Old 06-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #166  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I have to go with the philosophy of my sister on this one. We are all already sexy, but we just will be MORE sexy by labor day.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #167  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys, almost done with my finals, I must be nuts to go back to college in my 30's!

Here is my check in (day late, dollar short as they say)

6/16/09 190

I am up some due to eating gluten, which is not allowed because I am allergic to it....when I do eat it among many other things I tend to fluctuate my weight greatly so maybe this will come off once I clean out, lets hope!!

Hope you are all doing great, will catch up on forums after studying for my math final!
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #168  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Another day down,and going strong!
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Good for you, Tracy!! Way to go!

Having trouble adjusting to east coast time and was soooo tired this morning after not going to bed until super late. I postponed exercising until later this afternoon - we'll see how that goes.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #170  

Hi everybody,

Just checking in - it's rainy here but I'll go to the gym this evening for weights and ellliptical (getting my heartrate for 1/2 hour in the 140-150 range). I actually counted calories this morning for breakfast and found that it was about 300 calories, which seems reasonable. Feeling much less bloated and hoping that will help the scale to be friendly to me this week.

I keep reading about Jillian Michael's 30 day shred on different threads so I put it at the top of my netflix and should hopefully receive it by the end of the week. I want to give it a try and hope it will jumpstart my weight loss which has stalled for the last two weeks - anyone else out tried it?

and check out my new ticker!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #171  

oops, trying again here with my tracker...sorry, i'm a bit technologically challenged.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #172  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

had a pretty good day today. i ate OP and got my exercize in. i was watching "The Wedding Singer" on tv while i was on my treadmill. i love that movie. drank lots of water. had an awesome salad with grilled chicken for dinner. hope everyone had a good day too.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:56 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

My updated stats - slow going since the June 8 weight-in. I've been sticking to my eating plan like glue, but I last week I did more water exercise than gym. This week I've committed to go to the gym every day. I do water exercise also because it's relaxing and fun, but it's harder to tell if you're really working hard. Black is goal, red is actual.

June 1:....260....260
June 8:....259....257
June 15:..257... 256
June 22:..255
June 29:..254
July 6:....253
July 13:..251
July 20:..250
July 27:..249 (class reunion July 31st goal)
Aug 3:....248
Aug 10:..246
Aug 17:..245
Aug 24:..243
Aug 31:..241

LABOR DAY Sept 7:....239
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #174  

Good morning everybody,

I got off yesterday because I didn't have a morning snack so I was quite hungry at lunch. I had a salad (fresh garden greens, hard boiled eggs, grapes, apples, vinaigrette) which was good, and then some tortilla chips which was not so good. Also, didn't end up making it to the gym.

Today is a gorgeous day and the rain has finally stopped, so I should be able to get a nice long walk in, and I will have a snack between 10:30-11:30 so I won't be ravenous by lunch. Also, I got up before 7 this morning and did 45 minutes of yoga with some friends before starting my day - not super strenuous or anything, but a great way to start the day, and definitely burns more calories than staying in bed for another hour...lol.

CJ - great job, you are ahead of schedule!

Onestar - nice job staying OP

Let's make it another good one, everybody!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #175  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Another day.I am still going strong!
I can't wait till I get weighed. I know the scale went down.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm so glad I checked in here this morning! After my drop to 140.8 on Monday, I've slowly climbed back up to 141.6. Ugh! I've noticed this as a pattern though - big drop, slow climb up for a few days, and then head back down, but knowing that doesn't help with the frustration. It makes me question if what I'm doing is right, even though I've been 100% OP. But since you all are doing so well and staying on track, I guess I have no choice but to keep trudging along and hoping for the best.

Keep up the good work!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

CJ - wow - you're ahead of goal! nicely done!
Takingcharge - curious about your pattern - is there a particular time of the week that you're showing the loss and then the uptick? Is it maybe related to your workout schedule and retaining water?
Tracy - way to go! You're doing great!
blueridge - I like your approach of understanding why you had a slipup and correcting the next day - sounds like you have this down cold!
onestar - good idea on watching movies while exercising!

I'm a bit nervous about weighing myself tomorrow after traveling on business this week. I've stuck to plan calorie and exercise wise so I should be okay but sometimes that isn't enough to move the dial fast enough for me. One good thing - the calorie restriction doesn't seem as hard to deal with as it did the first week, so I guess that's progress!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Dancer - I'm not sure there's a rhyme or reason to the ups and downs. I did weights yesterday, so I guess that could be part of the gain, but last time this happened, the gain didn't come after a weight training day. The same thing happened about 2 weeks ago, where I had a 2 pound loss over basically 3 days (after a week of nothing), then up .8, and then 3 days of getting back down to the original loss and then some. I'm still a little unsure about the right calorie level for me, because I've had some good losses after 1400-1500 days and some gains after 1200 days, but I'm soooo afraid of increasing my calories and gaining weight!

For those of you counting calories, what's your range? Do you zigzag? If so, how much higher is your high calorie day than your low calorie day?

My weekly average for the past month has been about 1375, with daily lows of 1250 and highs of 1480, so not a huge range, but I'm thinking I need a few higher calorie days (1500ish) just to see how my body reacts. Any thoughts?
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:44 PM   #179  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

i dunno why but i could not sleep last night. i got like 2 hours of sleep. i know i should be passed out right now. i'm about to go to bed. so i didnt ecercize but i did stay OP with regards to food. i'm having the urge to snack tonight, so i had some cherry yogurt and added in some fresh blueberries. it was pretty good.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:20 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/145

Height: 5' 2"

Default Ups, downs, and calories

Hi all,

Just responding to Dancer's question about ups/downs and calories. I, too, find that the scale fluctuates from day-to-day. I'd say that over the course of a week I may swing 3 pounds. I have sort of accepted this as the "way it should be" and am frankly just relieved when I get on the scale for Monday mornings and i'm down from the last Monday! So many things cause my weight to fluctuate...too much salt, bloating from something else, full or empty bladder....I chalk it up to that. Have you already factored in these normal weight fluctuations and, if so, are you fluctuating more than that?

Re: calories. Though I'd love to have averages at about 1,500, it's just not realistic to me. I'd say my averages are at about 1,700 right now. This may seem high, but if I had to ballpark my averages during the school year when I wasn't tracking and wasn't thinking twice about what I put in my mouth and how much of it, I'd say I was probably averaging around 2,500. It's important to me not to feel deprived, so my approach is more making good choices day-to-day (i.e. I will not buy that bag of chips at the grocery store, despite my craving, I am very mindful about my portions, happy hour will be 1 beer instead of 2 or 3...that kind of thing) In doing this, I'd say my averages are at 1,700. Some days have come in under 1,500; others are closer to 1,900 to 2,000. This is working for me (at this point) to more than meet my 500 calorie restriction per day and have weight slowly coming off at about 1 lb a week. This suits my goal and preferences.

I have no doubt that as time goes on I will need to change this approach when I start plateauing and I do want to start taking a good look at all the data I've collected on fitday over the past 1 1/2 months to see what changes I should be making re: nutrition and calories.

Just my 2 cents if it's helpful. I'll let you know if I realize anything anything else that would be helpful to the group.

kp
kpme is offline   Reply With Quote