Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 09:48 PM   #226  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Unhappy Not thrilled, but at least not sulking too much now

I'll get over this by morning, I'm sure. It'll sting for a while, but I guess now that #s out in the open, and I know where I stand. I just wish that a frigging metal and glass contraption didn't the power to turn my mood 180 degrees in a single moment.

((( Julie ))) Thank you. I needed that. And I desperately need everyone here in our group. I've got great support here- and I can't thank you enough for being here when I need to be unreasonable, and mope.

Now, I could just wallow. Wouldn't have been the first time. Or I could have turned to food for comfort- grilled cheese and a bag of steak fries. Or worse- McDonald's greasy double cheeseburger, and a bucket of fries. And a hot fudge sundae. Nope, I let it sink in. I let the reality of the number work it's way into my head. It's ingrained now. And I know that drowning my sorrows in food is not going to make that number go down any. Do I want to see that creep up? **** no!

Dinner:
(Crying makes you less hungry- diet tip #1 for tonight )
1 can chickarina soup
10 7 grain wheat thins
1 oz fat free swiss cheese
5 slices turkey pepperoni
32oz caffeine free diet pepsi.

Then, I laced up my sneakers, put the sports bra on, and my old size 22 leggins that fit like sausage skins, and a t shirt, and did the 2 mile WATP tape with the ab belt. Did everything...and I'm not as purple as I used to be.

When I was doing the tape I made sure I was noticing that I can lift my legs higher...and keep the pace of the 2 miles in 28 minutes. I really, really can't let that scale get to me and sabotage all my effort. Do I hate being that weight? Oh yeah. Do I want to get that weight down? Oh yeah. Have I done some amazing things in 65 days? Yes- in a big way. But I seem to be forgetting, or discrediting them. So I need to remind myself, and I'm going to do this publicly, for all to see.

Things Jennifer has accomplished so far in 2004
1. Committed to a healthier lifestyle
2. Committed to following the Zone plan that has proven to work for me in the past.
3. Committed to exercise religiously for the first time ever.
4. I can now walk 2 miles in 28 minutes without stopping to sit down and wheeze/pant/pass out, where in January, I could not do a half mile without several stops.
5. I have more energy now than I did before
6. I am drinking my water and limiting caffeinated drinks
7. I am building support around me to help lift me up when I fall
8. I am giving support to others to help lift them when they fall
9. I am putting myself, and my health, at the top of my priority list.
10. Clothes fit better, and I am fitting into smaller sizes
11. My husband supports what I am doing, and is encouraging me
12. I have made friends here at 3FC who I turn to instead of food

I'm sure there's more, but that's the quick list that came to me.

And here's my positive reinforcement...it took hubby to do the math on the chart that I was keeping. I saw inches lost, but never bothered to add the whole thing up. Since January 1, when we did the measurements, to February 29 when we did the March measurements, I am down 30.66 inches.

30 inches. That's nothing to sneeze at. I've worked hard, and I have accomplished something, even if it's not as much as I thought. I had planned on 2 years...and I can make it, if I keep working at it. It's not going to be easy, but I have so much support that I know it's not going to be as hard as doing it on my own.

Now, I'm going to go see if my bike will whisper sweet nothings to me while I ride, and try to make me feel better.

I have the best support network in the world here. Hugs to you all!

Old 03-05-2004, 11:04 PM   #227  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Phew!

I thought we'd lost her for a few hours, but she's back and look at her go! That Jennifer, Mama Jennifer, Bike Hussy...whatever we want to call her! She's our coach and our motivator and I'm so glad she's back doing what she does best...thinking positive! That didn't take long!

We are all so proud of you Jennifer! You are an amazing strong and beautiful woman! All those things you listed are so awesome. I am sure there are plenty more of them, too! I think we all should list our accomplishments since our little challenge here. It's good to see what we have accomplished!

Julie's SFC Accomplishments
1. Started setting small goals and attaining them.
2. Devloped some awesome friendships and support here.
3. Increased my water intake daily.
4. Increased my endurance with exercise and now exercise 5-6 days a week.
5. Have done some heavy introspection work which has given me so much more self confidence related to my body image.
6. Bought a couple new items of clothing...in a smaller size!!!
7. Gained the support of hubby through obvious results which required perseverance and not giving up this time!
8. Deeper love for myself and others & God!

I hope the rest of you can see that you have accomplished things in the short amount of time we have been doing this. This is such an awesome group and you all deserve to be commended! Way to go!

Night all! Catch you in the morning!
Old 03-06-2004, 10:31 AM   #228  
motomom

Default Sat AM check in

Last to post last night and first in this morning. You all must have lives!! LOL! Well, I have done my 30 minutes on the bike along with my weights and toning exercises already. the biked kicked my a** this morning. I couldn't get in the groove...don't know why! I kept putting the resistance down so I didn't have to work so hard...and I didn't even go the full 10 miles! Rats! Maybe I will try again later today!

Food plan for the day:
B-fast (already eaten) oatmeal, pecans, raisins, cranberries, milk, splenda. Yum!
Will skip the am snack cause I ate too late this am!
Lunch: Maybe a turkey & cheese quesadilla with salsa! I use low carb tortillas and spray it with spray butter. Yum!
Snack: Apple & peanut butter
Supper: Something healthy. I have some summer squash that needs to be cooked up, so will do that and maybe some chicken on the grill (maybe I will grill the squash, too!) or some raspberry chicken.

Well, should probably go take a shower and get things going this morning!

Hugs to all!
Old 03-06-2004, 12:52 PM   #229  
northernclipper

Default Stay on track teacher

Hello ladies

The weekend is here so lets enjoy it and look after our own needs for a change.

Jennifer don't you let that scale get you down( you don't like it, you love your bike and your bike is better to you. . I read your list and you missed
1-great person and friend
2-great motivator and friend
3-great worker and friend
4 - has great attitude and shares it with friends
5-has a loving family who doesn't care what the scale says and neither does her friends

When you improved your health , got more energy and could move faster, and kick higher you lost need of the scale. You found your inner strength and found the measuring tape is the important factor ,not the scale. Remember,faster, leaner, healthier and wearing a size smaller is more rewarding than the needle moved.

Jennifer you have always been there for us and we are here for you. Don't get down on yourself and stay op YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

Julie what a great idea "an accomplishment list " yours looks great. Keep up the good work you're on track and on op. Your also right about our leader the bike hussy! she turned it around because she knew the scale just a tool. ( and not a very like able one)

My accomplishment list

1 Started and follow ww
2 Started nightly quick walk
3 follow a excerise program
4 drinking lots of water( never touched the stuff before)
5 only drink decaf tea and coffee now
6 cut back on carb
7 1 size smaller pant size
8 lost 2 inches
9 lost 11 pounds
10 Better health
11 Great support site

Have a great weekend friends

Last edited by northernclipper; 03-06-2004 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:43 PM   #230  
LucyKitty

Jennifer... don't be so sad!! You'll get there, and you're right about the support -- you do have all of us. Cheer up, my dear. You're doing a great job, and if you keep it up, then that scale won't even matter. =)

My hair appt. got moved to Friday night 'cause my friend has a raging bladder infection and can't sit up w/o pain. That's fine.. I don't want my friend to feel like crap! And we talked about what colors to use, etc., so I'm not gonna do the green anymore. *G*

I worked SO HARD yesterday! I cleaned, super-ultra-deep cleaned, for over 5 hours straight, with only a 20-min break in the middle for lunch and a bottle of water. I did really well with food yesterday, and didn't even feel guilty for not using the bike. I got a really good workout from that deep cleaning!

Today, no formal workout, but we're going to head out and do some errands here, then go on a walk with the doggie, weather permitting.

Yay for the weekend!!
Old 03-06-2004, 05:43 PM   #231  
motomom

Default An afternoon alone!

I almost forgot what it feels like to not have a schedule to keep or that Ineed to get home to my family today! It was so nice to just go shopping and look at and try on whatever I wanted with no pressure! Ahhhh! I used to "medicate" by shopping back when I was single and no responsibilities! Now I have DH and a BUDGET to answer to! EGADS! Oh well.

My (only) friend at work loves Tommy Hilfiger clothes. She's addicted to them! She keeps telling me to go treat myself with some. I am not a "name brand" shopper, just for the sake of owning something with a name on it. I buy if they fit...you know! So anyway, there's a dept store here in town with a selection of TH clothes. So, since I had time today, I went in there and tried on some stuff. 16 (the regular, non-fat women's size) was too small, so I looked around for 18's. They didn't have any in that dept., so I wandered through the store and found that they had a Women's selection of TH clothes. I got a little excited and grabbed a bunch of stuff (much of it was on clearance). So...18 women's...too BIG in most of the pants! That was kind of fun! I couldn't find any 16 women's jeans that were my length (short!) But...I don't think I will be buying any TH clothes. They really don't fit me great. The waist was too big if the butt fit and the butt was to small if the waist fit...on most things ! HA! I have that hour glass figure (yea right! maybe if I were about a size 6!!!)

So, anyway. Our supper plans have changed. We are going out for burgers. I will probably get one and not eat the bun and then have a salad! That sounds good, eh? Then we are heading to a "Life's too short" party with his friend. I think that's a good idea, don't you??? Apparently his sister just recovered from some sort of cancer and now his BIL has throat cancer, so they just wanted to have a party. Can't think of a better reason!

Lucy--can you come "deep clean"...or for that matter, just top clean my house!? LOL! I really need to take some time to do that around here. So much dog hair (2 Huskies and a cat) and dust! Yuck! When it warms up a bit, I will!

Northern--great list for you, too! I like your add ons to Jennifer's list! She is a great motivator, isn't she? She should do her own website!!!

Will talk to you all in the morning. Hugs to all!
Old 03-06-2004, 07:30 PM   #232  
"workin' on my fitness"

Angry Saturday Evening Chill Out

Evening, chickies.

Good news- I got another school lesson done. The 2 classes I'm taking right now are "Information Design" and "Web Design I." 1 lesson done for each class now, and I need to come up with a multi page website for a final project in Web Design. Be careful Julie- don't encourage me to do my own site! LOL

Last night, I did 15 minutes on the bike before calling it a night. 4.279 miles. I'll be on it again tonight & tomorrow, so I'll have to keep tabs & post my total weekend on Monday.

NorthernClipper- I like what you added to my list. Thank you for propping me up when I needed it! And 11 pounds- I must have missed some of those- you've got awards coming- trade in some of those single pounds, girl! Let's see where the heck this board puts the attachments I added- wherever they show up, they're for you!- corrected to show the 6 pounds as NC pointed out to me. Oops! I guess I just want everyone to be "big losers"

Lucy- when you're done with your cleaning, and Julie's, want to come to Florida and do my house? LOL- I don't know where you get this energy! Hope you do get out to do the doggie walk.

I slept like a rock last night between the exercise, and crying- tip #2- crying makes you sleepy. But I'm past that, and moving forward, full speed ahead. At least now at the end of the month I can post a pound loss, as well as an inch loss. Gotta find that silver lining, right? Not the lightning in the cloud waiting to zap me in my sore a**! LOLOL

Hubby is napping now, so I think I'm going to do my 2 mile WATP now and hope he doesn't wake up to me looking silly. Then, I'll hit the bike. I have 2 of the 3 Lord of the Rings DVDs, and I figure I can bike for ages with that on the TV...I might make it to Georgia by the end of the month if I pedal through the trilogy

Tomorrow I might try to get another school lesson done, depends on how I feel when I get up. My stomach is tight & I don't know if it's from the 3 small pieces of sugar free low carb chocolate I had with hubby. I'll know before the end of the night if that's what's bugging me. Either that, or the WATP ab belt was too tight...it's gotta be one or the other.

Have a wonderful night chickies, and again, my deepest thanks to you all for being here, doing this with me. I hope we stick together until we're all where we need to be. I can't ask for better friends, you know?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg _gerber1lb.jpg (4.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg _gerber5lb.jpg (5.6 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by **Jennifer**; 03-06-2004 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:31 PM   #233  
"workin' on my fitness"

aha! Now I know...I can do individual posts for each person's awards, so that all of them can be posted!

