Old 10-02-2005, 12:41 PM   #16  

Yesterday wasnt to bad, I did drink 4 glass of water and 1 can pepsi and 1 can gingerale. The pop will be a big thing for me to give up I AM ADDICTED I know I can do it, its just to break the HABBIT I did quit pepsi for three weeks about 2 years ago and lost 15 lbs, so I know if I can do that I will drop off some weight fast and be even more motivated. Well today is good so far but the day is not over.There were a couple adds in the paper for treadmills so I called but no one was home, hopefully one calls back so I can get started on my walks, I am going tonight or this afternoon. I need to get my 5 a week, and Curves I have been going Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at 7:00 a.m. So far that has been working, I get back by 7:30 and wake kids, take my shower, help with lunches, and off we all go. I figure a month of 3 times a week then I will go 5 days a week ( future November goal)
I am getting very excited about my Octobers weigh in, cause my pants seem to be lose in the butt and waist. I also tried on a pair of shorts that didnt do up before summer and they did up they were still abit snug but the did up and I didnt have to lay on the bed
So her we go ladies a new month, a new goal, and new pounds lost not found.
Ice Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #17  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Sunday weigh in and I'm down another pound! That makes the 20 pound mark for me! (I was 173 when I started, but 169 when I joined here) 20 pounds...that's just about what my 2 year old granddaughter weighs! When I think how heavy she is to lift and I was carrying around that much extra weight every day all day long! No wonder I have so much more energy now!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:37 PM   #18  

Keep going ice-I know pop is a hard thing to kick but you will be better off in the long run. Congrats also Suzy for the 20lbs total! Odessa is 30lbs and Amanda is 24 and I can identify with picking them up and realizing I was actually carrying that on my body. It is amazing I could get it to do anything and also no wonder why I was having such a hard time with so many things.

I tried a new pumpkin muffin recipe today only 2pts which is low and these puppies are huge! I haven't tried one yet so if they taste good, I will post it for those who would like to try them. I am hoping they are good cause they look like a real muffin and they are also made with whole wheat flour and no fat at all.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 02:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

20 pounds, Suzy! That is a huge milestone!

Ice, I know how you feel with the soda because I am the same way with sweet tea. It used to be all I drank, all day long. Now I have 2 glasses tops in a day, and when hubby isn't here I dont even make at all. Since I'm going for no sugar this month, this is my biggest obstacle. I usualy never counted it in my calories, but I am now as a deterrant. Yay on the pants zipping up. There are so many rewards in this besides the scale, and every little thing keeps the motivation high. I know what you mean about laying on the bed hopefully we never have to do that again.

Melra, we all have our lazy days...up and at 'em tiger Once you get going your body will pick up.

I am loving fitday even more now that I found the daily journal! I will use that on days the cravings hit. I was going to oprah, but the space to type in is so small it's distracting. i am a writer, so when a craving hits I get going and going and going...I need space!

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #20  

Have you thought of using Splenda or Sweet n low for your tea? That way you aren't getting the sugar but still have your beverage. I use the sweet n low in my coffee and I bought some slenda last time I was shopping to use for baking the muffins.
Melissa
Old 10-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #21  

I would like to join your October challenge. I am new to this community and am looking for friends, buddies, etc to keep my eyes on the goal.
  • I have set a goal of 13 pounds for October
  • excercise 3 times a week at Curves.
sweeetpeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #22  

Well you got the right place. We are very active and it looks like you got some great goals! Welcome to the group!
Melissa
Old 10-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #23  

Thanks Melissa, I hope I can keep up.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #24  
Losing it...again!

Welcome to the group sweeetpeaches! This is a great group...you'll find lots of support and encouragement here!
Old 10-02-2005, 03:48 PM   #25  

If you have time and want to go to septembers thread, we did a questionaire so you can read about us and then copy and paste and put yours in Octobers thread. I know once you get the hang of it, you will be fine. Under UserCP you can find tickers and things for a signature to track through the group your progress.
Melissa
Old 10-02-2005, 05:13 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Welcome Peaches! This is a very friendly group so jump in and enjoy yourself.

Melissa, I have two reasons I don't want to use splenda: 1. I have read a lot that it is not good for the body, the way it's made. New things that come out always scare me, so many come out later on to be harmful and get yanked off the shelves. 2. It is so expensive! We make a LOT of tea here and put a LOT of sugar in it, so it would just be way too expensive. I need to just get off it because sugar is a trigger food for me.

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #27  
Losing it...again!

I agree with you Theresa...artificial sweeteners are not good for you! They are chemicals! It just doesn't seem worth the possible health risks just to have a diet soda or glass of sweet tea that would have only empty calories and no food value whatsoever. You are much better off to have a little of the real thing and teach yourself healthier eating habits and skip the artificial sweeteners.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:09 PM   #28  

Thank you all. You made me feel so welcome. I will go back to the September one and try to find that questionaire.

Theresa, I don't like Slenda either, mostly for the taste. I personally drink about a galloon of tea a day. My Dr. told me to make it about half grren tea, and half regular tea for the added anti-oxidents. I don't use sugar at all, but do add sweet-n-low to my glass. (Lime is also really good in it)

I look forward to getting to know all of you. You have really made me feel really welcome already.

Monica
Old 10-02-2005, 07:20 PM   #29  

Welcome Peaches, I'm gonna be yoru Curves Buddy, K? 3 times a week.
I did pretty good today, I did have a piece of pie but thats cause I went to my Aunties house for supper and kinda had to. ( well I didn't but, its easier to blame it on her) shhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell her. LOL She is also going to Curves and she said don't deprive just cut down. So I just had a small piece. I am already craving a good, cold, mouth water glass of pop, bit I don't have any and I aint gonna go to the store. I can go with out. I can do it.
Ice Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 07:34 PM   #30  

Melissa- I am having a hard time finding that questionaire. I hope I'm in the right thread looking for it.

Ice Princess-Thank you so much for your warm welcome. I would LOVE to be your Curves buddy. I am challenging myself to go every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday before classes. Having someone that I have as a buddy will keep me honest about going. Pop is not my downfall, ice cream or cake is. Luckily we have none in the house. but the brownies in the cabinet are calling to me to make them. Resistance isn't too hard yet, the kids are still up.

Monica