Old 08-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Blueridge - sounds like you have a lot going on! But I know you want onederland, right? Once you're done with your move, I'm sure you'll jump right back into it!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Kpme - Welcome back! Sounds like you had an awesome vacation and only a small price to pay on the scale. Seems worth it! Good luck with starting school again. I'd definitely love to make some sort of pact - maybe no stress eating around exam time or no snacking while studying. Grad school is not conducive to healthy living!

Dancer - Thanks for your insight. I had a much better day yesterday and hopefully a few more good days will get me right back on track. I know I'm being hard on myself but I feel like I've come so far and have embraced this new lifestyle, so when I slip, it just seems like such a big setback, but it's really not. It happens to everyone! And congrats on the loss! WTG!

Blueridge - Thanks for the advice! I actually do write down everything I eat every day, even when I overeat and even though I'm technically in maintenance now. It definitely helps most of the time and keeps me on track. Like Dancer said, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, but make sure to get right back at it when you've settled down! It's so easy to let things slip away and the more time goes by, the harder it is to get back in control, at least in my experience! I know you'll be fine though!

As for me, like I said before, I'm doing better and feeling more in control. Luckily, my high calorie week didn't bring my weight out of my maintenance range, which is kind of surprising, but maybe that just means that my body needed a lot of food to go with all the exercise! Just for this week, I'm scaling down the running just a bit (no 6 milers) to give my shins and knees a break, so I'm hoping I won't be quite so hungry all the time. I really loved seeing 134.8 on the scale for a few days, so I'm hoping to get back there.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings and seeing my through a tough adjustment into maintenance and into a new school year. You girls are the best!

5/21/09(SW): 147.4
5/25/09: 145.8
5/31/09: 144.6
6/8/09: 143.6
6/15/09: 140.8
6/22/09: 140.4
6/29/09: 138.8
7/6/09: 137.4
7/13/09: 137.4
7/20/09: 138.4
7/27/09: 137.6
8/3/09: 139.0
8/10/09: 138.4
8/17/09: 134.8
8/24/09: 136.8
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #408  
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone! First of all I want to thank you all for you encouragement when I first mentioned my medical problems....it really means alot. I'm sorry I haven't been around...real sorry. I have had my follow up with the doc and the cyst have gotten smaller and now we can continue with the fertility treatments. That's the good news.

The bad news is, I am an emotional nut and I let that take over my life. In the last month I went from 178.8 to 190.2! I am back down to 188.8 but still I really didn't know how much I was used to working out and eating right. But when I stopped the workouts (doctor's orders) all I wanted to do was eat. I am constantly hungry...I want to eat all the time. I wake up thinking about food. It is ridiculous....seriously I'm obssesed with food. I didn't get this way when we did fertility with our DD.

That being said I am even more encouraged to get the lead out. My hubby and I are starting the workouts tonight. I'm a little worried though that I will be knocked right back off the tracks soon. We are trying for another baby, and between the hormones (fertility meds), possible pregnancy, I'm going back to school, working full time, taking care of the house and family, and have also devoted myself to church....I'm afraid I'm taking on too much at once. Hubby says taking care of myself should be more important than anything else, but I tend to put it last.

Anyway, off my soapbox. I just wanted to update all of you.
wannabeskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:59 PM   #409  

wannabe - oh, honey - you have a lot on your plate right now. My buddy just had a baby after lots of time dealing with fertility treatments and boy, there's just so much going on with your body and your hormone levels that it's super hard to concentrate on weight loss but I sure admire you for giving it your best shot!

TC - sounds like you are doing great! Isn't it interesting to start treating your body like a highly efficient machine? Eating as fuel for exercise? Curious to see how this week goes and if your hunger drops a bit...
Old 08-25-2009, 08:02 AM   #410  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

I am so happy, I can hardly believe I have "caught up" with my projected weight loss in this challenge.

I was a little behind, and when you're a post-menopausal, hypothyroid woman, it's hard to make it up when you get behind. I changed it up this week by eating as soon as I got up in the morning and eating mini-meals 4x a day and that seems to have speeded me up! Yay! (And knock on wood, LOL.)

Black is goal, red is actual. The blank weigh-ins are when I was traveling and don't know what I weighed.

June 1:....260....260
June 8:....259....257
June 15:..257... 256
June 22:..255... 255
June 29:..254
July 6:....253
July 13:..251
July 20:..250 ... 250
July 27:..249 ... 247(class reunion July 31st goal)
Aug 3:....248
Aug 10:..246 ... 247
Aug 17:..245 ... 246
Aug 24:..243 ... 243
Aug 31:..241

LABOR DAY Sept 7:....239

Last edited by CJZee; 08-25-2009 at 08:04 AM.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #411  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/145

Height: 5' 2"

Default Next challenge?

So good to see so many people posting this week -- successes and challenges alike -- it's always helpful to see both to keep a realistic perspective!

So I realize that Labor Day is coming up fast! How cool is that? Well, it's bad because it means summer is over, but how great is it that this board is still going strong?

So what kind of celebration will we plan for ourselves? Some of us are going to hit our goals...some of us (like me) will fall a bit short, but regardless, I'd love to morph us into another challenge to continue into the fall. Ideas? Perhaps Thanksgiving is a good target...so much to be thankful for, and the dangerous beginning of the holiday season!

I can't believe I'm talking about November already. Argh!

TC -- Consider the grad student pact sealed...more details to come. I ESPECIALLY need motivation during exam period, when I tend to get out of control.

Wannabe - hang in there! It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now. I agree with your hubby that you've got to take care of yourself. One day at a time!
kpme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #412  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

Cool what a month it's been!

so, i woke up monday morning to 176.4 and was pretty sad. i was doing good until sunday, the day before. it was bound to happen though. i've been eating fast food for the last week, had some drinks this weekend, made a special cake for my dd's 2yr bday and had some of that, just not even trying to "watch it". for various reasons, including being bored with the same foods, i haven't been eating healthy at all or drinking anywhere near the amount of water i should have been drinking. PLUS i hadn't exercised (until last night) since the 17th of Aug. I'm trying to not be too hard on myself but at the same time, most of it is my fault. work was super busy for all of july and up till last friday, then i was sick and got sick again, and then ny daughter got sick, it was dh's and dd's bday this past weekend, then it was TOM and i had unusually painful cramps....just so much going on. BUT, i am back on track with my eating today and exercised last night and will for the rest of the week. i probably will rest on sunday. i'm curious to see how much damage control i can do this week.

glad to see that most are still hanging in there and doing an excellent job!

sw: 180.4
gw: 168

June 15: 180.4
June 22: 179.8
June 29: 176.4
July 6: 175.4
July 13: 175.4
July 20: 177.6 bummer!!!!
July 27: 175.8....i can see it's time to step up my game
Aug 3: 173.8 yay!
Aug 10: 174.2
Aug 17: 172.8
Aug 24: 176.4....
Aug 31:

Sept 7: (final weigh-in)

Last edited by onestar; 08-25-2009 at 01:31 PM.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #413  

CJ - a big giant woooohooo in your direction! You are doing great - way to go!

kpme - I love the idea of a thanksgiving challenge! Anything to keep me going so that I'm ready to wear a bathing suit in January! I'm going to lower my goal to 145ish as soon as I get to 160 so I'll need lots more support to make it that far, I'm sure!

NSV for me today - ran 5 miles for the first time since college!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #414  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

wannabeskinny - hang in there! you are dealing with so much so I think it's ok to cut yourself some slack. good for you for getting back into a regular exercise routine with your hubby... I have found that stress is much easier to handle when I'm exercising regularly. Good luck with the treatments!

CJZee - woohooo way to go on catching up!!!

kpme - I am DEFINITELY up for a Thanksgiving challenge! I joined a Christmas challenge but they're not chatty ladies like the ones we have here, so not a whole lot of support or anything. I'm ready for another challenge!

onestar - sometimes life gets in the way! The only thing we can do is just pick up where we left off and keep moving forward.

dancer - WOW!!! 5 miles, you rock! Way to go!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #415  

fatpants - I'm reposting this from earlier this weekend - wanted to thank you again for your tips! We had such a nice weekend in Co Spgs (visit to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo to feed the giraffes, etc, walk around Garden of the Gods, dinner at Phantom Canyon Brewery, ice cream for him/sorbet for me at Josh and Johns, great hike up Stanley Canyon) - what a pretty city you live in! That hike was tough but rewarding - thank your husband for his warning about the rockiness!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #416  

Wannabe - Sorry to hear about all of the stressful things you have going on! It seems like the best thing to do is take a few deep breaths and tackle things one at a time instead of looking at the big picture and getting overwhelmed by how much you have to juggle! And I think you've already done that, seeing as you and your hubby are starting to work out again! That's the perfect first step and I'm sure it'll help you deal with everything that's happening! Good luck!

CJ - Congrats on catching up! How exciting!!

Dancer - I've been trying to think about food exactly how you described it - as fuel! Sometimes it works, sometimes I just want to eat, but I'm really working on it. My hunger hasn't been as bad this week but my desire to munch all night is still there, unfortunately. I've been keeping my calories in control but it's pretty much impossible for me to eat under 1500 cals/day anymore! I don't know how I did it before. Maybe my metabolism has gotten faster? I'm not eating 1600-1800 and could still eat more...haha. Gotta be careful with all that extra exercise!

Kpme - I know what you mean about exams! I have one next Friday and while I'm not stress eating quite yet (and hopefully won't start!), it's so easy to say, ok just for this week, I'll let myself eat and not worry about things. But it's during these stressful/chaotic times that our bodies need the best care and food that's good for us! Please remind me of that next week!

And yes, can we PLEASE have another challenge? I hope it's ok with you guys that I'm just maintaining for now. I may try to lose those last 5-7 pounds but I'm not ready to embark on that yet. Can I still join the next challenge? I feel like I've gotten so close to you all and I can't imagine not checking in every Monday and hearing about your weeks and knowing I can be totally open and honest about my hard days! You girls are the best!!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #417  

TC - oh, honey! Of course you can join the next challenge - don't be silly! Anyone that's trying to maintain such a low weight definitely qualifies : )
Old 08-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #418  

wannabe - I've been there in the world of hormone changes and other biological craziness. Your challenge is just to take care of yourself in the midst of this and make healthy choices and know that the numbers are your scale are being impacted by so many factors, and not to let yourself get discouraged. Hang in there!

CJ - great job, you are right on track.

Takingcharge - keep up the great work. nothing wrong with maintaining when you are where you are!

I agree - I'd love to be included in the next challenge. I'm pretty behind with all the complications of a month away in Boston and med changes and moving, but I did lose on this challenge and definitely appreciate the accountability. And, yes, I still have my sights set on onderland!!! BEFORE Thanksgiving, if I can pull it off.

Made it to the gym yesterday for what has now become my regular workout on elliptical/treadmill followed by free weights. And with moving pretty much finished have gotten my eating back on track which feels good.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #419  

Dancer and blueridge - Thanks for the letting me play!

I definitely need to stay accountable, as I had another bad night last night, eating about 2300 calories!! I feel like I need to go back into weight loss mentality because I'm clearly being too relaxed and not watching my calories. I really don't NEED 2300 calories, even if I can eat that much and maintain. What I need more is to keep making healthy choices and not eat until I'm too full to move. That's not what a healthy person does! That was my long-winded way of saying I need you girls and I'm so happy to have you!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #420  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancerindenver View Post
fatpants - I'm reposting this from earlier this weekend - wanted to thank you again for your tips! We had such a nice weekend in Co Spgs (visit to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo to feed the giraffes, etc, walk around Garden of the Gods, dinner at Phantom Canyon Brewery, ice cream for him/sorbet for me at Josh and Johns, great hike up Stanley Canyon) - what a pretty city you live in! That hike was tough but rewarding - thank your husband for his warning about the rockiness!
Whoops! I totally missed this..that's what I get for not going back where I left off.. lol.

So glad you had a good time down here!! I love Garden of the Gods... I run there every Saturday morning (that is where my 5k is in 2 weeks!) and Phantom Canyon...that's one of the best places to eat/have a beer. Wow you really hit all the highlights! I was just at the zoo not too long ago for my hubby's company picnic... did you see the Rocky Mountain exhibit? I think that's the closest I ever want to get to a mountain lion. Glad your hike went well, too... now I'm interested in hiking up there too! Next time you are down here we will have to meet up for a beer!

Last edited by Fat Pants; 08-27-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote