Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 02:12 AM   #706  

S/C/G: 91/68/65 kg

Height: 172 cm 5ft8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name: Tarryn

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Live with my mum and dad, brother and sister. and have a bf of 2 years

Hobbies and Interests: Floristry, Touchfootball, Triathlons, reading

Favorite Music: Whatevers going!

Favorite Color(s): Dont have one!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Touchfootball!! Running..sometimes haha

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to reach my goal, which means losing 26kg. I want to come in the top 30 of a triathlon i am doing in october.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I saw my self...for real...in the mirror.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Boredom eating! and having a social life while dieting.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Diet- sticking to plan!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? haha..my sister!! We weight the same, but she is an inch taller and it REALLY shows!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? short, shorts and a singlet! and i tight mini dress (but not a slutty one)
Old 05-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #707  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name: fashinjunkie09

Age/Age Range: 23 in september

Family Life: Live with my boyfriend (been together since i was 16) and our 7 month old baby boy, going to get married next year after i graduate college and buy a new house!

Occupation: full-time mom and student, looking for a summer job though

Hobbies and Interests: fashion, shopping, cooking, riding on my boyfriends harley, dancing and just having fun!

Favorite Music: pretty much any!

Favorite Color(s): i like all colors but i really love pinks and greens (thats what im going to do my baby girls room in when i finally have one!)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: bender ball, yoga, pilates, walking while pushing my baby boy in his stroller

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to lose 20 pounds by august 1 and then my last 20 by jan 2 (that will be exactly 1 year to lose 60 pounds), so far im on track!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I became pregnant and therefore thought it was ok to eat anything and everything... when the dr asked me if i had been on the braums diet that was when i realized i needed to lose weight!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Boredom eating! and having a social life while dieting.<--- so true for me too!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
- drinking more water and less dr pepper
- motivating myself to workout EVERY DAY, not just whenever i feel like it
- eating right/more healthy even though i can pretty much eat whatever since i am counting calories

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? ha ha no one in particular, just wanna look HOT

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? tight shirts/dresses- right now my tummy is too yucky i have to wear flowy everything!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #708  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Screen Name: Caro

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: Single

Hobbies and Interests: Hiking, Camping, Reading, Crosswords, Playing with my dog

Favorite Music: Today is a Bright Eyes kind of day, but my answer changes with my moods.

Favorite Color(s):Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: The elluptical machine. I love it, and wish I could afford a better one, with actual programs. Otherwise, I love hiking with my dog, and just going for a walk around the lake.

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to weigh 130 pounds, and lose my flabby stomach and arms.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I realised none of my clothes were fitting right, including some I had bought around Christmas. How could I gain so much in such a short time? Anyway, I refuse to buy an all-new plus-sized wardrobe, so it is time to just draw a line in the sand.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Impatience. I have lost 14.5 pounds in about 3.5 weeks, and I know that is probably too much too fast, but I AM eating, and maybe it is just because those were the 14 pounds I gained so fast? Anyway, I worry I am not always eating up to my calorie quota, and what will be left to do when I plateau? I am working out like crazy and I don't know that I will have time to add more later.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? My cravings for random junk food, like those taco dips from the grocery store. I need to learn to just not want that stuff anymore, and I also need to not START exercising at 10:30 PM if I have to get up for work early in the morning.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I really don't care, honestly. Everyone? My fat self? I just want to look better than I do.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #709  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Screen Name: LaurenA

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: Living with my wonderful fiancee Rob and our dog Kammi. Just brought a house in Upper Cornall (east Markham) and am moving in July 23rd!

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Cooking, Spending time at the park with Rob and Kammi, Sleeping in and Shoes!

Favorite Music: Rock - all time fave band The Killers

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking the dog

What are your fitness/health goals? To be cladssified in the "Healthy Range" for my age and height. and to feel good about myself.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I didn't have a trigger as such I just didn;t feel right.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not falling back into old habits.

1. To find an exercise program that I actually enjoy doing so I will work out more.
2. Learning self-control and
3. Finding motivation in myself rather than out side factors.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? Ummm I don't really want to look better than anyone I just want to feel good about myself

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Not so much what but where I can actually shop, I want to to be able to walk into any store and be able to fit into thier clothes.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #710  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/115

Screen Name: abielle (misspelling of the word for "bee" in French)

Age/Age Range:29

Family Life: Live with wonderful boyfriend

Hobbies and Interests: Painting (watercolor), bike riding, hiking, reading, and writing.

Favorite Music: Motown

Favorite Color(s): Pink and Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, bike riding

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to lose the 50lbs I picked up.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? The saw my reflection in a window and DID NOT like what I saw.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise. I'm never motivated.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?So far, I'm doing pretty well with my diet, I just need to exercise more.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I don't know.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? SKINNY JEANS. PERIOD.

Last edited by abielle; 06-02-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:40 AM   #711  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

Screen Name: whoopseedaisee

Age/Age Range: 33

Family Life: boyfriend Tom, our almost 3-year-old son John & our dog Aura

Hobbies and Interests: reading, blogging, facebooking, running around after my son

Favorite Music: Country, Broadway and anything with a kickin' beat that gets me moving

Favorite Color(s):coffee bean brown & forest green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking, Tae Bo, Biggest Loser Boot Camp dvd

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be close to the "healthy" range for my weight as my body will let me get!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Initially it was losing my mom 6 years ago to her own morbid obesity. Seeing that on her death certificate really wasn't a surprise but it also wasn't easy. Now that I have a child of my own it's even more important!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Taking the time to exercise and prepare decent, healthy meals.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I've recently gone on a gluten-free diet with my son and am trying to figure out the healthiest way to do that. I also need to get off my butt and exercise more. In the past I've also tended to give up when the going gets tough (although this one I think I've got a handle on).

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Just my current self!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I have an adorable sundress in a size 10 that matches the tattoo on my arm SO perfectly but I've never been able to wear it!
Old 06-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #712  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Screen Name: seagirl

Age/Age Range: 37

Family Life: single, live alone & love it.

Hobbies and Interests: cooking, baking bread, sewing, biking, hiking

Favorite Music: country and irish

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, hiking, yoga, weights

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose about 35 pounds, increase stamina, build muscles, maintain those things for life.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? No trigger. Have known for the last 4 years, and just gradually getting more serious about it.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Sticking with it. Continuing to exercise even through depressive times.

1. Do more real sweaty cardio
2. eat more veggies
3. sticking with it.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? The me of today.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Jeans that don't fall down because of my gut. Smaller bras.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #713  

S/C/G: 302/273.5/200

Default introduce yourself

Hi 3FC community,

Wanted to introduce myself with the following:

screen name - honest girl - I chose this name because I'm trying to be more honest with myself about EVERYTHING!

age range - 54 - I really freaked out when I turned 54 this year. I don't know why. Normally birthdays aren't a big deal, however this year was different. I've been going through wrinkle cream by the barrel full.

family life - I have been partnered with the love of my life - a woman - for 15 years now. We are legally married in one of the five (?) states that allow same sex marriage. This year our state income tax refund came in both of our names because we filed jointly. Try explaining that to the credit union when you take the check in! Good thing I was only depositing it (with my partner's endorsement of course).

fitness/health goals - Wow - what a topic! Mostly I just want to grow old as gracefully and as healthy as possible. My greatest fear is being confined to a wheel chair because of my weight when I'm old. Also, I can't wait to save money and only buy one airline seat when I travel.

trigger to motivate me to lose weight - My health. When I was younger (under 45) I did okay physically in spite of my excess weight. However in the least nine years many health problems have manifested themselves.

three areas of improvement - Right now I have two main areas that are tripping me up. The first is making sure I exercise on a consistent basis. The second is "environmental control" - which is to make sure that the right foods are in the cupboard and the WRONG ones aren't. If it's not there - I can't eat it.

That's it for now. Thanks to everyone who posts. It encourages me greatly.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #714  

S/C/G: 212/207/165

Height: 5'10"

Cool I can do it

Screen Name: tiffanyrae6

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Single

Hobbies and Interests: School, movies, friends, going to the pool

Favorite Music: Everything

Favorite Colour(s): Orange and Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Eliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? I just started to work out this past monday and am determined to stick with it. I want to lose 43 lbs by this Halloween.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I can not fit into my new "Fat" clothes I bought.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying motivated and on track. I have a lot of ups and downs and need to keep it level.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise-push myself, stay motivated while continuing to workout daily, workout daily

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: I want to look as hot as Megan Fox.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Swimsuit and a dress

Old 06-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #715  

S/C/G: 208/199/140

Height: 5'7''

Screen Name: arcticmoonshadow

Age/Age Range: 17

Family Life: single. Also, living with my parents for the summer, off to college in the fall.

Occupation: Library aide in the children's room - helping with programs, shelving books, coloring.

Hobbies and Interests: music music music! TV, movies, internet, reading, sleeping...the usual boring stuff.

Favorite Music: Broadway, dance/techno, pop rock, pop, parodies, basically anything. I listen to ANYTHING.

Favorite Color(s): green, blue, and purple. My favorite depends on the shades you show me.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: rollerblading, dancing around like an idiot in my basement

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to never fit into a size over my age, and I want to be able to not be the one breathing the hardest when it's over.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm hoping to lose some weight before college this fall, so when I go I'm not known as the chubby girl.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Motivating myself to exercise and stopping myself from eating all the crap I normally do.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to actually keep logging my calories and exercise instead of dropping off after a week. I need to not get discouraged when I don't lose as much as I want. I also need to realize my food will not run away from me if I don't eat it as quickly as possible.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Ooh...good question. I would have to say...Lea Michele. Or any sort of Broadway person, mostly because they're dancers and they look amazing.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My sister's clothes. One day I'll wear a bikini. Not anytime soon, but one day.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #716  
Tammy

S/C/G: 211/209/145

Screen Name: ladyviv

Age/Age Range: 49, turning 50 in Feb, 2010

Family Life: Husband and dog (my avatar at moment)

Hobbies and Interests: Painting, Reading, Camping (soon)

Favorite Music: love all music except Rap

Favorite Color(s): pinks, lavenders, spring greens (light colors)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: exercise?? ... what is that, LOL

What are your fitness/health goals? to appreciate exercise and use it to my advantage.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have weighed same for over a year, so why can't I lose the weight from Paxil and get down to a healthy weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? exercise

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? exercise, exercise, exercise!!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I just want to be healthy, and little less 'oval' would be nice... hehehe

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I would just like to be in a pair of dress pants and shirt and NOT feel the flab around my waist!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #717  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Screen Name: Mom4life

Age/Age Range: 34

Family Life: husband, 4 kids and 1 dog

Hobbies and Interests: reading, crochet, and walking

Favorite Music: 80's

Favorite Color(s): Lavender

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: TaeBo and step aerobics

What are your fitness/health goals? To be fit and actually have a healthy lifestyle when I get thin again. I never worked out when I was thin.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? #1 when a friend took a picture of me a couple months ago, always stayed locked in my brain. #2, was watching "I lost it" on TV. Watching all these people who lost huge amounts of weight made me think "If they could lose X amount of weight then why can't I lose 48 lbs?"

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Trying to find the right balance on my calorie counting diet.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Finding a balance on both exercise and dieting. I tend to go overboard. Either I exercise way too much or I try hard to stay under my daily calorie allowance.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself right now. I know what I look like thin so I want to go back to it.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My wedding ring. I think friends think I like this crappy band on b/c I like it but I only have it on b/c dh wants me to wear a ring. I have two dresses I've kept just so that I can fit into them. I've had them for 9 yrs.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #718  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Talking Hi, I'm Amy. I like pie!

Screen Name: dietcokehead98

Age/Age Range: I'm 35. How did that happen?

Family Life: I've been married for 8 years, I have one daughter who is 6 going on 16.

Occupation: I'm a director of a local land trust organization. I work with landowners, ranchers and farmers and help them conserve their land for the future.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, blogging, music, watching movies.

Favorite Music: U2, Nine Inch Nails, The Bravery....etc

Favorite Color(s): Purple!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: My own, called the evil treadmill of doom. I raise the incline 2% every 5 mins to the peak, then back down.

What are your fitness/health goals? I need to lose this "baby weight"..it's been six years!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? This last time? My daughter took a pic of me on my iPhone and when I looked at it, I was ashamed.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Food. I am an emotional eater. I'm happy, I eat to celebrate. I'm sad, I eat to comfort. And I LOVE GOOD FOOD. I'm Italian/Irish, with a grandfather who made the richest, most sinful pasta gravy this side of Palermo. I know what good is.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Motivation, accountability and I need to not focus on what I LOOK like while I'm exercising.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Gwen Stefani.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A sundress that doesn't make me look like I'm due anyday, and platform heels that I don't feel unbalanced in because my butt is so big.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:00 AM   #719  
Ay yo le la

S/C/G: 142/134/120

Screen Name: Frigg
Age/Age Range: 20
Family Life: Aspiring spinster.
Hobbies and Interests: Reading, film, nature..
Favorite Music: Folk, Industrial, Metal..
Favorite Color(s): Black
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking amidst nature.
What are your fitness/health goals? Lose ~15lbs, eat healthfully.
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Motivation.
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise, eating whole foods & meal planning.
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Roseanne
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Perhaps a swimsuit... haven't in over a decade.

I have lost some weight previously through calorie counting, I'm just getting back into it after a plateau and going astray.

Last edited by Frigg; 06-15-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #720  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Screen Name: Tanna Banana

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: Married to awesome hubby for 6 years. 18 month old daugther with a beautiful smile.

Hobbies and Interests: music, my daughter, lots of stuff I pick up and never finish.

Favorite Music: Almost anything! I really like Allison Krauss.

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like running, but only after I'm good at it...haha, I also enjoy spinning and kickboxing

What are your fitness/health goals? I would LOVE to do a HIM one day. I want to do a sprint triathlon this August. I had better get running! I would also like to lose 20-25 lbs. That would be nice.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? hmm... I went on a binge yesterday and felt really awful about it. I want to be more confident and less of a spaz when it comes to food.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Food. I want to eat ALL THE TIME. I get bored, so I stuff my face. I get depressed...stuff my face. You get the idea.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? consistency in exercise, consistency in tracking food and keeping a positive attitude.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : all of the freaking stepford wives in my neighborhood. Geesh!!!!!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My hubby and I are going on a cruise in January, and I would love to wear a bikini. Oh, and all of my cute "skinnier" clothes that lurk in my closet.

It's great to be here!!!!