Ok, I'm easily amused some days...
Old 03-06-2004, 08:31 PM   #234  
northernclipper

Hello Jennifer

I don't what to cheat I only lost 6 lbs since Feb 16/04. The other 5 lbs I lost in Jan/04. If I didn't earn them in this challenge I shouldn't get the rewards.

Happy to see you're back to your upbeat self.

Thanks and have a nice evening.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:56 PM   #235  
"workin' on my fitness"

ok, fixed- 10 pounder replaced with a 5 pounder to make 6

Thanks for keeping me straight....I'm having a hard time scrolling back through 235 posts to figure out who lost what.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:56 AM   #236  
"workin' on my fitness"

Red face that's supposed to be a yawn, to make me tired

What in the world am I still doing up at 12:50 in the morning???

I did my 2 mile WATP with the ab belt...got nice & sweaty & overheated. Hubby was sleeping the whole time. LOL. He got a 3 hour nap, so he's up, but there's no reason for me to be up at this hour. I'm nowhere near sleepy. Wonder if I need to do the tape again to exhaust myself? Maybe I'll hit the bike (my preciousssssss ) and see if that doesn't take some of the pep out of me.

I did a little shopping online tonight- got a few CDs that hubby & I have been lusting after- I can copy them to my computer when they come, then add them to my MP3 player to boost my workout music. Yeah, I'll admit it. I bought Outkast just for "Hey Ya" and got it on sale Gotta shake it like a polaroid picture

Dinner tonight was a nuked macaroni/chili baggie- quick and easy, since hubby was sleeping. Now he's making more fat free, sugar free pudding for me. Do some riding, and then have a half a cup of pudding- 9g carbs- so fits right in line with my #s.

If I get to sleep before 2am it will be a miracle... I don't know where this energy came from. I'd better do something with it, though.

I'll check back in the morning- whenever I drag myself out of bed. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 03-07-2004, 08:10 AM   #237  
motomom

Default Sunday Morning

It's Sunday Morning and I'm feeling lazy! Must have been all the shopping yesterday! LOL! I felt like having a cup of coffee this morning and just sitting around with family before church...so I did. I had some low carb creamer (Fr. Vanilla) in it, but not as much as usual. I hope this doesn't trigger sugar eating today! I will let you know later!

The party last night was for adults only, so when we got there with our precious little one, we were greeted at the door by a really nice lady who said "We weren't planning on having children here tonight" I've not ever had that encounter and it was quite uncomfortable feeling. So, we left and DH's friend felt really bad about it since I did ask him if kids were invited! Oh well, I didn't want to be at a "snooty" party anyway...and we were going to hear the music and hang with Lee and we can do that anytime! So we went to the mall and let Kaleigh (that's our daughter's name) run wild in the play area to let off some steam. She loved the circus, BTW.

But I've got to go and get ready for church now, so will catch you chickies later. Hope you all are having a relaxing Sunday!

Hugs,
Julie
Old 03-07-2004, 11:51 AM   #238  
"workin' on my fitness"

Angry Sunday, lazy Sunday

Well, I've been up since 10am. Sounds late, but I didn't get to sleep until 3am. I don't know what was up with me. So, to try to wear myself out, I got on the bike. Dear, sweet bike. I need to name my bike for sure, but I don't know if it's male or female yet.

I started with 10 minutes, and was at 3 miles, and said ok, let's go to 5 miles....and then hit a few good songs, which actually got my pace to under a 3 minute mile...up into the 97-102 rpm range...I stopped at 10.02 miles at 33:05- the bike doesn't stop on a dime when you stop pedaling.

Julie, I don't blame you for leaving, especially since you were told that you could bring daughter dear with you. I'm not big on stuffy, pretentious stuff like that. Sounds like you had a better time with K anyway. Their loss. You can bring her over here any time you want, ok?

Bed is stripped, sheets are in the wash...going to do the comforter too...and then bike at different speeds to do intervals while the wash is going. I figure that's gotta be good for 10-15 miles. Hubby washed his car this morning- it's nice out- already summer weather here in Florida. Wish we could open the windows, but then it would get hot in here. Oh well, we do what we can.

I think I'll wait until after the bike to have lunch- I didn't have breakfast- just diet coke with lime (that is good stuff!) so far to get the blood actually moving to the brain.

Will be back- hope everyone is having a good one!
Old 03-07-2004, 03:57 PM   #239  
motomom

Default It's Winter here...again!

The snow is blowing sideways today and sad to say...it's accumulating! I know it won't last long, but I just hate to see it after the 60 degrees we had on Friday (even though THAT only last a few short hours!)! DH wants me to go out for groceries and I really don't want to. Think I will wait until tomorrow and hope the snow will stop by then! <sigh>
Jennifer--could you please send some warm weather and sunshine our way? House getting HOT??? HA! I would love to open the windows and air out the house from all the winter yuck! Best I can do is vacuum it up, which I did today! Gotta dust yet, though!

I went to our local home improvement place today (Menard's) to pick up something for DH and as I walked in I saw some cuttings from fruit bushes, which I am going to go back and buy maybe next week. DD has been asking if we can have some fruit "trees". I want to plant an apple tree or two as well in the yard, but they take forever to bear fruit. The berry plants grow fruit the first year, so it will be fun for her! That sure made me think of summer!

No exercise yet today! I will do it later...maybe! Wow, that was enthusiastic! OK, I WILL do it later. Probably WATP tape. Maybe the bike...hmmm! I am sure fickle today!

Eating plan for day:
So far...
No b-fast, just a cup of coffee and a couple of bites of DD's leftover cheesey eggs.
No goodies at church coffee hour. Yea for me. I told DH I wanted to get the heck out of there! He hit the cookies before he even left the sanctuary! He's a junkie! So, we left as soon as I could!
Lunch: Red Beans & Rice & 2 smoked sausages. Pretty high in fat, but once in a while is ok, right? They sure tasted good!
PM snack: cottage cheese & melon
Supper's plan: chicken or shrimp dish I planned last night with summer squash, zuchinni, onion & pper and some asparagus! There will be leftovers...that's the point!! DH is not a huge veggie eater, so I get to eat most of those leftovers.

I've just rambled on and on!

This is day 6 with no sugar (unless we want to count my low carb coffee creamer this morning)! Yea for me! Only 9 more days til no flour! Yikes! The I should start seeing some results, eh?

Hope the rest of you are enjoying a good Sunday and that the sun is shining on all of you today!
Old 03-07-2004, 04:15 PM   #240  
"workin' on my fitness"

Thumbs down

Mamma Jennifer, the Bike Hussy reporting in again

Been a very active day, which is good. Total opposite of the way my weekends used to be. If I didn't know myself, I'd swear some athlete took over my out of shape body

While hubby showered (after washing the car and before heading out to Publix to pick up bleach to finish the whites and sheets) I decided no reason I should be sitting around waiting for him. I got on the bike & did exactly 30 minutes- 8.457 miles. Yessss! Bike Hussy rocks, if I do say so myself!

I finished as hubby got back from the store- perfect timing. Helped hubby put away groceries- supposedly just out to get bleach, and 150.00 later, he was home. Bunch of really good stuff on sale, so he made out really well! Then, I realized that it was after 1:30, and I needed to eat something, so:

Breakfast/ Lunch:
2 slices light oatmeal bread
2 slices provelone
15 slices 50% reduced fat salami
10 no sugar added sweet gherkins
diet coke with lime

Most of the laundry is done now, and I was bored, wandering around looking for something to do, so I hopped back on the bike & did 3 miles in 9:39. Now I've got a bit of the wobbly legs, but it's good wobbly. Blood pumping through the body. And I'm less tempted to lay around like a lump. I don't want to overdo it, but I definitely want to get some upper body in. Maybe just the 30 minute ShortCuts tape before dinner. It feels good to get the body moving, and keep it moving. I don't dislike sweat as much as I used to. And I'm not avoiding physical activity. My back doesn't hurt...I'm not stiff & sore (except for parts of my butt) and I am building more muscle, too.

Now I feel like I've earned an hour or two of down time to chill out & watch TV or do something else couch-potato-esque, because I've been physical. It's a good feeling. I like this.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend. Take some time for yourselves, because you deserve it!

(((My favorite chickies in the whole world)))

Hey! We got new smileys! Kewl beans!
Closed Thread