Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 10:13 PM   #376  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Day 4 of Personal Challenge!

I made it through another good food day. No "off program" stuff! Tomorrow is day five, so I'm hoping it goes as well as the last four!

Here's the lowdown today: (I'm attempting to work "The Zone" and this is what I have come up with...)

B-fast: cheese stick & some sort of carb which I don't remember...CRS disease!
Lunch: cheese dip (that hubby made) and 7 Triscuit crackers
Snack: 3/4 cup strawberries some lettuce, cheese, cottage cheese & oil & vinegar dressing
Supper: Some yummy garlic shrimp pasta/stir fry & a salad w/ cucumbers, & oil and vinegar (I'm starting to like that...makes the salad taste "fresher")
Snack tonight (not really a Zone snack, but hey...it did hit the spot!) SF hot chocolate

Water: working on my 5th 16 oz. glass right now!

Work out: full 35 minutes on the bike...AND my weight/stretching/toning routine! Vacuuming and more dusting in the family room...that IS a workout if you saw all the stuff Ihad to move!! LOL!

So there ya go...I got through a day at church with no treats (not even ONE bite!) and a shopping trip to Walmart where I bought donuts for DD and didn't even WANT a bite...still have two left upstairs so tomorrow will be the true test cause I am going to throw them out (after I soak them in water...) if DH doesn't eat them or DD doesn't have them for B-fast!

I CAN do this and I do feel good! I feel like I am not "craving" the more time I have away from sugar! It's a good thing! I know it won't always feel this way, but it feels good today...

Oh, and BTW, I am feeling much better about the issue I was having the other day. Thanks for your support! Sometimes a chick just have to have her chickies around to get her out of a funk! Thanks!
Old 03-22-2004, 02:17 AM   #377  
LucyKitty

WTG Julie!! =) How exactly do you do the oil & vinegar thing? I have low-fat, low-cal berenstein's cheese fantastico, but it's really spicy... I'd like to try the oil & vinegar! =)

Weekend from **** is finally over. Looks like we're moving to another place in late May or early June. YAY!! Only a little more to deal with... *sigh of relief*

So yeah. My food this weekend totally sucked, you guys, but I actually stayed under calories each day. Let's add it up this way: Saturday, I basically had 3 pieces of cake and a couple of cokes. I felt like crap and hardly ate anything -- I do that sometimes. Today, I had 4 deep-fried chicken things for dinner (they're 2 bites apiece, and I have a very small mouth...), and a bowl of top ramen this morning for breakfast. I'm getting my body back with the vitamins (Which i forgot to take...) and eating a frozen carnation instant breakfast (it's like fake ice cream -- my body doesn' tknow the difference!! haha, ice cream demons!! I HAVE BEATEN YOU!!!)

So tomorrow, my workout goes back into full swing, and no more letting the worthless folks downstairs, the stupid people on the phone, and rude people who glare at me bug me. If they don't like what they see, I'll stick my tongue out at them and smile, like I used to.

Workout plan for tomorrow:
30 min bike
8 min stepper w/ weights
450 situps
AND... even tho my wonderful sweet husband tried, I'm going to have to clean the darn house. In addition to 5 (probably very long) tapes. I'm going to get up at 8am every day, starting tomorrow.

Food for tomorrow (Monday):
B - 1/2 cup granola, 1/8 cup milk, and some fruit of some sort.
S - Going to try it w/o a snack tomorrow!
L - Salad w/ cheese, lunchmeat, 1 hard boiled egg, and 1 tbsp low-fat, low-cal drsng.
S - Veggie sticks (carrots & cauliflower)
D - Hamburger helper w/ 1 sliced tomato, and 1/4 cup corn.

And, if I'm up late and need a fix... 1 slice peanut butter toast.

Soda allowance for tomorrow: 1 with dinner, if I've met my water goal of 68 fl oz.

Now, since it's almost 11:30, and I have 3 tapes to do, still... off I go! A long night it shall be, and tomorrow, I will feel much happier about things. I SHOULD even have time to watch 1 or 2 hours of tv as a daily treat!! woo hoo!!

Oh, yeah. At this point, I've lost 3 inches off of each thigh, 1 inch off of each calf, and 4 inches off of each upper arm since I last measured!!! I now absolutely require that those of you who think you're stuck, meausre yourselves, and keep at it! It's invisible progress, I tell you! =)

You guys are doing a great job! We're almost done with the challenge, and even though I won't QUITE be in a size 12 at the end of the month, I'm almost halfway there, and that's one heck of an achievement!

You guys are inspirational and truly do keep me goin'. =)
Old 03-22-2004, 07:42 AM   #378  
motomom

Default oil & vinegar and other misc. stuff

Hey Jess,
Glad you are feeling better about things. Your post sounded so much more positive! Things will start feeling better soon...it sucks to have everything go wrong (or so it feels) at once!

The oil and vinegar thing. I bought some good 100% virgin olive oil and some raspberry balsamic vinegar. I mix 1 part oil to 2 parts vinegar...sometimes in a little dish, sometimes in a large container and store it in cupboard, sometimes I pour it right on the salad. I can do just raspberry vinegar, too, but my body (apparently) needs the fat...that's what the Zone says! And olive oil is one of the best ways for my body to get it! Hope this helps you!

It's early here, but the sun is shining and DD and I woke at the same time this morning before 7! It's going to be cold today, but we have lots to keep us busy.

I plan to go work out this morning after I get some business (computer) done! Then I have some misc. paperwork that needs to be done. By then it will be time for lunch and then...the business starts! Kaleigh has an at-home pre-school educator coming at noon. She qualifies for this special program simply because she is adopted and I have some speech concerns. She's pretty on target with her development, but it doesn't hurt to have her checked out by the "professionals"! Then at 1:30 we have an appt. with an allergist. Her allergies are out of control right now, sneezing all the time, eczema flaring up, itchy watery eyes, ect. She has been dealing with this stuff since she was about a year old. I keep hoping she will outgrow it, but it just keeps getting worse! Darn it! And she LOVES animals...all kind of them...they are her passion...and I think that most of what her problem is is animal dander! WE have two dogs and a cat! The good thing is that she doesn't seem to be bothered by all of it...that it's just incidental to her...even IF the snot is hanging from her face after she sneezes (TMI, sorry!)

OK, then I promised her if she was cooperative at the Dr. visit that I woudl take her to the Dollar Store and she could pick something out! Bribery works at this age! Then my Dad called last night and we haven't seen him since Christmas since he and his wife have been travelling (South and to Florida) since January! So they are coming over for a visit and dinner tonight. Guess I need to get my butt in gear and get something planned for dinner! I was thinking of Raspberry/cranberry chicken. I don't really have a recipe, but I was just going to pour some cranberry sauce & canned raspberries over the chicken (with a few spices) and bake it! Then maybe a sweet potatoe and salad! They want to order pizza but I think I will save myself from that!!! LOL!

I am kind of hungry right now, so I think I will go find a snack or eat breakfast...and omlette this morning! And THEN go workout!

Hope everyone has a great Monday! Jennifer, if you read this, I probably won't be available until after 6 or 7 tonight...maybe later, but I will catch up with you because I have a billion questions (not really) about the Zone. Hope your weekend was super duper!
Old 03-22-2004, 03:51 PM   #379  
LucyKitty

Julie - Thanks. =) Things seem to have resolved themselves, FINALLY!! I'm so sorry to hear your daughter has those allergies & athsma -- so do I. I love spring, though, so I'll sneeze my way around the house and outside. Ha! I won't give up my flowers for ANYTHING! I wouldn't be concerned about any speech problems. A lot of kids her age just don't -feel- like talking a lot of the time. It's a weird thing, and it can scare the heck out of parents, but it's pretty normal. One of those "when they're ready to do it" things, I guess. I had a few kids in my daycare with speech issues... I'm sure she'll be fine, especially with such awesome, caring parents!

Anyway, I did my situps (Ok, I lost count, but I did them for over 15 min. straight, so I am absolutely 500% certain that I went PAST 450! Woot!), did my workout, and everything. My arms are killing me... That's good, though, right? Because it means the muscle is getting used, instead of just sitting there, and it's building up! I LOVE muscular arms. I can't wait to have 'em. *G* I noticed that my legs are seeming a little more shapely on the outsides than usual, too, which is a rad thing to wake up to. I have -gained- 2 lbs, but I'm absolutely certain that it's a muscle-gain, because I've lost so many inches over the past week or two, and I've been way under my calories since Thursday. So yay for me. =)

I'm starting a new painkiller thing today -- not a new pill, just a new method. Since my hands have arthritis already, and I end up getting really sore in the late afternoon (halfway thru my tapes), I've taken 2 of them before I start. I figure it can't hurt, and they tell you to do that for arthritis, anyway, right? *shrug* I'm hoping it'll help my poor silly fingers deal with my typing obsession.

Meal plan today has changed, due to a wonderful, happy flare-up of my IBS! YAY! I forgot about that part of my off-the-patch week. UGH. So I have to cut my fiber WAY down, or I'll get one of those wonderful little obstructions that requires surgery, and I don't really want to do that.

So today's -revised- meal plan:
B - granola bar, 1/2 bag (my bag) of popcorn (calm the tummy down), and some olives.
S - nope!
L - Tuna fish sandwich w/ slice of cheese.
S - I'll do some peanut butter crackers, I think. Maybe 5 or 6.
D - Hamburger helper w/ 1 sliced tomato & a small (tiny) bowl of salad.

Yay. =) It's beautiful here. Sunny, not a cloud in sight, and over 70 degrees outside. *purr* I already planted all of the seeds for my flower pots yesterday, leave out the hanging baskets and 1 other pot, because I ran out of dirt. hehe!

It's a beautiful day, chicks! Enjoy it!! You guys are amazing. =)
Old 03-22-2004, 03:57 PM   #380  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Cool Hi Honey...I'm home!

I'm baaaaack! Can't get rid of me that easily! Weekend was great, but we hit a lot of traffic on the way back- at one point the highway was at a standstill, so we bailed & hubby (now nicknamed "Magellan") found a way around the mess 200 miles from home in a strange city. The man boggles the mind sometimes. Anyhow, I'm back, I'm back to being curly, the car is mostly unloaded, hubby has a 4:30 appointment, and I hear the bike calling me because I did squat this weekend, and we ate out Saturday night, Sunday for lunch, and today for lunch (2 meals skipped, too, but please- like these are not going to show up! LOL)

I'll get on later today & try to catch up- I saw that the journals had changed a bit- I thought I was in the wrong spot for a few minutes.

Bike- at least 30 minutes, possibly longer....stat. Before today's lunch has a chance to settle. I had Cracker Barrel biscuits, and I can feel them trying to cling to my thighs!
Old 03-22-2004, 06:32 PM   #381  
"workin' on my fitness"

Smile Okay, weekend- revisited

Ok, I feel better. 55 minutes on the bike, 16 miles. Mom called when I was a little over 14 miles, so I kept pedaling, and then for the last mile I went into cooldown mode. Pant, pant, pant. Buns of jello now...so I feel the biscuits losing their grip on my fat cells.

Weekend Transgressions: Granted, this isn't going to happen again- not to this extent. Saturday, breakfast & lunch on the road- 2 good choices for those. Dinner Saturday at Longhorn- appetizer, bread, chicken breast w/ mashed potatoes & cinnamon apples. Skipped breakfast Sunday (1/2 guilt, 1/2 no fricking room for it.) Lunch at PF Changs to introduce Mom to the amazing chinese food there. Good lunch- not off the deep end, but brown rice, and a larger portion of the garlic noodles than I should have touched.

Here's where we get into things...Sunday night my Dad decided he wanted the Pizzone thing from Pizza Hut. Ugh. Hubby & Dad had pizzones, Mom & I shared a medium cheese pizza. 4 slices of that was enough to make me very full, but all the carbs triggered something in my head. About an hour after dinner, I had a handful of Jelly Belly jellybeans while watching TV. Then, I paced in Mom's kitchen, because all that sugar did was trigger a different part of the food urges. Then, I wanted salty/savory. I had about 15 mini pretzel twists, and a glass of Crystal Light. Even after that, I voiced to hubby what was going on, and he caught me in the kitchen again, looking for something to quiet the stupid cravings. I was over-full, but there I was, looking for something else to eat! Cut that out, we went to bed instead.

This morning, up at 6, on the road at 6:30, hair appt is at 8- we get there 15 mins early, so hubby gets McD for breakfast- best choice available for me was Sausage McMuffin without egg. Had that, and 1 bite of his hash brown- just a teeeny piece off the corner. Hair done- now I'm stunning....
Back on the road at 10:30, and hubby got hungry. Stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch. Southern cooking, homestyle. Lunch was 3 biscuits with a hint of butter, a grilled chicken tenderloin sandwich (grilled chicken, colby cheese melted on sourdough bread, that is grilled) and about 12 steak fries. Looking at that now on paper, it's not like eating an entire chocolate cake, but dang, it felt like it. String 3 days of food together like that, and I am just betting the scale is an angry, angry device tomorrow morning

Now, the guilt factor settled in quite quickly when I got home. I walked while at Mom's, but it was in & out of stores, stuff like that. Not exercise-speed walking, for any length of time. That's why as soon as hubby left for his appointment, I got on the bike. I thought 5 miles, then 10, and then figured I'd just ride until he came home, but nearly an hour, and then trying to talk and keep up that pace were enough. 16 miles is nothing to sneeze at.

Mom noticed the differences- she checked out some hollows where there weren't any before..found actual ankle bones, and I got to show off the new pants hubby had bought me 2 sizes smaller, which are now very loose in the thigh/leg area. Mom's proud of me. After being up my tush for how many years, and being the one to force me into buying the WATP tapes, I do it, and her set- only the 1 mile tape is unwrapped, and she's done it once. Bad Mom! Good news, though, for her- she went to the Dr. this afternoon, and she's down 8 pounds since the end of the year since being more strict with her food, now that she's forced to watch carbs/sugar because of the diabeties.

Mom also gave me some of her Honey Brosia cream that she's used for ages- keeps her looking very young...told her about the burning, and she noticed the peeling skin, so I've now got a full pound jar of this stuff, and have it slathered on now, trying to soak it in. Get into my skin, cream!!!

I'm not even in the mood to think about food tonight. I'm not anywhere close to hungry, but I need to eat something later on, so that I'm not walking the floors looking for a problem in the middle of the night. Maybe just a Zone bar...or a snack portion of wheat thins & ff cheese & turkey pepperoni. Just a thought...gotta prepare so I'm not eating crap tonight- and tomorrow's stuff is already prepped and easy to toss together in the morning.

Time to go check out the changes to the journal side...I sure thought I was in the wrong place earlier!

I'll talk to you all later on, or tomorrow from work. Have a great evening, chickies! I'm so glad I'm home with my girls!
Old 03-22-2004, 08:46 PM   #382  
motomom

Default Mon Night check in

Hey chickies...nice to see that you got back safely Miss Jennifer! Sorry you had such a struggle with the food this weekend but I know how going to my Mom's triggers my bad eating!

Just a quick report on my day!

Exercise 2.5 miles WATP
Water: 5 16 oz. glasses
B-fast: 2 egg omlette w/ 1 oz. low fat cheese, some spinach & onion and topped with salsa and sourcream! Yummy! Even had some carbs left for a few strawberries!
Lunch: Taco salad. Yummy!
Snack: 6 oz. low fat milk w/ SF hot choc. mix
Supper: (My Dad and his wife was here and I hadn't had a chance to cook, so we got take out...Lee's Famous Recipe which is much like KFC!) I had 1 breast with the skin and crust removed and a serving (maybe a bit large) of coleslaw! I did have a small nibbling of biscuit from DD's plate and a taste of the crispy crust of the chicken!
Snack tonight: 3 Triscuits w/ 2 tsp. veggie cr. cheese & 2 large shrimp! eeewww!

So another day with no wavering. May I say, I feel pretty good about this 5 day challenge...it helped me to get back on focus which is what I needed. It wasn't perfect, but much better than the last month! I'm going to continue with this Zone plan because I feel so much better, physically! I just have to figure out what to have for a quick snack! I should invest in those Zone bars, eh?

Since Friday, I just realized that I have had 3 people (none of them know one another) tell me I look like I have been losing weight. Of course, according to the scale, I haven't been, but if 3 different people (my Dad included) tell me that, then something must be changing, eh? So I do feel good about that! I plan to take my measurements again (and weigh) at the end of the month to see what the real results are!

What about another challenge for Easter readiness...just a quick couple weeks? What do you all say? We could call it the "bunny hop" challenge...(because it will be so short???!!!) So there's your idea, Jennifer!

Allergy Dr. visit went as expected (do I really ever expect anything when it comes to Dr. visits???) Kaleigh has allergies...DUH! And eczema...DUH! The one thing I didn't know was that she also has a staph infection on a spot on the back of one of her knees which originally started as eczema. I felt like such a bad Mom! I know it was bad and it looked infected but her family doc said just keep treating it...it will clear up! But everytime I tried to put something on it, she would itch it and it woudl open up again and ooze and bleed...it was a real mess and I have been trying to get it healed for over a year! It was almost cleared up in January, but then one day she started itching it again...and the whole thing started all over again! So anyway, we have 4 prescriptions now...including an antibiotic for that! She has a cream for her eczema, Zyrtec for the allergies, and a nasal inhaler for her stuffy nose! Poor baby! And then they did the skin scratch test and for some reason (blocked histamines) it didn't take! So now she has to have blood work done! Hubby is taking her for that one! The Dr. wants to see what is causing the allergies, food or environment or both (probably both!) He told her she was "one tough cookie" when he looked at her leg! I felt so awful! At least it was scabbed over and not open like it has been. I wonder what he would have thought if he had seen it open! YIKES!

OK, enough for my rant tonight! Tomorrow is a new day!

Hugs to all and thanks for the support!
Old 03-22-2004, 09:21 PM   #383  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Julie - I have been through it all with the allergies (with my kids and my DH). The blood test, I think showed us more than the scratch test did anyway!!! I think that blood test saved us!! We did have food and environmental allergies. We are doing Zyrtec and Nasonex seasonally when needed. Boy, do I have some tips for you on the environmental part of allergies if you need them. We did a lot of allergy proofing in our house, and it has been soooo worth it. Also, using Aquaphor on the worst eczema spots on my youngest has been helpful.
Also, sounds like you are doing a terrific job with your eating, etc. Go, Julie, Go!!!!!!!

Lucy - Girl, sounds like you have had a lot of adventure while I have been away! My goodness, I know you will be glad to find a new place to live Aren't neighbors fun??? I'm sorry you had a rough few days. But, sounds like you are still the sit-ups queen!! That's great! p.s. I have osteo-arthritis and I take Relafen for it. I have a really hard time with the knuckles on my right hand. The Relafen is really helpful. I hope your arthritis feels better! I can sympathize with you on both arthritis and back pain!!!! Yuck!!

Jennifer - Go with the 55 minutes on the bike! Woohoo!!! I am glad you had a safe trip to see your Mom! It's good to have you back

Oh chickies, I am so glad to be back here!! I really need you guys big time I am ready for the Bunny Hop Challenge! I triggered my carb/sugar cravings this weekend, and I am in detox. Detox sucks!!!!!!

Well, I have a ton to do. I'll check back in tomorrow!
Old 03-22-2004, 09:24 PM   #384  

p.s. Hotcup, after you were singing about Chickety China the Chinese Chicken, I could NOT get that song out of my mind!! I had not heard that song in forever!!! Hope you are dong well today
Old 03-23-2004, 01:22 PM   #385  
"workin' on my fitness"

Talking Buns are on strike, and protesting

Ok, my buns have taken my legs hostage & said that if I try that again, they're walking off the job. Of course, the first thing I thought about was how much each one could weigh & the immediate weight loss from that.... I think I'll work my way up to that, or add some extra cushioning, because this morning, I've got a tush-ache.

Scale was up about a pound and a half...considering what I did this weekend, that's a small price to pay. Time to get back to the exercise with a vengeance- congestion is gone, and I gotta get myself back in full swing. Tonight after work, it's a tape, for sure...and then we'll see. I wonder if 24 is back on this week, or if there's still basketball. Bleah. At least I can wash the hair tomorrow, so I can get pretty skanky & sweaty tonight....maybe I'll go for the 2 mile WATP tape, and then do upper body...that will take me an hour to do.

School's new site is up & running- I need to do an orientation class for that, and then I can get back into the class assignments. This weekend will probably be 2 class assignments, mixed in with more cleaning, and lots of activity to try & move the #s down on the scale. 8 more days in the month...8 days left in this challenge...gotta be sure that I'll have inches & pounds down for the end of the month.

Julie suggested an Easter challenge for our next "event" ...I need some opinions- do we want to do a short one next, or do something to take us through April? Let me know what you chickies prefer- short bursts, or a month at a time...I can go either way- I'll be doing this for a while, so might as well have something to keep me busy and moving forward like I need to be. That, and I need all my chickies now- I can't do this without you all!

Today:

No morning exercise, since I couldn't wash the hair (perm dealie)

Breakfast:
1/3 cup smart start
1oz fat free mozzarella cheese
1 apple & cinnamon cottage double

Lunch:
3/4 cup chili
3/4 cup elbow macaroni
1/2 oz shredded cheddar

Dinner:
Nothing planned- probably something light, since I plan on a lot of activity.

Evening exercise:
WATP- at least 1 mile, possibly 2 miles
Shortcuts for UB tape (30 mins)
Maybe a little bit on the bike (Shhh! Don't tell my buns!)

Need to do a bit of laundry- stuff from the visit with Mom, and hubby's new shirts that we picked up in our shopping this weekend. I can do that between activities tonight. And I do want to sit down & spend a little time on the computer- I have emails & messages that I need to respond to- see if I can't do a little chit-chatting, too.

That's the plan for today. Oh- and I'm a little horked- I can't find my little calendar where I was tracking my #s & my water- I know I had it at home on Friday, but then with getting ready & all that....it could be anywhere in hubby's office...I can't remember all this poop in my head! I need to be able to log it- data, not sticking in my head for me to worry about. Grrr. Ok, back to clearing things off my desk. Gotta get a journal entry in- first one since the change over..and then work.

Check in with you all later, chickies! Missed you all so much!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:48 PM   #386  
LucyKitty

One word: Bleeeeeech. What's that mean? TOM. *gag* Ugh. I feel like a big, crampy, dizzy pile of crap. No workout today, because I can hardly walk from the bedroom to the living room without almost passing out. (I lose a lot of blood, and I'm anemic, what can ya do?) Oh well. =) I'll keep my food on for today, and we're gonna go on a walk tonight, if I'm up to it.

Jennifer - Hey, your weekend could have been worse. You didn't do too bad, hon! And wtg on those 55 min of biking!! Didn't your butt fall off yet?! :P

Lisa - Thanks. =) My dad's on remicade, but for Crohn's Disease -- still works for arthritis, tho! THanks for the support. =) I found that taking the painkillers before I start for the day is super helpful, and that my hands hardly got sore at all!

Julie - Don't feel too bad about your DD's knee. If you had been going to the doctor, and he simply didn't -do- a test for a staph infection, then there's not a lot you could have done to know, my dear. I get them in my nose all the time (burst blood vessels at the surface that bleed and get infected), and because the air isn't clean, I end up getting them. I have the ointment, too, and it just smells a little funky (because it's in my nose!). The stuff really works, tho. What a little trooper you have, to be such a good kid through all of that!!!

Foods:
B - bagel w/ cream cheese & some carrots
S - granola bar
L - top ramen w/ some veggies
S - ?
D - Not sure yet. Something very bland... maybe mac & cheese.

workout today: maybe I'll do some situps, if they don't freak me out too much. =)

OH! Jennifer - the challenges? I say go for the longer ones, because setting us up for a 2-3 week challenge makes me wnat to do a 2-3 week crash diet, for some reason. =)
Old 03-23-2004, 01:57 PM   #387  
"workin' on my fitness"

(((JessLucyKitty))) Maybe give the situps a rest for a few days...all that "crunching" is going to cause a lot of, er...squishing...maybe something with less impact? Upper body work, while sitting? Feel better, girlie.

Good point with the longer challenge. I didn't think about the "crash" aspect to a 2 week quickie- I thought more along the lines of "well, sure I can commit to exercise, or whatever" for 2 weeks..blah, blah, blah... but point well taken- let's get some other opinions & decide what to do here.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:05 PM   #388  
LucyKitty

Okay, I lied. I totally can't just sit here and do nothing today.

I'm doing my workout... I might do only 15 min. of bike, but I'll still do the situps & stepper as usual. I know it'll make me feel better.. I just can't expect any of my clothes to look or feel comfortable today. Hah. =)

Jennifer - hehe, actually, for some odd reason, the situps make it feel -better!- I think it has something to do with the crunches putting me in a more fetal-position. I am so weird. *G*
Old 03-23-2004, 08:44 PM   #389  
"workin' on my fitness"

Thumbs up Tuesday night peek in

Ok....productive afternoon....spent time with hubby playing 25,000 pyramid on Game Show network, then did 1 mile of the 2 mile WATP tape, with ab belt. Going to use my resistance bands (Thanks to a certain someone....) to do upper body while I veg out to TV after I do the ShortCuts tape. Heading to do that now, and hopefully tire myself out. Maybe a little biking...we'll see what tickles my fancy.

Dinner tonight- a new hubby creation- he was trying to surprise me with a tuna sammitch, only the bread went funky while we were away this weekend. I came downstairs in mid-creation. He complained about the bread, but our low fat tortillas were still unopened, so inspiration struck.

Hubby melted low fat cheddar cheese on the tortilla, added the tuna with just a little fat free miracle whip, and I had a "tuna rollup" or Tuna Burrito, whichever name sticks when we re-create this It was pretty good- so of course, now I can't wait to do the taco stuff & do that with taco meat, cheese, and a dollop of low fat sour cream. Yummy ideas swimming in my head, I tell ya!

All rightie...time to get my patootie moving again...catch everyone in the morning!
Old 03-23-2004, 10:22 PM   #390  

Wow, is it 10:00 already? Good grief, the day has flown. I have done a good job today with my eating!!! Yea!!! Water needs to be better (as always). I did not exercise though. I am going to do extra tomorrow. I feel really good about my plans. I had too much sugar this weekend, and I could have let that blow me completely away, but my husband (my partner in crime with the cheesecake), is so committed!! He made sure we both had the right kinds of foods today. I am so proud of him. He is really looking awesome, if I say so myself. O.K., let me tell you something exciting - I got in a size 10 today! I did! I did! I DID!!!!!! They fit comfortably, although the material was a bit thin, and I kept thinking about cellulite and flab showing through!! I had a big meeting to go to tonight, and I wanted to look nice. I REALLY want to be back in a size 8. It has been a long time since I was a "single digit". That is my goal. Sounds silly, I know. Health is very important to me also, and exercise has got to become more of a priority. But, as of now, I want to go down another size. And, do you guys think I can do that in 4 weeks or so?

Lucy - Sure hope you feel better. Good going with the attitude, though! You kept your workout plans anyway. Is everything quiet around your house today?? Are the neighbors under control?? I hope so!!

Jennifer - I am proud of you. You are right on track today!! The Tuna Burrito sounds yummy. I love tuna. I love the taco meat thing too. I like to put taco stuff over a big salad. I could not make it without my salads! (who would ever have thought??)

Julie - Where are you?? I hope you are happy and well !

Hope you guys have a fabulous evening!! I am soooo sleepy- off to bed with me.
Closed Thread