Old 07-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

I'm hanging in there, at a conference in hot and steamy Palm Springs, and trying to make good choices. But I've been working out hard in the gym, taking advantage of the numerous pools here, and mostly eating well...except for the networking time at the bar! Tonight I think I'll just have a glass of wine, then move on to club soda and lime, though. I really want to post another loss on Monday!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Keep up the good work, Judy! I know how hard that is when you're traveling.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #303  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

YAY FRIDAY! It's been a long week.

Just dropping by for my official weigh in...

SW: 185
CW: 175.6
GW: 165

So 10 lbs to go until goal and just over 7 weeks left? Hmm that's going to be a close one...
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #304  

Hello friends,

Seem like a common theme in several of our posts are the calories from cocktails that can throw us off track...that has been my experience up in Boston, too!

It's been pretty hit or miss - I'm still doing a lot of walking, avoiding ice cream, having healthy breakfasts, but then I will have sort of a big mess-up. Like Thursday night a friend and I met up to go to a museum and then dinner and we ended up getting turned around driving around downtown Boston (!) and didn't get to the restaurant til 8:30 or something and of course by then were both super hungry. We ate a whole pizza between us - thin crust, and it wasn't greasy or tons of cheese, and it had a bunch of veggies, but still.

So yesterday I was recovering from my big pizza eating and went pretty light. Dinner was whole wheat crackers and hummus, followed by two mojitos at a bar in Allston. The mint in the mojito is green and leafy but I DON'T think it counts as a veggie...lol.

Wasn't sure what to expect scale-wise, so I stepped on this morning even though it is not an official weigh-in day, and it's at 212, which is a 1/2 lb gain from when I arrived in Boston two weeks ago. All told, that's not bad - pretty much maintaining my 24 pound loss. In past years I've always gained. But I've got 2 weeks left in Boston and would love to get out of the 210s by the time I return home - 209.8 would be fabulous.

I'll try to check in more often to keep myself motivated, and will do my 30 day shred dvd which has been collecting dust in my room here.

Thanks everyone and congrats on your continued progress.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:57 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone -- I've been absent from this thread because I've been traveling since June 24 and haven't had much internet access. I must say it's harder to stick to plan when you're eating meals out with friends constantly, but it's good for me to "test" myself in real situations instead of just eating at home where I can totally control food.

Black is goal, red is actual. I'm weighing in a day early because I'm still out of town and don't have constant internet access. I'm "skipping" the intermittent weigh-ins because I don't know what I weighed, but I'm amazed I'm so on track with this challenge even without checking in every week! Yay me! (Is that ok???)

I have a class reunion July 30, and my mini-goal for that was 249 so I only have one more pound to go! That makes me happy, somehow it was important I reach that 249 mark by the reunion.

June 1:....260....260
June 8:....259....257
June 15:..257... 256
June 22:..255... 255
June 29:..254
July 6:....253
July 13:..251
July 20:..250 ... 250
July 27:..249 (class reunion July 31st goal)
Aug 3:....248
Aug 10:..246
Aug 17:..245
Aug 24:..243
Aug 31:..241

LABOR DAY Sept 7:....239
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:37 AM   #306  
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Height: 5'7"

WOW! Everyone you are all doing so good. I'm proud of us! Well, I got more bad news from the doc. I have an ovarian cyst (actually I have multiple cyst due to PCOS but I have 1 bad one) b/c of it my right ovary is 2x the size of my uterus. He is waiting about a month off fertility meds to see if the swelling will go down if not who knows what he will do. In the mean time he said take it easy...I had the nurse define this...no exercising, no lifting over 10lbs, don't exert myself at all, no vacuuming, don't do to much walking, she said you don't have to sit around with your feet up but take it easy. All of this b/c the cyst could rupture (not good) or twist (not good) if it twist it will cut off the blood supply to my ovary...basically killing it. Anyway. I'm okay with all this now, I just thought I should mention it b/c it is really going to make my goal next to impossible not being able to workout for atleast a month. I was pretty upset over the weekend, and did a lot of emotional eating. It's so hard to explain to your 2yo why you can't pick her up. But all this makes today's weigh-in that much more exciting...drum-roll please......

Just think what it could have been had I skipped the emotional eating and actually worked out! Still 13.8lbs in 7 weeks with no exercise isn't possible anymore but we'll just have to see where I end up.

SW:187
Goal by Labor Day: 165

June 29:183.6
July 6: 183.6 should be 182.0 dang it
July 13:182.4 TOM...so maybe more?
July 20:178.8 WOOHOO!!!!
July 27:
Aug 3:
Aug 10:
Aug 17:
Aug 24:
Aug 31:

LABOR DAY Sept 7:
wannabeskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #307  

Wannabe - way to go! Sorry about your bad health news (that sounds really tough) but if you make careful food choices you can still make progress slowly - keep up the good work!

CJZee - woo-hoo!! Great job!

blueridge - maintaining is a win when you're outside of your normal routine - good for you!

fatpants - a big colorado congrats, girl! You're doing great.

I'm on track although my eating yesterday wasn't so great - I've noticed that if I pick Sunday as an exercise rest day, I get the munchies in the evening so I'll have to work on changing that. Overall, I'm doing better than I thought I would and I'm a bit ahead of schedule but I imagine I'll hit a plateau sometime soon here.

June 8:190: 190
June 15:188: 189
June 22:188: 188
June 29:186: 187
July 6:184: 184
July 13:182: 181
July 20:182: 179
July 27:180
Aug 3:178
Aug 10:176
Aug 17:176
Aug 24:174
Aug 31:172

LABOR DAY Sept 7: 170
Old 07-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Wannabe - I'm so sorry to hear that you're not doing so well. I know a month seems like forever, but in the grand scheme of things, if that's all it takes to get things back on track, that's really not too bad. And what you can control during this time is the kind of food you put into your body, so try to keep yourself healthy and be kind to your body!

Dancer - You're kicking butt, girl! Keep it up!

CJ, Fatpants, blueridge and everyone else here - Same to you girls! I'm so impressed with everyone. Seriously, you all inspire me so much!

As for me...I predicted last week that the scale would not be pretty today and unfortunately, I was right. Up 1 full pound from last week, but I know exactly why, and honestly, I'm ok with it! I was visiting my best gf's from college this weekend in DC and was surprising healthy most of the time, EXCEPT for Saturday night, when 3 bottles of wine split between 3 relatively small girls got the best of me and I ate tortilla chips, banana bread, candy and restaurant bread, none of which I've had in 4 months. I felt like total crap the next day but I got back last night, went on a 4.2 mile run this morning and am completely back on track. So the moral of the story is that life happens and you have to let it, as long as you go right back to where you were before and don't dwell, you'll be fine!

Ah, sorry about the novel! Have a great week everyone!

5/21/09(SW): 147.4
5/25/09: 145.8
5/31/09: 144.6
6/8/09: 143.6
6/15/09: 140.8
6/22/09: 140.4
6/29/09: 138.8
7/6/09: 137.4
7/13/09: 137.4
7/20/09: 138.4
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Grrr...the scale hasn't yet reflected my commitment to losing a little bit every week but I'll do my best to make this National Whoosh Week! I did hard and long workouts three of the five days I was on the road, plus a hour of cardio and a half hour torture session with the personal trainer yesterday. I think that my face looks thinner, and I feel lighter. But I wasn't as careful about calories as I could have been while I was away, and I probably took in lots of salt as well. And a few mighty tasty but high-calorie margaritas Now that I'm back home, I will do my best and hope to gain some ground on the next weigh-in.

Wannabe, I'm sorry about this latest challenge. You seem to be pretty focused and well-grounded, so I'm sure that you won't let this derail your hard work so far.

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #310  

Judy - I bet you'll see a quick change in the next few days as you lose some of the water you're most likely retaining. Love the idea of whoosh week!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #311  

Hi all,

Didn't get a chance to touch base yesterday, but I'm continuing to hold steady in the 212-213 range. Today is rainy and yucky outside so I'm planning to do my 30 day shred video as soon as I finish my reading for class.

Wannabe - I have ovarian cysts, too, but haven't encountered anything as seriously as you have. You will be in my thoughts! Hang in there and do all you can to maintain a positive attitude. You know we are all rooting for you.

Takingcharge - I hear you about the wine...I end up eating out with friends and it's so easy to have two glasses of wine with dinner and those calories really add up. I am staying home today - alcohol-free day. I almost never drink in Virginia, but being up here it's just easy to fall into the habit. But it sounds like you got right back on track with your run!

CJ - you are hitting your targets with great precision. I sure you will feel confident going to your class reunion!

We rock, ladies!!!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #312  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

Default my clothes are getting a little snug again... aw, man

i know i'm checking in late, but oh well. not all that excited to even be checking in. gained 2 lbs. this past week. lets see, i havent exercised AT ALL since the 17th, been eating all junk food, and have been feeling very very sluggish and fatigued. maybe cause i been doing all of the above. ya think? well, i think i'm reaching my breaking point. where i feel like total crap and theres nowhere to go but up. oh yeah, exercise helps with depression. so i kind of need to. this is exactly how i felt before i started my journet in dec. and thats how i knew it was time i did something about it. i'm not feeling too sleepy tonight so i will go work out. over the rest of this week i'm going to try doing my exercise in the mornings and hopfully my daughter wont wake up. i'm just too tired when i get home from work.

June 15: 180.4
June 22: 179.8
June 29: 176.4
July 6: 175.4
July 13: 175.4
July 20: 177.6 bummer!!!!
July 27:
Aug 3:
Aug 10:
Aug 17:
Aug 24:
Aug 31:

LABOR DAY SEPT. 7:
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #313  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/145

Height: 5' 2"

Default Hump day already...

Morning ladies,

Sorry to be late this week -- it's been tough getting into the swing of things. I was also holding off because as predicted I gained weight on my canoe trip. A LOT of weight. I'd say my initial weigh-in on Monday I was up about 2-3 pounds. Our trip was large (10 people) so it was hard for people to plan their meals and we all ended up eating and drinking too much. And the cookies, and the brownies, and the gorp....you get the idea.

Glad to report that my efforts to stop the damage seem to be working and I'm already back in my range from last week's weigh in (168.8). I will add some extra cardio -- I want a woosh week next week, too! I am realizing that I will be cutting it close to meet my 10% goal by the end of the challenge (my end date is Sept 20). I'm going to give it my best!

So it seems like many of us are having a tough week this week...and realizing that booze packs on the calories. Funny how we're all tracking in parallel ways....like how women all start to get their TOM at the same time?

Onestar and Wannabe, hang in there! We've all been through those setbacks before large and small. Keep your end goal in mind and take it one day at a time. One decision at a time if you need to.

Have a good Wednesday, ladies.

kp
kpme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:03 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/145

Height: 5' 2"

Default Hump day already...

Morning ladies,

Sorry to be late this week -- it's been tough getting into the swing of things. I was also holding off because as predicted I gained weight on my canoe trip. A LOT of weight. I'd say my initial weigh-in on Monday I was up about 2-3 pounds. Our trip was large (10 people) so it was hard for people to plan their meals and we all ended up eating and drinking too much. And the cookies, and the brownies, and the gorp....you get the idea.

Glad to report that my efforts to stop the damage seem to be working and I'm already back in my range from last week's weigh in (168.8). I will add some extra cardio -- I want a woosh week next week, too! I am realizing that I will be cutting it close to meet my 10% goal by the end of the challenge (my end date is Sept 20). I'm going to give it my best!

So it seems like many of us are having a tough week this week...and realizing that booze packs on the calories. Funny how we're all tracking in parallel ways....like how women all start to get their TOM at the same time?

Onestar and Wannabe, hang in there! We've all been through those setbacks before large and small. Keep your end goal in mind and take it one day at a time. One decision at a time if you need to.

Have a good Wednesday, ladies.

kp
kpme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #315  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies! Just another mid-week check in with a little announcement: I'm officially ready to maintain! What does that mean? Pretty much nothing, in the sense that I'm not changing much about my food (except maybe an extra 100-200 cals on heavy exercise days) and I've actually increased my exercise, but this is BIG for me mentally. I've had my mind set on 130 (for no reason, really) so being stuck at 137 has just made me frustrated instead of proud that I'm maintaining my 19lb loss! I'm already at my goal of being a comfortable size 6 (even a 2 or 4 in skirts and dresses!) and more importantly, I'm taking care of my body and giving it all the nutrients and exercise it needs. What more do I want?

My new goals are now related to running, as I've signed up for a 10K in October and a half marathon in February (ah!). With my increase in running, I feel like 1200 or even 1300 calories every day just isn't reasonable - hence the focus on maintaining and not severely cutting my calories.

So I guess my new challenge goal is to maintain and any weight loss will just be the cherry on top (haha). This is such an emotional journey and I'm so happy that I get to share it with all of you! Thanks so much for listening and always being there. You guys mean the world to me!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote