since I gained 17 or so lbs back! Yep but that's me... can gain more in a month than I can lose in 3 mths. So here I am again. Not in a good mood today chickies so you all have to excuse my grumpiness! I didnt exercise yesterday, but today I'm all for it. I need to relose the same freaking weight again. I want to be at 140 by my birthday... November 20th.. but I doubt it. It takes me extremely longer to lose weight that it does to gain.. plus it takes even longer to "relose" the same weight. I have a while to go so I better get a move on. I"m glad Halloween is over with! So... my goal is just to exercise a minumum of 5 days a week, drink water, eat right, lose weight! Basics! LOL Talk with you all soon!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 04:52 PM   #25  
LucyKitty

Jennifer -- YAY! I finally know what it is!! And they don't sell it here... Go figure!

Dilleight -- I have a couple of good ideas for you. Shrimp is good (and if you get it on sale, cheap), high protein, low fat, super yummy. Same w/ chicken (skinless), but higher calories. Shrimp have very, very low calorie content to them!

Went to the doctor. YAY! I've had my blood drawn to double-check on my stuff, just to make sure, and I'm seeing a dietician sometime in the next week or two. ALSO... rad, RAD RAD RAAAAD news from me!

I never really weighed myself in high school. I just kind of assumed I was at around 125-135. Turns out I was at 155, when I was the perfect size and everything!!!

I ONLY HAVE 20 POUNDS LEFT TO LOSE!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! *Does a happy dance*

Now for the icky news. I have a sliver in my left first finger and it hurts. *whine* I am hopping off to attempt to dig it out with a needle or tweezers. I think it's glass, which sucks much more than a sliver of wood.

ANyway, hope you all GOT OUT THERE AND VOTED today! Take care chickies, I'll see ya soon!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:01 PM   #26  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Fingler sliver

Try good old Elmer's white glue on that sliver. When it dries, it'll draw it out. Doesn't always work, but better than digging with a needle. At least, try it first before you dig. Good luck
Old 11-02-2004, 06:47 PM   #27  

well I did my taebo and did some pushups (1 more then I could do the last time so that is improvement) I am going to walk since I don't want to watch tv tonight. I will walk alot. Once my daughter gtes tired of being in the garage I will stop and do more when she is in bed. I want to get about 5 in but I am not going to push myself to the point where I won't run tomorrow since it is my day to do intervals (hopefully about 4 miles of running in there but I won't get my hopes up yet). I am feeling good though and that is what is important!
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:39 PM   #28  
Bound and Determined

Evening chicks!

Today was ok. Went to Grandma's, got some stuff worked out, so that's good. Took my fat summer clothes to Goodwill, because next summer I am NOT going to be a size 18. I also got my beach pictures back (yes, I know, it takes me forever to get film developed), and I actually look pretty good in them, except for my flabby arms... grrr. Food was ok today. I think I'm at about 1450 (1400 being my set budget for now), but I haven't exercised yet today and I've got about 840 calories in the bank. Then again, now that my metabolism has stopped, maybe I should aim for all the calories in the bank I can get.

I'm tired today. Tomorrow is my day off from exercise, and it's what works best with my work schedule, so I will exercise today.

Food:
Breakfast: coffee w/creamer, salami, cheese, LF mayo on red. cal. wheat toast
Lunch: 2 1/2 bottles of water, triscuits w/pickled ramps (WV specialty!), steak, baked potato w/sour cream, salad w/ranch dressing (Grandma felt like cooking a meal, but I couldn't stay late, so we had a big lunch.)
Dinner: small piece of leftover lasagna, ice cream bar, water

I haven't walked much today... a little less than 1 mile so far, although it's still early. And as I said, I've yet to exercise. I've got other stuff to do too, like putting away laundry, so I'm sure I'll rack up a bit more, plus 2 stairclimber miles, 2 sets of Slendercises, and an UB circuit.

I know I'll have energy once I start exercising, but right now I'm just feeling beat. That means that tomorrow is definitely time for a day off. Heck, today is probably time for a day off, but oh well, it doesn't fit into my schedule this week. I figured out next week's schedule though, and for the rest of this week and through next week it's 2 days on/1 day off, which is the schedule I want (and it happens to fit with my work schedule too, how convenient is that?). I hate not having a regular shift at work. Everything has to be so complicated.

Anyway, I'm gonna get going, get something else accomplished. I'll be back to post after I finish today's exercise. Have a great evening, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 11-02-2004, 07:50 PM   #29  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi chickies! I had a good day today. My eating was right on, and I even got in my water!! Yea!! My steps are not as high as they were the last challenge, and I have been puzzled as to why this is. I have come off of my arthritis medicine Vioxx, due to the recall on it. I have tried another med, but it was expensive, and didn't seem to help much. Soooo...I have been just trying some Aleve, but I am sore and stiff. I think this is why I am not getting in as many steps. Anyway...I feel like I am on track with the new challenge, which makes me feel really good! I whined (not out loud) secretly today about my water, but I chugged it down anyway!

Gosh, I love this new time change! There is so much more time in the day!! LOL!!!

I'm proud of you guys. Let's keep this up!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:51 PM   #30  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Quiet evening at work. Feeling a little better

Having a nice quiet (well, sort of quiet) evening at work. One of my officers brought me a French Vanilla Cappuccino . Oops! I can't very well refuse it, the little guy doesn't drink them himself. So I guess I'll have to count it on my 35 Flex Points for the week. I spent the first part of my shift reading and posting in Chick's journals. I like doing that. Having the time to do it is a luxury. I'd die (or at least fail miserably on my diet ) without the Chicks.

I've been doing a little pacing, trying to keep my mileage up. But so far, I've only chalked up a mile (1.1). But at least I'm moving. Didn't feel well this morning and had to go back to bed . So being UP let alone here at work is a good thing. I've got a salad and 1 1/2 grilled skinless, bone-less chicken breasts with my name on them. But I don't want to eat it in front of the sniffer dog, he'll cry. Poor guy. But he's great company. Maybe I'll eat if he leaves. Maybe he'll have to suffer WHILE I eat, LOL. Love ya dog, but a turtle has to eat!