Old 01-05-2005, 07:04 PM   #31  
on my way down again

Hi Karen and all. I'm here. I've been strict Induction phase since my planned start of Jan. 3. ...and (((3 pounds))) are gone this morning.

My goals I have been doing are:
walk as much as possible
drink all my water
count carbs I eat and stay under 20
reading my new version of Atkins' New Deit Revolution

Hi Jen519, I think I remember you from before. I was Barbie101 then. I left for a while also, and I regained a lot, but I'm back in full force too. Good to see you here again.

Oh, and there's some newer mebers I'll get to meet as well.

Last edited by Sonnet; 01-05-2005 at 07:06 PM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 07:10 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

WOW! Here I was excited to log on to add my 1 more pound to my ticker, and WOW!!! 11lbs Purple!!! You must be feeling great!

Finally over the headaches and sluggishness. Cravings abating too. Feeling good!
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #33  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I havent had a chance to check in, but Im here and doing good!! Made it thru the first 3 days, and a 4lb loss already. So I must be doing something right lol

I'll check in tomorrow with everyone and see how everyone is doing.

Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:46 PM   #34  

Greetings all! I am glad to hear that everyone seems to be doing so well! Hey for us!!!

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile, it seems like I am always so very busy. Since I homeschool it is hard for me to find some time to get on the computer, and it drives me batty since we have dial-up, and it seems to be slower than molasses in January! LOL!

I have been having some major headaches, but they seem to be getting better. I think that I did really well when I was working this past weekend, only had 2 cups of caffeine! Yay for me! Even though @ about 5 am I am blurry eyed. But I was drinking lots of water. I am sure that it will just take some time.

Karen ~ I have tried Fitday before and I really like it! Great idea! Thanks! Sorry to hear about your son, although I am so glad that he seems to be doing better. Poor little man!

Hello to all! I better fly on outta here!

*poof*
cbzmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:52 AM   #35  
Let's Start Over

Hello ladies..sorry I didn't post lastnight...I was so tired..coming off that Mountain Dew has kept me tired Oh well...today seems to better, I didn't wake up with my headaches

I drank all my water yesterday and was able to log everything...I'm trying to keep a journal as well...I had never kept one.

PurpleHugs....FANTASTIC!!!! I hope to report something that great soon!

Laura
Elvis1517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:59 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenW
Oh You guys.. You can weigh in as much as you want. I just dont make anything official for 7 days. So tecnically I have droped 4.5 pounds so far.. but anything can happen between now and Sunday! I just weigh myself every morning to keep motivated!

Purple Hugs - GREAT JOB!
Thanks!! And to Ugga... I must admit to being quite chuffed (pleased). hehe

It was my personal goal not to weigh... I know what I'm like!! often tempted to jump on the scales...
Purple Hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:09 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbmarie
WOW! Here I was excited to log on to add my 1 more pound to my ticker, and WOW!!! 11lbs Purple!!! You must be feeling great!

Finally over the headaches and sluggishness. Cravings abating too. Feeling good!
Thanks, but when you think that I gained 24 lb in the last 5 mths before.. then it's only halfway to getting to where i was in the summer.

Your lb is still fab!! Any loss is fab!!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:11 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis1517
Hello ladies..sorry I didn't post lastnight...I was so tired..coming off that Mountain Dew has kept me tired Oh well...today seems to better, I didn't wake up with my headaches

I drank all my water yesterday and was able to log everything...I'm trying to keep a journal as well...I had never kept one.

PurpleHugs....FANTASTIC!!!! I hope to report something that great soon!

Laura
I'm sure we'll be sharing celebrations along the way!! Your doing a fantastic job.. don't lose sight of your achievement so far..
Old 01-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #39  

Hello everyone!

Day 4 is going well. I have been having some minor nagging headaches, but none today, so I expect that withdrawal stuff is about over (I HOPE). I had a really hard time last night. I always want to snack in the evening and it's sugar I crave. I ended up eating celery and cream cheese which isn't sugar or even close, but it got me passed the need to snack.

Purple, I did the same thing from late spring til the end of the year, I put on 22 pounds of the 60 I had lost. Kind of sucks, but the good part is we're back at it again and have no reason not to succeed. Welcome back to you too Sonnet. And hey, we know we can lose the weight. After all, we did it before!

I tend to weigh myself everyday. Which has worked out fine during those times when I'm losing quickly, but not so well when I'm going slowly. I'm going to attempt to skip a day of weighing and I think I need to make my weigh-in day on Monday. I have my hardest time with the weekends and I'm hoping it will keep me accountable.

Catch ya all tomorrow.

Jen
jen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:06 AM   #40  

Talking

Morning all!

Jen - congrat's on losing the 60 that is a big achievement, and at least you are back on track whilst only gaining a third of it back, that's a big step! You are right of course... there is NO reason why we can't do this!! Just gotta keep strong.. and remember why we want it!!

Am still firmly on the wagon, and am sooo pleased as I've not been tempted at all, not even when my DH baked rock cakes with my DD. Cakes and puddings are my major weaknes..

Today I weighed, and am down another lb! DH is down 4lb in total for the week. He has had normal foods a fair bit though so that is still a good achievment for him.

I haven't done my measurements yet. So ought to do those soon. it's sometimes good when you dont' lose weight to see the inches drop..

Well, off to get some breakfast, it's 10am but I can't eat early on. Just water (lots off) in the mornings.

Hope you are all having a fab day.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:57 AM   #41  
Let's Start Over

Smile

Good Morning all!

Well I still seem to be fighting some headaches, but you know they aren't as strong as they were. I hope by this weekend to have that resolved. I just try to drink more water

Purple Hugs, great job
My DH is following what I eat as well, however, he stills has some of his own things as well. I just make sure that he has bananas and apples with his lunch or whenever he gets hungry..he is already thin and tall.

Well I'm doing good. Will weigh in later this weekend to see how things are going!
Elvis1517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:04 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

What can we use beside those darn Psyllium Husks for, you know?
Is reg Metamucil or Fiber caps OK?
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #43  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

If you can get the metimucil that is unsweetened and unflavoured, it works great. I used to use the psyllium husk caps all the time, but I find I have a fuller feeling faster with the powder.

So....what ever works for you

Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:03 AM   #44  

Hello all! You will never guess, I finally got a WHOLE weekend off of work! I haven't had any time off since the beginning of April.

Anyhoo ~ just wanted to pop in and say howdy! I am doing well, I weighed myself and I have lost 8 lbs. But offically I am not going to count it until my "offical" weigh in on Monday. :

Hugs ~ WOWSERS! That is terrific! Good for you. I am sure that you are so stoked (pleased)...lol Keep up the great work.

Robin ~ 4 #s is nothing to shirk at! Great job!

to everyone!

I really need to get a journal and write down what I am eating. I think that I may be going over the 20 carbs a little bit. Finally the nausea is going away, did any else have some nausea??? I was thinking that I might be pregnant! Egads! Not that I would mind, but I think that I would like to lose...um....like...some major weight before that happens again!

Hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend! I know that I am going to have a marvelous one! tee hee

Toddles
Caroline
cbzmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:54 AM   #45  

Thanks everyone! I am 'stoked' hehe

I'm now busy preparing for a new foster arrival.. a 5 year old girl - a good playmate for my own 5 year old!

That and a special needs girl we are having tomorrow for the day, makes for a busy weekend, but sticking to plan.