Old 10-19-2009, 08:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default RED TEAM Week 6 Chat

Here is the new chat thread. Let see how high we can rack up the post count this week!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #2  

Monday Discussion Question - What exercise makes you feel the best about yourself, and why do you think that is?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #3  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Since it's Monday night here in SK, I'll jump right in and get us going. I had a great day today food wise and exercise wise. The week 6 exercise challenge is perfect for me and I hope I can put in the work and beat TOM this week.

Monday discussion question- I really, really, really love working out to my Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies 1-4. It makes me feel the best about myself because the people in the video not only encompass the overweight person I am now, but the healthy new me that I am striving to achieve. I love the way the music makes me feel, and even though a lot of people put down Richard Simmons, he really knows how to be compassionate and really lifts my spirits.

Hope everyone else gets off to a good start for Week 6! GO RED TEAM!!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
Monday discussion question- I really, really, really love working out to my Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies 1-4. It makes me feel the best about myself because the people in the video not only encompass the overweight person I am now, but the healthy new me that I am striving to achieve. I love the way the music makes me feel, and even though a lot of people put down Richard Simmons, he really knows how to be compassionate and really lifts my spirits.
I may have to give that a try. I usually hate exercise videos, for two main reasons; I'm extremely picky about the music I enjoy, and I HATE those tiny little upbeat people. But I love oldies, so maybe this would be something I would like. Would you mind telling me some of the songs that He uses? Thanks!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #5  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

MonteCristo-Thanks for starting us out with a fresh thread. I really fell behind here and completely lost track of the Red Team threads last week. I am back and ready to be a supportive Red team member.

Shan-I agree it's easy to tease Richard Simmons, but I always enjoyed his videos because you could just feel how much he wanted to help people get healthy!

Igetfitandstrong-Thanks for the I know I haven't been on here like I should. Time to refresh my commitment to RED

The exercise that makes me feel best about myself is probably running, followed closely by weight lifting. Both are things I really enjoyed as a teen but didn't pursue as much when I gained weight. Now I feel fit and healthy as I do those things. I can see the muscle firming slowly and my endurance and speed are slowly improving while running. That feeling of youthful strength is fantastic!

Unfortunately, recently I've been experiencing some pain in my right foot which is making me slow down on my runs and evaluate whether to completely stop running until the pain leaves or just baby it between runs and see how that goes. So far, I've been doing the second thing. I REALLY don't want to stop running and honestly my foot feels no better or worse after running, so I figure, why not run? The other down side is that I experience the pain (not major) during any exercise that involves me being on my feet. I'm not sure about the best course of action here. I've finally gotten to a good exercise routine and now to stop would make me feel like crap!

P.S. The above is the reason I've not joined the exercise challenge. I'd love to but not sure I can.

Last edited by Ms Perception; 10-19-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good morning/ good evening to you all. I can not post a loss for this week. I weighed this past Wednesday and I had actually gained so I lost that pound and 4 oz and am back where I started. I need to get back on track I did so well this past summer. This cold weather is doing me in.

What exercise makes you feel the best about yourself, and why do you think that is?
I did exercise last night but not as much as I need too. I need to get back in the habit. When I exercise consistantly I feel better about myself because I feel like I have accomplished something for myself. Something just for me. I have more energy and confidence when I exercise and I have done so well and seen some great results since I began my weightloss journey. With all that said. Some nights I still can not motivate myself to exercise. I did the 30day shred DVD by Jillian Michaels and I felt great!!!

Monte Cristo- way to get our week started. Thank you for your leadership.

Shan- remember when the Sweatin tapes first came out and my mom bought them. I will have to see if she still has them. Great job on the exercise.

Ms Perception- I hope your foot feels better, but way to go on exercising through the pain.

Last edited by sweetandspicy; 10-19-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #7  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofsix View Post
Good morning/ good evening to you all. I can not post a loss for this week. I weighed this past Wednesday and I had actually gained so I lost that pound and 4 oz and am back where I started. I need to get back on track I did so well this past summer. This cold weather is doing me in.

What exercise makes you feel the best about yourself, and why do you think that is?
I did exercise last night but not as much as I need too. I need to get back in the habit. When I exercise consistantly I feel better about myself because I feel like I have accomplished something for myself. Something just for me. I have more energy and confidence when I exercise and I have done so well and seen some great results since I began my weightloss journey. With all that said. Some nights I still can not motivate myself to exercise.

Monte Cristo- way to get our week started. Thank you for your leadership.

Shan- remember when the Sweatin tapes first came out and my mom bought them. I will have to see if she still has them. Great job on the exercise.

Ms Perception- I hope your foot feels better, but way to go on exercising through the pain.
This could've been me posting! I was on a ROLL this summer and now I've just kinda become a lump. Yesterday was my first day back to exercise. I really needed this week's challenge!

As far as exercise, I would say anything that gets my heart rate up and feeling sore afterward (legs and arms, not my heart ). I love walking briskly. I love jogging too. I feel like a "runner" you know those super fit chix who always jog past in sports bra and shorts with their iPods and they're barely breaking a sweat and they're super toned? I always keep that image in my head while I'm jogging. It keeps me going.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

Nicki.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #9  

Hi team! I haven't been here a lot either, it's our busiest time of the year right now and by the time I finally get home half the time all I want to do is crash. So what's new with me....was diagnosed with a vitamin D deficiency and am now on high dose supplements and OMG it's amazing how much better I feel. This past weekend I actually had an overabudance of energy and it was really, really nice because I got a lot done. I posted a 2.8 lb loss this morning....I'm down a total of 13.6 lbs for this challenge, and down 26 lbs overall. Go me! lol I'm very happy with my progress.

I also haven't posted here a lot because a thread I posted about the diet I'm currently on was closed with the comment that 3FC doesn't support that diet. I felt like whoever closed it didn't bother to read that I'm not on a severe starvation form of the diet, and wasn't willing to consider that maybe it's possible to take some of the good things about a diet and use them without going to extremes? So I was very disappointed with that and needed some time to sort out my feelings. Bottom line...I don't feel like I can post about the diet I'm on here, but I think everyone can tell from my post in the weigh-in thread that I'm losing a couple pounds a week which is a safe rate of weight loss. And all of my doctors, not just my diet doctor, are very happy with my weight loss and are very supportive. So it's all good whether others agree with my choices or not

Monday Discussion Question - What exercise makes you feel the best about yourself, and why do you think that is?

I really like any exercise that is fun and doesn't FEEL like exercise. Water aerobics is a favorite because it just feels like splashing around and goofing off in the pool. I also like Turbo Jam....it's a little more like exercise, but it's fast-paced and bouncy and some of the routines just make me laugh sometimes!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:58 AM   #10  
Back at it...again!

Sunnigummi-That's a great mental picture to keep while running. Thanks for sharing that. I want to be that toned, fit chick running down the road! It would ROCK if I was at that point next summer and could run around in running shorts and a tight running top without worrying about what's jiggling! LOL

Luckybustert-Sorry to hear your diet thread was closed, but as long as your doing something healthy that you can sustain as a lifestyle long-term, then keep it up. I always just ask myself if I can do this (eat this way, do this exercise) the rest of my life and if I can't answer yes, then I don't even begin that thing. Take care and thanks for coming on here!

Mommyofsix-It is definitely a tough time of year. Don't worry about maintaining. You were able to get off the excess and now you can make progress from there. This colder weather here has certainly dampened my enthusiasm for running outside, but I have made some changes to make it better. I'm in charge here, not the temperature! LOL BTW, I love your avatar. You have such a sweet, beautiful smile! Thanks for sharing it with us!!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #11  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

Good morning ladies! (And good evening to you Shan!)

As for the question of the day, I would put running as the one that feels the best to me. I love doing my exercise outside and as a life-time asthmatic, running is not something that is easy for me at all. I mostly only do it in intervals (kinda a modified C25K); I don't know if I will ever be able to run a full mile in one stretch. It kicks my butt, but I always feel so invigorated and empowered afterwards. Love that "high".

I'm on another high this morning. After my 1 lb gain last week, I logged a 4 lb loss this morning. It's the second day in a row that number appeared on the scale, so I'm feeling pretty darn good about it. I think my muscles may have been retaining water last week after all the stair climbing I'd done at Great Wolf last weekend.

I also took my measurements this morning, but I can't seem to find the paper where I had written down the original numbers. Wah. I use WW online, and I can see where the measurements are listed, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where to actually enter them in. Anyone know?

Hope everyone has a great week 6!!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #12  
Back at it...again!

tinabinab-Go into Weight Tracker and at the bottom of the page you should be able to enter your new measurements. Hope it works!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #13  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

Thanks!! I could see the stats page, but I couldn't figure out where to click to add updates. (Apparently I'd entered some numbers in back when I first did WW online.) So I finally figured out if I pulled up each measurement chart and clicked on the circle for today that I could put a new number in there. Awesome - thanks!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #14  
Making Peace With Food

S/C/G: 215/153.4/120

Height: 5'4"

Greetings Ladies!

I totally apologize for not being a supportive teammate. My life has just been very emotionally draining lately and I find that sometimes by the end of the day I just don't have anything left to offer. I am still fully committed to the REDS though!

I agree with the multiple posters above who said RUNNING! I love running!!! I completed my first half marathon last year and am going for my second in Nov. Mind you I'm not fast and don't look like one of those "running chicks," but I just love the way it makes me feel.

A close second...Zumba! A class they have at the Y that's latin dance based aerobics. A great workout and a ton of fun.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 245/219/160

Height: 5'9

Good Day Ladies!!!!
Im glad to see so many posts this morning!! and glad to see im one of them lol. great job for all the losses this week! i totally agree it has been a busy start i hope to be able to make more time to come and check in more then my weigh ins but sometimes its impossible ugh! but ill figure it out.

SimpleRythm i totally want to try out zumba we have it at the gym out here but im scared of taking a class, dont want them to kick my butt... but it sounds great, i think ill look into it =)

for mondays discussion question i agree totally with sunnigummi! i love anything that makes you sore or keeps your heartrate up, i know i had a good workout if my legs are sore and im sweating! anything that makes me sweat eww huh! its great!!!!!

Last edited by MrsVegan00; 10-19-2009 at 01:13 PM.