Old 02-13-2008, 06:31 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 232/199/120ish

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Tessa, it's always easier in the beginning. But I'm feeling good. Hope you had a good workout.

2Beautiful, good job on the points and the exercise.

Holy crap, I did the two miles this morning. Yeah! Then I did weights and some stretching to bring me up to 1 hour. I honestly did not think I would be able to work out for an hour. Eating has been on plan for today. I have a snack planned for the evening. The only thing I'm struggling with is: asking myself can I stick to this for the rest of my life? I'm doing the low-carb thing, but I'm not doing the induction part. I feel like I'm eating too much, but the scale is moving. I weighed in at 219 on Monday, actually up 2lbs. Then I weighed in on Tuesday and was back down to 217. I guess it was water.

Have a great evening.
Missy
missymckibben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:12 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Missy you can do this especially fi you are feeling like you are eating alot.!! Keep up the good work!

Tessa- congratulations on the new job! Wht exactly is a paraeducator?
Did you get your workout in yesterday? How did the cookies go? I baked cookies last night too I ate one but that was part of my plan.

As for me yesterday I was on plan for food and worked out for an horu so I got 8 points bringing me to a total of 22. YAY!!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'6

I am late posting today because I had to build up the nerve to confess that I for the most part, went on a mini-binging spree last night. I am really uspset with myself because I have been doing so great. I know the blah...blah...blah, dont be too hard on yourself and just get right back on track, and I will its just that I feel like I drive myself crazy sometimes. I don't understand why I cheat b/c I end up feeling so guilty and sick to my stomach for days.
I jumped right back into things today and have ate very lite trying to make up for eating 500ish? calories in a two-hour period last night after dinner. On the brighter side I drug myself to the scale this afternoon to be accountable for any weightgain( I usually gain at least a lb when I eat too much), and to my suprise I am down 1.5 lbs since two days ago. It is just luck really and some extra exercise I got this week Im sure but I am using my excitement to do better.

Ponts for 2/13 0 food points and 3 exercise points

Total points 33

Happy valentine's day to everyone!!!!
iowa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:10 AM   #34  

Iowa are you sure you get 0 points for food? That seems harsh! Remember if you had any good meals or snacks you get a point each!

Yesterday I was on target food wise and exercise so 8 points again bringing me up to 30 pts.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:38 AM   #35  

Beautiful--good job on your 8 point day. I put zero down for food b/c I ate so many calories at night. I know that I can give myself a couple more points for meals and snacks during the day but, I personally don't want to take any food points for that bad of a binge. I am afraid if I still add up points even when I cheat that I will get the mind set that it is ok to fall off the wagon more frequently. I am hoping to feel a greater sense of accountibility and concequence.
Yesterday was a good day. It was Valentine's day and I had a party for the kids at work. There was candy, cookies, etc... and I was never even tempted. I worked out for an hour in the afteroon and that really made me feel better about the slip up. Its funny how a good workout can make me feel really motivated again. When I got home from work last night my boyfriend had my house lit up with candles and flowers it was so sweet. However, as he poured me a glass of wine he informed me that pizza was also on the way. Pizza was not on my meal plan for the day. But, I couldn't yell at him, it was 2-14 after all. So I ate one slice of thin crust pizza and had 1 glass of wine. It wasn't the best dinner but I am proud I didn't go overboard. Pizza is like my favorite food and I totally avoid ordering it b/c I end up eating like 5 pcs.

So total points for yesterday- 5+2=7
Old 02-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #36  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

It's funny you mention May 18th- that is when I embark on my cruise with the DH. SOOOO EXCITED. I sooo wanna do this.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #37  

2 Beautiful: You are doing great. You're getting an hour in most days. Have you been working out a long time?

Iowagirl: Your guy sounds like he is a bit of a romantic. And GREAT job on resisting those sweets.

I didn't get to post yesterday, but I'm here today. Yesterday, food was on plan, but I only did 10 minutes of cardio. My knee was super sore. So I didn't push it. Today, I did get my workout in. I did eat a few Fritos tonight when dh had them out. I ended up with 6 for yesterday and today. On Monday, I weighed in at 219, Tuesday the scale was 217. Today, I was at 215. I think I must have retained water from my binge last weekend.

Have a good Friday night,
Missy
Old 02-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #38  

So, I used 20 of my points for my birthday lunch today. It was completely planned and I felt like crap after. My stomach hurt, I was bloated. I having salmon for dinner tonight.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #39  

Missy- Thats a magnificent loss for the week!! I haven't been working out long. After my baby was born (10 months ago) I did work out for a few months and then stopped again and now I just started in february. But I have good endurance for cardio. What did you have for your b-day lunch?

As for me I was onplan for food yesterday but no exercise and same with today!! Well the night isn't over but I'm supposed to go out with a friend so I doubt I will exercise!! so 6 point each day which makes 34 total!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #40  

where is everyone? anyways I miscalulated in my last post. I was up tp 42. I also didn't exercise on the 17th and 18th adding another 12 so 54 points .
Old 02-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #41  

It's been a hectic week, but I'm here. I'm at work until 8 tonight, but thought I would take a few minutes to pop in. Sunday was a bad day, but I did get exercise in. Hubby bought a birthday cake for me, even after my lunch on the weekend. I'm down another pound, bringing me to 214!!

2beautiful, we went to a buffet(ikes) the kids both like. I did start out with a big salad though. It's hard to find the time to workout or do anything after you have a baby.

Take care everyone.
Missy
Old 02-20-2008, 07:01 AM   #42  

super job on the loss missy!

I can relate witht he baby. I really have to try to workout while mine is sleeing or when dh gets hoem but that is at 8pm and I am usually not motivated!! I wish I had a routine but with a baby everyday is so unpredictable!! Some days she will play with her toys while I work out and other days forget it!!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #43  

Hello Everyone. Where is everyone? So crazy story: On Sturday night I went out to the bar and spent some of my points. as I was leaving I started to fall on the ice in the parking lot and caught myself with my car door. Turns out I broke one of my ribs. Its crazy b/c I have always been really clumsy but this is the worse I have ever been hurt. So anyway, I am not exercising for a week or so to let myself heal. I have gotten 0 exercise points which is pretty upsetting to me, but what ya gonna do? I have been eating well and have managed to pick up 15 food points. I will keep everyone posted on how its going.
Beautiful--Thankyou for continuing to post everyday. You are doing a fantastic job.
Missy-- Great job on the loss!!!! How old is your baby?
Old 02-20-2008, 04:53 PM   #44  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Sorry...I"m here I'm here! I lost internet connection this past weekend be cause of the storm and I was stranded...will explain more later

...I'm at zero! Zero for points and zero for exercise! I did HORRIBLE this past break. There was no school on Friday and Monday, and I got stranded in Platteville with Steve Tuesday because of a snowstorm (which wasn't too bad...especially after I realized that school was canceled in Iowa City anyway).

I did horrible! I was stranded at my parents farm, and they are both actually gone during the winter (snowbirds...fly South for the winter)...and I was snowed in Saturday and Sunday all by myself because of the storm. I didn't pick up any food, so the only thing I could find to eat were noodles (no sauce...I became pretty creative though lol) and chicken nuggets. Opps...so part of the going off my diet wasn't entirly my fault. I should be been prepared...but we didn't know the storm was going to be that bad.

Sorry I havn't been around...I also lost internet most of the weekend.

So...starting over...new day (even though it is mid-week).

Wednesday...so far so good. I ate perfectly for breakast, 1st snack, lunch, and I just have an orange and slimfast snack bar for 2nd snack. Tonight I am planning on going to church (eating soup and sandwhiches there...will be good there too) and I'm planning on working out after church.

So, I should hit full 8 points today. I should have 24 points saved up by Friday...planning on going out to eat with some friends.

Iowa girl, oh no! Ouch! How long did the doctor say it would take to heal? Darnit! YOu were doing so well! Maybe you could just adjust your rewards. Can you walk yet? I know not outside very easy...but maybe you can give yourself a point for every 10 minutes of exercise? Or maybe you could double your meal time points (two points for a good breakfast, lunch, and dinner). It is up to you? Hang in there

Beaut, it sounds like you really are kicking butt! WHOHOOHOOO! You have a lot saved up? Are you saving up for something (dinner, clothes, coffee???).

Missy, WTG this week! Down a pound even after a birthday! Now, not many can say that lol I hope your week is continuing to go great!

Moon, welcome! Cruise??? Where to? May I come? LOL, that would be a great thing to work up to. Are you going to give yourself a reward of some sort? New swimsuit, dress??? How is your week going so far?
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #45  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Oh Beaut....sorry, I forgot to answer your question. I am a substitute teacher in the Iowa City area, so I sub for a lot of different positions in the school system. Paraeducators are adult helpers in the classrooms...they used to be called teacher aides. Also, my cookies turned out GREAT! If I remember correctly, I did workout that night, but I also ate a couple of cookies and it wasn't planned...so i minused a point lol.
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote