WW Clubs and Groups - Night Owls #13

View Full Version : Night Owls #13

Penny G
07-12-2001, 01:37 AM
Hi All :wave:

Thought I would start a new thread the other one is up to two pages again.

Susan - Good luck with your move, and Happy Birthday to your young man.

PJ - How is the new pasture working?

Tara - Hope all is well with you. I have been thinking about you.

You guys would not believe what happened in town today.
A drunk woman at 930 am pulled out of her driveway and ran over a 4 month old baby in his car seat!!!!!!
The mother had sat the baby on the sidewalk while she was straightening out the car to put him in.
The drunk woman pulled out of her driveway and drove right up on the sidewalk. Car went over the baby and pinned the car seat underneath, she dragged him for 8blocks before people could get her stopped. Kids were running as fast as they could along the car screaming people on bikes. She was totally oblivious.
Finally a guy speeded around her cut her off and drove her into the curb. They had to lift the car up off the ground to get the baby seat out from underneath.
Miracuously (sp?) the little boy was unharmed. (I GUESS THERE REALLY IS A GOD )
They are keeping him in the hospital overnight for observation.
Can you imagine that poor moms horror.
This is no joke!!!! It happened here in VT.
The woman is in jail, I hope they throw away the key!!!!!!!!!

Take care all

emmy
07-12-2001, 10:36 AM
Penny.....My heart was in my throat as I read your post.....what an absolute horror!!! Things like that really do show that there is a GOD and he does look after the little children. I am sitting here crying just to think of it.And YES they should throw away the key...keep usposted on what happens to her....

I have been in "lurk mode" but am trying to come out....LOL

I am on vacation and it is a beutiful sunny day and I am out of here to sit in the sun ....I will be back.

Do the rest of you notice that it seems like no one is posting when you look at the main page but when you actually come in here there are posts??? or is it just me???

Bye for now

emmy

SueBee
07-12-2001, 10:51 AM
Just dropping in to say hi. Been working lots.

SueBee

Tara
07-12-2001, 01:51 PM
Hello - Surprise its ME!

I have been lurking off and on here - just been too busy to post much. You all know the drill!

I see a few other "missing owls" have come out to roost.

Meredith - So good to see your post! I hope you are doing ok - and married life is treating you ok. Are you still living with mom? How is your mom anyway?

Judy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a super day - you deserve it. How are things at home? I bet your son is getting ready for college - where will he be attending in the Fall?

Setina - You have been through WAY too much this past year! I hope things get better for you soon - you poor thing! How are the headaches? Have you talked to Judy about her meds? I believe she is feeling lots better - right Judy?? Take care!

Emmy - Always on vacation - you lucky dog you!! I hope you are doing ok. :D

Penny - Are you still going to OA meetings? I know you were having good luck with that a while back - I was thinking about ya! That is a miracle for sure - thank god that little baby was ok! What that mother must have been thinking! And I agree - that lady should be in jail forever!

PJ - Sounds like quite an ordeal you had there with your barn! Glad you got it figured out and I am glad Bill is home finally. When do you go on vacation? Where are you all going? I bet Florida is hot hot hot!

I am sure I am missing someone - if so :wave: - I have to run - my work calleth!

I will pop in when I can - have a great week!

Tara :dz:

Watermelon
07-12-2001, 10:30 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just popping in to say a quick hi. I am still fighting the migraines. I went to the doctor today and we are trying different things so hopefully I will see some improvement soon.

I planned on posting this weekend and catching up but Bren asked me to post today and let you know they had another bad storm and her modem and her mom's modem are out. She hopes to be back soon.

I hope you all have a terrific Friday!

See you this weekend.
Hugs
Setina

judygal
07-12-2001, 11:47 PM
Thanks Tara for the card and the web page for Steve., it was a nice day.

Hi everyone.

Pammy, I saw Julia on David Letterman this week. Funniest stuff I've seen in a long time.

That story about the drunk lady and the baby is horrible and
I was so upset reading that story that I began to cry before I even finished it. That mother should be stipped of her parental rights and that lucky child should be raised by loving people who desperately want a child of their own and cannot conceive. And then someone needs to run over the mother with a car and drag her 8 blocks.

I'm sorry for being so brutal in this post. Especially to those of you who don't know me well. My passion in life is children and my worst nightmare is a child with a parent like that one.

Setina.... the migraine preventative medication is called Elavil. It WORKS!!

Bren, when you have storms, do you unplug from the wall? I don't because we have a power surge thingy. But after reading your posts, I sure should. I miss you.

Have a good weekend everyone.

emmy
07-13-2001, 12:21 AM
Judygal I don't think the mother and the drunk lady are the same person. I read it to read that the Mom set the baby on the SIDEWALK, usually a safe place and the drunk lady DROVE on the sidewalk,,, I could be wrong but that's how I read it...

gonna run for now
emmy

judygal
07-13-2001, 12:48 AM
Emmy, really? Oh wow... I thought they were one and the same. That changes some of my thoughts. I'm so glad the baby was not the driver's child. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was so upset by the story that I didn't read carefully.

I'm sure you are right and I read it wrong. The poor baby's mother...... oh gosh.

I'm so glad you replied here, Em!
Judy

Punky
07-13-2001, 09:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

I got my modem quicker than I thought, my mom still has not hers though. I put in the first new one and it worked for a few days and then we had another huge storm, hail and everything and that modem went. I am going to make sure I unplug my phone line when ever we have a storm.

I went to the gym tonight and did 1 mile on the treadmill and then worked the machines for around 20 minutes. Still doing well OP.

Setina, thank you so much for posting the message for me, I didn't figure I would be back in business til next week. Make sure you note my new e-mail address.

Penny, I heard about that little baby too but I read in the newspaper that the baby was burned 10% of it's body from being underneath the car and against the hot pipes on the bottom, they said most of the burns will require skin grafts, I don't know though maybe I read it wrong. either way it was a horribel thing and I am so glad the baby is okay.

See Ya everyone, just too tired to post much.

Brenda

Penny G
07-14-2001, 06:47 AM

Judy - Emmy was right, it was not the Mom, it was a drunken neighbor.!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda - I do not know from personal knowledge, but the last I knew he was OK, but of course you know how that goes, there have been all kinds of stories including that he is in critical condition. Who knows, my husband works at the local hospital and he heard nothing about it, and they hadn't done any lab work on him so I don't think its that bad but who knows. I wish the family luck anyhow.

Tara - So glad to see you and that all is well, I am still going to OA and it is helping I am finally losing consistantly. Even got myself a sponsor, but am seriously thinking of getting a different one, the current one is very nice but she doesn't seem to want to talk to me unless I am in some kind of crisis, if all is well she is not interested to I am a little distressed about that I mean isn't getting better the point. Anyway it has been very helpful. I have another weigh in tomorrow. I am currently down 7lbs. Thanks for asking.

Well all I am on the early shift today so gotta run.
Have a great day

judygal
07-14-2001, 01:41 PM
Hi gals,

I'm so glad to tell you that I finally hit my 10% today. I also lost my wedding ring (hubby found it after a tense half hour... it slipped off my finger). I guess I'm going to put it in the safety deposit box until I get to goal and then have it sized. Time to go look at a cheapie replacement that won't turn my finger green because I don't think I want to spend real money on it, ya know?

Bren great news about your modem.

Penny, thanks for the update. I hope your early shift was nice and easy!

I'll be back soon,

PJ
07-14-2001, 04:34 PM
Candice and I posted on the last thread. Guess we didn't see this one. You know, they DO say the eyes are the first to go....:D

Brenda - Glad to hear you've got your puter back. Keep up the great work on the exercise.

Penny - What an awful story re: the baby. I'm like Judy .... went it comes to children, I go balistic if I hear of them being abused or neglected. They're so helpless at those tender young ages. Makes me cringe every time of think about it. Right now it's pouring out so we had to stop working on the pasture and stalls for a while but we got alot done. We've been working in the rain for about 4 hours now and I had to come home and have something to eat, get some dry clothes on and some boots and a slicker. Then I'll go back. We're putting in 4' deep holes for the pots with one 4x4 across the bottom. The top will be electric which is what Missy had at her old home. She knows not to go near it. There is a stallion in the pasture next to where she's going to we reeeeeeaaaaally need it. :o
Well, the thunder is getting a little too close for my comfort right now so I'm going to sign off.
See ya later,
~Pamela~

Ally-oop
07-14-2001, 07:43 PM
:wave:

Hi Owls!

(quick reminder for everyone to check out the last bunch of posts on the #12 thread if you haven't yet because there are some new ones there since #13 was started)

I'm gonna go check out a few other things and I'll be back later to post but I just wanted to say hi!

Ally

:)

Punky
07-14-2001, 08:11 PM
No Exerisize today, just running around in the grocery store and putting big stakes in my cherry tomato plants that I have on my deck and feeding them. The hail really knocked them for a loop and they were laying all over the place but they look like they are going to be okay, no stems broken and I laid the tomatoes that fell off on my counter to ripen, they are supersweet 100 cherry tomatoes and me and the kids just love them. Today is Kayleen's birthday, she is 7 now, she is having a bbq bday party at her dads house and I will be meeting them in Portland tomorrow to pick them up, they will be here for 2 weeks then go up there for 2 weeks. I am having a bday party for here here next saturday at papa ginos, it should be fun.

JudyGal, I am soooooooooooooo happy for you wow reaching that 10% goal is a big accomplishment, what does the key chain look like I have 7#'s more to go to get mine. You have really worked hard for it and I am proud of you. Please send your e-mail to my new e-mail so I can write to you, hopefully my modem won't go again so I can keep in touch with everyone.

PJ, I love the new stable pics and horse picks, Missy should be very happy there. You are in heaven and I can tell that you are happier than you have been in a long time, wow enjoy every minute of her.

Penny, you are right, there are alot of rumours going on about the baby. I am just thankful that it is allright. What a thing for a mother and child to have to go through. Thank god they finally got her to stop. I just can't imagine it.

Setina, wow girl, those migraines just won't stop. I hope they can finally find something to work against them. We sure do miss you around here, don't forget you are my inspiration and always will be.

Emmy, how ya doing girl? I have missed you.

Tara, as always good to see you. I know how busy you must be, sometimes I go through(as you know)my own disappearing act because there is sometimes just no time to post. Believe me we all understand and just stop in and post when you can.

Well time to go

Later Owls
Bren

PJ
07-14-2001, 09:20 PM
Brenda - A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KAYLEEN!!!!!!!

Judy - "I'm so glad to tell you that I finally hit my 10% today"
That is SO GREAT Judy! I was reading the posts and realized I didin't mention it. Geeeeez, talk about having "a senior moment"......:?: I've been having too many of those lately. :D

Well, I've still got my cousin, her husband and son here so I've got to go. Hope you're all having a great weekend. I totally blew program last night !!!!!!! We had my cousin and another couple here and kind of went overboard with wine and Corona's with lime. I stuck to the Corona's so I didn't feel as bad as I WOULD have if I had the wine. So yesterday was a total wash and I'm hoping all of the physical work I did today and all the water I drank will make up for it.

See ya later,
~Pamela~

Ally-oop
07-14-2001, 11:04 PM
Hi again everyone!

I'd like to say I was a busy-bee today....I'd like to, but since I got home from work, I've been a bump on a log. I wanted SO badly to take advantage of the beautiful day and get out to the barn to ride Irish, but somebody didn't clue my body in, I guess. It's not like me to not go to the barn when I really want to. Ever have those days when you just can't get it into gear? I was very busy all week, so I guess the break is OK....:rolleyes:

You guys are really inspiring, though. Judy making 10% (ya-hoo), Brenda with those work outs (could have used one today), PJ out there sweatin' her butt off, Candice finishing her garage project, Penny goin' to OA and losing (and workin' with her horsey)....man, seems I could go and on, eh? I know I'm missing somebody's accomplishments, so YEAH for you, too! :D

PJ--did I miss that you had new pics of Missy and/or the new farm?

Well, I guess I'm off to SIT ON THE COUCH (can you tell I'm ashamed of myself? LOL!) and watch the movie I rented, The Wedding Planner. I got a "chick-flick" because my DH went to his buddy's house for a while tonight to help him with his computer.
Ally

judygal
07-15-2001, 12:35 AM
Bren, the keychain is actually ugly and a bit tacky! But my friend in Florida got her's this week and her's is completely different from mine. I know you will do it.. 7 lbs is not going to be hard for you. Oh and send those cherry tomatoes my way!

Pammy, I've never taken to Corona so I'm lucky there. I hope you had a good time though!

Ally, I just loved The Wedding Planner. What did you think of it? THanks for the good wishes on the 10%. It's taken me a long long long time to do it!

Judy

Punky
07-15-2001, 09:36 PM
Hi there,

Well I got back from Maine around 3p.m., then I took the girls to the gym and we all swam for about 45 minutes, I only did about 30 minutes but it is exercise.

Back to work tomorrow, what a bummer:( but oh well, I guess that's life.

Judygal, oh well even if it is ugly, atleast it's an accomplishment, congratulations, you and I have been at it for a long time, so have many others. You would think they could give us something cute though!

Ally, I gave tons of days, even weeks when I can't get it in gear. I think women have alot on their shoulders today and that ammounts to some of it. Other times I have tons of energy, just wish it would last.

Pj, you know the drill girl, just get back OP right away, don't let one bad day turn into 2 or more, you look great in your pics and your body has really changed since I met you so as the old adage goes, climb right back in the saddle again, no pun intended.:D Everyone has to let loose once in awhile, or what fun would life be, you had a good time and that is great now you know what you have to do.

Later Everyone,
Bren

PJ
07-16-2001, 10:35 AM
Ally - Yes, I did post a new album. I left the "old" barn because of too much arguing and bickering and Adrienne (the owner/my friend???) telling us all what to do all of the time. All this after she asked me to run the barn for her. She's on some type of power kick but the final straw was when I found out that her daughter had been smacking my son. So, adios amigo!!!!!

I moved Missy just down the road a bit, about 7....maybe 8 houses down. It's even CLOSER to my house now....lol........with much more acreage and much greener grass....lots of it too. I worked all weekend with Lee, Martin, Beth and Jim and between all of us...the fence is pretty much done. Now for the stall, which is 3/4 done and that's it. I DID finally post a picture of Missy and I together but i'm not on her. I'll to get one of those today. She's coming along fine but it's going to take some time as she's used to going to the left all of the time (that's what trotters are used to) so I'll have to work her alot with the barrels and cones for flexibility.
You can see the new album.....it is the 2nd one that says Missys new home at: www.picturetrail.com/resler41

Brenda - Yeah, I know. Believe me, I think I sweat out every ounce of alcohol in my body and then some yesterday. :dizzy: I DID get right back on track and I want to thank you for keeping me in check :)

I was surprised at how much thinner my legs look in the picture of Missy and I. I guess it's really starting to show. FINALLY !!!!!!!!! I had to buy all new underwrar too......they looked like BLOOMERS on me.

You all have a great day and I'll "see" you later.
Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~

Penny G
07-16-2001, 01:33 PM

I just got back from seeing my young horse at the trainers, she looks great. She is taking very smooth transitions now and her carriage is awesome!!!

I had my weekly weigh in yesterday and yeehaa I am finally down below 200. Didn't think it would ever come.
210/199/125ish

It has taken a while but I finally have a pretty good understanding of what drives my excessive eating and how to deal with it. First I have to accept that I am not ever going to be perfect and all I can do is the best I can with what I have got.
So be it

I have parted ways with my sponsor at OA, she is very nice but unless I am pouring my heart out and telling her how awful I feel she doesn't seem to want to talk to me. I told her this and she said, if I am not eating I should have lots of feeling coming up etc... Heck I do but not every minute, and I don't always want to be whining about it. I like to try to see the positive side, so I told her I need to go it alone for a while.

I am on the right track and hope to stay there. Anyway, I am going to be late for work again, so take care all

I AM DOWN BELOW THE 2'S I AM DOWN BELOW THE 2'S
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tara
07-16-2001, 03:13 PM
CONGRATS PENNY!!!

I know you have worked so hard for that - and you should be so happy to be at 199 (I know I will be)!!

Gotta run....work calleth....

Tara :D

PJ
07-16-2001, 06:04 PM
You go Penny........BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Candicej
07-17-2001, 07:37 AM
Great job all youl osers..you know who you are!

Well when I go for a few days without much sleep I do dumb things! Monday
wa not a good day...I got up and got ready for my DR. appt for my second
shot in the elbow and the doctor was called away on an emergency (so no shot this week)and I
had fasted for some blood work too( they let me come in for that, which
was a good thing) and I ran a splinter of wood under may finger nail and
dropped my camera(don't know if it works yet), went shopping and did not
get home with all my stuff I bought and knocked my chocolate banana
smoothie all over the counter and so it goes! Oh.. the dog pooped out on
our walk too, had to cut it short but finished on the treadmill! My Fibro is
doing well though I think!LOL Just need some sleep!!!!!!

Hey there Tara! Just thinkin' about ya :)

Pj..glad Missy has a new and improved home:) Your a good momma!:lol:

Emmy..good to see you and Setina and Judy and Ally and Pdnny and Bren:)

My Sami Jo..he is a cutie pie!:smug:

judygal
07-17-2001, 10:28 AM
Penny, I'm having a "bye bye 2's" party for you. It's only 8:30 in the morning and I might wake the family but heck.... it's a PARTY!

PJ
07-17-2001, 11:47 AM
Wish I were at your place judy, I'd celebrate with you!!!!!! Yey for Penny

judygal
07-17-2001, 11:52 AM
Pammy, I will expect you on the next flight! Bring those people who lived with you so I can kick their a** for you!

Ally-oop
07-17-2001, 12:11 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT!!

I'm jealous, LOL!!
But I know I'll be joining you soon....

Also glad to hear about your young horse. (you know I just had to comment on the horsey stuff!:lol: )

HOOOOOORAY PENNY!!

Ally

Ally-oop
07-17-2001, 12:34 PM
Howdy, Owlies!

PJ-I saw the whole sordid story of what happened at the old barn. How sad.....
But the NEW place looks so pretty and peaceful. Missy looks good. Don't you just love when they are all nice and shiny and pretty like she is in her pics?
I went out to the barn on Sunday and gave Irish his "salon treatment," as I like to call it. I really enjoy grooming, so Chrissy (our barn manager) asks me to do her other horse for her, too. She's 8 months preggers, and Madison (her other horse....she owns Irish too and I lease him) is a young guy and she doesn't want to get knocked around by him, so she asks me to give him some TLC for her. I'm not experienced enough to ride him, though. He can be a "toughy." Some of the other boarders get a kick about how I just enjoy BEING at the barn. I just don't get the people who just come and do their thing, kinda half-assed, get done and outta there. Oh, I dilly-dally, chat, help out with anybody and anything....any excuse to spend more time there.
So, me and my ol' man had about a 45 min ride. I decided to do some no-stirrup work. Did pretty well, though my legs were feelin' it the next day.....still am today, too, come to think of it!! :lol:
OMG....I apologize to all of you who aren't interested in all this. I don't mean to bore you all with my wide-eyed, horse nutty chatter.
Judy and Brenda: The 10% keychain I got is not too bad. It's pewter-y looking and shaped like a 10 with the WW logo on it. I outta dig it out of my drawer and use it as a reminder of how far I've come. We talked about using it as an "anchor" object in one of the meetings. Maybe I'll do that.....Thanks for the reminder.
Hello to all our other nest dwellers!!! :dizzy:
Ally

Punky
07-18-2001, 09:29 PM
Hey How ya doing everyone? I lost 2lbs at my meeting last night. I have 5.6lbs to go now for my 10% goal. My mom's modem came in finally so she is all set again. I haven't been doing much except work and trying to stay OP.

We got a call from the hospital in Virginia last night asking for our permission to treat my daughter Janessa (17yo) They said she said that she fell and cut her arm, they said that it looks like she will need stitches because of the blood they could see through the bandages, they hadn't even looked at it yet. that's all they told us it was a little after midnight. So this morning I called her but she was not home, A lady that lives with them was home. She said she had just got home and the house was totally tore apart and there was blood everywhere and she hadn't seen Janessa or known anything had happened. But she found Janessa's instructions from the hospital so I knew she had gotten home at some point from the hospital. I finally got ahold of Janessa around 10a.m. and she said her and her boyfriend had gotten into a fight and she ended up falling on a broken mirror, she had a vein cut and they repaired it. She said the nurse at the hospital kept pushing her to press charges against her boyfriend so she punched the nurse in the face. I am very glad that Janessa is allright but I hope she can get a hold over her anger. Just for those of you who don't know, Janessa had spinal meningitis when she was 4 and has severe behavorial issues ever since, She gets VERY angry whenever anyone makes her mad. She was facing jail a year ago and I couldn't take her home with me because I didn't feel it was safe with my other 2 kids. I gave custody to my mom so she could stay out of jail and live with her. Things went well but a month or so ago she went down to va to be with her Jerk boyfriend. Not the crap is hitting the fan again. I am very worried about her, I believe she will either end up dead or hurt bad, hurt someone else bad or end up in jail. anyway that fills you all in a little bit. By the way her father whom she is staying with is on vacation in Washington State right now.

Alley-Oop, I like pewter so I hope I get one like yours. It will just be nice to make that goal.

Candice, I have had days like that, don't you just hate em? I am so glad your fibro is doing well, that is such a hard thing to live with.

Penny, Yippeeeeee!! You are doing so awesome girl.

PJ, you are very welcome girl. You are doing a great job, keep up the good work.

I am bushed, see you all later

Bren

SLF
07-19-2001, 10:00 AM
Good Morning from among all my boxes.

Brenda.....I really feel for you and what you are going through. Seeing a child going through so much has got to be agony. Just make sure that you keep yourself going well and know that you have our support and prayers behind you.

Well, want to give a quick short term good-bye. The movers started packing us yesterday, and finishing packing today. Tomorrow they load up the van and we are on our way. They will disconnect my computer today though.

Monday we get moved into our new home. My mom and grandma are coming down to help. My mother-in-law is keeping the kids, which will definately help. I'm not sure what I'll do for internet service, but hope to have something up in a week or so.

I will be back and ready to really get going on program. It will be a new start for me and my family, which we are looking forward to.

Well, have a good week, and I'll "see" you all soon.

Susan

Ally-oop
07-19-2001, 11:58 AM
Hey Owls!

I went to our 4-H Farm Fair last night. One of my favorite parts of summer. I know it's corny, but I love it. Anyway, you all know how much an OP person can get into trouble at a place like that, but I have to say I was pretty good....pretty good, not "good." LOL! I had "buffalo tails." 5 of 'em....they were good. They are chicken tenders (but not like regular ol' pre-breaded frozen planks...more like real pieces of chicken breast strips) that are made like buffalo wings without the bones. You have to know that my hubby and I are buffalo wing lovers. (I don't wonder why I need WW admitting this--hee-hee) Many Saturdays, I use my banked points for 6 wings (ususally a garlic and parm flavor lately...). Though I usually go a over when you include some fries and the dreaded bleu cheese. Since this is a part of my LIFESTYLE, I've chosen to do this to make it fit into program, but I've gotten used to being OP again on Sunday, so it's worth it. Actually, I try to go low points/up the activity. It usually helps when Sunday or both weekend days are my barn enjoyment days. Hey, if I'm gonna do this for the rest of my life, I gotta enjoy at least some of it, right? ;)
Anyway, I was happy that I didn't go ballistic and get the funnel cakes, fresh cut french fries (that was a bit tough, though..LOL), ice cream, BBQ....and the list goes on. I chose what I REALLY wanted and didn't go nuts on the rest.
And I DID pull out my 10% keychain and put my car key on it. Kept in my pocket, it can be my "anchor" object. I can just hold it when I'm tempted so I can remember what my goal is.

Thanks for "listening" to me reason with myself here about eating those wings and tails! LOL! (Especially since I'm going back on Saturday. My niece's chicken (yes, a chicken ) is up for a ribbon.
Ally :^:
---funny story, my DH's co-worker, who is from South Philly (very Italian, very much a "city boy"), got a kick out of us going to this thing, saying, "the only way I'd go to that place to see chickens is if it was on a plate!" (in his S. Philly Ital. accent) :lol:

judygal
07-19-2001, 07:28 PM
BREN,

How old is Janessa's boyfriend. She is legally a minor and if he's 18 or older, you might be able to take legal action. Email me when you can.

Ally we don't have a 4H fair in my town but I've been to some before. That funnel cake is a killer but I wish I knew how many points are in the kettle corn. That is MY favorite.

Susan, we'll miss you. Hurry back.

Candice don't you just HATE it when the doctor gets called away and you have to miss your shot this week? I wish I'd get that lucky! But the splinter under the fingernail thingy... ewwwww I feel that pain worse than I feel with fingernails on a blackboard.

Tara.. hi sweetie! How are you doing? I'm so glad you still have time for our newsletter.

Everyone guess what.... you're going to think I'm nuts. My husband and little one are going to visit hubby's parents in Florida on Saturday. I've chosen not to go. (Pamela don't scream!) Why? Because since Steve became ill in September, I have not had any time to myself except when my father died in January and I don't count that. I'm going to stay home with the older one (who will be working alot) and just spend a week by myself to get some time to just sit and do what I want, without worrying about them.

See ya later,
J