Old 11-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #256  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Red face Halfway thru the challenge.

Well it's halfway thru the November Weight Loss Challenge. My goal I set in the beginning of the challenge was to lose 16 LBS. My SW is 226.2. My CW is 223.0. My Goal Weight was 210. But I'm changing my Goal Weight (GW) to
218. Since I haven't done very well in this challenge.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #257  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

Well we just got back from the funeral/memorial, and it was really nice. After the memorial there was food and I was one of the last to go so I could really look at options rather than be rushed and pick up things I know are horrible. I realized there wasn't much there at all I could be okay eating so I took like 1/2 a cup of potato salad and a roll of turkey sandwich meat and then just a bunch of veggies - no ranch cause I had no idea on the amount of calories. I forgot to bring my notebook I write my food down in... so I took a picture of my plate! And now I can remember all that was on the plate and make an estimate for everything. I wasn't even tempted by the dessert table so that felt awesome. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Gekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #258  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I do NOT want to work out today. Somebody whack me, please.
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #259  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

LTTG - me too. I need a good whacking myself!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #260  
Bikinis in Summer '10!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Well, I am not really losing weight. Today I was at 181.6 and my goal for November is 175. On Sunday I was 178.6 which made me smile, but I had drank the night before so I was probably dehydrated. I know I gotta cut out the drinking to get real results. But, the great news is tomorrow is 2 weeks without cigarettes. And I've been working out every day the past few days. I got My Fitness Coach for the Wii and it's pretty cool. The more consecutive days you workout, the more stuff is unlocked in the game so that's motivating. My weight usually fluctuates from 181 to 183, but I haven't weighed in at 183 since the 4th. I haven't seen 182 since the 9th. It's kind of weird because I'm not seeing alot of fluctuation like usual. I'm 181something every day pretty much.
Lauranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:28 PM   #261  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

Evening Ladies!

It seems like forever since I've posted here...either life is keeping me busy or trouble connecting to the site.

MsP and Tummy~ You ladies are looking hot! WoOt!!! You both are such an inspiration!

I had my WW weigh in on Saturday and I'm down another 2.2 lbs...so I was happy about that I really need to kick up my work outs, but I'm working on it.

Have a good night and a great tomorrow!

Huggies,
Giv
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Ok....so, I survived the weekend better than my DH. He really did have a great time with his old college buddies!!! I was off plan and drank alot of wine this weekend. Like the most off plan I have ever been. But I did get 2 incredible elliptical workouts in. On Friday I weighed in at 240.4. Just a tiny bit away from a new decade right. If I played my cards right I would be in the 230's right now.
Instead I woke up this morning at 247.6. Oh My god. I didn't go on a true eating bender all weekend, but I did have my share of carbs. I think it was all the wine. I did stick with red as it has less carbs. Needless to say I am flushing with all the water I can stand and am down to 246.0 already tonight. Now, I know that it is almost all water. But the hard part is the weighin with the doctor tomorrow. But, oh well. I can fix it and be right back in it for my big November goal of 233.0

On the flip side, my size 18 pants fit. and rather nicely I must add. Not to tight and not falling down!!! So, there is a plus. Even better though I picked up a nice cold along the way. Happy!!!

So Here is to a learning experience. Next time it is either eat off plan or drink lots of wine. Not both.

Jen
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #263  
Back in the Game

S/C/G: 132/125.2/120

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late to the game View Post
I do NOT want to work out today. Somebody whack me, please.
moon fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #264  
Back in the Game

S/C/G: 132/125.2/120

Managed to drink 8 glasses of water yesterday and today. I forgot my gym bag at home (even though my clothes and running shoes were in the car). I just didn't want to leave my purse, etc unlocked, so I headed home instead. I did pull out some cards from Jillian's Hot Bod in a Box and did some weight exercises at home.
moon fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #265  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Jello - glad you had a nice weekend, I'm sure it's just water gain. Flush it out!!!

Vickie - You can do it!! Glad you are changing goals instead of dropping out.

LTTG - I got up off my bum and did JM's BFBM video. I want to hear you got up too!!!

Giv - That's awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Gekster - glad to have you back. Avoiding the deserts is always the hardest.

Laurana - Maybe you need to lower or raise your calories. What sort of eating plan are you on right now?

Sandye - Kitten pics please!!!! Grats on the low 130's!

Last edited by Nella; 11-16-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Gooooooooooooooooood morning ladies!!!!!!

Okay, Mom--: You had better have gotten off your bum and got your workout in!!! Next time call me and I'll give you a good Thwacking over the phone!!!

Gekster~ glad to hear the funeral was nice and that you did so well with the food. I did have to laugh a little at the vision of you taking a pic of your plate! Now that's accountability!

Lauranna~ first of all, CONGRATS on 2 weeks no smoking! That's AWESOME!! You might be seeing a stall out with your loss due to the quitting though. Don't fret though, things will even out eventually and you'll start to see the pounds drop again so keep up the great work!!!

VickiLou~ stick with it hun! You can do it!!!

Giv~ congrats on the loss hun! You're doing fantastic!!!

Moon Fairy~ thanks for thwackin' my mom (yeah, LTTG is my Mommy! ) and way to get your workout in girlie!!

Jello~ flush, flush, flush, flush!! Just keep on drinking that water hun and those pounds will be gone in no time! Trust me, I've been there! For me though, it's food--not wine. When I overdo it, it's always with stuff that's either sweet or loaded with sodium! Blech! Just keep on drinking your water!!!

Nella~ I'll get kitty pics up soon, just so busy this week! Way to get that workout in hun!!

Okay! So, I did some personals...yeah, only for this one page, but it's a start right?

Tummy, MsP, SG, Mystical and all the rest of you lovely ladies you're doing awesome and I hope you're having a great morning!!!

Well, got most of the downstairs spic and span yesterday and my laundry room is looking fantabulous!! I got all of my mason jars set aside so that I can start assembling my Hot Chocolate Mix in a Jar gifts (once I find the dang mint chocolate chips that is) and whatever other '________ Mix in a Jar' I end up making. The play room is still a disaster and I'll be tackling that today after I head to the grocery store.

Up .4 this morning--might be retention, I dunno, I'm not sweatin' it. Got my Plyo in already I love it when my workouts are kid free!!!

I feel like I've been running non-stop the past week and I think it's trying to catch up with me. I have a nice deep cough brewing and my chest is nice and icky. I will not let it turn into a full blown cold though--nope. I don't go for that. I don't have time for crap like that! I have quilts to sew, gifts to make and buy, wrapping to start...ya know, stuff!!

Well, better get going. I need to get the boys out the door and hit the shower so I can run to the store and get it out of the way. I wanted to make more progress on the quilt last night and it didn't happen so I will be working on it today after the playroom gets overhauled.

Have a great day and don't forget to smile!! And be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!!

Last edited by iDream; 11-17-2009 at 08:16 AM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #267  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Sandye-Take care of yourself, woman! You sound like the enegizer bunny, but it'll catch up with ya if ya don't get the down time you need. Yay on getting the downstairs cleaned up! I am catchnig up on laundry and planning today. I'm more relaxed when I'm caught up on those 2 things!

LTTG- Get to work on that exercise! Get to it!!

moon fairy-Way to make it work for ya! Don't ya just hate it when you forget stuff in the morning. It all worked out though.

jellofer-Yikes! That musta been a shock to see on the scale. Of course you know it's not fat, but still... Another lesson learned, right? Get your water and get back on plan and you're good to go. Yay on the pants, though!!

GivTLC-Thanks! And YAY on the 2.2 pounds! Keep up that good work!!

Lauranna-I'm with Sandye on this. CONGRATS on the smoke free 2 weeks!! That's AWESOME!! Your weight will come off. At least the fluctuations are less. Maybe it's salt in your food or whatever that has brought you back up a little. The point is, it'll happen, but enjoy the tremendous accomplishment of becoming smoke free!! That's part of the journey too!

Gekster-Glad the service was nice. And very smart way to account for your food! Look at you making such good choices and counting everything! NICE!

VickiLou-I always start the month out slow...maybe you'll have a really strong end of the month! Anyway, whatever your goal is...keep making those good choices and it'll happen!!

Jessicado-WOW!! Congrats on all those victories!! You're becoming and stronger healthier woman by the day!!

Shari-I'm sure your friend appreciated it a lot! Good luck on the transfer!!

KimL-Ooooh, that sounds AWFUL! I'm so glad you're back and feeling better. Best wishes catching up on all your work and getting fully recovered!

Quick update: I am still up my 1 pound from Sunday. I was POP yesterday, so I'm not sure what's up with that. Might be from the ST'ing or something. No worries. It'll come off soon and take that extra little bit with it so I can move on toward maintenance range!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Thanks MsP and Nella and Idream. Yep it is just water. Already down another pound this morning. had a great workout with the PT today and now for more water before the doctor appointment. I am not bent out of shape over it as I understand the why. This is easier to take than the 3 weeks I fought with the same 2 pounds. So it goes.

The pants thing is great though. I so loved it. I am trying to catch a cold and feel sort of lousy today so I am just gonna curl up on the couch until time to see doctor then I gotta work the princess shift tonight. Just four hours so not to bad. Then I get 3 days to myself. So plan is to be back at 240. by Friday. Lots of water and perfect on plan.

Idream.....I too am a quilter. I just haven't had time to sew. But I think maybe I will this week. It is a nice thing to do when you are not feeling to well. Plus, it is hard to eat when you are sick.

Love and light to my peeps!!!

Jen
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #269  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Ms_P - Oh I hate it when you're all prepared to go to a certain place and it changes suddenly! It def. can throw you off.

mystical - You're making your own Christmas cards?!?! That's cool I wish I were crafty, sounds fun!

Tummy - Eating before you go to a party, now that's commitment - I like your game face Have fun on your kid free shopping day

Nella - Yay for being OP!

Shrinking - You'll get there - 189lbs will be here in no time. And well done on that NSV, bagels are always hard to resist, especially fresh ones!

Jasonslea - a Hero eh well I like the sound of that

Jessica - Wow! The 220's Congrats and well done with the running - I can't run for that long, maybe one day.

Gekster - Great idea - taking a photo of what you ate. Sounds like you made good food choices.

LTTG -

Lauranna - Well done one 2 weeks without smoking

GivTLC - 202lbs lost - well done

jellofer - at least you recognized you went off plan and got right back to it. You'll lose those pounds in no time.

moon - Good for you! I have often been in the same situation and just not worked out when I got home - damn I can be real lazy when it comes to things like that

iDream - It's hard to kick a cold to the curb when you are going non-stop, I know what that's like. I hope you are feeling better.

As for me, I stayed at 201.5 over the weekend. (which is good considering I had 2 birthday dinners this weekend) Trying to drink plenty of water today - I will weigh in again tomorrow, hopefully will see a drop.

Have a happy and OP day!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Morning!

Nella - Did you do your workout, hmmmm? Just checking in on you. And how's today's food, still Op? Have a great day!

SG - I appreciate that, I've never thought of that before, I think I know one or two woman who think of themselves as skinny, and they are lifelong rail sorts that can't gain weight and have body like a teenage boys (their words, lol, not mine) and they wish they were curvy. And what I've learned about myself is that skinny to me isn't even an ideal anymore. I was waiting at the checkout in wal-mart the other day for about 15-20 minutes and was watching what people were buying in relation to how healthy they looked, weight and things. Oddly enough, I never noticed how many heavy people there are, which is funny since I was one and second, even a lot of "skinny" ppl were buying horrible food and they looked terrible, their skin was unhealthy, hair didn't look good and they just looked sick. It really brought home the fact that healthy and fit is so much more important than a size b/c anyway when we do this long enough, the size will come. Kudos on the bagels! I hated the kitchen at work, it was like walking through a mine field.

MsP - Darn maintenance being the same, lol, but I hope I have prepared myself mentally for it, I think so but we'll see, we are all a work in progress after all . My friend actually told me about the obesity thing, she's recovering anorexic (10 years now) but she considers herself an eating disorder survivor to keep it in perspective that she needs to work at it daily and give herself credit for how hard she worked. She suggested that it's probably the same idea on the opposite end of the scale too, and I would have to agree.

Kim - Omgoodess, I'm glad you're alright, that sounds absolutely terrible. They're rationing the vaccines up here to make sure there's enough for the high risk folks first. Take care of yourself

JasonLea - Congrats on helping out your friend, sometimes it is who you know, lol.

Jessicado - Yeah on the sizes, that's incredible, you're going to have to find yourself a new store soon! LOL on the huge ***, that just made me laugh. Brag away baby! That run is incredible and marathon woman, we will be making sure!

VickieLou - 9 lbs sounds fantastic anyway and you're still losing so don't forget to give yourself credit!

Gekster - lmao on the picture that's awesome and resourceful! I'll have to remember that. WTG on making good choices to take a picture of too.

LTTG, Nella - I know it's a day late but better late than never.

Lauranna - on two weeks, I was just looking back at your post from the beginning of the challenge and was hoping you were keeping it up. Honestly, as a former (2 years now) 10 year, pack a day smoker I can't even imagine trying to drink while quitting, that is the craziest resolve. I don't even drink a lot now and it's been two years, lol. The weight will come off, the quitting is so worth it, wtg!

GivTLC - Thanks so much, and you guys all inspire me! Woohoo on those pounds too, that's fantastic and you're almost into the 150's!

Jellofer - Congrats on the pants that's great and a true indication of the loses right? That's some water weight, my goodness. I have experienced that on low carb before, the water weight can be frightening but it'll be gone in no time, we are all a work in progress, lol.

Moonfairy - Loving the determination! I think that's great, when we want to do it, there are no excuses that stand in the way.

Sandye - You are like a tornado, lol, I envision the tazmainian devil spinning everywhere. I got bath salts in a jar one year that I really liked. Have fun but don't overdo it, remember no cardio with a chest cold! We need you healthy.

Lauren - It's the only way I can be totally sure that I'm op, especially at kids bday parties, its all cake and pizza and hotdogs and there's not even a small quantity of that that I want in my body at this point. Turned out there was some fruit and veggies though so I ate some of that. I'm sure some ppl think I have an eating disoder with my little plate of carrots and celery and strawberries but I no longer care on a drop tomorrow, you and GiveTLC are so close!

Great evening last night, delightful adult conversation and the kids kept each other occupied nicely. Workouts done for the day although it's supposed to be 12 degrees today so I'm almost tempted to go for a little run this afternoon to enjoy the nice weather, I mean that's almost shorts weather up here!

Nice boring day today, menu planning, grocery list making, christmas shopping list and all the fun stuff to get ready for a kid free shopping day. Not to mention my textbooks came from my college so I can't wait to flip through those, my first course is human anatomy, can't wait, I took it first year university too and I loved it but it's a toughy.

My weight is still bouncing around 146.8, 147, 147.2, not the nicest but I'm sore like no tomorrow after killing my STing workout yesterday, so i'll be happy with that and go get busy with all my stuff.

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 11-17-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote