Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #211  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@Tate - MFP is MyFitnessPal.com

@Jeanettey - Sorry but I won't take part in that challenge. No excuses I know but I am getting up before 5 as it is. If I add 30 minutes workout (plus shower) I am looking at before 4. Not going to happen. Sorry. I am not sleeping enough as it is and I don't think an hour less will help with my weight loss.

@Anon - still not feeling healthy enough for a run. I tried yesterday but got slammed with headache during my warmup already. Sorry! I will try though.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #212  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

so on the first day of Jeannetty's challenge I slept in

I was thinking Saturday I usually dont run until 6:30 but I am going at 5:30 to get it in before dd's soccer so that will have to do.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #213  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Wakie Wakie

My challenges are optional. This week there are no substitutions.

It's only 30 minutes, one morning.

So choose to do it or wait for the next challenge.

There's no need to post why your not participating.

Can't make everyone happy every week.

Last edited by Jeanettey; 09-14-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #214  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

MORNING EARLY BIRDS!!!

Jeanettey: Challenge complete; Roomie woke me up at 6:05, (he was heading out the door, why is he going to work early ) Anyway, I couldn't go back to sleep SOOOOOOOOOOOO . . . I got up and did some weights and dips . . . Oh My . . . that will get the blood flowing . . . then I did my boxing video . . . I really like that boxing video

Cheshire: Where did you find a pic of Gooey??? I have crazy eyes??? I too do that whole, walking/dancing/skipping with my MP3 player playing in my ears . . . I'm sure the whole neighborhood KNOWS I'm crazy!!

Anon; Good luck with the sewing . . . I can barely sew a button and make it stay on . . . sometimes I wish there was a way to staple buttons on . . . a stapler I can operate . . .

All you runners just AMAZE ME ! ! !

OK, turned cold today and FREEZE WARNINGS for tonight . . . can you say WOOL SOCKS and a coat and a hat and a scarf and maybe mittens too!! I remember last winter after I'd lost some weight, my feet were SOOOOOOOO cold in the AM

Ahhhhhhhhh early morning poster wars . . . LOVING IT!!

EDIT: Oh BTW, Fitocracy has NEW TRACKING SYSTEM . . . I think it is a bit easier!!!

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 09-14-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Jeanettey- You are 100% correct, my thoughts exactly.

After reading something MadamB said about using a note book to log exercise and eating I bought 2 journals yesterday. One for weight loss and the other to journal emotions. This will be good for when I don't have access to a computer. Part of my plan is to write down any negative thought that float though my head, then refocus towards positive things I can control.

60 min. of exercise complete. A quick work day and then a little house cleaning.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #216  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

thanks jeanettey for your challenge this week!! it was just what i needed to get me up and out the door early this morning and over to the old house for more clearing out!! almost done now!! nigel will be so happy when we meet there later this evening to see i have it all organized and ready to load!! now for the last bit and then cleaning tomorrow!! whew!! nothing like taking it to the very last day of the 15th!! haha moving is a chore!!!

joyful....i am sooooooo with you!! i also prefer later hours!! but being married to an early bird makes it difficult sometimes!!
and you ran 7 miles....i am still in such awe of runners!! keep it going!!

envelope...how ya doing 2day??
Old 09-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #217  
gecko girl

S/C/G: 306/288.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

I feel FIERCE!

Surprise Early morning Reveille Completed

1.25 miles in 32 minutes HooAhhhhh!!!! And I feel great this morning. We may be on to something. I usually treadmill after work to destress and get rid of the bad stuff to help me sleep better.

I asked the big dog to go for a walk with me this me this morning. He rolled over with his back to me and farted. nuff said.

celrae/madambutterfly, I highly recommend journalling for both weight loss and emotional stuff. It really helps to reflect on what works.

josey, thanks for poster page.

K3LL3Y - great motivational poster!

Have a great day peeps!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #218  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

• Running (treadmill):
    • 0:41:30 || 2.3 mi || 142 bpm || 4 % (+228 pts)
    • Jeanettey's Mid-week challenge
Put me down for done! That felt great! My treadmill is old and pretty "sketchy" but I know it's good for at least 45 minutes before it overheats and stops. We're getting a new one as soon as we fill the cookie jar.

I haven't kept up on the thread but I'm wishing everyone well today. I make costumes so I need to get to it!

W00T!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #219  
Winner by Losing

Eye bleeder ~ I too have started journaling my weight and my thoughts. Sometimes I just write down the workouts I'm doing so I can go back and say "Wow, I'm doing all that!"

Now I have to journal about sacrifice, and giving up the extra goodies I want but don't need, and replacing them with lowfat protein and plants ~ugh~
Old 09-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

The spreadsheet has been updated! It now tracks % Weight Lost for individuals and the troop as a whole. (Though the Platoon Total % Weight Lost is a bit sketchy, as its accurate calculation is dependent upon people inputting their weight each week, and when a new person joins, their weight gets added in, but wasn't accounted for the week prior.)

SewWhat, Tate, Darel, KittKatt, and ProAtThis -- You have all been added onto the spreadsheet. HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS. Let me know if it is confusing/doesn't work/gives you trouble/hates your computer, PLEASE. It's pretty easy to update once you get the hang of it, so let's make sure you're doing it right from the start!

Josey -- I really hope you get back to tiptop shape ASAP. I hate that you're not feeling 100%. :/

Last edited by AnonymouslyYours; 09-14-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #221  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I went and played tennis this morning purely for fitocracy quest points. For the record, if y'all ever play tennis with me we need a 30 ft wall behind you because I can launch the little green ball into outer space with astonishing regularity. We had 4 cans of balls and had to stop twice to retrieve them all.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #222  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Jeanettey- Surprise Early morning Reveille complete!

I was actually up 90 minutes early this morning because I didn't want to miss the gym so I had to take my hubby to work since my car is in the shop. I jogged 28 minutes then went to the gym and did my hour long weights class and an hour of zumba (my norm for the gym M/W/F). I may start getting up early more often, the morning jog was awesome and I need to prep from the mudrun that I am planning to be in on October 29.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #223  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

iamerican - Thank you. My Friend told me "You are looking good honey, Just don't give up ok?" This is not a man who gives out compliments easy, and if he does, they are a bit backhanded. So hearing his encouraging words while I was running (Behind him) and hearing that I was looking good. That had me walking on Air for the rest of the night.

I wanted to add a couple a pics if no one minds.

This is Me in October 2010 - This is even after I had lost a good amount of weight. Before I really started trying.

One of my and my Boy Radar. (One of 5) (October 2010)

This one is from July 2011 (Love me some Sparrow)

This one is from Sunday...This Sunday!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #224  
Winner by Losing

k^2 you look AWESOME!!! Keep up the great work.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #225  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Wow K^2 You are looking great! The confidence you are showing in that last picture is Awesome!!!

(I've been looking for before pictures myself recently. I didn't realize how much I was really hiding from camera's. It's like I don't exist for a whole year.)
Closed Thread