Old 05-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #31  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Welcome SDN!

Ana, I always have 3 eggs with butter for breakfast, but sometimes on the weekend we do sausage or bacon as well. Lunch is usually a salad with tomato, cucumber, cheese and maybe some meat and pickles. If I need a snack I usually have pepperoni and maybe some cheese. Dinner is usually a meat with a veggie side. Sometimes I cut a green pepper into four peices and fill it with tuna and mayo.

I'm pretty basic in my meals but I like them and they work with me.

Today I'm at 176.2, TOM still kinda here. I had steak last night and I find when I have something heavy like that I usually have a jump. I also had two big salads yesterday, haven't tallied the carbs yet but have it all written down. I might have gone over or it might just be a little bloat. Still troopin' along
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 174/156/135

Height: 5'2"

So w/i this morning I did have a slight bump up but I feel comfortable enough to say that I have dropped some this week and today was down to 145.6. I really need to stop weighing so much! Honestly, I probably do about 3-4 a day! The only one I really go by though is the first thing in the morning w/i. Anyway, so my first two weeks on atkins and I was down 6lbs. It wasn't quite what I was hoping for but it will do. When I first started my goal was to be down 12lbs in my first month so I have quite a bit of work to get there, thats 6 more lbs over the next two weeks.

So here is how I came up with the goal (sad I know!)...

I have to see a girl that one year ago when I weighed about 140 I saw for the first time in a year, I was talking to someone else about how I had gained a little weight and I was mad at myself...at that point I had really only gained 6-8 lbs. So the other girl (the one I have to see in two weeks) said "I wasn't going to say anything but what happened???" In a real snotty voice. It really freaked me out! And now knowing I have to see her again I really cant stand the idea of being any higher! I know I shouldn't let things like that effect me so much but it did. She is one of those naturally skinny people too that doesn't understand what that does to someone that has had weight struggles! So that is my short term motivation but in truth I do want to do it for me!

So today starting off well, I already did my workout, not a crazy one but 25 min aerobics and 5 minutes of strength. Wanted to get it in early since I work 2-10 tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day today, make the most out of it!
gapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Steph, thanks, that helps. I think I overthink meals too much and stress myself out. I can eat the same thing all the time if it's carby, I'd make my life easier if I stuck to simple with low carb too. I feel like I have to be super adventurous with veges all the time and I'm so tired after work, I really can't be arsed

peach, ugh, how rude. Maybe if she was someone who struggled with her weight she could take that as an 'in' to start talking specifics (like you can with us!) but not from some skinny girl who has no idea how that makes you feel.

I saw the doc yesterday and she's given me more meds, including an apricot cough syrup that is diisssssgusting, seriously, whoever thought it would be a good flavour should be made to swim in a vat of it. I slept much better last night though. Plus I'm on another asthma puffer. Since I've been coughing for ages they are properly testing me for whooping cough and for atypical pneumonia too (must google that one). But hopefully it's just my tendency to hold on to a cough. I really want to stop having these cough syrups and lozenges, they are so sweet tasting, even the artificially sweetened ones.

sizz, hope things with your mum are better.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

Gina: I'm very sorry about your mother's health. She's relatively young so I'll bet she has lots of fight in her! You're wonderful for being there for her, and that's far more important than eating on plan. But way to go for thinking of healthier alternatives!

Gapeach: Sometimes it's those "naturally skinny" women who effortlessly maintain their weight that end up gaining some when they're older.

I bought a scale today, and I'm weighing in tomorrow. I'm very nervous. For the 1st two weeks, while on induction, I lost nothing. It's been another 2 weeks since I've weighed myself.
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #35  
1 lb at a time!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the welcome, everybody

Good luck Ramra! - do your clothes feel different even though you didn't see any change in the 1st 2 wks?

Peach, kharma is a bee... she'll get what's coming to her. Don't even worry about what she thinks, life is too short to allow yourself to be affected by the drama of people who really don't matter!

Day 2 down and no trouble really... I may have had a little too much jicama tonight though.. I need to buy a food scale.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!
Slimmer Down Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:33 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 180/166/140

Height: 5'7"

May I join the challenge? I'd like to lose 9lbs and be in the 150s by July 4th.

I'm envious of you guys with exercise routines. I'm a stay-at-home mom with a one year old, and I just don't know how to fit it into my day.
ultrapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Hey ultrapeaches! Is there anywhere you can walk in your neighbourhood? I don't have kids but that seems to be what everyone in my neighbourhood does, I can't go out without bumping into some fit mum pushing a baby/toddler up the hill (and it's all hills, boo)
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #38  

Thanks Slimmer! As it turns out I lost 5 lbs, and my clothes do fit a little better! I can can comfortably wear my jeans again.

I was weighed at the hospital today, so I'm pleased to know that my new scale is dead on. Because progress is slow for me, I'm going to wait until the 16th to weight again. As of right now I'm 155, and my goal is to be 150!

I don't really have an "exercise" routine, personally. I don't have a car and I'd rather not rely on cabs/busses, so I walk everywhere. Today I got 45 minutes in. On an average day, an hour+.

Ultrapeaches, you should see if there are any 'moms' exerise groups in your city! There are surprisingly a lot of exercises that can be incorporated with a stroller. Plus it would be nice to mingle with other moms that have similar goals.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #39  
Losing the baby weight

gapeach, what a b*tch! I bet no one likes her with that attitude. I get how that would make you self concious though. I'm guilty of feeling self concious at times as well.

ultrapeaches, I'm a stay at home mom with a 5 month old! I am still trying to figure out how to fit exercise in as well. I'll be going back to work in January when my year of mat leave ends. So far for exercise I take a walk with the stroller when it's nice out. I thought of doing 30 day shred but she cut a tooth on Wednesday and is cutting her second today and it's way too much. I had to cuddle her all day while she cried, not taking it well.

So as for my weird pound and a half jump yesterday, today I'm down half a pound so I'm guessing it's just after TOM bloat that I seem to get from my BC. Today I'm at 175.8. Want to see 174 again, it was so nice!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 174/156/135

Height: 5'2"

Its been a good day, tom FINALLY appeared so now I don't have to wonder about water bloat and how it is affecting my weight, will see tomorrow if I get a nice drop!(sometimes it takes 2-3 days to see) I did a few measurements just to kind of see how things were going and it looks like most are down anywhere from 1/4 of an inch to a half so that made me feel good. I will do my official weekly measuring on Sunday so I will post what I find out then...last week I had no losses!

I am feeling really positive today and I really feel like this group can make our goals together, lets all stay focused and finally do this thing!

Steph and Ultra, don't feel like you have to get all your exercise in at once. I read an article one time that studied people that tended to be thinner and one common habit they had was that they fidget. I try to keep that in mind and just try to do small little things all day long....like if I am waiting for the microwave I might do toe raises or something simple for 30 seconds.

Ramra- Awesome loss! I know what you mean about being glad to know your scale is accurate. I really need to get an official weigh in so I know about mine, the last time I checked a little over a year ago mine was 1.4 heavy so I am still subtracting that amount.
gapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:50 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

gapeach Im a scale addict myself but what has helped me to stop weighing so much was when I took my measurements and got into a pair of skinny jeans and they were literally hanging off me.. so I now know that the number on the scale shouldn't be the only measurement of my success.. by the way that female sounds terrible and I never understood why people try and make other people feel bad so they can feel good..

Ramra congrats on the weight loss.. you are closing in on your goal..have you thought about your maintenance.. I'm switching over the the GI Diet and this is why I choose to lose 5 pounds more to accomdate for the change in diet..

Step it is TOM, that happens to me like that as well, probably in the next day or 2 the scale will go down like 3 pounds..

welcome ultra and slimmer this forum is great and so supportive.. It definitely has helped me in my weight loss journey

Last edited by globetrotter74; 06-02-2012 at 06:51 AM.
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #42  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Happy Saturday Peeps!
Hi to all the new friendly faces!
I have another wedding today, this time it is out of town, so not only do I have the wedding tonight, but the brunch tomorrow morning. But I know I can handle it. Gotta get ready, so no time for my usual novels. . . .

Down another 1 lb., and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to pull it off. I ate way too many almonds the other day. I sort of reverted to past behaviors due to stress of things out of my control. After all these years I finally know why I have binge eating. . .duh! The good news is that I was able to apply the brakes, and I know never to eat almonds again. There is nothing "good" to binge on in the house, so for now, I'm safe.

I read a great article about Bob Harper's new book, which to me seems like a rip-off of Dr. A, in Costco Magazine. Will post more when I get back Sun evening.

ttfn xxoo
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #43  
1 lb at a time!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy weekend everyone! I hope you're all doing well!
I went to happy hour last night, and though I know we're not supposed to have alcohol, I did indulge in a few drinks... but they were no carb! vodka and unsweet iced tea. Everyone ordered fries, chips, etc... I had crabdip with celery... I think I did pretty good I'm down on the scale so I dont think I caused much harm.. need to see if I'm still in ketosis though...

I weighed this morning (though I REALLY want to only weigh once a week), and I'm down 6lbs after 3 days! .. Don't want to jinx it.. I should have waited til my 1 wk mark because I may not lose anymore because this is all surely water weight... but ****, I'm happy!
Slimmer Down Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #44  
Losing the baby weight

A new low today! 174.4! Whoohoo!

This has definitely put me in a good mood Next weekend my husband and I are going to pick up a few clothes for summer, and he needs some work boots. I'm starting to feel good in my skin again, even though I'm still 28 lbs from the lowest weight I've ever been. That's when I felt my best.

Not cheating is paying off, I've learned I can't take a day/week off without setting myself back for a week or even weeks. I was able to have a bite of an ice cream sandwhich (just one bite!) and stilll keep up my losses. Definitely not making this a regular thing but nice to know I can stop when I need to.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #45  

Gapeach:
Lol, it's funny how we can now LOOK FORWARD to seeing our time of month. I developed a distrust of scales ever since I went to the doctors one time and discovered I was 10 lbs HEAVIER than I thought I was. That, along with discovering my hamster had died that morning, triggered a major binge.

Globetrotter: Once I hit goal I'm going to lower it another 10-15 lbs, so I've still got a ways to go. I'm just reading about the GI diet now and it sounds like something I might try down the road.

Slimmerdown: You're managing to make great choices, even at the bar! It's definitely reflecting on the scale. If it were me I'd have eaten everything in sight (Ramra+alcohol=MASS FOOD CONSUMPTION).

Congrats on your new low, Stephanie!