Old 02-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #122  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

DATE: 02/10/2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: supernurse_mommie/ Brooka Colleen

BIRTHDAY: 12/07/1979

MARITAL STATUS: divorced

FAMILY INFO: Divorced my husband after 5 years. got married at 19. Had two wonder-ific kids. Kailynn Jayne, who is 5 going on 25, and Kaiden Zayne who is 2 and at "that stage". Single mom, although ex hubby does help out. Have a great bf, been seeing him for 8 months, Tom..

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Outside, my kids (of course) reading, studying. Currently in school to get my RN completed.

PETS: a min schnauzer named "Maggie" and a barn cat named "Joe Kitty"

ATKINS START DATE:02/05/2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS:its worked before with me.. although the longest ive stayed on it was like 4 days..

TOP WEIGHT: 333

CURRENT WEIGHT: 278

GOAL WEIGHT: 199

HEIGHT: 5 7

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: dark chocolate brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Oklahoma

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: getting discourgaed. Binging.. i also have a problem with purging.. that im really working on.. so far i havent yet since i started atkins..

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Finally doing it for "ME" and nobody else. I feel more determined, more "in it for the long hall. Ive been dieting for a couple months.. counting calories. i hit a plauteu.. did not change weight for like 2 months.. so i started low carbing to get my system moving again

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am gonna be SO HOT when im skinny its gonna knock your socks off.. !!! LOL
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #123  

DATE: 2/13/06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Falon / Mysti

BIRTHDAY: 06/03/74

MARITAL STATUS: Happily Married

FAMILY INFO: 2 great kids: Daughter: 12 1/2 Son: 9

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Lots of reading, writing, painting, knitting.

PETS: 4 cats, 1 dog, 1 hamster

ATKINS START DATE: 1/26/06

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: My husband and I lost a huge ammount of weight about 6 years ago, and of course we went back to our old habits and gained it all back. Living in the South is very hard when everything, including your heritage, revolves around food. We finally came to the conclusion that we just can't eat like that any more, so we went back to what we knew worked for us. Atkins.

TOP WEIGHT: 201

CURRENT WEIGHT: 188

GOAL WEIGHT: 145 (i'm large boned, and after 2 kids I know 135 isn't as logical as 145. If I end up under that, well that's fine too!)

HEIGHT: 4'11

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Colorado

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Self control

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: When I hit 201 I was shocked and disappointed in myself. I have not felt that kind of disappointment before, and I hope that is what will keep me going. Plus I have a heart deffect I was born with. It causes issues as my weight gets higher. I just can't keep doing this to myself, and I sure as **** refuse to do this to my kids! I also live in the gorgeous Rocky Mountains, but hate that I can't hike very much due to my weight. I plan on fixing that conundrum!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Well, i'm a Gemini, I like long walks on the beach, sunsets, puppies.. um, err.. that's not what you meant. Well, in that case.. nothing else. I'm an open book and looking farward to sharing here.
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #124  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

DATE: 02/20/2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: ilovemike4alwayz a.k.a. Sandra

BIRTHDAY: December 14

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): My hubby is in the navy and we dont have any kids yet

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I like to do crafts.

PETS: None at this time

ATKINS START DATE: 02/20/2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: my friend did it and she said that she lost a lot of weight

TOP WEIGHT: 320

CURRENT WEIGHT: 215

GOAL WEIGHT: 160ish

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: san antonio texas

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: temptations

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am alone and will be able to get control and not have to worry about anyone but me

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I just love making new friends

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: exercise is the key
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #125  

DATE: 02/23/2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: PJsMom/Kayla

BIRTHDAY: June 8

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Married to John for 6 years. One 2 year old son.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Ummm... does watching Reality TV count as a hobby? LOL I love to spend time outside.

PETS: 2 cats, Clyde & Mimi. One Golden Retriever, Daisy. One Hamster, Monster (named by DS)

ATKINS START DATE: 02/25/2006 (will be starting Saturday).

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I've heard of friends having great success & after reading the book cover to cover, I'm confident this is the right plan for me.

TOP WEIGHT: 313

CURRENT WEIGHT: 264

GOAL WEIGHT: 180ish

HEIGHT: 5'10"

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: dark blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Nebraska

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: late night binging

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I really, truly think I am a carb addict... I've tried low-fat/high-carb & it just does not work for me. I'm committed to this 100%.

Not really... I'm a pretty boring person :lol

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Drink lots of water!
PJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 198/185/129

DATE: 02/23/06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: superstacy/Stacy

BIRTHDAY: Nov 9th

MARITAL STATUS: very happily married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): daughter and son (both under five years)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: just started doing scrapbooks, someday will focus on sewing

PETS: nope

ATKINS START DATE: 02/09/06

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I like the way it makes me feel, I've done it in the past.

TOP WEIGHT: 200

CURRENT WEIGHT: 185 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 129 lbs

HEIGHT: 5'5"

HAIR COLOR: dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Hillsboro, Oregon

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: keeping my focus

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am tired of feeling self conscience of my weight and my clothing

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm a very young 34 year old. I'm originally from California until this last June. We moved to Oregon.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: hoping to learn. Don't forget to smile

Last edited by superstacy; 02-27-2006 at 11:02 AM.
superstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:42 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 240/160/150

Hi All,
I just joined in on the fun today. I was a member of this Forum a few years back, now I'm back.
Started Atkins: August 28, 2005.
Marital Status: Widow
Pets: 4 dogs, too many cats to count! (Actually embarrassed.)
Hobbies: Computer Forums on Diets and Nutrition

I am looking forward to becoming an active participant in this Group.
Bobi-p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:29 PM   #128  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Default Low Carb Bio

DATE: 3/13/06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Josian/Josian

BIRTHDAY: 5/8/76

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged, Married on 11/11/06

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I live with my fiance. He's an engineer, works on his trucks, and has a million projects around the house that he hasn't finished yet. My parents live about 60 miles away on a small farm, where my horse and my donkeys are currently at until we can buy some land, probably in Idaho.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Little bit of everything: woodworking, painting, animal therapy, western riding, musician....the list goes on.

PETS: Donny (quarter horse mare), Kelly Jo and Louie (miniature Sicilian Donkeys), Skye (Rescued Siberian Husky), and Boots (dilute calico moron cat).

SOMERSIZING START DATE: July 14, 2005

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE SOMERSIZING: As you can see, I Somersize, not Atkins... It is low carb in it's own way, basically food combining. I am a type I diabetic, take insulin for life. I tried the low-fat/high-carb diets the ADA recommends, I've tried the Zone, I tried Atkins but my ketones went through the roof. With Somersizing, I still have some carbs for energy, and burn fat, but the ketone level stays low. I travel a lot for work, and find it really easy to hold the potatoes and bread but ask for extra veggies...
However, whole wheat breads and pastas are hard to find on the road (with no sugar/refined flours added).
A more natural way of eating!

TOP WEIGHT: 240 - Dropped to 190 before I discovered my pancreas took a nosedive in 1995.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 181

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 6'0"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brown with blonde highlights

OCCUPATION: Sales, for now. Trained and burnt out substance abuse counselor.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Carson City, Nevada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Cheating. Instead of having a small cheat and moving on, I cheat the entire day. Then I don't take the insulin I should so it won't be stored as fat. Blood sugars skyrocket, makes me feel worse in the end...Constant cycle.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I discovered last June that I have diabetic neuropathy in my legs. It gave me a heads up to the lifetime of complications I was facing if I didn't straighten up now. Also, my wedding... I picked up my dress last week, and I have about an inch left to finish zipping it... The sample I tried on was horribly stretched out, and well... I wasn't the model dieter over the Holidays (although only gained 3 pounds...)

Not sure... I do animal therapy with Skye at the local nursing homes, which covers my need to be a "helper." I'm an alumnae of Sigma Alpha Iota, and very active in the Reno Alumnae Chapter...

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I've yo-yo dieted all my life. My doctor first thought I had diabetes when I was 11, put me on a 900 calorie diet-I lost 40 pounds (was 5'8" and dropped to 160) but broke my hip that summer with a light fall from a horse. I slowly gained it back in junior high, and was 240 when I graduated from high school. I was a volleyball player, shot and disc thrower, but still huge.
Diabetes reared its ugly head my sophomore year of college. I was first put on oral meds, but found out quickly that I just didn't have any insulin left, and switched. Went on an insulin pump in 2001. My insurance now won't pay for the supplies, so I'm back on shots.
Somersizing is the only thing I've found that has worked for me, and that I've been able to stick with. I plan my cheats (like St. Patrick's Day I'm having a Guiness) and that way I can jump back on the bandwagon....

Thanks for listening.
Josian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #129  

Don't guess I ever did this...so here goes.

DATE: 3/21/06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: M&Gmom/Jackie

BIRTHDAY: 8/12/71

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced, but trying to work things out with my ex...don't ask!

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I live with my two kids 13 & 5. I have really great kids....course I could be a little biased

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Internet/lots of other interests, just no time. Like to play softball and volleyball when I can, which is never

PETS: NONE

Atkins Start Date: June 14, 2003/ Reinducted 2/06

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: My Ex DH brought home the book, and I was hooked.

TOP WEIGHT: 271 - Dropped to 235 and then got a job working for the railroad and my schedule went haywire. Now I have a schedule and am completely (mind, body and spirit) back on track. I guess I also went thru a divorce in there and I tend to stress-eat so I probably stress ate a little too.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 244

GOAL WEIGHT: 175

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Auburn with highlights for now...will probably go back to brown with blond highlights for summer

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Abingdon, IL - nope...not near Chicago...4 hours away...I live in the northwest area of Illinois

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not being prepared and just grabbing anything to eat.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have a vacation coming up and other things in my life seem to be more settled.

Nothing very exciting here....

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Atkins works and I believe in it. Even when I am not OP I know the rules and I think about the carb count of EVERYTHING. I definitely think it can be a change forever.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:42 PM   #130  
Lets get 'er done!

S/C/G: 208/200/125

DATE: 3/24/2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Thinkinthinkaren/Karen

BIRTHDAY: 03/13/1970

MARITAL STATUS: M

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Hubby-Jason (will be 30 this year!) Daugher-Sydney 9, Son-Brayden 2yrs 10mo, Son-Logan 8months

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Spending time with family, home improvement projects, music, reading, movies

PETS: Frosty (Maltese)

ATKINS START DATE: 3/20/2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Was successful on it in the past

TOP WEIGHT: 208

CURRENT WEIGHT: 200

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: Dk. Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dk. Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Central Florida

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I can lose 8 lbs, and then I stall for ever so I quit!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have 3great kids and I want to be around for them, and I want to be able to play with them.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? We are moving to Charlotte, NC (hopefully) this summer, if we can sell our house (market is slow here now).

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I have been slightly overweight my entire adult life. But after my 2nd child I have become heavier, and then we got preggers with baby 3 which made me even heavier! Now I have to work like a dog to get any weight off because I ruined my poor metabolism from yo-yo dieting. I am happy to be part of a group of people that can understand what I am going through, as my hubby can eat like a pig and then take that 5lbs off in 1 day (gets me mad )
thinkinthinkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:47 PM   #131  

DATE: 3/24/06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: bailey/bailey

BIRTHDAY: 1/24/71

MARITAL STATUS: s

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Just me and my 160 lb beast I call a dog

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: in school and work - can't remember what those words mean

PETS: afore mentioned 160 lb beast

ATKINS START DATE: Originally did atkins a few years ago with success, now restarted on 3/19/06

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: It is easy to follow (except the diet coke) and it worked last time

TOP WEIGHT: 17?

CURRENT WEIGHT: 157

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Utah

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: STRESS

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I will graduate in about a year. I am very excited to get a steady job and have more of a "normal" adult life

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Atkins really worked for me the first time I did it. I went back to a more typical way of eating, but only gained a little of the weight back. I never, however, made it to my goal the first time. So here goes!
BaileySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:51 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 170/147/140

DATE: Tuesday March 28, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Carbprincess

BIRTHDAY: 12/81

MARITAL STATUS: commited long-term!!!

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): In a really healthy, loving and honest relationship

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: walking, reading, internet, learning, cooking

PETS: a kitty cat

ATKINS START DATE: I originally started Atkins in March 2003. Followed the diet religiously for 8 months and lost tons of weight. I re-inducted roughly 2 weeks ago after gaining most of that back!!!

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I actually love the atikins diet. It's a very easy way of living. You never starve and I don't find myself tempted to cheat!

TOP WEIGHT: 170

CURRENT WEIGHT: 156

GOAL WEIGHT: My first mini-goal is 140. From there I might want to continue until I reach the 120's. Not sure yet.

HEIGHT: 5'3

HAIR COLOR: brown

OCCUPATION: i'm a geek.. but i prefer the fancy word. "academic"

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Canadian

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: not eating the right foods/overeating.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've finally come to terms with the fact that low carbing is a way of life.. It's longterm.
Carbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:01 PM   #133  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

name, lilybelle/Lily, 46 yrs. old, Birthdate 3-25-60, Married with a 20 yr. old son who is is the Army Reserves,and a 13 yr. old daughter. Have four step-daughters ages 23, 20, 17 and 13. Love to play golf, fish, swim and gardening. I have a female chocolate labrador named, Molly Brown. I started Atkins on June 24, 2005 after my doctor vey crudely told me to get "on a low-carb diet and stick to it". I have liver disease and am waiting on a transplant, I was told I would die without a transplant if I didn't lose the weight, because "the surgery and recovery would kill" me. Now, that's great motivation to lose weight. I started at 234lbs. and am currently at 159lbs.My goal is 145, the doctor set goal at 150 for me, I want to do that little extra for myself. I am 5'7. I have brown hair and brown eyes. I am retired now, previously RN for 20 yrs., stay home now due to my illness. I graduated from University of Oklahoma in 1985 with my Bachelor of Nursing Degree. The biggest problem I have had with this weight loss journey is learning to believe in myself. To start with, I didn't think I could do it. Now, I know I can. Only 14 lbs. left to go and I will get there. My advice to others, is Never Give Up.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:28 AM   #134  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

DATE: 4/3/06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Denise aka activeadventurer

BIRTHDAY: 3/27

MARITAL STATUS: Single and in love

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Family of origin all live in sunny, smoggy California

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Mentoring, learning Spanish, music, movies, basketball!!!

PETS: Love them but allergic!

ATKINS START DATE:Early 2004 for 3 months. Have been maintaining 40# loss since then with portion control and lower carbs. Currently, starting back on low carbs for additional weight loss.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Tried everyting else

TOP WEIGHT: 444

CURRENT WEIGHT: 403

GOAL WEIGHT: 165

EYE COLOR: Hazel Brown

HAIR COLOR: Violet Brown

OCCUPATION: Retired Business Owner, Artist, Wannabee Philanthropist

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Minneapolis Minnesota

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying Motivated

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm motivated. Have lost some mobility (can't walk as far or as much as I want to without knee pain) in part due to my weight. I want it back!!!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Some of my friends call me the "Queen of Dumb Fun"

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Atkins really works!

Last edited by activeadventurer; 04-04-2006 at 12:46 AM.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:31 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 295/259/175?

DATE: April 5, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Phippo/Karlene

BIRTHDAY: April 23

MARITAL STATUS: Married, 16 years

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Daughter - 23 years old, Son - 6 years old, Son - 3 years old

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Guitar, Music esp Hawaiian

PETS: 2 fish and a snail

SOMERSIZE START DATE: Restart 12-05

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE SOMERSIZING: Seemed like something I could live with.

TOP WEIGHT: 295

CURRENT WEIGHT: 259

GOAL WEIGHT: 175?

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Naturally Black, now usually with carmel and red

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: N. California

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Vacations!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Committed again and not as many trips this year.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm an island girl at heart. We were in Colorado for 10 years and now in California for the last 6 but I miss Hawaii. Being a SAHM and an older mom at that, I haven't had a chance to make many friends here. Thank goodness for family!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I started SSing Feb 2001. I lost 60 lbs in 5 months, then I got pregnant. After I gave birth my doctor put me on beta blockers for an occassional rapid heart beat. Made it really hard to lose anything. I had to stay strictly on the plan just to keep my weight steady. I finally got off of those meds but it's been slow going since.
Phippo is offline   Reply With Quote