Old 01-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

In the past, every time I've told people I've lost a pound or two, I ended up gaining it back. But I'm determined to not only keep this one off, but add more "offs". lol
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #32  

I cannot tell you how happy I am to have found this forum! Where have I been?? I didn't even know this exsisted! Anyways, I am super over weight these days, miserable, and incrediably motivated to "transform" myself in 2013! With your posts of support, my success becomes even more real! Atkins, the low carb lifestyle works best with my family history of obseity and health issues- sooooo, onto Atkins induction diet I go... Today is Day 1 for me... Thank you all for being "here with me"- I will be visiting daily, and love the ticker graph to aid my progress with a visual... "Talk" to you all soon...
Madeena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #33  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

BrenM, I tell everyone about it so I *can't* gain it back! I couldn't handle gloating about losses then gaining them back, haha.

Welcome Madeena! It'd be awesome if you checked in daily. I'm a daily weigher/check in type person and I hate when it's only me posting here.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #34  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Default another day

Hi everyone,
I was so proud of my good choices.....walked 3 miles again, had salmon with romaine, chicken salad for lunch and coffee for breakfast..THEN at 11 pm........I got out of bed and had 2 wraps with peanut butter and jelly.......
ARGH..........needless to say this morning I was up 2 pounds........
starting again........I just can't give up and the fact that I admit this to myself and you helps.
BrenM, back on the wagon right?
Welcome lash0orty and madeena!
It is good to have more people here working together for the same goal.
Congratulations Stephanie for your will power and weight loss!
I planned my meals for today and I will stick to it......I need to hit my weekly goals.
Have a wonderful day everybody!
Talk to you Ladies tomorrow!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-05-2013 at 03:05 PM.
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

hey everyone - still here - whatever this bug is I either have it again or I pushed it and didn't get rid of it - I am determined to get in my minimum 10,000 steps in even today - EVEN if I have to do it 200 steps at a time in front of my chair ...

All I have had today is water, coffee and an english muffin - I'm not terribly worried about the muffin since it is all that I could even stand thinking about eating -
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #36  
Losing the baby weight

futurehealthyme, it sounds like you didn't eat very much at all yesterday. You should add in more food, like healthy fats. You probably got up and binged not because you were craving carbs but just food. Do you calorie count at all? I do because I find with Atkins I can either undereat because I'm not hungry once I get over that initial hump, or because I can really overeat with all the extras like mayo.

rho, that's awesome you have a daily goal for yourself. I'm thinking of doing something similar when I go back to work. It's a sit down job but I'll be out of the house more often and they have a gym downstairs with a treadmill.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #37  
I can and will do this!

StephanieM you are right!
I am adding more olive oil in my cooking and eggs (cooked in a variety of ways) in the morning.
I wasn't hungry though, I just wanted bread and didn't have any so I went for the wraps.....
But, if I balance my food intake with the right fats and calories...then maybe my cravings will diminish.
Time to find something to watch on TV while doing my treadmill walk.
I am also going to have water bottle by the bed so that I can have that instead of other bad choices at night.
Thank you very much for your thoughts and advice StephanieM!

Nice job rho1640 working on your goal!
I am sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you feel better soon. It is motivating seeing progress isn't it? Either 10,000 steps or whatever else we plan to do for the day.
I am recording my daily exercises on a calendar each day and it is a good visual on my desk. I do it on my computer in a Word doc as I write what I eat each day but....seeing it every time I walk by my desk....helps me!
Good luck Ladies!
I will check in tomorrow and will - God help me - share my good choices and progress!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-05-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #38  
Losing the baby weight

169.4 This morning! And I got my TOM. I don't know if it dropped down again because of my TOM or if this means it will be dropping down more once it's done. I'm enjoying these initial losses though I know it will slow down.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #39  
Losing the baby weight

futurehealthyme, I have a horrible past history of cheating on this diet. It got me nowhere, because everytime I did it I stopped losing weight for at least 3 days. It's totally not worth it.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #40  
I can and will do this!

I agree StephanieM...not worth it!
Can you please help me figure out how to add a weight tracker on my messages?
Thank you.

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-06-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #41  

Height: 5'9"

At the top left, click User CP, then Edit Signature, and you should find a link that helps you create one. You need to be a member for 20 days or have 20 posts to make a signature, I think.
SugarSpell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #42  
I can and will do this!

Default thank you

Thank you so much SugarSpell!
I need to wait for the 20 days...by then hopefully my weight tracker will show a decent change
Thanks again!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #43  

Height: 5'9"

Any time FHM!

I told myself I wouldn't weigh myself, but the curiousity was killing me. I weigh 188 lbs. I recently lost 90 lbs and gained 40 lbs of it back 6 months later. I knew I gained quite a bit, but seeing that number on the scale really sucks.

I turned to food for comfort after a painful breakup, a move, a new job, and a miscarriage. I wish I had dealt with these things differently, but I'm leaving it in the past. I'm back on the wagon and trying to lose 18lbs in this challenge, AND fit my new dress.
SugarSpell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #44  
Started IP April 4, 2012

Height: 5'5"

I've been going back and forth... trying to decide between IP or Atkins. I've been off IP for about 5 months, but I need to get back on the low carb, mainly because I feel so much better. I think I will join y'all and go with Atkins. They are both so similar, but the IP is more expensive (I think). I will begin tomorrow... so wish me luck! I would like to take off about 25-30 more pounds.

Last edited by Volly; 01-06-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Volly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #45  
I can and will do this!

Welcome Volly!
I have never tried the IP but sure like the freedom that Atkins is giving me with foods and especially the cost of food.
Welcome aboard!
We can do it!
SugarSpell, wow.....you are a strong Lady...look at all you have been through and are still positive and goal oriented. Good for you and - by the way - very impressive losing 90 lbs.......Yes, you put 40 back but not all 90....that is a great way to get back on the wagon.....you're one step ahead already.
Happy to report another good day here with my eating. I am working hard on drinking more water as I know it is crucial.....
Good night Ladies!