Old 10-20-2007, 10:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Default Spring Break Challenge Anyone?

First New Thread I've ever started, so bear with me!!

25 weeks from today, I will be laying on the beach in Myrtle Beach SC.
We have gone there since our older son was 4 and he is now 20, so I'm not new to the beach issues. I love the beach, but, I have never, in all that time, felt like I looked as good as I could.

This year is going to be different. I am going to lose 40 lbs between now and April 1, 10 lbs at a time will be fine. (I will need a week to shop for a new swim suit and shorts!!)

I would love company as I work toward that vacation and a healthier, hotter me!! How about it, anybody else got to squeeze into a swimsuit next spring??
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

I'll join you! This past summer I had a heck of a time finding a swimsuit in my size for a trip that I was going to go on. It was horrible. I had to order it online and just crossed my fingers that I had done the measurements right from the sizing chart. I ended up spending 100 bucks on a swimsuit that I really can't stand and it looks a little too matronly for a 23 year old. I hope to lose 40 pounds myself by spring break.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 10-20-2007 at 12:07 PM.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #3  

I so know what you mean, I have a "mom" suit as my kids call it . It has a skirt to cover my big butt. I want to burn it.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:47 AM   #4  

Come on, we can't be the only 2 people on this board with vacation plans. Either way, I am going to be fit for my vacation, I am going to jog on the beach while the sun comes up. And I am going to wave to the other women, who are standing on their balconies watching me run by, thinking that next year they could be running on the beach (cuz that's what I thought every year)

I just checked my math on Fitday.
40 lbs by 4/1 means I have to lose 1.72 per week, so, so do-able!!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #5  

That sounds nice! I miss the beach. I haven't been in a long time. I've been getting invited to people's lake houses. It's a cheap vacation since I'm still in college lol. I checked my math as well and to lose 40 pounds by 4/15 I would have to lose 1.75 per week. It's doable since I'm at a higher weight right now I think. I would be very surprised if I hit a plateau before then and I hope/pray I don't hit one! Plus I'm going to school to be a nurse and I don't know if this is weird or not but I feel that I won't be a good role model to patients if I'm still this heavy.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 10-21-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:17 AM   #6  

I think it's great that you are trying to set a good example for your future patients!! I am sure you can do it!

I love the beach, it's my favorite place in the world. (So far!!)
Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 AM   #7  

I love the beach and the mountains. If I could find a place that had both within a couple of hours away from each other and it didn't have hurricanes/earthquakes and wasn't expensive to live there then I'd definitely move!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/214/150

Height: 5'11"

I would love to join this challenge. I'm actually in need of something to work towards! Especially since my friend and I are planning on going to the beach in California for spring break. I for once want to feel great and look good in a swim suit. The last time I bought a swim suit, it cost me $100 from Lane Byrant. Even thought the swimming suit was nice, I didn't feel nice in it. I want to change that feeling by the time spring break rolls around!!!
cherryluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #9  

Cherry
Glad you found us. I agree, I have some nice clothes, they just don't look nice on the body I have right now!! I so want to walk on the beach without a towel around my butt or a shirt/cover-up over the whole thing. In April, we can all compare our new suits/bodies and feel awesome about how far we came over the winter!!

BBB-when you find that particular Eden, let me know, I want a condo there too!!

Have a great day ladies. Off to work I go!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #10  

Cherryluv, Welcome! Glad to have you here with us!! I understand having nice clothes but still feeling like you are not pretty. I have a hard time feeling pretty most days since before this I was always thin almost to the point of where I actually needed to gain weight at times. And then I gained all of my weight from stress/bad eating, had a parent to die from cancer then my only parent almost was killed in a wreck not even a year later and I had to be the sole caretaker 24/7 for two years and had to give up my social life and going to college which really depressed me. So then I turned to bad eating because it comforted me and I was on some medications that also caused some weight gain. BUT in order for me to move on and to reach my goal, I'm admitting to myself right now and to this whole thread that the weight gain I gained was from me eating badly to gain this much weight!! I'd say probably I gained 90 percent of this weight from my bad eating habits and 10 percent from the medications I was on. Whew now I feel better...So what plan are you two doing?? I'm going to give calorie counting a shot and only do 1500 calories a day to start out to see if that will get me started.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 10-23-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/214/150

Height: 5'11"

Yay! I'm so pumped and motivated for this challenge now! Oh! And thanks for the warm welcome

I'm certain in my 2nd year of college right now. Since I have graduated, I have gained about 30 -40lbs. I know its from my bad eating habits during those times I was under so much stess. Its funny because I never saw myself skinny or anything like that. Looking back at my pictures from Jr. High and beginning of high school, I was pretty and skinny. I mean, I was tall and lenghty! I had hardly any problem areas!!!

I'm hoping that I can build my self-esteem a little bit as I beginning changing my life style. Hopefully you two can help push me along! haha! j/k I'm sure we will all be able make it to our goal with us supporting each other!

Last edited by cherryluv; 10-23-2007 at 12:06 PM.
cherryluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #12  

Cherryluv, I'm currently in my second year of college too! We can all cheer each other on.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:26 AM   #13  

BBB- My prayers are with you. It sounds like you have had a really rough road over the last few years, I am so glad that you are finding some time to take care of yourself.

I also have low self-esteem as it sounds like both of you, my new friends do as well. Let's become the hot chicks instead of the fat chicks!!

I am trying to eat low-carb, mostly protein and veggies, white foods are always my triggers. Flour, sugar, white rice get me on a binge so if I avoid getting started, hopefully I can avoid eating so poorly.

I am working on exercise. Yesterday, I walked 2 miles at lunch and then did a couple of the short videos on exercise TV at night. I hope to get more consistent and find something I enjoy doing every day.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:48 AM   #14  

Mothermavis- I too am trying to learn to eat brown rice and whole grain things as opposed to white rice, white potatoes and etc. As for exercise.. I'm embarassed to admit that I have a treadmill but I don't use it at all.. I thought I would like having a treadmill but I don't really like it for an everyday use like I thought I would. I do have a ton of videos that I need to pull out and get started on. Plus we just moved into an apartment complex that finally has a nice workout room and I got the access code for it the other day since my hubby is wanting to work out too and use the weights in there. So I'm really happy that my husband is wanting to join in. I've always been the type that needs an exercise buddy. My mother used to be my exercise buddy but wtih all of her physical problems and illnesses she's just not able to work out period. She actually needs to gain weight.

But YAY Mothermavis for you walking 2 miles you're off to a great start!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:59 AM   #15  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

ok i'm in.... i will be down to 175 by the end of april. when exactly is spring break?
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote