Old 01-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #106  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

164.6 this morning! Yay! I hit my Valentines Day goal! Well, my goal was to see 165 and do 1000 minutes of exercise. Exercise starts again today after two weeks off Might not get the exercise one in the end but I'm really happy about my weight.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 162/149/125

Height: 5'1"

Congrats!

I keep fluctuating between 154 and 152... Let hope 152 sticks cuz today's my official weigh in at the clinic and that would be and even 10 lbs lost!

Not even close to my goal but I'm optimistic!
Forevermercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #108  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Hi Ladies!
Down 10 pounds today am. With being sick and eating forbidden stuff last week....I am happy to be back on track. Nowhere near what I wanted for 25 days.......Actions have consequences and there are also instances - like getting sick - that we cannot control. One day at a time here!
Nice job StephanieM!
Have a good weekend with healthy choices!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-26-2013 at 07:37 PM.
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #109  
Losing the baby weight

Forevermercy, I hope your weight bounces down for your weigh in!

futurehealthyme, those indulgences do set us back but I'm glad you have lost what you have and you are on track

164.4 this morning! .2 down from yesterday, which is really awesome! I started lifting weights again yesterday and my muscles are sore today. Usually I retain water whenever I start lifting again, so this mornings weight was a nice surprise. I've increased my carbs a bit and I eat around 30 a day after fiber.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

Forevermercy: So have you decided this is going to be a WOE you can do for life? Congrats on your weight loss!

Futurehealthyme: Congrats on the 10 pounds, and glad you're feeling better. You're right, being sick on this WOE is hard.

Stephanie: I love looking at your ticker! It's so encouraging! Keep up the great work!

It's now official--I'm down another 2 pounds. 1 more pound and I'll be at my Valentine goal! I still have to explore other food options so that I don't get bored. And I know during induction we're not supposed to have nuts, but I like the sunflower seeds. Time to go change my ticker
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #111  

Kinda, BrenM... at least till I get the bulk of the weight off, I'm all for it. Once i get close to my goal weight I'll start pre-maintnenance and kinda wean into normal life again. I could definitely implement parts of this plan as a lifestyle change but doing lowcarb on the long term probably isn't for me.

Before my pregnancy I was able to lose and maintain successfully on a low calorie diet. So I'm sure it'll be a lil bumpy but I plan on transitioning once with in 5 lbs or so of my goal weight.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #112  
Losing the baby weight

My weight has bounced up these past few days, it was 167 yesterday and 166.8 this morning. Saturday we had dinner at the in laws, I had a nectarine and some chili which I'm sure caused some water weight. I ate better yesterday but still not great, I was in emergency with my daughter because she popped her elbow out.

And today, well today is our wedding anniversary. I'm treating myself to some sushi for lunch I will be low carbing again tomorrow though. Ever since my hive incident I've gotten my TOM and it's been here for over two weeks, but very lightly. My real TOM is supposed to start next week.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #113  
I can and will do this!

Happy anniversary StephanieM!!!
Hope your little one is doing OK.
Don't worry about the couple of extra bites...you'll get right back on it!
Was the lengthy TOM a side effect of your allergy incident?
Hope it all goes back to normal soon.
All the best!
I am doing well, .7 down for a total of 10.7 so far.
Am getting ready to watch the Biggest Loser and walk. I so wished I had some seasons on DVD but they are way too spendy to buy.....
I might not lose all I initially wanted by Feb 14th but will try my hardest to increase my number before then.
Are you ladies done after Feb 14th?
I would still like to check in and chat with you after since I am working on reaching goal by this summer sometimes........
Take care everyone!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-28-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #114  

Looks Like I may have finally broken that stall!!!!
Ok so being my first go round on Atkins I didnt realize what that initial stall was all about, but I get it now and I'm just gonna keep on truckin!
That said I was pleasantly surprised to see I was down a lil over a pound and finally broke that 10 lbs mark I've been dying to do! Yay!

Look like I'm not going to make that V-day goal cuz I'd still have to lose 12 lbs in 2 and a half weeks which highly improbable. So I'm upping my goal 5lbs. If I make that goal I would be exactly where I was when I first got pregnant over 2 years ago. And that would be ok for me!

But I have to say I feel like its getting rougher! I'm craving carbs badly again and going out is complete torture!
I would kill for a plate of rice and beans right now! And lemme not even mention all the Valentine's candies sprawn all over american right now!

Anyone else dealing with the munchies?

Last edited by Forevermercy; 01-29-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Hello,

I know I'm late joining this challenge, but I would like to try anyway. My official weigh in is on Friday, so I'll post my stats then. I don't really have a set goal for Valentine's Day, I'll be happy with any kind of loss.

Congratulations to all of you who have been keeping up with the challenge!
PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #116  
Losing the baby weight

futurehealthyme, I think the TOM is from the steroids I was on for two weeks. I missed one pill of BC and it started the next morning and still hasn't gone away, even though I'm still working through this pack of BC. I finish this pack in a few days though so we'll see what happens.

Forevermercy, just stay away from the chocolate! It's hard, but just don't even look at it.

Welcome, PrettyMom09!

I didn't even weigh this morning, I know it will be bad. I really over did it yesterday. I got news that I got the job I applied for and there was too much indulging and celebrating. That's my own fault though, I set myself back and now I have to work forward again. Low carbing this morning and doing good so far I did manage to get a workout in yesterday and I will be doing another tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 197.2/186.8/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forevermercy View Post
Looks Like I may have finally broken that stall!!!!
Ok so being my first go round on Atkins I didnt realize what that initial stall was all about, but I get it now and I'm just gonna keep on truckin!
That said I was pleasantly surprised to see I was down a lil over a pound and finally broke that 10 lbs mark I've been dying to do! Yay!

Look like I'm not going to make that V-day goal cuz I'd still have to lose 12 lbs in 2 and a half weeks which highly improbable. So I'm upping my goal 5lbs. If I make that goal I would be exactly where I was when I first got pregnant over 2 years ago. And that would be ok for me!

But I have to say I feel like its getting rougher! I'm craving carbs badly again and going out is complete torture!
I would kill for a plate of rice and beans right now! And lemme not even mention all the Valentine's candies sprawn all over american right now!

Anyone else dealing with the munchies?
I am on day 9 of Atkins and my "carb cravings" hit hard around day 2, 3 and 4. But after that I haven't had any cravings for sweets/carbs and believe me I am a carb addict! That's why I like Atkins because it not only helps with my craving BUT also fullfills me in the high fat/protein area to where I don't even desire sweets/carbs and very content with VLC.

On the 21 of January I weighed in at 198, yesterday weigh in was 186.8....So, I will surely stick with Atkins until I reach my goal. I have been reading through the LC forums of people tired of the same foods....but I think people have to change it up to make it interesting, I guess. Good luck to you!
anewbody2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #118  
I can and will do this!

Welcome PrettyMom09and anewbody2013
Congratulations StephanieM on getting the job! YEYYYYYYY!
Nice job, Forevermercy and anewbody2013!
Minus 1 lb here......sticking with it. I hope to have lost a few more before Vday and most importantly to stick with it until June to reach my first major goal.
All the best Ladies!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-29-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #119  
Losing the baby weight

Thanks, futurehealthyme!

Okay, so Sunday morning my weight shot up from dinner at my in laws the night before, Monday it was about the same because of all the running around on Sunday and the hospital visit. Yesterday morning I shot up to 169.6 after my anniversary carb binge! I have to be honest about that, that's 5 lbs over three days!

After eating very clean yesterday, I'm at 166.2 this morning. So obviouslly it was water retention. Hoping it keeps dropping over these next few days to get back to where I was.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #120  

Hey guys, I'm sorry I've been MIA. All of you are doing so good!

I'm back on Lexapro and it's helping already. I caught that stomach bug going around so I was sick for a few days! When it rains it pours huh? LOL! I'm going to give the Lexapro a full two weeks before going back to low carb. I hope it all works out ok. I really like low carb, but have to watch my mood. I know people around me will appreciate that! HA! Keep up the great work!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote