Old 09-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

So unless I have a super whoosh I won't make the challenge - but I lost something at least How is everyone else doing? Are we going to do a Halloween Challenge?

So Monday morning is our final day - how did you all do - exercise, weigh in, whatever your goal for this challenge was.
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #227  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by rho1640 View Post
So unless I have a super whoosh I won't make the challenge - but I lost something at least How is everyone else doing? Are we going to do a Halloween Challenge?

So Monday morning is our final day - how did you all do - exercise, weigh in, whatever your goal for this challenge was.
Hi Rho, thank you for being such a wonderful facilitator on this challenge. I will not make my goal on this challenge either. As a matter of fact I gained three pounds. I am not making excuses I know why. I did not stick OP 100% and made too many excuses. But I consider having some NSV because in the past, I would go totally off OP and choose completely wrong for your health things to eat. Now I have been more aware of what I am putting in my mouth. For example, I would never order a pina colada when drinking, I stick to a low carb option. I also found it difficult not having structure in the day, since I am a teacher it was easy for me to eat my meals on schedule and not have any room to mindless snacking. I could have overcome that easily if I simply planned out my meals ahead of time and stuck to that. That is something I have to work on in the future.

So Yes, we need a Halloween challenge! And I am going to cut out all alcohol starting today, plus strict planning and accountability. By October 31st I plan to lose 8 lbs, minimum!

Last edited by Serenity100; 09-03-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 180/166/140

Height: 5'7"

I didn't really make my challenge - I haven't been to the gym for 3 weeks but I did lose 9 lbs. I will recommit myself to lifting 3x per week in the Halloween challenge.
ultrapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #229  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

I was at 242 but because of being off plan due to the hurricane I am around 248. I did not hit goal but I did get super clise before I put on this water weight. I hope everyone had success. Eta:I that makes me 12happy lbs down but 8 short of goal

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 09-04-2012 at 12:03 AM.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #230  

Well I didn't make it either but I did lose so I still won ... Now I have to recommit for the Halloween Challenge -- I've been throwing an eating temper tantrum because I can't get anyone to come hook up my stove and hood - heck I cant get anyone to return a call. So I fell back on bad habits and ate bread and cookies.

So now to figure what to make my goal -- I think it may be to stay on plan totally for the challenge and to exercise each day . And lose 10 lbs ....

Onward and downward....

and we are still here so we are all successes ...
Old 09-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

I'd like to do a Halloween challenge too. This one has been a disaster for me results wise but I've sure learned a lot! Like Rho says, we're here and thats what matters
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #232  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Good afternoon chickadee:

I did not meet my challenge goal of 15 pounds, but I am down 10 in one month so I'm good with that. On that note....

I weighed in this weekend and STILL no loss. I'm abandoning Atkins. I mean seriously...6 weeks on this program and the only loss I had was 10 pounds...on my first week! It is ridiculous. I dont overeat, I dont undereat, and my grams of carbs do not exceed 20 - AT MOST, there is no reason for it. I am going to start calorie counting again. This is what I did when I lost that 50 pounds (and kept it off for 3 years). Let's see how this goes. :-(

I love this group so I'm gonna stay in for the Halloween challenge. I am also going to set an aggressive goal for myself of 16 pounds. When I calorie counted last time, I lost 20 in my first month, so hopefully 16 in two is doable. I also started P90x. I did the program once before for the 90 days and had AMAZING results. Working 2 jobs I dont think I can be as strict, but I can commit to 3 days minimum.

Rho - good job on keeping the thread alive, especially on Labor day. :-)

Serenity - everything in moderation. You can do it.

Tiff - glad to see you back. Hope you or your family was not impacted too harshly by the Hurricane.

Ana *high five*, learning is the way.

Ok, girls....so what goals is everyone setting for themselves for Halloween? As I said...Im shooting for 16.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #233  

we have a Halloween challenge set up - thanks DaveMatthewsBand

everyone jump on over there too with your goals for this new challenge ---

Lindy - maybe try setting a calorie range and a carb range - but not too low a calorie range -- -- you've been thru lots of stress and with the new job and all that can be effecting your losses too -- I'm glad you will be staying with us no matter what you are doing.

AnaBee -- you're still here and like you said we learned -

so off we go! We can do it!!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #234  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Ill head over to the Halloween challenge and leave this thread. See you girls there!
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote