Old 02-19-2005, 11:39 AM   #16  

Hello Everyone .......I was invited to jion this group when I posted a thread in the buddy up forum ......It seems like a really great group...........For those of you who dont know me ....here is my story................
I am married and have 2 children who are now 3 and 5 years old . I am right now at the highest weight of my life 225 which is alot considering I am only 5'3 . I actually was a member of this site a while ago and was doing pretty good ( down to like 212 ) .....I got pregnant last summer and had a miscarriage in july which I am sure any of you can guess pretty much ruined my diet and everything for a while . I have dealt with it pretty well ....I look at my 2 beautiful boys and realize how lucky I am to have them ! Anyway I am ready to get on with my journey to find myself again . I am tired of looking at pictures of me and my children and being in shock .......do you guys know that feeling ......you think OH MY GOD I thought I looked really nice that day and then you see this picture and you just wanna cry ......We went to the beach last summer and the few pics there are of me I just kept looking at them over and over thinking DID I REALLY LOOK THAT BAD .My husband trys to help but well he is 5'9 and weighs 145 and can eat junk all day everyday and has never gained a pound in his life ......but he is supportive ......but you know how it is at times he trys to say the right thing and no matter what he says I take it wrong ......he tells me he loves me no matter what and I believe him ....then i think in my head when did we go from me loungin around in his sweatpants to him loungin around in mine HAHA.....
Anyway I am very glad I have joined this site and am looking forward to having you ladies to vent to and share the ups and downs of this rocky road we have all chosen to travel down ........Right now I think I have found a fork in the road .....one direction looks flat and easy ......the other looks like it is uphill and full of twists and turns .....For once in my life I am chosing the uphill road ...the hard road ....and I am gonna get to the end of it no matter how long it takes .........
fatmommyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:49 AM   #17  
What we think, we become.

Default Happy Saturday

How wonderful our great group is really growing. We are all going to reach our goals. I know it. We are strong, determined, striving to be PHAT chicks!!!

Selina, Thank you for the encouragement. It makes it easier to avoid junk food knowing I have such great support here. It's almost like I would be letting you guys down as well as myself. And I'm with ya!! PHAT or bust!!! You are gonna be the hottest chick in Vegas. You will be turning heads!!!!

Water is a huge downfall for me also. I just can't seem to give up the diet coke for the water. I really need to though. The really bad part about diet coke (there are lots of bad things) but for me is that it makes me crave salty crunchy spicy junk food. But I am a big diet coke addict. I have cut back some but need to cut back more and add in the water.

How does everyone else do on getting enough water in? Maybe we should have a water challenge?

Well, I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. Hope to see you all here later. I have to get to sleep now because I worked all night and I have to be up in 6 hours to get ready for work again. Yuck!

You all have a great day. I'm so glad to get to know all of you.

girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 12:05 PM   #18  

FM in PA!!! Goodmorning. I must have been posting with you. I'm pokey! Just want to say hi and so glad you are here. So far there seems to be a lot of supportive ladies gathering in our little group.

I am sorry about the loss you went through with a miscarriage. I can't imagine how hard that had to be for you. And thank heavens you do have two beautiful boys to cherish every day.

I so know what you are saying. I will be feeling pretty good about myself one day get dressed up and then see a picture and I am horrified at what I actually look like!! I usually destroy those pics. I almost think that it was that denial in myself that allows me to keep gaining? I don't know though. I haven't solved the mystery in my head yet.

Husbands are sweet but I don't think they know what we are going through. There is really a lot of pressure put on us to be beautiful. More than them. My hubby needs to lose thirty pounds and he is clueless about what I am going through because he doesn't feel the need to run and hide from mirrors cameras public. Like I do.

Hopefully this difficult road we are taking will get easier as we decide each day that it is just a way of life. Its just the way things are, just like we brush our teeth and put our shoes on. eating right and taking care of ourselves the way we deserve to be taken care of is just part of every day life. Anyway, I like to believe it will be that much of a habit someday.

Okay, really going to sleep now. I am totally motivated for sleep. It will keep me from eating too Not many things can do that. Hee Hee
Old 02-19-2005, 12:13 PM   #19  

Stephanie, Christine, Selkiesa, and Christy!!!! You all have a wonderful day!! Keep posting. We need the encouragement! and our thread should always be at the top of the charts. Hee Hee!!! Cuz we rule.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:48 PM   #20  

I just joined this site as well and saw the post in the buddy up forums.

My name is Michelle, and I'm a stay at home mom with a beautiful 7 year old daughter and a new small jewelry business. I recently married a wonderful man, and we are getting ready to take a trip to the UK in August to see his sister get married. I want to be a lot smaller for her wedding than I was for my own. I'm not on a specific diet plan, just trying to eat sensibly and exercise. I'm a total carb-aholic so Atkin's and the like would never work for me

I've lost 6.5 pounds since I started this all a week and a half ago, and I already feel more energized.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 03:35 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the welcome Christy. Staying away from fast food is very, very hard and that is what got me where I am today, lol. So good luck to both of us with that.

Stephanie, I hope you don't mind my saying, but I think 1000 calories a day is too low for you, or for anyone trying to lose weight. If you make it too restrictive, you are more likely to fall off the bandwagon so to speak, and they say that at too low of calories your body is thinking it is starving and retains fat to protect itself. Also if you are training for running, then you might not have enough energy to get you through the day. Just for what it's worth.

One thing I am doing to help me stay away, hopefully, from restaurants/fast food, is I am paying myself if I spend less than a certain level every month - $20/$100 less and then putting that money into a pot for certain things that I want. Then I am also paying myself $2.00 for 2 hours of activity a day (I also having cleaning related issues) - so that helps me to exercise too. I only give myself 10 minutes of activity points for work since I have a desk job.

Marie
buddha belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 07:41 PM   #22  

Hi Marie, Welcome!!! I am so sorry I did not see your post earlier. What a great life change you have made to cut out junk food. That is wonderful. I am so glad you are here.

Michelle, Hi and Welcome. I'm glad we are all getting together to support each other. You are going to be lookin good in UK!!!!

I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Sorry have to leave for work. I will check in later.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:23 PM   #23  
kpe
Paige

Red face Hello!!

Hi everyone I am fairly new to 3FC (about 2 weeks) I joined Weight Watchers on 1-27-05. We have a group of 22 employees at work doing WW. They come weekly and conduct meetings at work which is really nice.

My name is Paige and I am soon to be 40 which is really stressing me out!!!! I don't know where my 30's went, but I want them back!!!! I have been married for 12 years to a great guy. We are parents to a 6 year old son and a 4 year old daughter.

I have always stuggled with my weight to some degree. I was my heaviest during my last pregnancy when I topped 304. (Boy I don't think anyone even knows that except for my OBGYN) We tried for 5 years to get pregnant and during that time I gained 60 lbs. and then another 40 since my first child. The fertility treatments were brutal and with every negative pregnancy test or miscariage I would comfort myself with food. Since my children were born I can now say that I am a slave to conveince food. Whatever is fast and easy is what we eat.

I need to lose this weight for myself and my family. I have never really been a yo-yo dieter, I just don't diet. This is something that I am committed too and have to do!!! I can use all the "buddies" and support I can get.

I started a charm bracelet when I started WW. The first charm says "family". I am only a few pounds away from being able to add the next one. I hope to get to know all of you better.

Paige
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 10:13 PM   #24  
Working at it!

Talking

Hi everyone!

Hope I can join your group!

For my intro: I'm 32 y.o., mom of two (21 months and 4 years old) and working full time for the moment. I have steadily gained weight since my teen years and just can't remember what it feels like to be thin and not so self conscious. I want to lose weight for me (a million reason why), but also for my kids. I just don't want them to be teased because of me. Plus I want to be a good example to them concerning food & exercise.

I'm 5'2" and 215 right now, which my highest ever. I'm determined to lose my extra weight this time. I joined ww this week and have started eating better. That already makes me feel better knowing I'm doing something about it. My goal weight for now is 175 which is what I was before the kids. Eventually I will aim for 140, but that seems just too far for now to comtemplate.

Selena: Thanks for starting this group! Congrats on your excellent first week!

Christine: We're starting at about the same weight, good luck to both of us! Hats off to you for taking care of 4 kids on your own. Your house must be so lively : )

Stephanie: I'm sure with all the exercise your getting it, you will see amazing results! Keep it up!

Sara: Hi again ww buddy! My DD is just turning 21 months so almost the same as yours : ) I love your Dori quote! Let's just keep losing together!

Christy: Keep up your good work! I love walking too! I usually listen to my favorite music and get going. I stoped with the cold weather, but it's my goal for next week to start it again.

Selkiesa: Hi! What is the cruise plan? I haven't heard of it yet. I too can't wait to shop for clothes in regular stores! That is a great motivator since I love shopping but don't like spending too much!

Marie: Glad to meet you too! Any loss is better than gain!! Keep losing however slowly and you will end up at your goal!

fatmommyinpa: Glad to see you here too! I replied to your other post in the buddy section cause I saw so much of myself in you. You seem determined, you will make it!

Michelle: Hi! Congrats on your great start!

Paige: Glad to meet you too! I love the idea of the bracelet charms!! Congrats on your good start!

Water challenge! What a good idea! I was drinking none before but I started doing much better this week. My goal for now is 32 oz, since more than that my bladder can't handle yet. I have one container that I fill and drink from it. Once it's finished I treat myself to my favorite: a diet pepsi (I can sure related to your diet coke addiction, Selena!).

Talk to you all soon

Last edited by detk1320; 02-19-2005 at 10:15 PM.
detk1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:16 PM   #25  

Default Hi

I hope you don't mined for me to post. I'm not realy that new still trying to figure out how to post something like the weight bar. I joined last month been trying to figure out just which diet and exercise is best for me. So now i'm ready to start talking and I would like to join you.
Hi I'm Angie I'm now 26 years old have two kids boy 6 and girl 2 years old. Been married for 8 years now. My highest weight was 255. I've been overweight on and off for as long as i can remember. I lost 35 pounds while I was pregnant with my baby girl. My current weight is 220 and I will lose the weight for my health and for me. I bought me a elliptical this week and thinking about doing WW. at home.
I real need buddies to talk to because I'm ready for this long process and need some company along the way. The only so called friend I have around here are small and talk about people overweight right in front of me like I'm not then say well she was bigger than you. As you can tell we fight a lot. Thanks
basic75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 12:37 AM   #26  

Hello everyone .....boy we are sure getting alot of us in here ......I am trying so hard to keep all of it straight .......but just to let all of you know this group is helping me already .....REALLY .......I know I could come in here and lie but I dont want to .....and I wont ......All day I think in the back of my mind " I gotta post something ....gee wonder how they are all doing " and really it gets me thru some of those brutal moments ......but I must say I did great today ( for the most part ).................noithing to drink but water and ice tea w/ splenda .........turkey sand. for lunch ........veggie stirfry for dinner ( at my mother in laws ) and then ****>>>>>>>>>> my husband who wont eat veggie ....ate nothin at his mothers and had to have wendy's on the way home .....ok so I go thru the drive thru ......get him what he wants .....Im doing great I ordered nothing ......I can do this ....I really can .....AND THEN WE GOT HOME AND ALL **** BROKE LOSE ......he left a cheeseburger sitting in the bag on the counter and told me to throw it away .......HEY ANY GUESS"S WHERE I PUT IT ???????? YEP thats right I ATE THE CHEESEBURGER ........so I made a mistake and I feel like crap about it ....but tomorrow is a new day and I am gonna wake up in the morning and try HARDER........
fatmommyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:31 AM   #27  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Talking Good Morning!!

Good Morning Girls!! How is everyone this morning!!

It is wonderful to see everyone joining here...WE can sooooo DO THIS TOGETHER!! I did really good yesterday...and I agree that this group is making me THINK ....before I EAT something I shouldn't...I went to Curves yesterday and barely could finish my 3 times around the machines...Im sick!! eekkk...
I have a really bad cold...and yesterday, all I wanted was ICE CREAM to soothe my throat....but I didnt' cave in...I thought to myself..and wondered how I could come on here and FACE you girls...if I had eaten ice cream...So I stuck to my plan...and I cant' believe it.... This thread is going to be soooo good for me!! It motivates me...
Now a welcome to all our girls who joined yesterday..

Hey Marie...Glad you joined us!! 7 pounds is wonderful girlfriend.. YIPEE!!!
You can do this...we are here for you....I know it is sooo hard to give us junk food...but just keep telling yourself how badly you want to lose the weight!!! welcome aboard!! I hope to get to know you!!

FM in PA!!! Glad you are here!! Welcome!! This is a wonderful group of ladies...and I know we can do this together..ok...you confessed...You ate a cheeseburger...NOW.......today is a new day...so start again today...YOU CAN DO THIS!! You know you can!! nothing TASTES as good as THIN feels!
I know what you mean about pictures...we have sooo many get togethers in my family...and I just HIDE from all the cameras...its soo pitiful...My mom had tons of pictures from our family reunion in Orlando....and not 1 picture of me!! I get all dressed up and think I look really good...but then look in the mirror and think...Oh WOW...that doesnt' look as good as you thought it did...Lose some weight all ready....If I keep telling myself that...maybe it will sink in...I think my HEAD is finally getting it..........and I am on a mission to get this weight off me!! I will be here every step of the way with you!! I hope to get to know you!!

Good morning Sara...(my PHAT friend!)... How are you this morning?? How did you do yesterday??? I think alot of people are interested in your WATER challenge...can you get us started with that??!! Oh yeah..YOU ROCK!!

Hey Michelle...Glad you joined us here!! Congrats on your 6 1/2 pounds lost .............YIPEE!! Go Girl Go...Check in here with us daily and let us know how you are doing...I hope to get to know you!!

Hi Paige!! that is awesome that you have co-workers doing the same thing with you....girlfriend..dont' let "40" stress you out...I turned 40 this year...and feel better than ever...cause I know this is my year to get this weight off...I love your charm bracelet idea...I have several italian charm bracelets, so maybe I will get me a new one and reward myself for every 5 pounds lost...Great idea!! This is a wonderful place for support...jump in...and I hope to get to know you!!

Hi Ann!! Of course you can join us..the more the merrier!! Glad you are here!!
Congrats on joining WW...You can do this girlfriend..and we will be right here with you the WHOLE WAY!! I too struggle with my water...and think a water challenge would be great...Jump in and let us know how you are doing...I hope to get to know you!!

Hi Angie!! Jump in girl...and let us know how you are doing...Glad you decided to post here...We're all new here and needed our OWN place to post...Congrats on getting an elliptical...That's awesome...Most of my friends are small too...but they are supportive...sometimes they do say things....not directed at me...but it still hurts my feelings...I want to do this for me...hope to get to know you!!

Here was my day yesterday...

Exercise: Went to Curves
Food: Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 strips of turkey Bacon
Lunch: Salad with Grilled Chicken Breast
Dinner: Steak, Salad and Mushrooms (drank a Diet Sprite Zero)..with no carbs, no sugar and no caffeine...
Snack: Sugar free Jello (Cherry!)
Water: probably around 40 oz.....(no where NEAR enough!)...I would like to drink at least 100oz per day...I need a challenge or something!!

Hope you all are having a great day!!
I will be back later.........
Selena

Last edited by GiddyupKaos; 02-20-2005 at 10:21 AM.
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:08 AM   #28  
kpe
Paige

Default Good Morning!!!

Wow, it is amazing how fast a new group can grow. I really wanted to get in on one that didn't have alot of history already. It can be a bit intimidating to just jump right in. Let's see we have Selena (thanks for starting this), Christine, Stephanie, Sara, Christy, Selkiesa, Marie, FM in PA, Michelle, Ann, Angie, and Paige (ME!). I hope to get to know all of you better.

As I was making my list of names I was re-reading some of the posts. Some of you were talking about pictures. I totally understand and I will hide from the camera or hide the pictures (if they don't make it to the trash first). It then dawned on me how true this is but how sad. My kids have grown up so fast (time flies) and we don't have a nice family picture. I never even really have had my pictures taken with my kids. So I have decided that this is going to be something I will work towards and do when I reach my goal.

Well my husband needs to get on the computer so I hope you all have a great day and make wise choices!!!

Paige
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:29 AM   #29  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Talking Good morning Paige!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpe
Wow, it is amazing how fast a new group can grow. I really wanted to get in on one that didn't have alot of history already. It can be a bit intimidating to just jump right in. Let's see we have Selena (thanks for starting this), Christine, Stephanie, Sara, Christy, Selkiesa, Marie, FM in PA, Michelle, Ann, Angie, and Paige (ME!). I hope to get to know all of you better. Paige
I agree Paige...it can be intimidating, when some of these groups have been together so long..That's why I thought it would be a great idea to start this one...we all kinda started around the same time..and we all needed support.... we will make our OWN HISTORY!!
so glad you are here!!

WAKE UP Sleepyheads!!
Come out Come out wherever you ARE!!
I can't wait to see how your day went yesterday!!

Last edited by GiddyupKaos; 02-20-2005 at 11:03 AM.
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 12:40 PM   #30  

Default Happy Sunday

Goodmorning Newbie Chicks!!!!! Well, I just got home from work and I need to get to bed so I can be up by 4 and start over again. The great thing about tonight is it is my FRIDAY!!! Yay! No more work after tonight. At least for a few days It is really hard for me to stay on my program when at work. First, I am sad because yesterday my husband woke me up and I am STARVING because I hadn't eaten in a long time. And he went and had KFC waiting for me when I woke up. He keeps doing this to me. I don't understand why . So I looked up the chicken pot pie. Its very bad. But since I hadn't eaten anything I ate half of it and had enough points to not go over. But half of a chicken pot pie doesn't last long I was still hungry. GRRRRRR. Then everyone at work brought food. So I ate a couple bites of the bean dip and 2 bites of the pie. And that was all I ate all night at work. Then came home and the other half of that stupid pot pie was still here so I just ate it and now I am going to bed very hungry. Dumb Dumb Dumb. Definately not the way a PHAT chick would eat. I haven't gone over on my points but its not good choices.

Okay that is my rambling of how bad I did. I am going to do good tonight and then I will be off work for a few days and I will work really hard.

I am so scared to get weighed. It is so stupid. I really have been staying in my point range but My first week I lost zero after working really hard. I'm scared if I weigh in and don't lose again I will feel frustrated and give up. But I know I can't give up. Because I am he*l bent on wearing my old jeans this year.

We have lots of new faces I see. Hooray! That makes me so happy. It is hard to fit into a group of people who have been online friends for a while. I think we will form our own little circle here and it will just be wonderful. I didn't see some from our first day post anymore. Hope to see em.

Paige, I know what you are saying about no one knowing your weight. In fact I am always worried my hubby will get on this site and somehow figure out who I am. Silly huh? But I don't want anyone outside of this group to know. Here though I feel like it lets people know where you are coming from. Its the only place I can actually discuss my weight without feeling ashamed. Bad me I know. No stress about 40. It really is only a number Isn't that what we say about the scale too? Hee Hee. But it is! And you are going to be so happy and healthy and energetic in your 40's they may end up being your best years yet! Convenience food is the root of all evil. It has put at least 70 pounds on me. I have officially declared it my enemy!! It is just so darn convenient. I am so glad you are here. Thanks for being our weight loss buddy!

DETK1320, I'm so glad you are here. We are going to do this. It is so nice to have all of this support. I can't wait to get on here everyday to see how everyone is doing. I hope your first week at ww goes well. It seems like sometimes I forget that I am on a "diet" and I have to remind myself quickly that I no longer eat whatever I darn well please. I have to really think about what I am eating right now. I hope as the weeks go by it gets to be more "normal" for me. You are so right though. I already feel better because I feel totally determined that this time I am going to lose weight and I'm not ever going to QUIT again. I'm going to be healthy from this day forward.

basic75, Welcome. It's so nice you are here. It is nice to have people to talk to about weight loss who understand. I think this will help me a lot. How do you like your eliptical? I have been thinking about getting one. Except I just bought the DDR to do with DS. Hopefully I do it. But I have heard that the eliptical is really good. As far as the weight bar.... Go to the top of the page where it says "user cp" click on that, you can alter lots of stuff to personalize this site to you, go to the one that says "edit signature" that is where you can put all sorts of deco on your name. It entertained me for quite a while.

FM in PA, I just can't call you "fatmommy" I can't do it. Because you are not a fatmommy. You are an awesome mommy. And I feel for you girl. Cheesburgers should not be left all alone and unwanted. It is just WRONG!!!! And you know what? Thats what I'm talking about. I need my house to be a safe place!!!! No tempting food. I am tempted enough everywhere else I go. I need a safe haven. I need to make DH understand this. But one cheeseburger is not going to ruin a week of good. Thats the great thing. Yay for you knowing today is a new day. We can't beat ourselves up. We have to be nice to us I will try to remember that too. Can't wait to hear how your day went today.

Selena, I just really do appreciate you getting this whole group started. This is so great for me. If we all stick together we have the potential of really bonding and supporting each other all the way to our goals!! Thank you! And I'm so glad I'm your PHAT friend. We are going to do this.
And this thread is making it WAY more fun for me.

Okay, Water. I don't really like it all that much. I mean if I have no diet coke or coffee I might consider drinking it. But otherwise, eh, no thanks. So I guess my first goal is to lose the attitude toward the water huh? I mean water has never done anything to me. I should like it. I'm pretty positive if I had been drinking water my ankles would not be cankles and I would have lost weight my first week. I have major water retention issues. But its not the dear sweet Diet coke that does that nooooo. So, I say we all challenge ourselves to drink very minimum of 8 8 oz glasses of water every day. Starting today. Actually too late today for a lot of you prob. Okay, but tomorrow morning it will be our mission. Got Water? yummmm. helps prevent wrinkles too!!!! I will do this because I don't want to be the weak link in our water challenge. So drink up ladies.

Have a great day!!!! I'm so glad to have met such a great group of chicks.
Thanks for being so supportive.

"Talk" to you later