Old 08-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #106  

Thanks Cie I think I may be doing too many eggs and not enough red meat because I have noticed that when I put hamburger or cubed steak on a bed of lettuce I am satisfied longer than if I put chicken on it or if I eat a piece of quiche or egg salad.

Lindy I haven't really decided on a weigh in day, I've been weighing myself every day, but am still afraid it is a fluke, so I haven't weighed in here or on MFP. I took measurements and weighed in March and then again just after I started Atkins, so that loss I attribute to summertime rather than the current plan.

I'm at Grand Valley State for a bachelors in liberal studies with an emphasis on environmental leadership. I started out at another school with a math major but couldn't get through calculus-2, so I switched to something less demanding to try and get my confidence back. I was a machinist for years and have been out of work for quite awhile, so a change was in order.
sheski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #107  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Cie: that is too funny because I did the exact same thing. When I was calorie counting I was successful but my goodness, it was THE hardest diet I ever did because I always felt deprived, lol. On Atkins I have to force feed myself and pick high calorie foods just to get in enough. That is a good thing though.

Sheski - I start school in January. I was suppose to start today but I had to get a second job because my DBF was laid off months ago and has applied EVERYWHERE with no prevail. Anyway, someone had to bring int he extra money for Christmas so I randomly applied for a bar girl position and was hired on the spot. Anyway, babbling again, haha, I will be going back to school in January to be a sign language interpreter for the government. I have to get my Associates in Science, then certification in sign language. It is also required that I learn a second language so I will be working on that in the mean time so it wont be so hard next year.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheski View Post
Thanks Cie I think I may be doing too many eggs and not enough red meat because I have noticed that when I put hamburger or cubed steak on a bed of lettuce I am satisfied longer than if I put chicken on it or if I eat a piece of quiche or egg salad.

I buy the whole roasted chicken ($5.99 but I've seen it cheaper) for 1 person it should last you 2-3 days. I just keep it in the fridge. Most of my meals are chicken with a salad or veggies. I still drink coffee every morning. It keeps me "regular". I use heavy cream which is a dream come true for me!
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylindy View Post
Cie: that is too funny because I did the exact same thing. When I was calorie counting I was successful but my goodness, it was THE hardest diet I ever did because I always felt deprived, lol. On Atkins I have to force feed myself and pick high calorie foods just to get in enough. That is a good thing though.
Same with me. IT DID WORK, but I was miserable eating all that "fat free" stuff. I felt deprived/hungry ALL THE TIME. I love my salads now, put ranch... full fat ranch. So yummy! Not the fat free version that it's just plain disgusting.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #110  

Lindy that is great, I have wanted to learn sign language since I was a teenager, my best friend's dad was deaf. The programs that I have been in will not allow for me to take language classes (I'm using financial aid, so I do not get to take anything out of program). Considering the happenings in Washington recently with a police department not having an interpreter, you should find yourself in high demand when you are finished.
sheski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #111  

Good morning chickadees!

Did good yesterday. I am keeping track of my calories to make sure I am getting ENOUGH in and boy oh boy did I get enough in yesterday....over 2000! I know its not part of the Atkins diet but due to the fact I was in starvation mode my 2nd and 3rd week, I have to keep an eye on it. I refuse to hop on the scale until Saturday, normally I cheat and hop on Wednesday's but due to my slip up, I dont want to upset myself. I may even wait 2 weeks so I can see a big "whoosh" and be excited about this diet again, lol. Oh the mind games we play when changing our eating plan, haha.

I got my P90x yesterday, so I will try to do 3 days this week, that is my goal. I have a ridiculously busy week but I want to make time to do it. Yesterday I was so flippin lazy when I got home from work.

So, anyone interseted in an accountability goal each week? ie: I will exercise at least 3 times a week this week. Or someone else will not go over 20g of carbs a day?

My menu for today:

2 fried eggs with 3 sausage links
4 devil egg (halfs)
5 chicken wings
Not sure about dinner???
Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #112  

Oh well... I messed up. Ate too many carbs in the form of tomatoes... AGAIN.

Two days ago I made sweet oopsie rolls with a little bit of chocolate chips, I swear that messed me up because cravings have been crazy since then. It really sucks because tomorrow is my 2 weeks mark and I know I messed up my numbers.

Oh well. I need more induction and this time I will stick to thd SF Jello. No more trying to make sweet things, it obviously kicks up my cravings.

Lindy: I have Insanity. Did it for a week but home videos are not for me. I like the gym. Insanity is awesome, It killed me while I was doing it and you will see results if you stick to the program... Hope it works for you!

I want to join in for the accountability thing. I want to work out at least 3xweek + stay under my 20g of carbs for 2 more weeks. No slips ups this time.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #113  

Cie - it happens. I realized after going off this weekend, that it SO was not worth it after. I felt like I was having a "hangover" for the last 2 days. This is the first day that I actually had pep in my step. I also notice when I stay away from even artificial sweetners....I do not crave sweets at all. THe first 3 or 4 days isnt easy but everything there after....is.

I like your accountability! Good for you!

I will probably be out of touch after the 2pm hour. I have orientation for my second job from 3 to 10 tonight. Its gonna be a long one.

On that note....here is my menu.

2 fried eggs in butter, 4 slices of bacon
4 devil eggs (half)
6 chicken wings

Lastly....oh where, oh where, oh where is TIFF????
Old 08-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #114  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
I'm thinking since she's in Louisiana, she hasn't been around due to the Hurricane.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #115  

Jersey -I never paid attention to that, thanks for pointing that out! :-)
Old 08-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #116  

Ok girls! Today is my 2 week mark and the results are in! Officially, I lost 8 lbs ... Unofficially, I lost 10-11lbs since the scale did reach 162/3 a few times but I blamed it on "being bloated" (don't we all!!)

I am extremelly happy and will stay in indution for two more weeks and then move to OWL.

I admit that I wanted to see 149 so bad, but considering that I didn't follow the program to the "T" and that:
- Ate full fat cheese
- Ate butter
- Had Mayo -EVERYDAY
- Full fat sourcream... yummm
- Full fat ranch
- And last but no least I had Heavy Cream with my coffee everyday!

...You get my point

Not only the scale was generous but the benefits of this program are amazing. More energy, no being bloated... it's just perfect. I did not have "bathroom" issues (if you know what I mean), just during the 2nd and 3rd day and then it got back to normal.

Last edited by CIELOARGE; 08-29-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #117  

Quote:
Cie - it happens. I realized after going off this weekend, that it SO was not worth it after. I felt like I was having a "hangover" for the last 2 days. This is the first day that I actually had pep in my step. I also notice when I stay away from even artificial sweetners....I do not crave sweets at all. THe first 3 or 4 days isnt easy but everything there after....is.

Lindy, I totally get you. I didn't have the "hungover" effect but I am a little bloated today and just plain dissapointed that after I wrote that message last night, stayed up late with my husband and had some PB

I hope Tiff is doing Ok and staying safe! We have family in Baton Rouge but they are doing Ok
Old 08-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #118  

Cie - CONGRATS! That is AWESOME!!!! So are you going to wait 2 more weeks to weigh in?

What are the weekend plans? I have to work the second job! Ugh...so sleepy today from a double yesterday. I am really afraid of minimal sleep with my weight loss schedule. I have always been that person who needs AT LEAST 8 hours of sleep, to be cut back to 5 or 6...no bueno. :-( Oh well, only time will tell.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #119  

Sorry you have to work so hard Lindy! Hopefully your BF will find something soon.

I am planning on hitting the scale only once a week, I will make it my official day Fri so I will not weight till next Friday.

I actually moved to OWL today because Almonds make a great snack. I will add berries maybe in two weeks. Also, I am dying to use some almond meal; my brother made some zucchini almond bread and it was just delicious!
It is hard to be on "the go" with Atkins induction... We went to Ikea today to buy some things and I ended up eating the beef hot dogs (minus the bun)...
Old 09-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #120  

Height: 5'3"

Can I join you ladies (and any gents if there are some here)?

Last edited by canadianwoman; 09-08-2012 at 04:27 PM.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote