Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

first, i want to eat the other half (leftovers) of the lunch i made - veggie and rice stir fry. then i want to dive into my 7-grain bread, which usually involves me eating some while toasting some and then eating that. then a grilled cheese with the 7-grain and mozzerella.

leah - i'm the exact same way with cereal... i don't buy any but unfortunately my roommates do and i always end up caving. i'll eat a whole box and then have to go buy them a new one. =( not to mention feeling disgusted.

morning joy - welcome and i hope this helps stave off the chocolate cravings!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, more OP then off

I weighed myself yesterday, and I was up from 118 to 121. I wasn't too surprised, because I had already had breakfast and a couple of bottles of water, and the night before was a bit of a planned splurge and then an unplanned binge

Today has been good. I've stayed OP, and I got some exercise with a walk to the grocery store (it was beautiful out today!). My bf is at work, so I'm alone in the house - which is when most of my binges happen. Right now, I'm mainly craving the cider coolers that are in the fridge, but I don't want to drink by myself. It seems like a waste, and it leads to less inhibition about eating.

I'm definitely learning this moderation thing as I go...and I'm having to remind myself that it took a while for me to get here, so it's going to take a while to get to where I want to be. I know that the two main reasons for my weight gain is because of bingeing and lack of exercise, so those are the two things that I am dedicating myself to changing.

Have a great day!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:24 AM   #33  

Angry

I just had a very frustrating clothes shop, and I want to eat anything and everything. I'm not going to because it will be uncomfortable, and late-night bingeing is keeping me fat. I don't want to wake up tomorrow still regretting it.

ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! There, I feel a bit better
Old 10-18-2007, 09:56 PM   #34  
Rop tú mo baile

S/C/G: 180/151/135

Height: 5'3"

ahhhh. agreed. i need to stop, drink some water, and pop a stick of gum in...it's like my grown up pacifier.

i should really be reading those last 4 chapters before my psych test....i need to stop thinking about dessert/ popcorn. i am already slightly over goal. gah. night time is bad for me.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:38 AM   #35  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

i've not been bingeing at all lately... i've not really been eating properly either. Does being in love do that to you?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Yep, being in love can do strange things to your appetite. Years ago, when I met DH, I dropped close to 30 pounds over the course of a year or so. I didn't diet, and he certainly didn't pressure me - he liked me the way I was - but I think that just being so happy led to a big decrease in my mindless munching and emotional eating. That was when I really first started getting a handle on the bingeing (though that's been a long, slow, up and down process!) Let's face it, lots of us munch out of boredom, loneliness, stress, etc. - being in love is a good remedy for those!
Old 10-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #37  

i just finished a binge after promising myself i WOULDN"T binge today, because i'm going out for dinner to this great new place with someone i really like and i DON"T want to feel like crap.

however, for whatever reason, i just consumed:
2 pieces of cake
slivered almonds
peanuts
1.5 quesadillas
a few raspberries
2 giant bowls of corn puffs
some brown sugar
sweet tortilla thing
Old 10-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

i just realized that i am a binge eater.... :-(

does it help to admit it?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:16 PM   #39  
Tate the Great

Height: 5'2

Unhappy

Hi All!
I just need to put this out there...
Right now I'm at work (a very stressful, draining place) and I really want to be home, in my favorite chair, with a cup of hot tea, and a book. I want to rest. But instead, I'm eating compulsively (a diet pepsi and 3 musketeers bar). I recognize this. I'm trying not to be ashamed of it, because I know it's the only way I know how to take care of myself when I'm sad and tired like I am right now (and most of the time).
< Big Sigh>...

Wishing everyone a beautiful day!
~Lauryn

Last edited by MorningJoy; 10-23-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #40  

I feel like I'm possibly overcoming a binge....

I just had a TERRIBLE ballet class. TERRIBLE. It's my first time back in about 8 months after 2 car accidents in a week that left me with a spine injury. As I watched other people do everything, i KNEW how it felt and I couldn't get my body to do it!! Even really basic things that should have been so so simple! I even apologized to the teacher after because I Felt like I was disrespecting her by being in her class...but she said she understood about the injury and was proud that I even walked in the door blah blah blah

ANYWAY

All I wanted to do when I left the studio was eat. PARTICULARLY a bacon cheeseburger. With onion rings. And cheesecake and baklava and mozzarella sticks and basically ANYTHING you can put in a deep fryer.

BUT I DIDN'T!! (And now my boyfriend's home, and since I only binge alone, now I won't...) I convinced myself that that wasn't the way to deal with the pain and frustration and instead I'm going to have some healthy food here at home.....

I'm pretty proud of myself.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:51 AM   #41  

Lightbulb

Our internet has been down for several days, and Shaw finally fixed it earlier today. Sorry I haven't been around! (Even though technically, that might be a good thing if it was because I had forgotten about food! *lol*) I'm glad to see that the thread is still helping people out

hepmelly - 'Grown up pacifier' made me laugh - I like that! Evenings can be tough for me, as well. Especially if I'm alone (like I was tonight).

Leah - sweety! I'm so happy for you

artsnsmarts - I believe that admitting/realizing something is a very important first step. It's hard to become really aware of an issue for the first time, as in truly realizing that it is a problem. You've come to a great place for support!
on overcoming the urge to binge from dissapointment! That's fantastic

Lauryn - I can relate so much right now. I am in **** at work It's doing the opposite to me at the moment - I never feel hungry. Once I get home, the stress seems to sort of trail after me...so I either eat mindlessly, or struggle all night not to.

Bingey - Go away! I've already eaten a ton of fruit and so many pickles...I don't even like pickles

Have a great day tomorrow, ladies!
Old 10-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Kudos to you, Artsnsmarts - and the more times you DON'T binge, the weight will start to come down, and you will return to your pre-injury ballet form!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:49 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Wow, I'm really struggling. I swear I feel like an alcoholic. I was reading a book, semi-autobiographic, and the guy was talking about his alcoholic days -- falling on and off the wagon, turning to alcohol for comfort habit, drinking and feeling sick but feeling unable to stop -- and it was soooo familiar.

Bad points: One day I ate a 99 cent bag of jelly beans. That's like 4 or 5 servings. And then another day I ate a 20-pack of cookies from the grocery store over the course of a weekend.

Good points: I've made bad choices but less so than before. Before I'd make all bad choices and no good, now I make a fair number of bad but some good. I've been eating less burgers-and-fries junk food. Less ice cream. Sometimes I get french fries at a restaurant, but it's somewhat rare nowadays, I'm more likely to get veggies. I've not binging as much. And I'll count the business trip as a victory in not binging -- I wanted to one night, I was craving, but there was nothing in the building to snack on, just drink machines, and I was too embarrassed to order from room service and too lazy to go out and get something. So, er, laziness over binging, yay!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:05 PM   #44  

Janie -- that really helped, actually!! The idea of getting back into being a dancer (though I'll NEVER have a dancer's body, and I don't really want it, either!) will DEFINITELY ring in my head now whenever I want to binge.

The hardest part is when my boyfriend leaves and I'm here by myself. I'm in a city, so there's order-in and everything's available....eek!!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:49 PM   #45  

rabidstoat: it really IS just like being an alcoholic... the only problem is that you really do have to eat to live, not like drinking!!

i hear you on the bad points: this week i ate a whole half gallon of moose tracks ice cream in TWO sittings. i think it's supposed to be 14 servings or something like that.

but it really sounds like you are making progress. you had more to list under the good points than the bad - so keep it up =)

artsnsmarts: it's a good thing to think about being a dancer again. i used to run - never competitively, but regularly and i'd do races and i considered myself a runner. i'm trying to get back into it, so i'm going to try to think about that before binging!
Closed Thread