Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #61  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

SugarSpell, it's normal to lose a large amount of water weight when you first start Atkins.

Thanks, futurehealthyme!

168.6 this morning, which means the number I saw yesterday was real. In the past I've always thought I had to do low carb without working out and regular carbs with working out. I have worked out four days this week and will be working out today as well. Instead of going back to regular eating because I am working out, I have upped my carbs by about 10-20 g a day. Well, the first day I did it I overshot and was around 40 g that day but was at 30 g yesterday. I just feel like I need more with all the exercise I'm doing.

And so far my weight is going down and I feel good. It's working well for me.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #62  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureHealthyMe
12 pounds is doable but you have to consider that you are small already.
Small? I could hug you right now! lol. But I do find that the weight comes off much slower than it used to. x__x The first time I tried Atkins I lost 20lbs in a month. How I long for those days...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureHealthyMe
235.8 this morning from 236.6 yesterday morning.
Way to go on another loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM
168.6 this morning, which means the number I saw yesterday was real.
Awesome stuff! I weighed 180 yesterday, but today I'm back up to 182...There's nothing worse I tell ya.

But I had a good day! I baked cookies with my boyfriend's son, and managed to resist them. And to top it off, the weather was beautiful so we took him to the park. We got at least an hour long walk.

Last edited by SugarSpell; 01-12-2013 at 07:09 PM.
SugarSpell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #63  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Hi everybody,
Same weight today..no cheating but no exercising in the past 2 days either. I am doing it today.
Nice job SugarSpell resisting temptations (cookies) and awesome on spending quality time with your family!
You are right, the smaller you are the slower the weight loss.....God help me get to that point hahahahaa where I have lost enough to be a part of the smaller people category.
All the best to you Ladies. Be strong over the weekend and say no to the bad wicked carbs and yes to the healthy ones!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-12-2013 at 07:43 PM.
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Hi everyone - I'm still here - and losing - just slowly - I would love a big week every so often butI will take what every loss I get

Been doing good with my steps yesterday got in over 15,000 -- remember all of my steps are in the house - mostly walking in place or doing my Walk it Out game - -- they count even if you are walking in place in front of the tv -- yesterday I watched one football game with hubs but for the second one I went in the bedroom to watch something else and I walked during every commercial - and go about 8,000 steps just doing that - I walk in place, jog in place walk back and forth dance a little whatever -- it is movement and counts and my body doesn't know if it is and 5 ft square area or if I have walked into the village and back

Vi I so understand the flare thing and wanting to curl up under the covers -- Have you found that LC helps at all - I swear it has made my flares less bad and shorter -- and it has helped the Ulcerative Oral LP flares - which not having a mouth full of canker sore type of things for weeks on end is a GOOD thing

Doing my best to avoid the flu - the whole state is under an emergency alert for it - got NyQuil, DayQuil, soups and snacks for hubs, sugar free cough drops, etc coming in my PeaPod order today to have everything needed in the house just in case .. So my groceries definitely cost more than normal today ..

I wish they had a like feature for the posts sometimes I pop in just to read but may not be up to a post (cranky and all that lol) but I would love to say good job on so many of the posts -- now to go change my numbers but the little bit of loss - it all counts though right
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #65  

Just wait till menopause hits LOL it is like PMS 24/7 -- at least for me it has been - and I looked forward to it for so long I swear that is half of why I lose slowly - but a loss is a loss

lost the 1lb over the last week - I actually do figure it will be another year to be at goal (which could change as I get closer either higher or lower) but I have 34 lbs to go to what I picked originally because it was in the healthy numbers for my age etc that I found online ..

I won't be changing how I eat because I love what I am doing - but I still want to see that goal number yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurehealthyme View Post
Hi everybody!
Good to hear from you again rho1640!
I hope that you are safe and will not get the flu. Nice job on getting your daily steps in! You are so right...in/out or about....steps count.
Same weight here....argh!!!
No cheating, stayed 20 carbs and walked yesterday. I wonder if TOM is on the way...I am one of those women who never know when TOM arrives......always amazed at so many other women who know the date and even the time of day sometimes..hahahaha not here....always a surprise....unpleasant one!
We'll see.....i won't let this get me down......walking again today and sticking to my good eating choices.
Take care Ladies!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #66  
I can and will do this!

rho1640, do you have a summary of your journey?
Your success is INCREDIBLE and would love to read more about how you stuck to it, what you did and when you started.
Thank you for considering this.
All the best!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #67  

Quote:
rho1640, do you have a summary of your journey?
Your success is INCREDIBLE and would love to read more about how you stuck to it, what you did and when you started.
Thank you for considering this.
All the best!
Well you can see I joined originally in 2003 I think it said - it didn't take then I don't remember how long I did it but it wasn't long - but the last day in May 2011 I decided to try it again - And it worked --

Mainly I decided to be easier on myself - I don't do ANYTHING perfectly - so I am afraid I call my plan Atkinsish - I do shoot for 20 net carbs a day - from veggies mainly - and I do occasionally have a planned "indulgence" I HATE HATE HATE the term cheat - if you call it a cheat then you feel like oh I blew it may as well eat anything and everything today - with a planned indulgence I truly think about it and it is one thing in a meal - an example on vacation I had sweet potato fries with horseradish sauce and a few bloody mary's - New Years Eve I had a bit of desert that had some wheat in it but was sugar free - and I occasionally have Chinese Dumplings because I absolutely adore them -- My thinking is I am doing this for life - those things may slow me up for a few days the week I do them (and believe me they are few and far between) but it is worth it to me to have them so I am not deprived . I've also found that I have planned an indulgence and then decide against it when I get there and have no problems finding things to eat ..

I don't stress about little things if I go to Panera I get the Asian Sesame Chicken salad and have them hold the won tons and put the salad dressing on the side they give you 2 containers of dressing I open one and I dip my fork in it then pick up the salad - so I don't stress weather or not the salad dressing has a little sugar in it -- And I have never finished even one of the containers of dressing ... I do go online and look for nutrition sites for restaurants and Panera is great because you can take items out and see the differences in the whole nutrition ..

And I like playing with recipes and making them LC friendly - and looking for new recipes to cook

so I started basically June 1, 2011 and here I am today --

my exercise is wearing a Fitbit and I have worked my daily step goal up to 11,000 a day - did that slowly too - and almost all of them are walking and jogging in place in the house - using my Walk it Out Wii Game and walking during commercials - I am allergic to the sun so can't go out to walk around the neighborhood or anything ..

I just keep plugging along day by day, or meal by meal, or hour by hour or some days second by second - And it is a life journey to be enjoyed not an all or nothing thing ...

pretty boring huh
Old 01-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #68  
I can and will do this!

Thank you rho1640!!!
Good tip on the "indulgence" vs. "cheat"!
Makes sense and it is not guilt loaded!
I appreciate you sharing your story and I find it inspiring!
I love reading success stories like yours, Stephanie's and many others'.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #69  

Quote:
Thank you rho1640!!!
Good tip on the "indulgence" vs. "cheat"!
Makes sense and it is not guilt loaded!
I appreciate you sharing your story and I find it inspiring!
I love reading success stories like yours, Stephanie's and many others'.
You will be writing your story soon!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #70  
Losing the baby weight

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around. I was working on slowly upping my carbs since I had been exercising regularly, I had done my 6th day of 30DS on Saturday. We went to my MIL's but because I worked out and showered I didn't have time to make myself something to eat there.

She had some dried apricots, almonds, wasabi peas and some other seeds out. I had a few almonds and wasabi peas as I will do at times and then had some dried apricot. It wasn't bad so I ate quite a bit because I was hungry and we were waiting on dinner. Later that night I had a fever and chills and I woke up Sunday morning with the start of hives.

They progressed really quickly and suddenly my whole body was flaring up, my hands and feet swelled with hives to the point I couldn't walk or grip anything. My husband ended up leaving my daughter and step daughter at his moms so he could take me to the hopsital since benadryl, oatmeal baths, baking soda baths, and ice weren't doing it. I got a prescription for 12 days of steroids. I felt so horrible I wasn't eating very much, but it was mostly high carb things just to get something in my stomach.

I actually still feel really horrible, my palms are on fire and today is day 3 of steroids. I won't be working out today since the heat and sweat will irritate them, but I will be starting back onto induction today. About a month ago I ate some trail mix and got an itchy throat, well I checked out the label Sunday morning wondering if there was something in there that matched what I ate yesterday and it was dried apricot.

So either I'm allergic to the fruit, the pollen on the fruit, or the chemicals they use to preserve the colour and taste of dried fruit. I will never eat a dried fruit or apricot again. As we speak my butt is breaking out in hives and yesterday I went back to the pharmacy with them all over my face to see if there was anything else I could do. Looks like I'll just have to play the waiting game!

I did hit 168.2 yesterday which was cool, but 170.2 today. The steroids can cause increased appetite and weight gain so I think I need to get my eating in check right away. Sorry for the long story!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #71  

StephanieM, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I once had a bad case of something similar to hives, and I found that rubbing baking powder directly on my skin kept it soothed and dry. And I wore loose-fitted pjs for comfort. Don't feel bad that you're not totally on plan, you're unwell. Maybe you could send your husband out to get you some greek yogurt or something else that's lc friendly. I really hope you feel better soon!

Addition: I weighed today and read 179 on the scale! Therefore I'm at the halfway mark. I hope I can lose 9 pounds in the next 4 weeks.

Last edited by SugarSpell; 01-15-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #72  

Don't beat yourself up. So you had a sandwich. A lot of people "indulge" on a box of donuts, or a whole pizza! In a few days you'll be back to normal. You're doing awesome by getting back on the saddle now instead of feeling defeated and going on a week long binge.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 AM   #73  

oh Stephanie - ow ow ow -- Just do your best while on the steroids and eat lots of on plan stuff and drink lots of water -- yogurt would be good too ..

FHM - so this was your indulgence for the month - and if you loved every single taste of it it was worth it - just drink lots of water and really get some perfect days in now and you will be fine ...

Went to a new little store today and bought the biggest pork rinds I have ever seen - And they had Pigs ears -- anyone have a recipe for them - And I was thrilled to see smoked hocks, and neck bones and fatback and salt pork, I went in mainly because they had a good price a beef roast that I am doing tomorrow in the sleet and rain they are predicting .. -
Old 01-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #74  
Losing the baby weight

SugarSpell, I've tried everything, including the baking soda. The pharmacist told me I just have to wait it out at this point. Congrats on your new weight!

futurehealthyme, thanks! I dropped about two lbs of water weight overnight.

rho, ow ow ow is right!

So I weighed in at 168.4 this morning, which is great. I thought I could exercise today because I woke up with no itchiness but now I'm breaking out on my butt, hips, tummy, and ears. I feel nauseated from all the pills and I'm sitting on an ice pack for relief. I kept my daughter home today because she has a bad diaper rash and hasn't been feeling well. It's hard taking care of the both of us.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you guys, I got my license! That's one of the main reasons I went to the emergency room for steroids on Sunday, I had my driving test Monday and my hands were so swollen with hives I couldn't make a fist to grip the wheel. I passed, even while feeling twitchy and itchy all over!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

I'm checking in. Last week wasn't good. I cut my food too low and ended up getting sick-so ended up eating too many carbs-so I feel like I'm starting over. I am at ticker wait, so hopefully that means by weigh in on Saturday I'll be down another pound. but for now I'll be happy with where I'm at and that I'm eating and feeling less bloated anyway
Congrats on everyone's successes
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote