Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chit Chat #204.

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chit Chat #204.

Marti
07-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies. :wave:

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement:high: on our weight loss struggles,:wl: and we also find time for some chitchatting!:gossip: So please, won't you join us ?

joan fay
07-22-2006, 03:12 PM
:flow1: Hello Everyone. Please allow a few time to catch up and get acquainted with everyone. This is a great place to be. I do enjoy some of the other threads also. Thank you for all your kind words. It's going to take some time to adjust. My mother passed away in April and both my sister and I have intregrated a lot of her things in our homes. Of course, when I look at some items it makes me feel sad. That too shall pass I know.

Marti - good for you adjusting to your new hours.

Jules - The pictures were very special - I enjoyed looking at them What a blessing that everyone behaved. It seems - weddings, funerals, baby showers or whatever - bring out the worst in some people. Some people have their own ideas of how things should go. Dear me - Hope you solve your car problem. I wish we weren't so dependent on our cars.

Jane - I'm about 2-1/2 hours from Palm Springs. - Just got word the temperature is about 120 degrees in the desert. Ugh Hope there isn't too much humidity.

Once again I don't mean to neglect anyone - I'll get in the swing of things.
joan fay

da fat n da furious
07-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Jules, what great photos those were. Shows a man who was pretty active.
So angels got you home that night? With only one cylinder working...makes me shudder thinking 2 women stuck out on the road late at night.

Jane...thank you for the heads up....I printed your post off and will hand it over to Monte,,,,the house we rented has a discount tickets thing also. Im guessing being a resident of Florida she can get a good deal. Im pretty excited to be going...and its going to be HOT!

Robin,,,Im thinking anything that blocks out light would help with a migraine. Over here you have to have something written up on why you have tinted windows. (for the sides and front) When I owned my other vehicle,,,and was working more PI stuff I had limo tinted windows.

Shel...you said pirates was good right? I think we are going to go see that tonight,,,cause again I was too tired to go any where last night...And I hate leaving Monte out of things,,,and he loved the first Pirates so much he bought it. He said that if he finds time hes going to get a big tattto on his chest of a pirate ship....lol

Marti,,,I know of alot of people who do those 4 days cruise ship holidays,,,I would be 4 days? Thats not enough time. But I guess if you are short on time,,,have a long long weekend...that wouldn't be too bad.

Well Ive already cleaned the yard...need to water it but will wait till tonight no point,,,just evaporate. Going to run over to Safeway and get some fruits and veggies.
Clean the house...arghhh
later all

Sassy_Chick
07-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Hey everybody! :wave:

Really, really quickly here.........

Thanks so much for ALL your lovely suggestions! Makes me feel better because I was at a loss of what to eat! I thought Salads and grilled chicken was about it for me! lmaooooooo. So you all gave me lots of great ideas! :D

Angelia - Yes we thought Pirates was pretty good! Not as good as the 1st, but I thought still pretty good. Hope you enjoy it! ;)

Jules - Glad everybody behaved themselves!

TTYL! Gotta run!

da fat n da furious
07-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Shel, I had heard that it wasn't as good as the first but we are still going.

I went grocery shopping...bought 95% healthy,,,but got something from the bakery. #$% grrr...should not of gone near that area.

Bought some sushi...yummers. And stopped at Starbucks and bought a Tangerine/tazo tea frap.

Its super hot here today...and Im just waiting to talk to someone about DWD tickets,,,thank goodness for speaker phones. Their hold music is pretty good,,,upbeat spanish music...lol Tanner and I were dancing around the kitchen earlier...Monte thinks we are touched...lol

Forgot to mention,,,Brandon was able to get my tickets to see Black Eyed Peas with Rhania and Swollen Members. ITs in Oct. So excited.

Marti
07-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Poppin' in quickly here! The temps got up to 103 today! :yikes: WAAAAAYYYY too hot! And the humidity is awful.

There is a car cruise going on today, James & I walked to the park to look at the car show first (before the cruise) and it was just miserable out. There is a comfort level of heat and 103 isn't it.

It's about 97 right now, so we decided that we're going to stay home in our 75 degree house!:D

Joan--Take your time getting to know everyone. We don't expect you get it all in one visit. :)

Angie--I think I would prefer the longer cruises if we went on one. We did see a cruise ship in SF while we were there. Had no idea how HUGE they were. We were talking about taking a cruise on our 10yr anniversary. 2yrs to go if it's our 10yrs together or 8yrs if it's our wedding anniversary. :D (haven't decided which yet!)

Shel--There is so much variety in eating healthy. It's making it taste good that I have to learn to acheive most times. Keep us updated on how you do.

Ok...I need to get off here and just go melt.

Hugs to all and hope you're all staying cool!

Marti
07-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Good Morning everyone......

Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday. The heat has started to rise already. It was 90 degrees at 8:00. Not sure what I'm going to do today. I wanted to mow the lawn but it's just too hot. Maybe do it in spurts???

Ok......I'm getting off of here. Hope you all have a great day!

:hug:

Jane
07-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Hi ladies,

Julie - wow, Angie's right - an angel must have been watching over you and your DD to get you home safely. Thank you so much for sharing the pix! Your kids are too cute!

Marti - oh, I didn't realize Jhanai got to spend more time with you like that. How cool! Before you know it, she'll be driving herself back and forth. Yay for you, stocking up on healthy foods.

Joan Fay - it's ok to take your time getting to know us. :yes: I agree there are lots of nice places to visit here at 3FCs. Just about anything you need to know about, healthwise, can be found somewhere on these boards.

Angie - be sure and take advantage of the free fastpasses at WDW. Do you want the maps? Wtg on snagging the concert tickets! Hey, your slip at the bakery is mild compared to what you could've done, right? Look at it that way, and it doesn't seem too bad.

A big hello to everyone else! :wave:

The weather today was just as nice as yesterday. I've been outside a lot, watching the kids play, and doing some playing myself. :D The whole weekend has just been so relaxing!

Question - this is the first time I've had shower doors that's on a track. Does anybody know how to clean the track easily???? It's driving me crazy!

I've been doing pretty well, still, with the food. I had a donut after church, but counted the calories for it. We have all kinds of fresh fruits and veggies out here, which helps the grocery bill, and tastes so good! Between you guys and the meetings at my church, maybe there's hope for me, yet.

Toodles,

IMAQT
07-23-2006, 11:32 PM
I am so stressing out over this what is an avatar, how do I reply, how do I get to chat. I am on an old pc windows 98 and I am old too:?:

IMAQT
07-23-2006, 11:35 PM
If anybody out there hears me and are responding to me I can't find it. More will be revealed

Katiecat
07-23-2006, 11:50 PM
QT...hi! Don't stress, this is fun and there is a lot of support here :) Don't worry about being too old -- there is a pretty wide range of ages here! And Windows98 isn't that old, either, I bet a lot of people here use it, too.

But this isn't live chat, it's a bulletin board, so you won't get immediate responses (I just happened to log on and see your last two posts). If you look at the times people posted, you will see that people write something, post, then come back later to read what others have written :)

You already figured out how to reply, just by clicking on "post reply" at the bottom of the page.

You asked about what an avatar is -- that's just the name of the pic next to your name on the left. Some people put a pic of themselves, or their kids, or just a neat pic they like (I picked a smiley kitty just 'cause it's silly and cute).

Try posting on our "bio" thread to tell us a little bit about yourself. This "chitchat" thread is where we do most of our posting, but there are a few other threads going as well.

Looking forward to getting to know you,
Mary Kate

Marti
07-24-2006, 01:47 AM
It's pass 9:30 and I'm sweating my behing off!! The temps say 92. That's just too much!! :dizzy:

Jane--We have a shower on tracks, but I don't know of an easy way to clean them. They're just a pain no matter what.

IMAQT--I believe Katie said it all! If you would like a photo in your advatar, you need to go to your UserCP and edit it there. The more you play around the site, the more you'll get a hang of it. And also, welcome and really do hope to hear more from you!

Katie--How are you doing?! Sure missed hearing from you. I hope your arms have eased up a little w/the pain. Just know we're always thinking of you! Post more when you're feeling up to it.

Today was another hot day as I have mentioned. I spent 20mins mowing my back lawn though this afternoon. Don't ask me what I was thinking, I just knew that the weeds were driving me crazy and seeing our dogs walk around them like a maze......was a bit comical. I will mow the other parts of the lawn in the mornings when it's still semi cool out.

Ate a not so healthy lunch today. James wanted to take me out for lunch so we ate at a chinese place. Was good food. Didn't eat everything and I think I drank a pitcher of water all too myself!
Dinner was a better story. I ate a salad, some chicken breast and a little rice. Made sure my plate was full of salad more than the rest. The rest I put away for lunch for work. So I got my veggies, my protein and some carbs. And water- water- water!!!!!

Ok....getting hot sitting here at the computer so I'm gonna go.

Hello and goodnight to everyone!

Sassy_Chick
07-24-2006, 06:52 AM
Good Morning All! :coffee:

Finally my work week is done........so glad. :D

I will admit I didn't to too well. I started out great, eating salads and grilled chicken, ended the "week" horribly. Today was the worst. But I think I do have a good excuse, if there are any. lol. Today, well I should say Sunday was the anniversary of my step father's death. I was just fine until I called my mom and heard how sad she was and then hub kinda aggrivated me and that got me to crying. :cry: So lets just say that I'm really glad I'm off now.

I have healthy things here to eat. Maybe not the greatest, but as I see it, 100% better than eating fast food! ;) Work is just tough for me. Esp. with my shift and I work 10 hr. shifts so that makes for a long shift too and dragging enough food into work for the night is complete cauious (SP??). Especially now that they are cracking down on so many things at work. I tell you its like a prision! NO internet usuage unless its for work, so I have read a 300 or some page book in 2 days. Its SOOOOOOOoo boring otherwise. I think its complete crap how they are treating us. (not just nights either, its everybody they are "cracking down" on, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd shifts)

I can understand that they want the work to be done and all, but they have to understand that Nights are completely different. I would love to see the supervisors and ops managers sitting there ALL night long staring at the computer screen and just waiting for the flipping phone to ring. Yeah like Sunday nights, they are pretty busy, but not all nights are and even not all Sundays, its hit or miss at night time.

I think as long as your work is being completed on time and the phones are getting answered, what is the big deal about checking out the news or something? (I don't even go to the news sites anymore).

It makes work very boring and very long.

Anyways enough of my blabbering. lol.

I hope you all have a Great day and an awesome week! ;)

Cafe Ole
07-24-2006, 09:00 AM
Morning All!

Sorry this is a quickie -- someone overloaded my desk over the weekend! :tantrum:

I know they did it because I am taking off on Friday but still.

Yea today I will go to the Sec. of State & get the form(s) so I can get that legal just in case they decide to pull me over out of habit now LOL

Have a fabulous day to all - I will check back in when I can

da fat n da furious
07-24-2006, 09:43 AM
hey all,
just a quick hello,,,off to work. Shel I enjoyed Pirates...not as much as the first but this was good too.

ttfn

Katiecat
07-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Hi ladies :wave: I've missed you all...

I tried looking back for the last time I posted and can't find it, so hope I don't repeat myself. I saw my dr on 7/5 and my arm still hasn't healed enough to work with no additional breaks or reduced time; my work said they have a 90 day limit for light duty after surgery, so now I'm home again on worker's comp. It's very frustrating :tantrum: I see the dr again 8/4 I think and we'll see what she says then. My arm is still very sore, and my hand is weak and clumsy. I need more physical therapy; I must be crazy, but I'm considering asking for another EMG test to see if there is any improvement at all since the surgery. The EMG test was horrible (they run electric current through your arm), but at least it shows what's going on in the path of the nerve.

Anyway...

My computer was down for a little while because it had picked up a couple of Trojans. We went and got the newest McAfee virus scan, but it couldn't get rid of them entirely, so Hubby the Technogeek had to nuke and pave, and reinstall Windows. The virus wiped out my bookmarks, so it's taking some time to reconstruct those.

We're having a heat storm here. It's been 105 and higher for several days; yesterday was 111. :faint: Unusually high humidity, and it won't cool off at night. Normally, by 9 or 10 it's cooled down enough to open the windows and get a breeze, but for several days we've had to keep the house shut with the AC on all night. Even set at 80, it's running almost constantly; our next bill is going to be horrendous. We're supposed to get a break in a couple of days and be down to the mid to high 90's.

Loved Pirates, but I hate cliffhanger endings...can't wait for the next one!

Shel, we can bump up the recipe thread if you are looking for ideas. Also, the WW thread on this site has TONS of recipes.

Love you guys, but gotta stop typing for now -- sorry for no individuals...

Marti
07-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Good Morning Ladies :wave:

Well I started the challenge thread. Hope it's something that'll work out for some of us that are in a rut. Kind of a kick start to getting better and healthier!

I will pop back in after work to do individuals. Right now, I need to get my body moving and get ready for work.

Hugs to you all!:hug:

Jane
07-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Good afternoon, ladies,:wave:

Katie - when you want to see where, when and what you posted, just click on your own name above your avatar, and when the menu comes down, click on "Find more posts by...". I've had to use it to see where all I've commented, to check for responses, lol. Aww, I'm sorry you're still hurting. :hug: Aug. 4 is next week, so make sure you let us know what he says, ok?

Marti - wow, you got some good exercise mowing. And your dinner was sure healthy. Seems like you're on the right road, chicka. Don't forget your vitamin, ok?

Sassy - I know lots of companies are stopping employee internet use at work. A nurse where my sister works just got canned for being in a chat room on company time. Will they let you on at break time? About the food - this is a new week, so time for a new beginning, right? How about joining our challenge for accountability?

Hi to Robin and Angie and everyone else reading this.

Today is going great. I got my housework and some paperwork done before I got online. This afternoon, I'm headed to Penney's for a refund on some shoes I don't like. Who knows what I'll come home with instead, lol.

Not much else going on. Have a good day. :)

Jane
07-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Want to share this with you guys. A sheriff's deputy stopped by to ask directions (shouldn't he KNOW the county roads??) and since he was a K9 unit, he had a dog in the car. Anywya, Chloe was chacing the car and he hit Chloe . and by the time we got her to the vet, she was in shock, and had too many internal injuries anyway. So he put her down. :( :( :( :( :(

Chloe was Neal's baby, and he cried. :( :( :( Of course, I'm a mess. I know she's just a dog, but she's one of the family.

When the DGDs wake from their nap, and Mary tells them about it, there will be many more tears. :( :( :(

Katiecat
07-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Jane -- I'm so sorry to hear about Chloe! Oh hon, that's just awful. It's so sad to lose a pet. Big hugs to Neal and the DGD's, this must be so hard for all of them. Hugs to you, too.

suetalks
07-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Jane, My hugs to you and your family also. Hate to hear of a pet being hit by a car.

Sassy_Chick
07-25-2006, 12:35 AM
Jane super big :hug: So sorry to hear about Chloe.............

Well we rearranged our bedroom. I've been wanting to do it for a while now, but hub never wanted too and I wasn't able to do it all by myself due to my back. So today he totally completely shocked me and said, "I wanna rearrange the bedroom" So we did.

Now I have to clean the bathroom............Yippee.........I don't mind it except for when I have to get on my knees to clean the tub and the bottom of the toilet and around. I want to buy one of those tub scrubby things but have not yet. Anybody here have one? If so which one and do you like it?

I did buy one of those scrubbing bubbles Automatic Shower cleaners, which helps in between cleanings. Even hub likes to push the button. lol.

Well off to clean, wish me luck! lol.

da fat n da furious
07-25-2006, 12:58 AM
Aw Jane I am so sorry to hear about Cloe, please give Neal a hug. Sad to lose a dog....

da fat n da furious
07-25-2006, 01:06 AM
Hello everyone,
Im just waiting for all my scanning to be done...takes forever to email out,,,must be really big. Ive scanned the drafts for the house rental in Florida. We have the air fare done,,,so now we are waiting to get our DWD tickets.

Katie,,,you know your limitations and if you can handle that test again,,,then go for it. Peace of mind of where exactly your arm really is can go a long way to recover. Ive been reading the msn news,,,4 people have so far died this past while of the heat. How scary.

Shel,,,its always nice for a change. And I hate cleaning around the toilet too,,,with 3 guys in the house its no fun. I think thats why Im so on top of it,,,bought those lil javex wipes that I use in between the bi weekly cleaning.

Sassy_Chick
07-25-2006, 01:27 AM
Angelia - Yeah I used to rearrange my furniture for fun when I was younger (before I had a driver's license). lol. Sounds crazy but its true! lol. I think it can "spice up" your room with your old stuff without spending any money! lol. I use the Clorox wipes for in between cleaning but I really want something that I can use that I don't have to bend down because that kills my back. I know they have plenty of those things to choose from that you don't have to bend down to clean, just was wondering which one is the best. I think my mil has the Mr. Clean one and she loves it. :)

Anywho.............I think I may just wait and make a run to Wally World (Wal-Mart) and buy one..................:D

Sassy_Chick
07-25-2006, 03:09 AM
YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Bathroom is ALL clean! :D Well except for the floor. (I did do the floor beside and behind the toilet though).

I decided I wanted it done and OVER with! So its all done! YIIPPPEEEEEEE! Now I just have to clean myself and put laundry away! lol.

:dance:

Cafe Ole
07-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Morning!

Our computer software here is all messed up so while that is reloading I am poppin on in...

Jane... We had a shower on the tracks & it drove me so bonkers, I took it off the tracks, threw it away & now use a shower rod & curtain. Nope not sorry I did it either, I couldn't stand it anymore. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

I am soooooo sorry about Chloe!!! That is horrible, doesn't matter cat or dog or any other, it is your family. :(

ok I have to reboot my computer says, back in a bit, HI TO ALL I MISSED!

:hug: :hug: extra :hug: :hug: :hug: for Jane

Marti
07-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Jane--I'm so sorry to hear about Chloe!! And you know, our pets aren't just animals, they're just as you said: FAMILY. We'd be upset if anything happened to our hairy little ones.
Sending you and Neil so many hugs!!:hug: :hug: :hug:

Katiecat
07-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Good morning ladies :carrot:

Yesterday I -- drumroll, please -- drank all my water! (Thanks for starting that challenge thread, Marti -- just what I needed!) And I ate clean all day, stayed within my points and wrote everything down, even though we went out to dinner. I ordered a big healthy salad with dressing on the side, just dipped my fork in it for flavor (one of my favorite WW tricks). So, I am starting out today with a very positive "can-do" attitude. I've just gotta break this plateau -- I've been in such a rut, gaining and losing the same 4-5 pounds for months. And all the meds I'm on are making it more difficult, but it's not impossible, right? :D

It finally cooled off a bit here this morning. We broke the record for the most consecutive days over 100. :hot: :flame: :sunny: It will be over 100 again today, but then should be mid nineties for the rest of the week :crossed: At least it's about 75 this morning (7:30 am) so I opened up the windows and turned on the whole house fan for now to circulate some of the cooler air into the house (when I woke up it was 83 in here).

Jane, hope everyone at your house is doing better today. I have a Chloe too, my beloved cat, and my heart really goes out to you guys. :hug: :hug: :hug:

You asked how to clean shower tracks, so I typed "how to clean shower tracks" in Google, and this is what I got (and it's pretty much my method, except I never thought to vacuum up the dry bits first; I'll try that next time):

1. Loosen up grunge and remove hair from completely dry tracks with an old toothbrush, then vacuum with a long-nosed attachment.
2. Spray tracks with liquid spray cleaner.
3. Scrub with a tile brush and - for those hard-to-reach places - a toothbrush.
4. Fold a scrub pad to fit the track and continue to scrub if more cleaning is necessary.
5. Rinse tracks with a shower wand (if you have one), or simply pour water into tracks. The tracks contain drain holes that lead to the tub or shower stall, so direct the water in that direction and away from the floor.
6. Use cleaning cloths to wipe away any dirt left behind during rinsing process.
Tips: Place towels on the floor to catch overflowing water when rinsing.

Shel, I have a Mr Clean Magic Reach thing with interchangeable disposable cloths for scrubbing the tub and the floors. Not all that impressed with the job it does, though. I mostly only use it for "omg, people are coming over and the house is a mess" surface blitzes, LOL. I'm not the world's greatest housekeeper, though (Hey! I'm...uh...creative...yeah, that's it! I'm too creative to be tidy! :dizzy: :crazy: )

Angie, glad the new job is going well; I enjoy reading your blog, too. New jobs are kind of like moving to a new house -- stressful and so much work to change, but exciting too, a new beginning. About the EMG...I keep telling myself the last time was so bad because I was anxious and didn't know what to expect. But I remember it felt like I was on Dr Frankenstein's experimentation table, or like I was being tortured -- by the end, I was ready to confess government secrets, confess that I was a witch, whatever she wanted!!! :stress: :fr: :eek: :yikes:

I am so jealous that you are going to WDW! We were thinking about going for vacation in September, but don't have the funds right now. Take lots of pics and share them when you get back! :D

OK, that's it, gotta give my arm a break. Hello to everyone else :wave: and see you soon...

Marti
07-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Morning everyone!!

Katie--Are we sharing the temps w/you californians??? It's been mighty hot around here, just miserable. It's just now starting to cool into the 90's. Crazy isn't it? Sounds like you're on the road to breaking that plateau! Fantastic. I'm not at a plateau anymore. I've gained weight since I quit smoking so I'm just working my way back to where I started before I quit. (makes me angry that I gained)

Robin--Not long before you're on vacation.....again!! Did I tell you that I was jealous?? If so, that is just a reminder! :)

Shel--I have one of those Mr Clean bathroom cleaners. And to me, it's just better to get on my hands and knee's to clean behind the toilets. Everytime I see that commercial of the sparkling clean bathroom....I wonder "Is there really a back of a toilet that shines like that??....must be a womans home" :lol:
(I should make James get on his hands and knee's and clean next time)

Angie--I'm jealous of you too!! I would love to go to Disney World or Disney Land (since that's closer to me) James and I have plans to start a savings account just for vacation travels. (that'll take us forever!!) I want to take Jhanai on vacation away from Oregon sometime before the next few years. (before she tires of being around her mother):dizzy: She talks about going to Universal Studios. May do that some day.

Jane--I hope you and Neil are ok today. Thinking of the both of you!!:hug: :hug:

Ok....time to shower and get ready for work. LOVE not having to be at work so early!! I still get up really early but don't feel rushed to leave. Makes a difference in my attitude. (no one wants to work with Crabby Marti)

Hugs to all!:hug:

suetalks
07-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Good morning...I managed to get in 10 minutes of WATP before being interrupted, so will get back to that this afternoon. Just felt the need to check my mail.....and make a quick peek here.
Have laundry going. Already cleaned the bathroom. I used to have doors on the tub and couldn't keep them clean, so pitched them in favor of a curtain.
The shower however still has doors, and I do them exactlly like Google says..LOL. It is a real PAIN. Some of the new doors are trackless..however that works. Dunno what is being installed at the new house, but the tub will once again have a curtain. As for the cleaning wand...I don't have one for that. I do have a long handled brush in LV to clean the garden tub, but not here. Need to get one. I just get on my knees to do the floor. :(

Feeling a bit better, finally. Now if I can get back on track. Had Cheerios for breakfast and plan leftover grilled veggies with cottage cheese for lunch.
Dinner will be grilled chicken and ?? Had grilled pork chops last night with the grilled veggies. I must admit I ate a piece of cake yesterday...grrrr. DH's sis brought us a Texas sheet cake and it is so good. Darn it!
I DID pick the carpet and it is being measured for and ordered today. Still no choice on curtains or blinds, but I am narrowing down colors. Must go look at bedding so I can decide. Thye painted the strip of color I choose in the kitchen...and looked at me like I was ceazy. The guys couldn't figure out why I wanted ORANGE. Well, first, it is not orange, it is the color of a terra cotta pot. And second, because I WANT it. :) Actually, the chocolate brown solid surface counter top has copper specks in it and this color is just between the top and bottom cabinets. Any woman who has seen it loves it...so there guys! DH likes it too....

At the risk of being "black listed" here, I must say..I am one who doesn't see the fascination with WDW. But for those that love it it is a fun vacation. Have a ball Angie.

Back later..gotta run.

jules1216
07-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Just popping in real quick to say car is actually running better than before!! I am so glad that I have a handy hubby. You guys have been a chatty bunch. I'll try and stay caught up from this point. Thanks for all the kind words and I told step-fathers wife that her daughter must have prayed me home.

Jane--sorry about your dog--you, Neal and the kids are in my thoughts...

Jane
07-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Thank you for all the hugs and kind words. It really means a lot. :hug: I'm not feeling very chatty right now, but I'll be back tomorrow for that.

Sassy_Chick
07-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks you all for your input about the bathroom thingy. I ended up just doing it the old fashioned way, like always, just good ole elbow and knee grease! lol.

I hope you all have a Great Night!

Cafe Ole
07-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Ok I am getting ready to head out to our main pet store as I decided to do a water change on our salt water tank last night, fell asleep & woke up to water everywhere!!!!!!!!!!! Not only that, but the salt water is PURE water at the moment so I am totally freaking and praying that until I can grab a new bucket of salt & run home to crash the salt through the system that I didn't loose my entire tank! Everybody cross your fingers for my tank -- keep ya posted, they open in 15 so I am outta here for a bit. :( :sp: :censored::yikes:

3mom
07-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi everybody - I am a returning 3fcer after about 3 false tries in 5 years. I really wanted to get involved in the message boards again because when I lost alot of weight 5 years ago (gained it all back :() it really helped. I wasn't sure how to get involved because everyone all seemed to have their "set" support groups so I decided to jump right in and see if you ladies had extra room for one more. My story (quick version is in the JL Bios) is that I am 60 pounds overweight and have been doing ww from home for about 2 weeks and have lost 5 pounds - Food intake is going well its the exercise that is killing me - I am being very lazy and I know that it is 100 percent beneficial. I am trying to give myself mini challenges each day so that my lifestyle change is a success but I really do need to "chat" with others to keep me going. Unfortunately I don't have a real support here in the everyday life so it makes it that much harder. I would love to know all about everyone here if there is a bit more room for me. I can fill in the blanks about me a little more in future posts so feel free to just ask!! Take care and have a great day!

Jane
07-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Good morning, ladies,:wave:

3mom (Kim) - here's the place! Jump in and join us, ok?

Joan Fay - hope all is going well for you. Pop in and let us know how you are.

Sassy - I think you'll be glad you mopped your floor yourself. I had the Scotch Brite one, on a long handle, and it was so infuriating! The little mop pad would NOT stay attached to the velcro. I'm like Katie, I need one for quick cleanups, and will be buying the Mr. Clean one for that. My master bath is huge, so I use a mop and bucket in there. The bucket is one I got at Kmart, and has a mop wringer attached, and I love that feature. I can use really hot water and not hurt my hands.

Angie - we had a woman die here from the heat. She and her doctor's office had been calling the landlord for over 2 months, begging for them to fix her AC. Now I bet he wishes he did. Talk about a huge lawsuit! Everyone is ready to tar and feather the LL. How soon do you leave for Florida? I wanna go!!!

Robin - I have thought about just taking the doors down. The base is only about 4 inches high, though. An elbowed curtain could cause a flood, lol. OH NO! What happened to your water softener? Or is it an aquarium? Regardless, I hope you were able to save some of the water.

Katie - aww, thanks for googling that for me. I would've never thought to sweep the dry stuff up first. I've been gathering it with a wet paper towel before I squirt in the cleaning stuff, and it's really hard to get it all. Hope you have lower temps today. Did you decide yet if you're going to get the test redone?

Marti - Universal Studios rocks! We went years ago, and it's said to be even better now. There isn't nearly as much shade as WDW, but it's still fun.

Sue - no, we won't blacklist you, but this info WILL be added to your file, lol. :D I absolutely love the color terra cotta and have used it more than once. Mary's living room (that used to me mine) is done in that, now, with the coolest border that has clay pots and bird houses. The accent color is a soft green. Your chocolate brown and copper specks will go well with it.

Julie - glad your car is better. Thank you for your kind words. Yes, we've been chatty, lol.

I'm going to do my grocery shopping on Wednesdays now, since my Thursdays are so busy with the meeting every week. So I've got my menus all planned and the grocery list ready to go. Too bad I'm still in my nightie. :dizzy: It's so darn comfortable, though, do you think I could get by with wearing it? tee hee

Have a good day. :hug:

Jane
07-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Kim - oops! I spent too much time writing my novel, lol, and missed your post. Yay for the 5 pounds down. :cp: Well, we all know how it is with regaining weight around here, so you've come to the right place. :yes: I did WW at home, too, and did great, using the support here to get me through. Unfortunately, I put some of it back on. Now I'm counting calories, but using WW guidelines for healthy eating. You are so very welcome to be here! Post as often as you want! This is a great place for encouragement and support. As a matter of fact, we just started a new challenge thread, if you want to check it out, we'd love for you to join us.

3mom
07-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the welcome Jane! I have the summer off (I am a teacher) so I really am trying to get a solid start so when I go back to work it is not stressful for me to keep up with what I have been doing...we shall see! Exactly where would I find your challenge? - I really want to do one here but yesterday when I looked I only could find ones that are already in progress. I think I am going to go back and read prior posts from here to try to learn more about everyone - Did this thread just start with here (meaning these 3 pages? Well, I definitely will be back - I need to go calm my 10 yr. old daughter down - she is in a snit about something!:dizzy:

Katiecat
07-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi Kim! There's always room for another Jaded Lady...we'll just scoot on over and you can pull up a chair... :welcome2: Several of us have been in the same boat -- gained back what we've lost and are trying again. This is my 3rd time on WW. It always worked before, but then I'd hit a plateau after a while and then think, "I can do this on my own" and stop going. :rolleyes: This time around I know this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change for me. Exercise is a big challenge for me, too, since it's been so hot, and the heavier I am the more uncomfortable it is. I dance around the house a lot with the AC on and loud music blasting! :dance: :carrot: :cb: I've been at a plateau for months, but at least I haven't gained back, so I'm just trying to forge on ahead. But if you are looking for support and encouragement, this is definitely the right place!

Robin, keeping my fingers crossed for your tank! :crossed: Salt water tanks are so beautiful, but very finicky and particular and the fish are very expensive, so I hope everybody is fine when you get the salt back into the water...

Shel, I usually end up doing the bathroom floors on my hands and knees, too...wonder if it counts as exercise? Maybe if I scrub with a LOT of enthusiasm...and really loud music playing... :rofl:

Jules, a handy hubby is definitely a good thing! Mine is a Technogeek Extraordinaire :wizard: and I'm very grateful for his skills...it's like having my own personal tech support guy 24x7 who takes kisses for payment :love:

Sue, sounds like you are doing great food-wise. Don't beat yourself up over the piece of cake -- in WW, you can eat whatever you want, you just have to budget the points, and remember moderation. Your kitchen color choices are wonderful -- bet it is just beautiful! Funny how you saw "terracotta", but the painters just saw "orange". Kind of like a guy will say something is "blue", but woman will say it's "aqua", or "navy", or "sapphire", or "faded denim"... And we won't blacklist you for not wanting to go to DL or WDW -- we'll just all think you're crazy! :crazy: ;) Naw, it's not for everyone. My mom would hate it, I'm sure.

Marti, we are supposed to get a break in the temps by this weekend. We broke the record for the most consecutive days over 100, and it's supposed to be over 100 today and tomorrow, too, but 93 on Saturday. I hope Saturday is cooler because we have an outdoor concert to attend that night.

OK, that's it for my arm for a while...gotta take a break. :hug: :hug: :hug: to Angie and Jane and everyone else...

Marti
07-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Morning Ladies--

I have been doing well with what I have been eating. At least for me. I take more veggie snacks to work now instead of change for the vending machine. Makes a difference in the long run!!
Yesterday I brought my lunch then realized it was the chili cook off they were having to support the American Cancer Society. So I went to have a taste test. I had a spoon of 12 different chili's! And not to brag or anything, but this is the truth (IMO) James make better chili than all that I tasted!:D One I took a bite and it was sweet. (yuck) Tasted like I was biting into sugar.
Was fun. And I didn't over eat. I think 12 spoonfuls added to a small bowl.

Kim:: Hello and Welcome!! As the other gals have said, there is always room for more. Count me in as one who has gained weight and is struggling to get it back off! Quick smoking in March and it shows!:o As for the challenges....we start one each Monday. So we just started on this week. It's only Wednesday morning so you are MORE than welcome to join! If it's something you're interested in I hope to see you over there.

Sue:: Sounds like your house is getting so close!! When do you move in? And forgive me if this was already answered, but have you sold your home yet??

Jules:: So glad the car is running better. Nothing like having a car that doesn't get you anywhere...but in your case.....did! Come back when you have more time to chat.

Jane:: Universal Studios is more of what both James & Jhanai would like to do. I wanted to go to Disney Land. But hey....they over rule me!:D Now to save up for it and make sure we go during a time Jhanai is out of school. We're thinking in a couple years.

Katie:: Our temps have finally cooled. At least they FEEL cooler. 10 degrees make a huge difference. I'm glad I work in an air conditioned place. Hopefully the temps cool enough for you to enjoy the outdoor concert!

Robin:: Oh my!! What a thing to wake up to. Keep us posted if you lost all the water!

Good morning to the rest of you gals out there!!

Ok...I need to get ready for work.

You all have a great day!!

FrouFrou
07-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Just wanted to pop in for a quick sec and say Hi to everyone.

Also, ((((((JANE)))))...sorry to hear about Chloe. :hug: :hug:

Take care ladies :wave:

Sassy_Chick
07-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey Ladies!

:welcome: Kim! You found a great group of ladies! :D

Well I woke up to my once "clean" bathroom to a not so clean bathroom! :mad:
The maintenance man came to fix our sink that was leaking, which I'm glad of that and to fix our toilet which we've had a problem with since Day #1 of living here. BUT you think he would clean up his mess after like our maintenance man before him did? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So I'm glad I didn't get the whole floor finished, but what I did do (beside and behind the toilet) is not all not clean again! And do you think my dear sweet husband could have cleaned up after the guy BEFORE I woke up???????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MEN!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

So I cleaned up the sink and toilet, but decided to wait on the floor. I was on my hands and knees cleaning, as I always do, and that is no easy task for me, with my back the way it is.

Anyways...............I know its not that big of a deal, but just made me mad that was the 1st thing I saw when I woke up!

Anywho.........today I'm not doing nothing! I finished my laundry yesterday so today I'm doing nothing since tomorrow night is back to work! Dread that..........:p

So I hope you all are having a good evening! ;)

Sassy_Chick
07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
P.S............Did any of you happen to see the movie, "Fever Pitch" with Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon? We watched it lastnight as it was on Showtime on Demand, and its a very cute movie! Even hub liked it!

3mom
07-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Hello everyone - thank you for all the welcomes! I just wanted to stop in and ask if anyone has everyone grilled zucchini with ff italian dressing - I just did and it looks so good - can't wait to try it! I am also trying turkey burgers for the first time too!

Jane
07-26-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm back...

Kim - the challenge thread can be found here in the same forum where you found this weight loss/chit chat thread. By the way, we start a new weight loss/chit chat thread after about 50 posts. You can set your options to have 30 posts to a page, if you like. The reason we change threads after 50 posts is, some of the gals here have a dial-up modum, and since we usually have lengthy posts, not just a line or 2, it takes too long to load the whole thread if we go much higher than that. Hey, let us know if you like the zucchini w/ ff Ital. I like turkey burgers, especially w/pickles. :hungry:

Katie - kisses for payment???? Hmmmm.... are you sure that's legal in your state? :rofl:

Marti - YAY for the control at the chili cook off! :cp: Tell James that when the weather is cold, we're all showing up for some of his famous chili. I'll bring the crackers. :D

Cristi - thank you so much for the kind words about my Chloe. Pop back in anytime, ok?

Sassy - Men! I agree, sometimes they can be so thoughtless. I didn't see the movie you were talking about, but I do like Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon, both. Here's a question for you, sweetie. Since you asked us to help you be accountable with your weight loss, do you think you might want to join us in the challenge thread? No pressure at all, but I was thinking you could start small, maybe cutting out one thing a day, or adding a vitamin, or more fresh foods, or something. Baby steps is what it's all about, and I'm here to hold on to you if you need it, ok? All the Jaded Ladies have your back. :hug: As I said, no pressure at all, hon. You asked us all to please help you be accountable, and I promised by PM that I would, so think about it, ok? :hug:

Phone - bbl.

3mom
07-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi Everyone - The zucchini and ff italian dressing was awesome - kind of soggy but I am thinking I should put the dressing on at the last minute.
After two weeks of ww I think I have noticed my first healthy life style result! I used to have to take a nap everyday before I started with my changes - I realized about an hour ago - I haven't taken a nap in about 5 days and I have not been unusually tired! It must be from the healthy food I have been eating because I haven't really started exercising enough for that to make a difference. I saw a challenge thread that had to do with smilies that seemed to interest me so I jumped in to see if they had more room - waiting to hear! Jane, Does the challenge that you do have a specific name?

Everyone else - Hello and I hope you had a good day - I am hoping to learn your names and your stories soon - any help in that direction would be appreciated - I am a slow learner! LOL
Have a good night all!

Sassy_Chick
07-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Jane - Thanks. Yes Men are thoughtless sometimes. I have begun that already. This week wasn't the best of weeks because of two death anniversaries. Today is one of them. I know that isn't an excuse. I am still trying.

I already take vitamins and fish oil pills as well. I do need to go back to drinking more water again. I still drink it, don't get me wrong, I just need to go back where I was. We've been eating salads and grilled chicken. Also when I do eat the "Wrong" foods I limit myself. I haven't yet tried my new WATP (not that exact version but close to it) DVD yet but I need too.

I have been debating about joining WW. Only doing the one that you can do from home. I work too crazy hours to make it to meetings. :dizzy:

Thanks for everything!

Jane
07-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Sassy - sounds like you're already doing a good job with the vitamins, fish oil pills, etc, so YAY :cp: for that. I truly look forward to your posts, sweetie, just so you'll know. You brighten my day. :) Btw, I did WW at home, and lost 85 pounds. If I can help in any way, let me know, ok?

Kim - the challenge here at the Jaded Ladies is on our main page. It's called Accountabitity - a Weekly Challenge. Pop in there and see if you like it, ok?

Sassy_Chick
07-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks Jane. I think I was just feeling sorry for myself. So that is why I edited my message and got rid of the bottom half. This week hasn't been a fun week, like I said, so I think just a bunch of emotions there.

Yeah I know that is what I meant I paid for the ad free. I enjoy it here and don't wanna leave. I was just feeling sorry for myself as I said. Sorry about that! lol.

I know we can't all be "model" members, we all have times where we struggle. I think right now I am just struggling finding what works best for me.

Thanks again!

Jane
07-26-2006, 10:30 PM
It's about that time... see you at Weight Loss and Chit Chat # 205. :wave: