Old 06-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #136  

Hi Ladies!

I can't believe the week is almost at a close, it is crazy how time is going. I did manage to work out 2x this week, but my eating has been pretty poor. I am considering joining Jenny Craig this weekend- I have a consultation on Saturday to go over the program. I have tried it in the past, and was successful, but it was the price that ultimately made me give it up. If I do join, I will just have to nix the trips to Starbucks, work lunches, etc. - so that the food cost can end up being what I usually spend per week.

Everyone seems to be powering along, which rocks! I will admit I've been losing a bit of my mojo, but just reading the successes and the healthy habits you girls follow everyday really helped pick me back up!

Edzard- welcome back! Hope you had a lovely holiday, the weighs in are still on Monday- nice to see you again on the board!

Blueridge- Sorry to hear about the bloating caused by your medication, that can't be easy. You are doing an amazing job working towards your goal! I hope the doctor will be able to give you a smaller dose of medication on Monday

TakingCharge- Great job keeping the calories in moderation and cutting out the major snacking- keep up the great work!

DancerinDenver- I know exactly how you feel about the scale not budging- ahh! It can be really irritating especially when you know you are working hard. Keep up your excellent work and I hope you'll see a little difference by next weigh in!

Gatorgirl- Great work on a healthy week! Your meals seem balance and your are getting in your exercise, who hoo! Night time eating is always such a tempation for me as well, I think the best thing I can do is to just go to bed early- because when I'm watching the late show at like midnight, my mind goes straight to snacking, lol.

Have a great evening girls and a happy Friday tommorow
leantoinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Question for you all - have you noticed your sleep patterns changing at all as you diet? I used to sleep through the night pretty solidly until the alarm went off in the morning but now I'm waking up every few hours during the night (and falling back to sleep within a few minutes so it isn't too bad) and sometimes waking up for the day super early (like 5ish) without the alarm. I'm exercising more than I used to so I would have expected to be out like a log. Anyone else run into this kind of thing temporarily or is this just some weird pattern I'll need to get used to?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #138  

Dancer, my sleep patterns have changed, but starting my weight loss program coincidented with a new job and a big life change, so I attribute the sleep pattern changes more to that than to my change in eating/exercise. I do find that if I work out after dinner (like a brisk walk from 7-8 pm) I have a harder time falling asleep since I get ramped up with endorphins. I try to work out earlier in the day, but my schedule doesn't always allow it and I figured better later than not at all.

Not expecting a loss this week with my bloating situation, but feeling more or less okay with that. Hey, I've still lost 20some pounds in just over 5 months so I guess I can't complain. It's a gorgeous day here so I'm going to go for a long walk and then lift weights at the gym. I got a bit off track this week with eating and exercise (some unexpected work drama the last few days...plus w/ the bloating I felt like my efforts weren't going to be rewarded by the scale which impacts my motivation) but not ridiculously so.

Have a great weekend everybody!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #139  

Hello all - hope you are enjoying the weekend. I'm feeling great and way less bloated, and the scale has gone down to a respectable 215. I wanted to share my goals with you all, even though I haven't figured out how to get myself a ticker:

starting weight: 236
current weight: 215
First Mini-goal: 213 (10% loss)
Second Mini-goal: 199 (onderland!!!!)
Third Mini-goal: 191 (BMI under 30)
Fourth Mini-goal: 175 (lowest adult weight)
Fifth Mini-goal: 159 (BMI in 'normal' range)

I might tweak these as I go but they seem pretty good for now. If anyone has feedback on them, I'm open to hearing it. I'm already so close to my first mini-goal, so I'm confident I can do this with hard work and support from all of you!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #140  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Those sound that great goals and look how close you are to 10%!!!

To get a ticker and signature set up:
1. On the purple bar at the top of the page click 'User CP'
2. On the left click Edit Signature

From there you can set up a ticker and put those mini goals in your signature. Let me know if you need any help.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #141  

Blueridge - sounds like you have a great set of goals - looking forward to seeing that ticker!
Old 06-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #142  
waisting away

I'm not really looking forward to weigh in tomorrow as much as I was last week. I do think I will be down, but not as much as I would like. I made a horrible decision yesterday and ate half a large pizza. ugh. I guess if that is my only slip up in two weeks, thats not too bad, but I need to learn not to sabotage myself. I don't think I am eating enough calories so I am going to try to not only eat healthy but count calories for a week as well. Anyone have an idea how to decide how many calories I should have?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #143  

Gatorgirl - have you already tried thedailyplate.com? If not, they have a calorie calculator that tells you how much to eat based on what you're trying to do (lose 2lbs/wk, maintain, etc). The site is a little odd because if you use it to track your intake (as I've been doing for a few weeks) and your exercise, it encourages you to eat back what you've exercised which most folks on this site recommend against. If you ignore that wiggy bit about 'net calories', it has an amazing food database. One goof in two weeks sounds pretty darn good but good for you for realizing that it might have been caused by trying to eat too little. Sounds like you're doing great, other than that one meal so you should be feeling great!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #144  
waisting away

Thanks! That gives me a great idea about what I should be doing. I also checked with another site and it said a similar thing. I think it is a good starting point. I love to switch up my diet. I feel like it keeps me interested and keeps my body guessing. I hope to see at least a 1 lb loss tomorrow and hopefully more in the weeks to come.

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey gatorgirl - slipups happen, so don't beat yourself up! I think you did the right thing by identifying why it happened (not eating enough) and joining thedailyplate. I've been using it religiously for 2 months and love it. It keeps me so accountable!

Also, you've been kicking butt in the exercise department, so keep up the good work and don't worry too much about what the scale says tomorrow!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:45 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/145

Height: 5' 2"

Default Weekly check in

Hi ladies,

I missed a week! Sorry about that. Truth be told last week was really busy and I also think I was subconciously avoiding a Monday checkin because LAST Sunday was a huge street fair day and I over did it on all fronts. It was very fun, though! So by the time Monday rolled around I was feeling frustrated with myself and bloated and I decided to put off weigh-in for a few days. (Gator... I just read your last round of posts...sound familiar?)

But I did a good job getting back on track this week and I'm pleased to report I'm down 1.8 this morning. I use fitday.com and it also has some helpful calorie tracking devices both in and out depending upon your goals.

Ankle that I injured a few weeks back hiking is still giving me some problems. Was able to get a few runs in last week but it was a bit sore again this weekend. There's been a ton of rain here in the northeast so perhaps the weather is making it cranky?

Here's to a good week and good weigh-ins everyone!
kpme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:15 AM   #147  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Howdy, everyone! Just checking in for my weekly weigh-in.

SW: 185
CW: 179.8
GW: 165

I am SO FREAKIN' EXCITED to be in the 170s!! I had to do a double take this morning when I looked at the scale...haha. It feels like I spent a lifetime in the 180s. Now I'm determined never to see them again!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #148  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I am down3lbs!4 from the beginning of the challenge. But then had a lapse for a few weeks,and restarted on June 8th!
sw294
cw290.6

Last edited by Tracy; 06-15-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #149  

Default Weekly weigh in

Fatpants - that's awesome - good for you! you must be feeling like a skinny minnie down in the 70s!!

I'm making teeny tiny bits of progress - looks like I lost slightly less than a pound last week but I'm going to round my numbers and not use fractions : ) Since my goal is the same again next week, hopefully I'll nail it then. Kind of frustrated that I haven't lost more but I'll keep on truckin'. At this rate, the dress I have to wear for that wedding is not going to look much better : (

June 8:190: 190
June 15:188: 189
June 22:188
June 29:186
July 6:184
July 13:182
July 20:182
July 27:180
Aug 3:178
Aug 10:176
Aug 17:176
Aug 24:174
Aug 31:172

LABOR DAY Sept 7: 170
Old 06-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #150  

Hi ladies!

I'm happy to report that I am currently at 136.6 on this Monday weigh in, which is a loss of 1.4 lbs from last week! I joined Jenny Craig on Saturday, which made a big difference. All meals are small portioned and I'm eating often, and I was also made sure to exercise Sat & Sun.

Hope everyone has a super monday, I will be back tonight to check in!
leantoinette is offline   Reply With Quote