Old 11-26-2007, 12:21 AM   #46  
Chelle

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

great! I always get excited when I set new goals. I'm just really hoping I'll be able to stick to this. I want to feel good about myself and be confident

my goals this week are to
limit my calories and carbs
work out 5 days of the week
drink loads of water
and go to bed earlier (wow i have a problem with this...)

and im going to reward myself with a pedicure on sunday if i can stick to my goals...(hehe, yes i have to bribe myself, sad i know)

good luck everyone with your week

chelle
chelle515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:47 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Chelle515- congratulations!! When's the wedding?

My goals for the week are:

Hike with the dog 3 times this week.
Drink 72 oz of water daily.
eat 3 actual meals, rather than snack throughout the day and skip meals. (I have 5 late nights this week, 3 nights of rehearsals and 2 concerts, so I am going to actually have to plan meals and not just wing it like I usually do.)

Happy Monday!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #48  
Chelle

TimeToTryAgain- Thanks The wedding is June 20th 2009, so I still have another year and a half. Thank god, I want to be my perfect weight by my wedding and thats very very reachable I think!

Anyway I love mondays, perfect day to start a new goal, I'm just going to have to get online every 5 minutes to get motivation from you guys. hahaha.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #49  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Chelle515--Congrats on the engagement! I think the amount of weight you have to lose bw now and then is very doable. I have a problem staying up late myself. I keep saying I'm going to work on it and I haven't. Good idea about the rewards. I think I will reward myself in relation to weight loss. I'm 1 pound away from losing 20 so I need to think about that reward. My next reward would be at 199!!!

TimeToTryAgain--When you don't have a traditional schedule you definitely have to plan. When I first started this job about 4 years ago I put on 60 pounds not planning properly. I was eating a lot of fast food.

Last edited by Shay; 11-26-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:59 PM   #50  
Chelle

likenoother- Thanks! and yes rewards are so helpful...my old personal trainer told me that you should reward yourself with your favorite food, or restaurant but I find that just sets you back because you want to eat more and more and feel guilty afterward. So I stick to shopping days, spas, manicures, etc. It really helps
Old 11-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #51  
My Evolution

Chelle--I really need to think about my rewards because I always go get a fill/pedi every two weeks. It is so relaxing! I'm thinking of maybe a new purse (love them!!)for losing 20lbs. Getting into onederland is a huge one so I'm thinking of a piece of jewelry. That's as far as I've gotten.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

likenoother, what kind of work do you do? And do ya have any tips, because I have been living this lifestyle for a LONG time and still haven't learned any lessons... It started as a college student- musicians never get a break, so there were lots of late nights in the practice room, and now it's late nights either performing or teaching...

I met my goals today! Woo!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:45 AM   #53  
My Evolution

TimeToTryAgain--I am a Therapeutic Recreation Programmer. Mostly I supervise recreation programs for individuals with disabilities. I implement some programs too but my primary roles are designing, planning, supervision,and evaluation. So my schedule is all over the place with visiting my programs, going to meetings during the day and evenings, I work the big events that always take place during evenings or weekends, etc. I travel for meetings and conferences too. I'm on the board for some organizations also. We're also always asked to go to events and fairs. I have to go to one this Saturday for 8 hours. Some weeks I am always in my car. So I plan, plan, and plan. I plan my menus weekly. I try to have everything planned by Thursday prior so if I need to go shopping I can. I keep snacks in my car, I keep snacks at my desk, and when I pack for the day sometimes I am packing for bf, lunch, and dinner. We have a refrigerator at work that I keep stuff in also. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks on a daily basis. Its nothing for me to eat a snack during a meeting. I rely a lot of processed food. Its just easier. I don't deny myself either. I will schedule in a rice krispie snack or 100 calorie chocolate here and there. I have been making WW recipes and that helps too because I can make a big batch and eat off that for a bit. I hope this was helpful. If you need to know more let me know.

Great job on meeting your goals.

Last edited by Shay; 11-27-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #54  
My Evolution

Okay as we get closer to the new thread I've been thinking about how it will look, how often, etc. I was thinking we could do a monthly thread that way it is easier to keep up with and less is more. We don't want to clog up the forum and it will be easier to find. Once I've started the new thread I will post in this one and direct everyone over to the new one. So I will start it on Saturday, December 1st and it will be titled:
"Ultimate Goal Challenge--December (Month 1)"

As people meet their goal they will become part of the Hall of Fame and will be listed in the first post of the monthly thread. Any other thoughts? That's what I have so far. I see the threads as a month long progress note. An opportunity to report weight as often as you would like, ups and downs, and support one another along the journey.

Last edited by Shay; 11-27-2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #55  
My Evolution

Hello.....anyone out there?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:39 PM   #56  
Caleb & Jayden's Mommy

S/C/G: 248/See Tracker/150

Height: 5'4''

Hi Shay,

That sounds like a great idea. That will make it easy to find. The "Hall of Fame" will be a great motivator. Will you only do it for the main goals or as small goals are met?
Sarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:01 PM   #57  
My Evolution

I think small goals can go in the hall fame too but as the next one is reached then the previous one will be removed. I just don't want the post to get too long. Meaning I may have you listed under 10 lbs lost but then you lose 15 so I would move you to that list. Or I see you have a mini goal when you make that goal that will posted until you achieve the next one. Make sense? I hope so. If people see that I missed posting someone or missed including them let me know. I'm human. I don't get upset easily so just let me know.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:02 PM   #58  
My Evolution

Hi everyone,
I am starting the new thread. If anyone new checks in just join us in the:
"Ultimate Goal Challenge--December (Month 1)" thread. I look forward to seeing everyone there.