Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 10:37 PM   #121  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsangie
I went to my sculpting class today, and suprisingly it's getting to be much easier.
That's a definite NSV.
I'm also noticing that my body is taking on more definition.
I'd really like to see my arms slim up though. I definitely want to be able to wear sleeveless shirts this summer. It seems like all the cute clothes are sleeveless. Well that's not going to be a problem this summer!
Tell me more about this sculpting class, I am assuming it is a class to sculpt your body, but what do you do in it? And I'm with you on the sleevless shirts. I haven't worn sleeveless in years and I hate wearing a swimsuit. I have one arm which has a "fat pad" (excess fatty tissue) and it turns red and burns in the sun. I am noticing it going down a bit with the weight lifting, so there's hope for sleeveless for me this summer, too! That can be our goal together, eh? Arm definition for Babs & Julie in summer 2004! Tricep work, deltoid work and pec work, for sure! The rest will follow! WoooHooo! I am psyched (and maybe a bit delirious at this hour) Let's do it!

Great work on all the changes you are making. It's great to see such positive changes in this group!
Old 02-23-2004, 10:42 PM   #122  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmommyc
Julie- Thank you my friend. So LOOK OUT! I am preparing for that 10lb. loss I am itching for!

I am so glad you are back among the motivated. I was starting to worry a bit about you (could you tell????) We will do this thing together. I am not going for numbers this time around. It really sent me into a downward spiral last month so I am focusing on positive changes, exercise and eating behavior changes...and accountability! Big motivator!

Let's go girls!!!

Julie!
Old 02-24-2004, 04:06 AM   #123  
LucyKitty

Well, today was okay. I forgot to take my vitamins this morning (d'oh!) so I felt horrible until I remembered to take them around 5 this evening. I didn't eat much, though, today. Didn't get to go on a walk, my knee was really sore... but tomorrow I'm going to do a slow-bike ride for 20 min. It'll still get my heart going and burn some calories, but won't injure my knee further. Stupid dog! Stupid me for busting my knee! Argh! (ok, enough negativity from me).

In other news, my wonderful, amazing, supportive, loving, awesome husband has been really helping me out lately. "Hey, hon, let's go on a walk!" "Kitty, you are SKINNY!" (my nickname is Kitty). He is so supportive. Almost every day now, he comes home, gives me a hug and tells me I'm disappearing before him. =) Sappy, I know, but it helps me a lot.

So I did the situps today, but that's it for working out. I don't feel bad, though, because I was good otherwise.

Tomorrow's Plan:
B - peanut butter toast with OJ (i want that NOW!)
L - Tuna Melt (since I didn't have it today...)
D - Chicken & Pasta w/ Salad

Also, I think I am going to try to UP my water intake from 64 oz/day to 80/day. I think it might help me lose weight, and cure my darned chapped lips!

Keep up the awesome work, ladies! You guys are doing awesome!!! =)
Old 02-24-2004, 07:04 AM   #124  

Hi Girls,
Well it officially one week for me on the challenge and I have lost a total of 5 lbs! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I feel pretty good and ready to shed more lbs! Trying to stay on plan and make this dupa move more. Glad to hear your all doing well and motivated. So happy for you all.
Jennifer, I feel your pain girl, just take a deep breath and get through the day. We have several slackers here at my work as well. I sit by a fella who sleeps at his desk! Pitiful I know, but it happens. These people get it in the end so don't work yourself up about it too much. Think happy thoughts!
Todays food plan is:
breakfast Oatmeat, Applesauce, H2O
lunch Salad, with 1/4 chicken breast
Dinner salad, 1/2 Baked potato, beef tips, and some kind of veggie!
snack, skinny cow

Good luck to you all today!
Old 02-24-2004, 08:58 AM   #125  
~Insane Java Turtle~

It's just that I've only had time for reading lately. I'd been getting home late in the mornings, trying to read my mail super quick and fit in an exercise and maybe one cleaning chore before bed. Sunday night into Monday morning is my Friday. And my Dietitian/Life Coach asked me to please come back and see her (life, disturbances in both our schedules and the remodeling of her home got in the way for a few weeks) so I agreed to go to her house on Monday morning (my Friday) after work. Well, I'm not sure if I was antcipating a weigh in or what, but from the time I got up Sunday night until very late on Monday afternoon, I only had one bag of 94% fat free microwave popcorn. Now although you'll start a fierce argument among some WW'ers if you bring up the POINT value of that, I counted it as 3, which left me 25 POINTS to eat. My boyfriend and I went to C J Maggies, which is like a (Garfields or TGI Fridays) I helped him eat some of his cheddar/bacon fries and then I ordered a 10 oz steak, roasted red potatoes and get this....something called Alfredo bits. It's chopped up (leftover) Alfredo noodles deep fried in cubes and covered in Marinara sauce. I didn't eat quite half of my steak, two potatoes at most and one Alfredo cube. Of course I did eat six or seven of his fries (appetizer).
Then we went to several different stores (including a lot of mall walking in between) looking for a motorless, manual tread mill. We couldn't find one anywhere. So when we got home, I checked my email and started searching on line. I found several on line. I'm glad because I almost shelled out $160.00 to buy the one I'd seen on TV. But I was so tired and sleepy, that I lost my search results and when I tried to get it back, instead of the two pages I'd had on my screen, it only found three treadmills. I must try that again with a clear mind. I had a large handful of pretzels dipped in deli mustard and a WW dessert before I finally crawled off to shower and get into my PJ's. I remember a wonderful foot rub complete with what Pooh Bear calls "toe poppin's" but I do NOT remember laying down. I think it was around 2100 hours, but until I woke up this morning, I don't even remember stirring. I must have been one tired turtle. I'm counting all the mall and store walking I did yesterday as my exercise. And the meal I ate, well, it was not good. But with 25 POINTS available, I think I kept it under. But I'm going to go to Dottie's site and see if I can't find a way to count it all up.
Today makes a week of the Spring Fling Challenge done. I think I did good. I missed, what? Two days of exercise and my goal was to exercise three to five days? Cool. I'm counting this week as a success, although the scale may not agree. But the scale is an uncaring, metal monster.
Now I just need to get this house cleaned. My boyfriend (still sleeping) agreed to help me. He fixed the light in my dining room. The one my ex husband (years ago) said would never work again. And last week, Pooh Bear fixed my closet and told me he was going to build a shelf for it too. Pooh Bear is a handy Bear to have around. He brings me a new turtle every week. I've got hundreds upon hundreds filling my house. Finding new names is becoming a challenge. The new one he brought me yesterday, I named her Moon Beam because she's painted psychedelic, like a hippie. Dusting all these statutues (or figurines) is becoming a challenge as well. Who you kiddin' Mary? You DUST? Come on!
Okay, I've finished all my mail and stalled long enough. Instead of filling out my journal too, I think I'll cut and paste this entry. Is that cheating? I see other people doing that. Time saver, just for today. Bye Chickies. Wow, I did that and hit cut instead of copy. Wow, the whole thing vanished, but I got it back. Whew!

Last edited by Hotcupojava; 02-24-2004 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:04 PM   #126  
Angie

Default Props to all

Jennifer - Sorry that you're having a hard time at work. Do you want me to come and Kung Fu that guys butt for you . I'm sure it'll get better.

Geeklover - I think your attitude is great. There's no point in beating yourself up over what is already done. I always have guilt after my free day too, but I think it's necessary for my sanity

Hikein - That's excellent about your pants fitting better. A definite NSV In my sculpting class we do a full body workout. It's different each time, so it's a little hard to tell you what we do. We use balance balls, tension cords, weights and a lot of manual moves. We do lunges, crunches, weight repetitions. It's definitely a good workout.

Lameducky - That's awesome that your DH is being so supportive. It definitely makes it easier to have someone cheering you on.

Mama Mia - Awesome job on the 5 lbs! Keep up the good work

Not much different here. My calories were about 1400 yesterday, which is pretty good considering that I made cookies . I really need to start cutting back on my sweets. I don't usually go over my calories, even though I eat sweets almost every day, but it's definitely a part of my diet that could use improving. I'm going to shoot for only eating sweets every other day this week. That would at least cut it in half. Well I hope everybody has a great day!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:38 PM   #127  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Default Same Poop, Different Pile....

I am taking my 10 minute lunch break to peek in & update. I have a dr appt this afternoon, so working until then, leaving, then coming back to finish things up.

First things first.....drum roll....

Mama Mia....woo hoo! 5 pounds! Great Job!

Mama Mia- The whole work thing...90% of the people working here are relatives, so the 3 of us who aren't are the only ones who have these unrealistic expectations heaped on us. I see people get away with crap that would amaze you...just nuts, some days.

Angie- I LOL'd at bundt cake...people here are going to think I'm crazy! Yeah, not too far for me to go, some days. Sure, come on down & Kung Fu the heck out of my annoyances- I'd even put you up on the beach while you did it

Julie- I hear ya on the undies- I can wait to have pretty, frilly, lacy things. The bras are going to be a bit harder to find, but if I can cram them into a DD, then I can still find something ultra-feminine instead of the cast iron bras I'm in now. Can I call you droopy drawers? LOL- great NSV, though!

Cristin- oh gosh, twice, in a short month??? I'd be tearing my hair out! Ugh!

Lucy- your hubby sounds like a great guy- isn't it wonderful when they help, instead of bringing in all those sinful foods & vegging around?

Mary- kicking butt, girl- great job with the exercise goal & not eating all those dang noodles!

Last night:

missed adding this in my journal- need to update- I had a low carb, sugar free peppermint patty last night as dessert, after dinner, since I was under on my carbs. I have the other one for today, to have now after I finish lunch.

Did 40 minutes (2 segments) of the Firm Off Weight video (Leslie Sansone) so did upper body & lower body again. The UB- this tape she does pushups- I can modify them & do them against the wall...lower body- had to modify the donkey kicks, but I was able to do the crunches in this one, since they weren't totally insane. Woo hoo!

Today:

Breakfast:
2 oz fat free cheese
1/3 cup Smart Start
12oz diet coke
(never touched the cottage double- wasn't in the mood, or hungry)

Lunch:
Healthy Choice Lasagna Bake
1 Russell Stover low carb peppermint patty

working on lunch now...I did bring in a crystal light tub to flavor my lunch water....not full strength, but enough that it's easier going down.

Tonight- no idea yet about dinner... I am going to do the 2 mi WATP tape, and watch 24.

Will check in tonight at some point, but I wanted to sneak in here, log my stuff, and tell you all what a great job you are doing- we're a week in, and there's so much happening for each of us- I am so proud of everyone's efforts- you will succeed- I know it!
Old 02-24-2004, 01:12 PM   #128  

Lucy- How fun for your hubby to notice and continue to give you the verbal support you need. I know that is a huge thing for me as well. I am doing it for me, but also for him and I love it when he says nice things!!

Mama- YOU ROCK! Doesn't it just feel great! I am so excited for you and know you are working hard for it! Keep up the great work!

Hotcup- Hey gal, whatever works to help up hit both sides! I do it sometimes if I don't have time for writing in both....I wish I had more time to READ! I miss out on so much and feel like I am lacking in building the relationships here like I want to!

Julie, Babs and Jennifer- I can't thank you enough for your words of encouragement after my SAD entry yesterday. Yes, I was feeling a little sorry for myself and the hormone monster (TOM) is getting in the way as well. I am on track for sure and feeling great today! Thanks!!

As for today, I posted my food in the journals, and it is time for me to EXERCISE!! Gotta go ladies, but will check in later! C-
Old 02-24-2004, 03:16 PM   #129  
VelmaKelly

Default Week 1 is done, Let's get through Week 2!

Okay, I'll try to take it easy with the rhyming title lines Glad to hear everyone is hanging in there. I'm just curious as to which "plan", if any are each of us on. That way we can share pertinent tips we come across, etc. Also, does anyone know if there is anything such as "too much water"? I thought I read somewhere that it is possible to flush out necessary minerals and I just want to make sure I'm not overdoing it.

Babs-Good work! And girl,don't get too used to the bundt - you're going to be a breadstick soon!!
geek-Yeah, Morrissey! Glad you're here with us. Wanna hear something funny? We went to a wedding last month and the couple's first song was "There is a light". It was very different!
hike-Hey, I'm with you with the "junk in the trunk". Thank goodness for JLO changing the way women view their bodies. It's like I think that part of my body is the only part that gains weight!
lucy-Hope the knee is getting better. You are so lucky to have such an understanding hubby. I think my hubby tries to be supportive but he doesn't really fully understand how HARD it is to lose weight and exactly how much I struggle.
mama-I will miss S&C too but all good things must come to an end. Keep a lookout for the movie! CONGRATS ON YOUR 5 POUNDS -WOW!
jennifer-If any consolation, I can totally relate to your stories about co-worker's from ****. I guess I kinda miss the dysfunction of working a little. Sounds like a tough business, but luckily you have so much patience you are the right person to be in that position!
hotcup-Good job with your willpower. Whomever invented "alfredo cubes" should be turned into one! What is Dottie's Site? Does it help with WW?
Jill-I admire you bouncing back so quickly and for surviving the lemonade cleanse! I occasionally do something called the "Master Cleanse" which sounds very similar (lemon juice, cayenne pepper, maple syrup, spring water) and it is sooo hard so I commend you for sticking in there.

I had a hard night last night, where the evening ended with the remaining bag of Trader Joe's Soy & Flax chips with cream cheese and salsa. But, I did do my Power 90 Sculpt video so I'm not going to beat myself up. Tomorrow, I will weigh myself for week 1 so I am a little nervous.

Have a great evening ya'all. Check you tomorrow!

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
~Walter Bagehet
Old 02-24-2004, 05:33 PM   #130  
Marathon Goddess

Hi Ladies!

Im feeling good so far this week, amazingly enough Im all hormonal and havent binged yet, big victory for me, of course its only Tuesday! Ive gotten in my running yesterday, and my cross training today. Food is good, Ive planned everything this week, because I tend to get weak and lose control when the hormones are raging!

Today ive had
B- PB banana sandwich (w/natural PB & low cal bread)
cup of tea
L-greek wrap homemade low cal
diet pepsi
s-apple
d-sausage casserole, again a lowfat recipe
grapes

Got in all my water, cross trained for 45 minutes, and plan to do abs later, so I would say today is a success!

Glad to see everyone is doing good.

Have a great day & take care
Old 02-24-2004, 06:12 PM   #131  
LucyKitty

Thx everybody for the support. =)

Velma - hon, men suck at figuring out what to do and what to say. I think I've trained mine... *haha!*

Today is a really bad day. IRS just ruined my life, yet again, and now I have to tell the husband about it. I don't know if I'm even going to work out today. I might just go take a nap and try to make myself feel better... who knows. Sorry I'm not positive and motivational and all that today. My life = falling apart. I need to win the lottery or something.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:47 PM   #132  
LucyKitty

Ok, mood change!

TO **** with the IRS! I'll beat them, eventually. Life just won't be very fun for a few months until we get back on our feet, or until I win $3k at scratch games. (Which I completely intend to do!) So forget those money-grubbing buggers. Bah!

I'm finishing up my work for the day, and my boss called earlier to tell me I can have more tapes whenever I want them!! YAY!! That means more money for me, which means back on our feet!! AWESOME!

So, after I finish up this tape, I'm going to pick out a cute, comfy outfit. Then I'm going to work out, then take a shower and feel better. Sometimes a nice hot shower (so hot it almost hurts) can wash away that tension and annoyance. I think we'll go on a walk tonight, too. Not sure what's for dinner today... hmm. Nothing sounds good?

I'm doing good, though. Even with that big upset earlier today, I didn't eat or anything. I drank a bunch of water, gnawed on some minty hard candy (very low cal, no fat) to make myself feel better, and decided to work my anger off.

I did look into a part-time job (in addition to my full-time job, but I do that whenever, and usually in the dead of night, so it's no biggie). I may apply for a p/t position at Victoria's Secret at the local mall, just to have a little extra cash every month. If I do that, though, I'm worried that I'll end up liking it and not want to do my tapes anymore. Bah. Confusion... I'll just stick it out with the tapes and make it through.

Ah, wonderful life and the annoying challenges we have to face every day.
You guys are so positive... thank you!! I went and read all the comments and positivity and it helped change my mood back around from mad/sad to happy/hopeful.

You guys rock. =)
Old 02-24-2004, 09:52 PM   #133  
motomom

Default The glass is half...

ok, I'm going out on a limb here and saying....full! Because I feel like days like today just make me stronger!

Morning was good. Started out with 25 minutes on the bike and getting my heart rate at target for more than 10 minutes. I did some stretching then off to get ready for work. I really need to get up when I wake up, not lay in bed and argue with myself about how much more time I COULD have...

Breakfast: 1 rice cake w/ 1 oz. cr. cheese/1T. all fruit, 1 banana (Good, so far!)
Snack: 2 cups SF hot chocolate, l bag potatoe chips (what???? How'd they sneak in there????)
Lunch: 1 oz. salisbury steak, some mashed potatoes & gravy (Are you seeing a pattern here???)
Afternoon snack: 1/2 cup Butter Pecan Icecream (What was I thinking??? But then, I suppose it's better than 1 cup or 2 cups, even!!)
Supper...(it was girls night out remember? potluck!) a whole bunch of raw veggies and some dip, some fruit, some layered bean dip and some chips, some more chips and bean dip, a couple of mini weinies wrapped in crescent roll, a few augrautin potatoes, Diet Coke, coffee w/ creamer....(Do I need to go on? It wasn't pretty!)

Now that I am home, I see what happened! The room which used to be my office is a meeting room and there are vending machines in it. I was in there doing some charting today and was right smack in front of the machines, when I became hungry (right before lunch). I had forgotten to pack my lunch today as well as plan for a snack, so...the nasty, evil vending machine was calling my name! It seduced me, that's for sure. Am I easy or what?

OK, now for the plan: I will NOT sit and chart in that room anymore, especially alone. I do not like to be seduced by a machine. I will bring my snacks from home and I will plan my daily menu before I leave the house and I will NOT leave my lunch at home! I do not like to spiral in a downward movement when I know I don't need to do those kinds of things! You all heard me! Please...hold me accountable!

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS! I know I said I wasn't going to weigh in today and that I would wait until next week, but will power was at a low today, so I caved! But I am glad I did! I have lost 4# since last week. I am now at 174!!!! Wooooo Hoooo! After my eating today, I will probably gain those #'s back by next week, but let's hope that doesn't happen! I will stay OP all day tomorrow, bring snacks (lots of protein...that really helps me!) and stay away from that evil monster in the Activity Room!

I read everyone's post and you all are doing great. Congrats on the losses, the positive attitudes and mostly on you ability to stick with it even when the going gets tough. You all ROCK in my book!

(group hug)
Julie
Old 02-25-2004, 08:00 AM   #134  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Default Early Morning Entry

Good Morning, Chickies! We're halfway through the week!

I'm in here early, making up time from the dr appt yesterday. That threw off my whole schedule, so I've got a bunch of stuff to catch up on today. Sigh...same poop different pile.

Award time!!!!!!!!!!

Julie- 4 pounds down....great job! Keep it up!

(teasing...you couldn't have made my life easier by losing just one more pound, could you???? LOL)

Velma- I'm following the Zone- it worked for me about 3 years ago, when I was able to do it seriously, along with walking at night. Then, work got ridiculous, I didn't have the same fortitude I have now, so I let things fall apart & gained everything back, and then some. I follow the Zone gram counts, and try to pick from all the better carbs- low glycemic carbs.

Today:

Breakfast:
1 peach cottage double
1/3 cup smart start
1oz fat free garden veggie cheese
12oz diet coke

Lunch:
3/4 cup chili
3/4 cup brown rice

I need to do my tape today as soon as I get home, before the evening falls apart. With my schedule yesterday, by the time I got home, I peeked into the journals, then we ran out- got back home at 8:30, when I ate dinner & said it was too late to do a 2 mile tape & then try to fall asleep. So...that's my day today.

A few interesting reads, if you have the time:

Warm Up to Cold Weather Weight Loss

25 Heart-Smart Moves
Old 02-25-2004, 10:52 AM   #135  
Angie

Velma - I just do my own thing. I keep my calories around 1400, give myself one off day a week, but not over 2000 calories. I workout 5-6 days a week. I do my step and pump class twice a week, a sculpting class once a week, aerobic workouts on my own 2-3 days a week and Kung Fu twice a week. I want to work in yoga, but haven't had the time. Maybe soon!

Sounds like everybody is going good. I love to hear all the positivity! You guys rock. Sorry to hear about your trouble Lucy, but it sounds like you're dealing just fine.

I finally made my water goal yesterday. I took your advice Jennifer and didn't let myself come here until I'd drinken 30 oz. It really is a motivator. I ate 6 veggies and 3 fruits, putting me at about 1400 calories and I went to Kung Fu last night. A very successful day if I do say so.

Everybody keep up the good work.
Closed Thread