Old 11-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default RED TEAM Week 12 Chat

Welcome to week 12 and Congrats to everyone who made it this far!!

We are having a couple changes this week that I wanted to make you aware of. As you know Angela (Cape Brenton Chick) and myself will be leading the Red and Blue teams in the Winter/Spring challenge that starts Jan 5th. To that end, and because the Blue Team has been virtually leaderless for the past several weeks, Angela is going to go ahead and move over there give them a hand through the end of this challenge. So her weigh-ins will no longer be counted towards Red.

Also we have decided to go ahead and make ArmyWife02 an official member of the Red Team. She has been a great support for our team, and very faithful to give encouragement. I probably should have made her official sooner, but better late than never!

We are coming up on the end of the official run of the challenge. We have not yet decided how we are going to handle the few weeks that will fall between the two challenge. In the past we have simply made one big chat thread for both teams to support and encourage one another. It has also been suggested that we simply extend this challenge to the next (some of us really need the accountability over the holidays). In either case, I'm sure something will be decided this week, and I will let you know as soon as possible.

Whew! That was a long one. Now go out and have a good Monday!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #2  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning all!

...and a formal welcome to the team to ArmyWife! I agree that you have been a part of the team all along, but I'm glad they inducted you officially.

Well, I decided not to take the freebie afterall. I was only up .4 this morning, and I am afraid that taking the freebie will mess with my head. (Which is why I hadn't taken it before with bigger gains.) I'd really like to finish this challenge by being 100% true to myself and being accountable for both the good and the bad...

That sounds kinda down, but I'm actually in a very good place and ready to press on through this week. We have holiday parties starting this weekend and it is going to be a challenge, but I know we can all do it! Ms Perception has said it before and I completely agree - perseverance is key in this process. So lets all persevere together! Go team RED!

Last edited by tinabinab; 11-30-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #3  

tinabinab - I think that only a 0.4lb gain during an eating holiday is pretty darn good! I respect your decision to go ahead a post your weight no matter what.

I unfortunately am up 1.2, though I can't for the life of me figure out why. I was careful with what I ate, plus I worked out like a fury, burning well over 1000 calories on Thursday alone. The only thing I can figure is that I'm still retaining water from starting strength training back up. It has been almost two weeks but maybe it is just taking longer to level out. You know it is one thing to press on when you are seeing results, but I've been in and out of the 160s practically all year. But I'm going to keep pressing on. I hate to do anything drastic, because I know I won't be able to maintain it, but losing 5lbs in 12 weeks is really, really slow.

It does give me more sympathy for others though. I probably shouldn't admit this, but sometimes I would see someone gain or not lose weight and I would think "SLACKER! If they just stuck to it like me....." But now that I'm doing the work, eating the right stuff and nothing is happening (or is going the wrong direction), I can see that sometimes it is simply beyond our control. So until I start seeing some significant decreases in my weight I'm going to adopt an old Stonewall Jackson quote as my motto...."Do your duty and let God worry about the consequences."
Old 11-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #4  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! The weekend was mostly good, but I totslly dived at supper last night so I didn't weigh this morning as my rings were tight and I knew I was gonna be looking at major retention. I didn't even think about the fact that I needed to weigh in for the challenge. I've been without a scale since we were out of town all weekend, so I had to take my 2nd freebie. It wasn't even intentional, but It's no big deal to me. Just means these last couple weeks will count, so I should keep on keeping on!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #5  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

ArmyWife02~ Congrats on your official, official membership!

MonteCristo~ Thank you for volunteering to lead us in the next challenge as well!

tinabinab~ what are your plans for tackling the party munchies?

Ms Perception~

So, I really want to apologize for being MIA so much over the past few weeks. I feel like every time I start getting better, I get hit with some other kind of illness or ailment. Needless to say, I’ve decided that no matter what, I’m just going to start charging through being sick and pushing myself. The doctor did make the point that people who eat better and exercise are less likely to get sick and get better faster… so I’m hoping that’s my problem… getting ready to head to the gym… happy Monday everyone!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Hey ladies. The long weekend didn't go so great for me weight loss wise, but it was great otherwise. I worked out so hard on Thursday that I couldn't workout Friday or Saturday (oops). But I did come up with one strategy to help me at Christmas and other future holiday dinners. After we eat we always sit at the table talking for another hour or two. So of course, we end up munching on more food during that time. So in future holidays I'm taking my plate into the kitchen as soon as I finish eating. If I don't have a plate in front of me to put food on while we talk, I will be better able to avoid overeating! That's my learning experience for the week. Glad to be home and getting back on track today.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Hello to everyone. I waited until now to post my weight. I weighed Saturday and I had gained so I did a fast and I am back down to my 189. I know fast are not healthy but I was so bloated and miserable I really needed to get rid of the toxiants in my body. I was hoping for a loss but at least it is not a gain and the best part is the guilt from eating bad on Thursday is still with me so yah!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for the holidays!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #8  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
Igetfit, I hope you feel better soon! and Armyife... bless your heart dealing with those crowds!!
I am also wondering.. since we are practically in Dec. already, if there is going to be a BL winter challenge here.. I saw last week that the winter season of TBL is starting on Jan.5th, so if there is going to be a winter challenge here, I hope the sign up thread ill be up soon! I do not want to step on anyones toes and go ahead and start one.. do we have a Blue Team Leader?.. I feel out of the loop here.. lol Monte are you doing both teams? If there is no one already taking over a team for the winter, I would love to step up and be a team leader for the winter challenge..
Thanks Angela, I am feeling a bit better today, the flu is a great diet aid though! LOL I am so excited for you to be a leader but sorry we are losing you to the Blue Team.... You are going to make an awesome Blue Team Leader!

Ms. Preception: I tried on that size 14 skirt today and it's now a bit loose, I started to cry. Size 6-8 here I come!

Shan: Congrats my friend on your 3lb loss!

Monte: I would be honored to be on your team again, I can't wait for the next BL challange with you as my team leader!

Tina: Strawberry and pineapple margaritas! Yummy, I wouldn't have been able to pass those up either!

KimL1214: Hey Hello!

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 11-30-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #9  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

I'm dropping in this morning to say thank you to everyone who has stuck with our challenge this time around. The red team, and the friends I have made on this team have been a HUGE motivation and support team for me. I would not be where I am today without you all.

With that being said, there are two more weeks right now left of this challenge and I really really want to stay strong to the end. My numbers have dropped off a little bit the past two weeks, once with losing 2lbs, and then this past week losing 3lbs. Don't get me wrong, any loss is great, but I know I can do better.

Also, on a side note, I am booked to go to Japan on December 12th-December 16th. This is meant to be not only my vacation time from work but it is supposed to be my reward for working so hard on this challenge. As I said, I really want to finish strong. But, more than that, I really am hoping to be in the 200's by New Year's Eve. I would love to start off 2010 with a bang! I know I can lose the 16lbs to get there this month as long as I really push myself and commit myself to it.

I'm sharing all of this with you so you know where I'm at. Again, thank you to everyone for constantly being here!
Old 11-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Ladies!!! I just wanted to come and thank all of you for your un-ending and complete encouragement and support over the last 11 weeks! I could not have gotten through them without all of you. I am going to miss all of you but you can count on me popping in every once in a while! lol
I want to say congrats and a huge thank you to Armywife who has unfaultering-ly and tireless-ly been there for each and every one of us offering advice, support, recipes .. (that smoothie is incredible btw..thanks again!) and being a former "armywife" myself I understand how incredibly stressful and hectic her life can be and I just want to say you amaze and inspire me everyday I come on and read your posts... You rawk!
Monte(Antonia) thank you so much for being such an incredible leader and supporter! I look forward to working with you now as a leader.. I think we are going to make a great team!
MUAH!!!! to all of you.. now come on and give me a run for my money this week!!! hahaha
Old 11-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #11  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
I'm dropping in this morning to say thank you to everyone who has stuck with our challenge this time around. The red team, and the friends I have made on this team have been a HUGE motivation and support team for me. I would not be where I am today without you all.

With that being said, there are two more weeks right now left of this challenge and I really really want to stay strong to the end. My numbers have dropped off a little bit the past two weeks, once with losing 2lbs, and then this past week losing 3lbs. Don't get me wrong, any loss is great, but I know I can do better.

Also, on a side note, I am booked to go to Japan on December 12th-December 16th. This is meant to be not only my vacation time from work but it is supposed to be my reward for working so hard on this challenge. As I said, I really want to finish strong. But, more than that, I really am hoping to be in the 200's by New Year's Eve. I would love to start off 2010 with a bang! I know I can lose the 16lbs to get there this month as long as I really push myself and commit myself to it.

I'm sharing all of this with you so you know where I'm at. Again, thank you to everyone for constantly being here!
Honey you have lost 74 lbs that's a small child, in under 4 months that is awesome, frecking awesome. I know you can get to your goal, so never give up and remember you are worth it!

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 11-30-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #12  

Time for another announcement............Angela and I have been talking about how to balance the time between the challenges so that no feels like they've lost accountability, or is overwhelmed by having them start back to back. So we've decided that when the Fall challenge ends we will start up a combined chat thread (go purple!) and a weigh in thread (which will of course be strictly voluntary). That way those who need the extra accountability can continue to participate in the weigh ins, and those who need a short break will be free to do so. The combined thread will run until the teams are announced (Jan 1st, 2010), after which we will start separate meet & greet threads for each team.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #13  

WEEK 11 RESULTS

RED TEAM

BIGGEST LOSER

IGetFitNStrongforme - 3.0lbs (1.80%)

RUNNER UPS

shan84 - 3.0lbs (0.94%)
ArmyWife02 - 1.2lbs (0.81%)
sunnigummi - 0.9lbs (0.59%)

TOTAL TEAM WEIGHT LOSS

2.9lbs

TOTAL TEAM WEIGHT LOSS PERCENTAGE

0.07%
Old 12-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #14  
Back at it...again!

IGetFit-Way to go on being this week's Biggest Loser and AWESOME on those 14's being loose!! You are on your way, lady!

I weighed today and was back at 135, so I changed my ticker and all to reflect where I'm at after the holiday weekend....up a pound and a half from my low last week. At least it's not worse and I am back on track to get a few more pounds off this challenge. I'd really love to get down to 130 or even the 120's (a dream!!), but my realistic goal is to get and stay under 132 for the rest of the month. We'll see what I can do with this crazy, temptation filled month. I LOVE Christmas time!!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #15  
Back at it...again!

Monte-Is our total weight loss correct? It looks like the top few people lost over 8lbs between them. Just wondering...