Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #121  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Violet73, that sucks you got the stomach bug! I hope the Laxapro has you feeling better soon

166.4 this morning, .2 up from yesterday. I did work out pretty hard yesterday so my muscles could be retaining a bit of water. I also ate some gluten free sausage that had no nutritional info on it so I guessed the calories and carbs.

Even though my weight is a bit up, I am freeling really good! I feel like my posture is better and I am starting to see some muscle when I flex. I'm really enjoying weight lifting again. Right now I'm less focused on my weight and more on getting my workouts in and looking/feeling good. I know my weight might not accurately reflect my size while lifting either.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #122  
Losing the baby weight

166.8 this morning! I know I'm eating right, so I'm guessing this is water retention due to TOM and weight lifting. It kind of sucks seeing the scale go up each day but I know why it is.

But the thing is, I don't feel fat. I look in the mirror and I feel pretty good about myself. I'm starting to see some muscle in some places. I feel good, and I feel like I look good. So all in all, I don't care what the scale says, I know I'm doing good
Old 02-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 162/149/125

Height: 5'1"

Remember muscle weighs more than fat StephM! You're doing awesome with all the exercise! I'm so bad about that.

Ok so my first weight of the day was 149.7... That was the first time I've seen anything under 150 in over 2 years! So while I was excited to see the number I know by the end of the day I'll be back up to 151-152. Once I start weighing under 150 all day I'll be stoked! Which finger's crossed (if I stay faithful through superbowl) I'll get there by the end of the weekend! Its only 5 more lbs after that to meet my goal!

Last edited by Forevermercy; 02-01-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Forevermercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #124  
Losing the baby weight

Yes, but as a weight lifter I also know it is very hard for a woman or even a man to gain muscle! But I do know that muscles tend to retain water when you start lifting weights again after a break. I was off from working out for two weeks due to my hive incident.

Congrats on your new lowest weight! It's always exciting when that happens
Old 02-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #125  
Losing the baby weight

165.6 this morning! Dropping back down again. Today is my rest day from working out but I feel like doing something for exercise later so I think I'll play some Just Dance with my heart rate monitor on.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #126  

Back to Atkins after a few years off. I'm taking this Valentines Day challenge. I know this WOE well. I've lost 60 lbs at one time years ago. I kept it off for several years, but life intervened. Here I am at my original weight. When I get over feeling ashamed, I'll post it. Feels good to be back among friends again. My DH and I purged the frig today and bought bacon and eggs and some cheese and meats. We have some meats left from some that I had slow cooked last week. We're going to just eat them left over with a fork tonight. We live in a retirement community where we eat one meal with the other 300 and can choose what to eat. We both chose meat and veggies today. I got lots of veggies. Tomorrow, I'll get out my old books and begin a proper menu.
Peace!
FriendlyElder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

I'm down to 181!! I'm sure tomorrow I'll gain some of it (water weight) due to eating junk (planned). But gonna jump back to it Monday!
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #128  
Losing the baby weight

Welcome, FriendlyElder! A lot of us have had slip ups before, so don't feel ashamed. I gained the weight back and more due to a heavy pregnancy and some big life changes and now I'm working my way back down.

Congrats, BrenM!

166.4 this morning, woke up to my period and I am also very sick. My daughter has been sick since Wednesday and it looks like I caught it finally. Not feeling great, had eggs for breakfast but will probably not be very low carb today. I just want soup and toast. This is just a temporary delay, I'll be back at it when I'm better.

I'm sad because I got into a good groove of working out, I even did a bonus workout yesterday night. I want to be able to workout tomorrow.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #129  

Thanks for the welcome Stephanie:

When I got on the scale nekkid this morning I weighed 7 pounds less than I did at the Dr. clothed last week! I'll take that. I weighed 201.1. I used to be 5'9", but am 5'8" now. I haven't been below 200 for more than a year.

Violet: I take a variety of anti-depressants, and understand about the serotonin. I crave carbs. Since it's only been one day, I'm doing okay so far. But, it's early in this day and we have a Super Bowl party to go to this afternoon. Hopefully, I can limit myself to the veggie bowl without the dip.

I've done Atkins on and off for more than ten years. I was on another board where several of us became friends and actually flew to Kansas City (it was in the middle of the Country) and met each other for a weekend. We still correspond.

I look forward to making friends again with all of you! I am retired but still very active. My husband and I are both Pastors. He is still working, but I have a host of medical problems so stick pretty close to home. The worst of it is chronic pain. I am upbeat, though, and few people, looking at me would guess. We live in a college town. Seniors are encouraged to audit classes, and my husband and I are doing that this semester. I take a yoga class, and work with a personal trainer twice a week, lifting weights and working on machines. I work as a chaplain in our health center, and an advisor to our Vice President (along with several others) on health matters for our frail elders. I live in an independent house in a retirement community that spans 30 acres nestled in the foothills of Southern California. We have several blocks of independent houses that belong to us, and in addition a fully staffed assisted living facility and a health center that is a model for communities in Southern California. Our community is reserved for people who have spent their lives in service to others through the church, the Y, or through non-profit work.

So, that is a little bit about me. This is a big decade year for me and I am very cognizant of getting healthier for my birthday which will come near Thanksgiving of 2013. Big family plans are underway to celebrate and I want to look good. (It's 70!)

Peace, Peg
Drink that Water!
FriendlyElder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #130  

Hope everyone is feeling well after the weekend!
I haven't gone over 150 all weekend! Woo! Only 5 more lbs!
Oh this past weekend I went to a health food store and found some amazing products there for low carbers. The more I learn and find the more I feel better about making this a WOE lifestyle.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #131  
Losing the baby weight

FriendlyElder, that sounds like a nice community! I'm sure you will look great for your birthday!

Forevermercy, that's great!

I woke up feeling less sick this morning so I decided to do my workout. I really, really don't want to miss one since I've gotten into a good groove with this new program. I finished my 5th workout of 12 in the first stage. I burnt 541 calories, increased some of my weights, and I did awesome! Now my throat is feeling sore again and my head is congested. Whoops. At least Tuesday is a rest day and I have the rest of today to rest as well.

I weighed in at 167.4 this morning, which is not surprising since I had gluten free pizza yesterday. I wasn't feeling great so I wanted comfort food. I was good on calories, just not on carbs. Plus TOM is in full swing. Back to low carb today and hoping to drop the water tomorrow
Old 02-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #132  
Losing the baby weight

166.6 this morning, looks like I dropped some of the water weight. Feeling sick still, good thing Sloane is going to her child care and my husband is going to see a friend so I can have the house to myself to rest. I want to get better so I can workout tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #133  
Losing the baby weight

I feel like such a loner in this thread sometimes, since I'm the only one who does daily check ins!

165.2 this morning, still going down! Still sick but going to try and workout today.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #134  

Dont feel lonely! I'm here pretty much everyday too! lol. I just dont have too much to report unfortunately. I'm still around the 149 mark now. Hoping I have one more shift to get the few lbs off to meet my goal! I have Jeff Dunham tickets for the weekend after V-day and I wanna impress!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Congrats Steph!! I'm still here too, I just don't have anything (weight wise) to report. My scale is not moving. I'm stuck at 224.5! I can't believe my body is not feeling a difference between eating carbs all day long to eating very limited amounts of good carbs . I know this lifestyle is good for me, so I'll keep going.
PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote