Old 01-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #16  

I want to join!! I just got back to this site as part of my new year resolution! I am starting today at 320 pounds, I hope to lose 20 pounds for Valentines day!
swinegeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #17  

Hey Serenity! Welcome Swin!

I think all of us are going to feel better coming off the sugar high from the holidays :P

I'm going to start my Leslie Sansone Walking DVD so I can start exercising a little now. It's too darn cold outside for me to walk. I need it to be a little warmer. I'm searching for some good LC soups and chili to put in the crockpot. Anyone have any recipes?
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #18  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Be strong, rho!

Serenity, I feel like if I made those things over the holidays I would have still overate on them. There was way too much excess on my part this year.

winegeart, welcome!

First day of induction done, down 1.8 lbs (water weight). I realise I never set a goal, I think I'd like to aim for 165 lbs. It feels good getting to change my ticker already!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #19  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

It is much better today. I know we can do this. Did y'all see that article about eating sugar (Donuts specifically) causes you to crave and then eat more sugar? Duh. We could have told them that.

I decided to do the WiiFit during the winter for fun and just to get off the couch and do something. It weighs you each day and it really makes me laugh because I really stink at everything. lol
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #20  

Oh gosh, day 2 down, and I forgot about this low carb flu thing! I'm so tired!!! How do I get past it?!
swinegeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #21  
Losing the baby weight

swinegeart, I hear pickles can help.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #22  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5"3

I'm in. I picked up 7 pounds over my holiday - I started induction again on the 1st - so will weigh again (officially) on the 14th of Jan.
I think I am over the first few days as I jumped out of bed this morning, 3 hours earlier than what I have been able to do the last few weeks. I go back to work on Wednesday - so will need this energy to get me up and ready at 5am.

We can do this! I'm already thinking about a shirt I want to wear on Valentines day, it doesn't fit properly yet, but I determined to be able to wear it with confidence by then.
Wheresmychin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #23  

Height: 5'9"

Hey guys,

I'm definitely in! My goal is to be able to zip my new red dress up! I bought it during boxing week and would love wear it out on Valentines day. I don't weigh myself because I obsess over the scale, but if I were to guess I'd say I'm about 185, and need to be 170.
SugarSpell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
Be strong, rho!

First day of induction done, down 1.8 lbs (water weight). I realise I never set a goal, I think I'd like to aim for 165 lbs. It feels good getting to change my ticker already!
Changing that ticker is so much fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
It is much better today. I know we can do this. Did y'all see that article about eating sugar (Donuts specifically) causes you to crave and then eat more sugar? Duh. We could have told them that.
:
Yeah, we know how that sugar affects us and makes us ravenous. They should come here for advice on cravings LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheresmychin View Post
I'm in. I picked up 7 pounds over my holiday - I started induction again on the 1st - so will weigh again (officially) on the 14th of Jan.
We can do this! I'm already thinking about a shirt I want to wear on Valentines day, it doesn't fit properly yet, but I determined to be able to wear it with confidence by then.
hey there! Welcome! I love your name. LOL! I know you will get into that shirt before then..just stay on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSpell View Post
Hey guys,

I'm definitely in! My goal is to be able to zip my new red dress up! I bought it during boxing week and would love wear it out on Valentines day. I don't weigh myself because I obsess over the scale, but if I were to guess I'd say I'm about 185, and need to be 170.
Hey there! Welcome! Stay on plan and you will have that red dress zipped even before Valentine's Day

Last edited by Violet73; 01-04-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinegeart View Post
Oh gosh, day 2 down, and I forgot about this low carb flu thing! I'm so tired!!! How do I get past it?!
Stephanie gave you very good advice. Pickles help me through the Atkins flu. You just need more salt cause your body is losing so much at first. Also, you can increase your carbs a bit. Hang in there, it gets better and then you feel better than ever!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #26  
Losing the baby weight

171.2 this morning, .4 down from yesterday. Still feeling kinda gross, ketostick shows I'm fully in ketosis.

I was going to start working out today, since I haven't in two weeks. My daughter is starting daycare part time and started today, and hopefully I'll have a job by February (interview is on Tuesday!). I was hoping to use this free time to workout more and really focus on my fitness.

Day one by myself, and I am just being so lazy! Maybe it's because I haven't had a day by myself in forever. I did get a pot roast going in the slow cooker, and I will at some point fold and put away four loads of laundry, and do the floors and tidy up. But I just don't feel the workout today!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #27  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

Default Back on Atkins!

Hello Everyone,
I am back on Atkins because I've come to realize that it is the only WOE that works for me. Started at 297 mid December, but have not weighed myself since! . All I can report is that I feel great! My V day goal is simply to stay on plan until then and beyond. My birthday and wedding anniversary fall before then and I am up for the challenge! Looking forward to meeting my goal with all of you! Best of luck!
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

I've been doing good eating wise. At least, was until today. Ate a couple bites of my DD's quisadia (sp?), then ate a whole gob full of sweet potato fries. Didn't realize how many carbs were in that. Oh, forgot, drank about 1/2 a can of Monster (full sugared stuff). And I was just thinking to myself how good I was feeling compared to before re-starting Atkins. Helps that my DD's and DH are going gluten free. So we're all supporting each other as much as possible Gonna weigh myself tomorrow and see if the anything has changed. I took a pic of myself in a two piece just so I can shock myself into not giving in.
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 190/181/140

Hello ladies. I am new to this forum, although I've been snooping around for a year, but hardly posted. I am back on Atkins after trying it only for a few weeks at a time. It's always made me feel better but I'm ready to fully commit and stick to it!

My Valentines Day challenge is to lose fifteen pounds by then. Wish me luck.
lash0rty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #30  
Losing the baby weight

Welcome noussa, lash0rty and futurehealthyme!

I'm down 1.2 from yesterday So that's 3.4 lost since I started back on this four days ago. I'm exactly 5 lbs from goal. I'd like to meet goal one of these times so I'm going to stay strong :P

Everytime I went downstairs to work on laundry I stopped by my weight room and did a couple exercises. Monday I should really start doing a proper routine again though. Overall, feeling good!