Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #76  
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Height: 5'8"

Yeehaw! Well ladies, I did GREAT today. I had a blueberry waffle for breakfast with just a smidge of syrup, half a lettuce and tomato sandwich for lunch, and finished my salad from last night's dinner for a pre-dinner healthy fill-up to avoid over eating when I go out with friends for dinner tonight. Plus, despite the peak (I hope) of the heatwave today, I actually got on the Gazelle for 20 minutes today plus did some sit ups and lifted weights. I'm feeling fantastic! :
Old 06-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I like the Christmas clothes thought too.

Maybe one of those little Victoria Secret Santa outfits. DH would definitely help me get the stockings ready then .

I would love the little PJ's though, like the one's from Old Navy... and then a flashy, look at me, sexy red dress.

36 you do look all grown up in that Avatar.

Lumi- I think we grew up on the same side of the tracks, we had nothing either, but that's OK. I'm not sure the rich kids are any happier now than I am and my kids have it better. I think that's what it's about.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #78  
I am a thin person!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

I had a great day! Even though there were some disappointing things going on, and I was frustrated, nervous, anxious, etc. I did not turn to food for comfort. While I now understand why food was a way for me to relax, I do not want it to be my crutch. I also (now this is big for me) am learning to not get mad at myself. I have spent a good amount of time wondering, "What is wrong with me? Why can't I lose weight? Why can other people seem to do it but not me?" I have had, as I am sure we have all had, plenty of angry moments. For whatever reason, it was the best I could do at the time.

I am loving Super Foods by the way. (o:
Old 06-11-2008, 01:56 AM   #79  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

Would someone please please PLEASE give me a swift kick in the keister???

I'm having a HORRIBLE time getting back into the swing of things and that just gets me bummed ... which makes me want "comfort food" ... which typically means lots of carbs (preferably covered in chocolate).
I'm absofreakinlutely flipping out over the idea of having to get on the scale in a couple of days. BUT, at the same time, it might be the that I need.
Ah well. What's done is done, right?
Old 06-11-2008, 09:44 AM   #80  
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Height: 5'8"

Sure thing, Karen! The kick in the butt that got me started on my weight loss journey in the first place was stepping on the scale when I knew I wouldn't like what it said. I was stressed out, and knew what it was doing to my eating habits and activity levels but I kept trying to convince myself it wasn't that bad and making excuses to myself.

When I stepped on the scale I was shocked to see a 2 as the first digit of my weight for the first time in my life. But it really was a GREAT wake-up call. Don't allow yourself to be in denial about the trend toward craving unhealthy food and skipping exercise. Get on that scale, find out EXACTLY where you are. Own this. Break the cycle of "I feel like crap because I've been eating poorly so I'll cheer myself up with food." Sometimes you need a cold hard fact to reflect the emotional state you're in. But don't let your fear of what you might see stop you, because I'll bet you that while it'll be worse than part of you hopes, it will also be better than part of you fears. Don't let that fear paralyze you! Get up RIGHT NOW and check your weight. THEN go for a walk around the block. Nothing huge, just something anything to get you moving, start some new momentum toward healthy habits. Take action!

Oh, and here's one other thing I've found that helps a lot. If you're craving comfort food, make yourself a deal. Something like "Ok, if I do 20 minutes on the treadmill, I can have two cookies." Be specific about both how much you must do to earn it and what you will earn, and don't allow yourself to earn more than a sensible serving of a comfort food. When I do this, more often than not I find the endorphins or whatever other mood-boosting chemicals that exercise creates short-circuits the craving and I don't want it so much anymore. However, I make sure that if I still want it I go ahead and have it. Otherwise it will never work again! Once you've broken your word with yourself this will NEVER work again. Of course, I don't do this all the time; maybe once or twice a week at most and only end up wanting the treat after maybe once in every three or four times. More often and I think this wouldn't work so well. But as an occasional tool to replace bad habits with good ones it works quite well. Instead of diving for food as soon as I need the comfort, I hope one day to automatically jump on the elliptical or go for walk. This has already started to work, there have been a few times when I felt unhappy when my FIRST impulse was to grab the trampoline and get bouncing. And it WORKS!

Last edited by Betsi; 06-11-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Well, Karen, sounds like I need to join you on that bandwagon. I was just not in the mood to behave yesterday, but thank goodness I don't do it too often. But I have been doing good so far today. I guess maybe that's progress. We have going away potluck at work, and I will not be able to get away with not eating there. For some silly reason, the bunch there thinks that when you are diabetic you need to eat more and all the time! As long as someone besides me brings something healthy, I will be alright. I have to get moving as it is, so I will check in later. I have to weigh in tomorrow morning, as I will be gone until Monday. Hope it's good!

Kathy
Old 06-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default #28 weeks to go!

I FOUND YOU!!!

Somehow witht the system crash I couldn't remember all the places that I would regualrly post! AHH But I'M BACK!

Ok - here's a catch up on me... I'm down from the start of my Christmas challenge - not much, but remember I gained #1 at the first weigh in. Also I've gotten my Mom and my BFF to join in the fun! If I can stick to my guns and push myself to win this I'll have 4 seperate $50 gift cards come Christmas! I've put all of our tickers here so you can support and cheer us though to Chirstmas

Our goals on here are #25 - but really I want to be "over weight" for Christmas - which means I need to bust butt and lose another #32.2! It's doable!!! (28 weeks until the Big Guy Comes!

Other then that everything is moving along nicely. I'm working out everyday - although i've been slacking on the morning workouts, and I did miss/cut back on a few night ones this week. I'm still focused and Motivated! I'm still moving, and eating better. I've been tackling my "trigger foods" you know the ones that NO MATTER WHAT you can't stop eating them... I'm working on control and avoidance... but mostly control!

Ok - I'm checking out and going to do my workout. - I'm So GLAD to be back!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Well, glad you are back!
That's great that you are getting others on board the challenge. Wish I could get my sister. I am working with my daughter. She is a food sneaker. She is 9.5, 116 lb and 56 inches tall, she wears a ladies 7shoe,(which means she can almost wear mine). We know she will be about 6 ft tall, and she is pretty active, but it's the home laziness now that school is out that gets her I think.

Have a good Thursday. Kathy
Old 06-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #84  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

A month later, and I've just discovered this thread. A bit late, but I think I'm up for this challenge.

Right now I'm dealing with thyroid problems, which *hopefully* have been relieved somewhat by finding a new doctor. He's also added a second medicine which seems to have bumped the scale somewhat.

I've only lost about 10 lbs since the beginning of the year, but I've implemented more conscious eating and "mandatory" exercise. I started keeping track of minutes in March and have found it incredibly motivating, especially as I watch my monthly totals grow.

Because I'm in a tweener stage with the thyroid, I think I'll make my goal 26 lbs. That will put me at a number I haven't been at in 10 years or so, and will be more than double what I've lost for the first half of the year. If the medicine really kicks in and I lose it "normally" (within 2 or 3 months or so), I'll come back and adjust my goal, but for now, that's it.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #85  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

*oops forgot to subscribe so I can find it again*
Old 06-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #86  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Enygirl - you girls are awesome!! I will be cheering you girls on and seeing who wins ... lol I should have my gym buddy and I do that ... I would looove an extra gift for xmas haha

Well I finally got a personal trainer going and she is amazing. I weighed myself on Sunday and I am starting over I guess you can say with that weight and have lost 5lbs since. I have been dragging my feet about going to the gym the past couple of days but seeing that number has motivated me and now I am dragging my gym buddy to the gym tonight.

She wants to me burn a TON of calories which means I have to stay at the gym longer then I usually do. Before when I was really into going I would stay for 2 or more hours. Now I have to push myself to stay longer because once I really start up with her she is going to push me to my limits and beyond and I want to be able to handle it lol

Ok well I am off. Everyone have an awesome week and I will check back a bit later ... byeeeee
Old 06-12-2008, 07:10 AM   #87  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning gang. I'm happy we are rolling into the weekend. I've been house/dog sitting this week and biking between my house and that house has added some nice cycling time but it also has been hectic trying to get everything I want done, done. But that ended last night and I got to sleep in my own bed last night, which was lovely.

Welcome EarthShaker! I've heard that thyroid problems can take a while to resolve by finding the right level of medicine! I hope your levels get evened out really fast!

Nicoyaangel -- sounds like you'll be spending significant time in the gym getting to love that sweat! Awesome!

Welcome back Enygril -- you are the Challenge Queen! Are you mentally spending those gift cards already?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:50 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Actually I haven't spent the money *yet* I'm thinking that I when I hit #163.6 (overweight) at Christmas - I don't even know what size I'll be! I just know I need to keep plugging along and get this done!

Niccoy - Let me know hoe working w/ the trainer goes. i've considered it as well - but I just don't know when I have time! Right now I do all my workouts at home, generally with a 6 yr. old right next to me!

Earth - Christmas is 28 weeks away - Set a good goal and work! WORK! WORK! I'm hoping to surpass mine!!!

Alright girls - I have a TON of work that I have to do! I'll check back later - did I mention how nice it is to be back???
Old 06-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Okay.....26 weeks till christmas. I gotta come up with a plan and STICK to it!! lol. I definately want to be 120 by christmas. So....that's 16 pounds to lose in 26 weeks. I need to lose half a pound each week to reach that goal. I can do that...right??? lol. I gotta find my motivation. A picture to look at or a dress to work towards. I gotta find something. geez.

Well...good luck everyone. I know we can do this. We just gotta keep trying. Everyday is a new day.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #90  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

i rode my bike to and from school today its 5 miles total and my butt and legs hurt lol its the first time riding a bike since last summer but im sure ill get used to it....
Closed Thread